Katy's Game Master Re-application

Katy

Name: Katy
SteamID:  STEAM_0:0:59565043
Current Staff Rank: SA
Are you Currently a GH?: Yes
How long have you played on the server? [Hours]: 2500 or more
From 1-10, what would you rate your knowledge of the Clone Wars?: 7
Do you understand that if you are inactive, you will be removed from the program?: Yeah
Why do you want to join the Gamemaster team?: I was Game Master previously and I enjoyed it, although I quit because I could not upkeep my quota or staff work in general. I re-applied for staff earlier this year and have done GH/main server things since then. Now I feel comfortable enough that I can balance all of my work together and entertain the battalions I'm in. I want to specifically do faction deployments. Specifically Jedi and Bounty Hunter as they rarely see deployments outside of the weekly deployment. Unless I'm misremembering, Naval, BH, and Jedi are basically on rotation and get deployed once a week. So it means Jedi, BH, and Naval get one deployment per month, and then one of them gets another one for the fourth week. That's horrible. Also, since the Halo props and the various GM tools came out, I've had a lot of inspiration to start doing events. And I find deployments more rewarding and creative than main server events, so that's more motivation to apply.
Do you have any suggestions for the gamemaster team?: Get yo GMOs+ that's not Jova to start logging things. Regimental deployments should honestly be only for factions. It's killed a lot of potential creative deployments that could happen that are just for one or two battalions because a lot of focus is being spent on reg deployments. Other GMs and players have other criticisms that go more in-depth, but that's my summary of the whole thing.
Link us to a document for an event that you will execute as a gamemaster: 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T8VHCAvgdbuSW9_YZvp7VOpBqUY53aEgwdcoAXn2KCI/edit?usp=sharing

Place the links below of at least 2 Events you have been the GM for (Optional)

(still latching onto this shit a year later)

• Winner 1

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

Thank you for the feedback! For context, our faction deployments are something that we had chosen to start independently (and it does include Senate). However, the weekly regimental deployments are something the founder team has put their foot down as things that *need* to happen, so that everybody gets deployed every week at least once. I definitely also have some big reservations about the weekly regimentals, but we can't stop doing them. But if we deployed every faction AND every regiment per week, that's 7 deployments we'd need volunteers for and, most importantly, TIME for. Running deployments is hard. Having to run 7 each week is even harder, leaving almost no room for people to do what they want to do, deployment-wise.

• Winner 2

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

4 hours ago, Katy said:

Do you have any suggestions for the gamemaster team?: Get yo GMOs+ that's not Jova to start logging things. 

we're working on it, and we have some members of the team who have really been stepping up recently and doing a great job while I try and step back a bit. We are in a transitionary period intel-wise, so we're trying things out for a week at a time to see what works, what doesn't, and what steps we need to take. Besides, I'd absolutely love to have another intel-heavy GMO, so if you're interested, make sure we know :) 

Regimental deployments should honestly be only for factions. It's killed a lot of potential creative deployments that could happen that are just for one or two battalions because a lot of focus is being spent on reg deployments. 

Mavelle touched on this, and I agree with what he's said 100%. Reg deployments are so that no matter what battalion you're in, no matter what's going on, you have 100% guaranteed a deployment every week you can attend. Faction deployments, while welcomed, dont fit into that as much. And as mavelle said, it's a lot of strain. The GM team has stepped up a lot recently and especially last week, but even a good week will usually see us with single digit deployments still. Mandating people run ones for factions takes a lot from any other deployment. That being said, factions are deployed much, much more often than they have been, at least as long as I've been around. I think we've run more faction deployments in the past month and a half than the previous year combined, doubly so for groups like senate/naval.  

Given that voluntary faction deployments are still allowed, encouraged, and greatly appreciated. You want something to change and you're steppin up to do it yourself, so good shit, and thanks for the feedback. 

Was gonna not vote cause I was gonna keep an eye on accepting it come time, but I'll let someone else do that. +1, if you think you can handle the workload I've worked with you enough in the past and now to know you can. Can't wait to have ya as a part of the team. 

Goodbye, everyone.