RP Name: Commander Faie

RP Rank: Commander

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:198024168

Battalion or squad you are applying for: 41st BCMD Gree

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Experience

PVT - Commander

During this time I first joined both the server and the 41st. I made my way pretty quickly up the ranks and found myself at the rank of CSM in a month. From there on I joined the staff team and started doing a lot of work in both the battalion and the gm team. I reached GMO, VA and eventually Commander. As a Commander I was the GCL and Faie, before I could do everything I wanted as a commander and GCL I resigned from commander due to me taking up a full time job in the summer of 2021.

CSM - CMDR

After returning to school I quickly realized how much time I had to do nothing and rejoined the server once again. Pretty quickly I reestablished myself in the staff team and became a GMO again. I also took on the role of GCL, SUPL and Faie within the 41st. I am currently still GCL, Faie, SUPL, and have also achieved GMM. As GCL I have nearly finished work on a new tryout that can be ran on both main and event server as well as expand policies within the subunit that encourage rp and crack down on minge behavior. Within the SUP branch I have instated an RP focused system and tryout that encourages pilots to go beyond shooting at AI vulture droids for 10 minutes. I am now looking to continue expanding the SUP system and begin using the new tryout process for GC.

Jedi Knight 

Currently I have obtained the lore position of Etain Tur Mukan (which I enjoy very much) and am a consular manager. If I find myself too occupied with BCMD and GM work, I will resign from my work in the Jedi order. Currently I plan on continuing my position within the order as I believe I can manage my time for all positions I currently hold in game and in the staff team.

Real life applications:

I guess I'll list some things I have achieved outside of this server that carries over to being a leader. I am an Eagle Scout, Vigil honor in the Order of the Arrow and have attended leadership trainings hosted by Scouts BSA. Ex: National Leadership Seminar and National Youth Leadership Training. I also have fulfilled multiple leadership positions within Scouts locally including being a camp staff assistant director during the summer of 2021 (which is why I took a two month break from Synergy).

Now I'm sure none of you care about IRL stuff so I'll move on to the stuff that's actually important.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: 

I have a lot of experience in the battalion as a senior officer and understand how this battalion operates and where it lacks. I have seen three different BCMDs lead this battalion and picked up on mistakes each of them have made as well as learned from what they have all done successfully. I personally am a very progressive person that does not like to sit on a topic for longer than it needs to be sitting around. One of the biggest weaknesses in any team is spending too long on a solution without actually addressing the problem. I intend to keep a balance of deliberation and action as BCMD. I have felt ready for this position for a couple months now but I was busy IRL and didn't want to attempt running knowing my activity would be spotty. At this time, I can guarantee for this entire term that I will be free to take on this position. During my time on this server I have only once been arrested and that was due to a mistake I made where a certain Debrief was blown up by a turbolaser. I have lots of experience in gmod totalling over five thousand hours of playtime. I believe that I have accrued enough experience and learned enough to take on the position of BCMD for the 41st.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?: yes

Availability: (EST)
Monday + Thursday - after 6pm
Friday - after 11am
Saturday + Sunday - All day (most of the time)

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:

Around a year now. With only a 1-2 month break. 

Do you have a microphone?: yes

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:

Battalion current standing:
The best way (generalized) to describe the battalion is that Elite Corps is the relaxed group of players, GC is more serious RP focused, IC is somewhere in between EC and GC. IC has a history of not being very serious but recently has been making strides in fixing that. Overall in the past 6 months, the battalion has made tremendous strides in getting rid of minge behaviors everywhere. Shpack, Cloud and Mexico have done wonders in getting the battalion away from its old reputation where it was mainly just players logging on to fuck around with other people on the server. Now we have a decent standing where battalion members are hoping online to interact with others outside of just messing around in CY or a sim room.

Issues within the battalion:

We tell NCOs to do training and tryouts and yet none of those statistics are ever actually tracked so that they can be properly credited for their work. Currently in the 41st the officer corps are not really fully organized as a single entity. Some officers are promoting people differently from the rest (which is being currently addressed but definitely needs to be focused on into the next term of whoever is BCMD). There is also a disparity where the NCOs are basically the same rank from SGT- CSM. When you become a SNCO, there really isn't any change in the way you conduct yourself or responsibilities that are given out. Along with this disparity there is also a lack of actively flowing communication from the bottom ->  top (NCO- Officer) or even the top - bottom (Officer - > NCO). We communicate but I feel personally that there could be more discussion between ncos that are brought to officers on anything related to battalion operations. Elite Corp and Green Company have the two different mindsets which can sometimes be seen as either too weak or even too much.

After Im done:

Promotion standards for NCO-WO will be fixed

SNCOs will have larger responsibilities that allow them to play a larger role in the battalion.

NCO+ will have structure platforms to voice their concerns / suggestions beyond just the suggestion channel in discord

The EC - GC separation will be nurtured so that it remains as a positive impact on the battalion

Green Company tryouts will be conducted regularly

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: yes

Edited by Dono
  • Agree 1

spacer.png

+1 Dono was a commander under me during my time as gree and was the real strong arm of the law. The attack dog that did every job with excellence and with just the amount of finesse to make it go perfectly. I'm glad he's finally going for this. Let's hope for a streak of 3 good Grees. And not a continuation of 1 or 2 good grees and a string of bad ones. 

Edited by justuscloud5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Ayo this going to be a good show down so +1 also are you going to focus on Gree more than Jedi 

Edited by KillJoy
  • Friendly 1
  • Confused 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

16 minutes ago, KillJoy said:

So I have a couple of question you talk about things not being tracked would they not fall under the Intel team, and with the problems have you tired to bring this up to the Officer during any meetings along as bring updates to the NCO corp of your battalion since you brought up Communication. You good person I just was wondering about this, am already swinging towards +1 but I want to be sure you tired to help fix things before throwing up an App mate. So until than am NEUTRAL 

Things being tracked does rely on intel work but it’s something that needs to be pushed for, the senior officers have already briefly talked about how it is a problem and I listed it as something I would address as BCMD. Katy has done amazing things with the intel team but honestly the tracking of trainings and recruitments for promotions was a flaw with our officer corps, not the intel team. The officers need to work together and find the best solution for properly keeping track of the work that our battalion members are actually putting in. Most of the time our officers just say “x individual has been doing a lot as an nco” but we don’t effectively track what our ncos are really doing overall statistically. My work within the battalion as a senior officer was mainly focused on Green company and SUP as I am the lead for both. Communication breakdown is something I noticed recently that can be improved, I have not been silently ignoring the problem - if that is what you are concerned about. 

spacer.png

I have a quick few questions before I rate but I am very leaning towards +1ing.

Question 1: what are some things you are going to do to improve the maturity of the battalion. (Since coming back to the server I have seen a lot of very loose behavior and mingey behavior from people with lore character names and it seems it was kind of “encouraged”. Not particularly encouraged but you wouldn’t particularly get punished or anything) 

Question 2: A consistent problem I have seen within 41st was the promotion requirements because there was never really a merit system to track this type of thing. I feel like players were just promoted for being active but not doing that much work. What are your thoughts on implementing a merit system to encourage NCO’s to do work and get recognized for it while also progressing in the battalion? 

Question 3: I personally think another problem that runs with the 41st is the infrastructure, do you have any plans to improve on this and to keep a populated and stable officer core?

Question 4: Do you plan on making Improcco more of an Elite Branch of the battalion? Or do you have any plans to change this Sub Unit?

EDIT: After speaking with Dono I am +1ing! Goodluck!

Edited by Unkindled
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly 1
3 minutes ago, Unkindled said:

I have a quick few questions before I rate but I am very leaning towards +1ing.

Question 1: what are some things you are going to do to improve the maturity of the battalion. (Since coming back to the server I have seen a lot of very loose behavior and mingey behavior from people with lore character names and it seems it was kind of “encouraged”. Not particularly encouraged but you wouldn’t particularly get punished or anything) 

Question 2: A consistent problem I have seen within 41st was the promotion requirements because there was never really a merit system to track this type of thing. I feel like players were just promoted for being active but not doing that much work. What are your thoughts on implementing a merit system to encourage NCO’s to do work and get recognized for it while also progressing in the battalion? 

Question 3: I personally think another problem that runs with the 41st is the infrastructure, do you have any plans to improve on this and to keep a populated and stable officer core?

Question 4: Do you plan on making Improcco more of an Elite Branch of the battalion? Or do you have any plans to change this Sub Unit?

1: maturity within the battalion is always a very delicate matter to many of the battalion members. My goal is to keep my men out of jail as much as possible and ensure that the members of the battalion understand that everyone defines the image of the battalion. EC will remain the more relaxed group. GC will continue holding strict and higher standards. I will make sure that any toxic behavior is immediately addressed and never encouraged. There will be a clear line between “fun” and “minge toxicity”. 

2: promotion requirements are already being addressed during this time by the officers. I plan on pushing for what we are currently working on to be implemented. If you really want more info on the exact specifics we can talk in TS but it is still a WIP and I don’t want to publicly disclose what might not be the final outcome. 

3: The senior office corp is very, very strong at this time. Assuming nothing goes wrong anytime soon, I will need to only continue building the junior officers and work on expanding the functionality of the NCO/ SNCO corps. 

4: I have definitely voiced before that I believe that IC should be the finest and most qualified troopers within our battalion but I will not tread over Goda out of respect for his dedication to this battalion. At this time I do not have plans for improcco as I fully believe in Goda who is the current IC lead and his leadership. The only thing I want from IC is less messing around when it’s important but that’s something that is already being worked on and has been worked on for awhile now. If I see the need for any other changes in improcco I will consult Goda and we will find a solution together.

spacer.png

I will +1 after reading your app but I do have one question.

If you wish to stay involved in jedi what will you do to balance Gree and Jedi responsibilities? (I know you spoke about in your app, just want some more clarification.)

• Friendly 1

- Your Local Headass, Bruise.

Former: Jedi Master,  BCMD Gree , Recon RCMD Head Admin , GMM, Adi GalliaCommander Faie X2, Cooker

6 hours ago, Bruise said:

I will +1 after reading your app but I do have one question.

If you wish to stay involved in jedi what will you do to balance Gree and Jedi responsibilities? (I know you spoke about in your app, just want some more clarification.)

If I become Gree I will maintain my position as Etain and consular manager. I believe that I have enough time to balance my workload. If not, I will drop consular manager. 

Edited by Dono

spacer.png

So I noticed u speak about a separation between EC and GC, how do you plan to get them closer? Same thing with the promotion standards, how are you planning to change them?

I see you have some goals, and I understand you might want to keep revealing some of your plans in the interview, but if this is something u are willing to do i believe myself and others will be glad to hear some about your plans and not just goals.

Other than that after looking through the list of who can apply for the BCMD you are definitely one of the people deserving interview even thought I am not familiar with your plans. 

Good Luck with the interview! +1

• Friendly 1

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

5 minutes ago, Black said:

So I noticed u speak about a separation between EC and GC, how do you plan to get them closer? Same thing with the promotion standards, how are you planning to change them?

I see you have some goals, and I understand you might want to keep revealing some of your plans in the interview, but if this is something u are willing to do i believe myself and others will be glad to hear some about your plans and not just goals.

Other than that after looking through the list of who can apply for the BCMD you are definitely one of the people deserving interview even thought I am not familiar with your plans. 

Good Luck with the interview! +1

The separation between EC and GC isn’t exactly a negative one. It just provides people the ability to choose to join GC who are more rp focused. My plan is to push GC as a more instructive sub unit where ncos in the subunit are training EC troopers, allowing EC to grow. The battalion does not want to change to a fully serious system, that’s not the 41st at all. My plan is to continue our mentality of staying lax when possible and serious when needed. 

Edited by Dono
  • Informative 1

spacer.png

As a 41st WO, i just have some questions
Merits? some people (NCOs, SNCOs) i have spoken to are concerned about merits being implemented.
Also: What will happen to the SUP branch in 41st if you are to become Gree? (not asking about next leader, asking about implementations and possible new rules.)

God's silliest soldier | KITTYPOSTING BANDIT FROM ZAMBIA

20230204_125729.jpg?width=676&height=676

44 minutes ago, NaquisAKANuKwah said:

As a 41st WO, i just have some questions
Merits? some people (NCOs, SNCOs) i have spoken to are concerned about merits being implemented.
Also: What will happen to the SUP branch in 41st if you are to become Gree? (not asking about next leader, asking about implementations and possible new rules.)

A point based merit system has no plans to be implemented at all at this time. Only promotion requirements that actually gauge whether an nco is doing enough work to be promoted. The officer channel pinned messages has a rough outline of what we have been working on so please go check those. For SUP I will finish the system that was being implemented under me and pass on leadership to someone else. 

spacer.png

I've known you since I joined this battalion which has been quite some time now. I think you are a great person to talk to about a lot of the issues within the 41st, and I always find myself gaining some sort of wider knowledge that I wouldn't have known prior to talking to you. You take ideas/Suggestions by a very analytical aspect which makes you super useful. I've also found myself becoming very good friends.

Question 1: The biggest thing I’m afraid of is you not taking people's suggestions and understanding where they’re coming from. Sometimes you take suggestions and shut them down way too fast which makes people afraid to suggest things to you. How do you plan on making everyone feel like they’ve had a say and been heard?

Question 2: It's no secret that the 41st has been struggling a bit with too many people being a ming. How do you plan on handling this while maintaining everyone's joy for our community? I think we shouldn’t be so mingy but I do think if done wrong you could kill everyone's enjoyment for the 41st and they would rather leave at that point then stay. 

3 minutes ago, Batdog said:

I've known you since I joined this battalion which has been quite some time now. I think you are a great person to talk to about a lot of the issues within the 41st, and I always find myself gaining some sort of wider knowledge that I wouldn't have known prior to talking to you. You take ideas/Suggestions by a very analytical aspect which makes you super useful. I've also found myself becoming very good friends.

Question 1: The biggest thing I’m afraid of is you not taking people's suggestions and understanding where they’re coming from. Sometimes you take suggestions and shut them down way too fast which makes people afraid to suggest things to you. How do you plan on making everyone feel like they’ve had a say and been heard?

Question 2: It's no secret that the 41st has been struggling a bit with too many people being a ming. How do you plan on handling this while maintaining everyone's joy for our community? I think we shouldn’t be so mingy but I do think if done wrong you could kill everyone's enjoyment for the 41st and they would rather leave at that point then stay. 

1: My plans with the 41st is to implement more meetings where ncos, SNCOs and officers get together to thoroughly discuss suggestions and improvements to the battalion. I don’t want anyone to feel that their opinion is being completely discarded because of their position. I have a very good understanding of what it feels like to have what you think is an amazing idea to only be faced with absolute rejection and 0 room for consideration. I will not allow anyone in the battalion to feel that their opinion is insignificant. 

2: my plan to fix the minge ness is to become more strict on the office corp and mandate from the top-down more seriousness when it’s needed. Often times officers allow thing to go too far and I believe we need to start there. I do not want people to stop having fun, I only want to see more maturity when it’s important. The line in the sand is becoming muddled and a large fault is on the officers being too lax. 

• Agree 1

spacer.png

+1 A few months ago I said I would have actually ran against you for Gree because I felt like you wouldn't be good for the position. Obviously now after working with you on various things across the server, I think the very opposite. You have a lot of experience on the server/41st and your work drive is insane. You're very easy and fun to work with. We've shared similar frustrations with how 41st sometimes operates and makes decisions (or a lack of decisions), so I know that you have the best intentions and will trust you to lead 41st into something better

• Funny 1

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

+1 solid guy with a clear passion for improvement. 

i've seen him grow alot on a personal level during my time working with him and I think he has worked into a quality leader.

Only concern is this man is juggling like 5 positions. but you have addressed that and i know you have the maturity to step down from other roles should your responsibilities get too demanding  

• Friendly 1

former: cadet,private,private first class, specialist,Sergeant,Staff Sergeant,Sergeant First Class,Master Sergeant,First Sergeant,Sergeant Major,Command Sergeant Major,Warrant Officer, Sergeant Major of the battalion, 2nd Lieutenant,Lieutenant,Captain,Major,Lieutenant Colonel,Colonel,Commander,Executive Officer,Battalion Commander,Regimental Commander,Marshal Commander,501st,212th,DU,21st,CG,RANCOR,104th,SOBDE,Jedi,Naval,41st,Event Job,Gamehelper,Gamemaster,Gamemaster Officer, Gamemaster Manager, Gamemaster Director, New Admin, Admin, Senior Admin, Veteran Admin,Head Admin, Director,Managment, Founder, Retired Founder, forum mod, forum admin,forum dev,Yoda,Mace WIndu

current: Versock

• Management
Management
On 2/3/2022 at 10:01 PM, Unkindled said:

Question 1: what are some things you are going to do to improve the maturity of the battalion.

41st and Maturity don’t belong in the same sentence. Oh what I’d do to relive watching the entire 41st get arrested because they ran into DB throwing Hex Shields everywhere.

oh +1 btw

• Funny 4

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Banned

+1 i’ve seen nothing but good work from dono in the 41st 

• Friendly 1

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING