RP Rank: 
Commander 

Steam ID: 
STEAM_0:0:459900050 

Battalion or squad you are applying for: 
Dooms Unit 

Experience: 
ARFL 
This was the first position that I earned on this server. As ARFL one of my main goals was to make the branch interesting and fun for everyone, Which at first, was a little hard to catch their interest until I started showing them how fun Reconnaissance can be. With 4 years of previous experience in the military with recon, it was very easy to come up with cool training ideas. Biggest problem in the past was that troopers would pass the tryout and that was the extent of it.

Not utilizing the ARF trooper for what they are supposed to be used for. To me that seemed so useless. I started to implement recon into battalion trainings. Having ARF go ahead and get a salute report and pass back the information for further planning. I passed down as much of my knowledge as I could to my ARFOs before I had left and joined the ARC branch. I left ARF with a full roster and 2 extremely  
competent ARFOs, which one of them went on to be the lead. 

ARCL 
When I first passed my trainings and became an ARC trooper, the ARC branch was  nonexistent. I was appointed to ARCO to help the branch grow, to which I immediately started to encourage troopers to go through the process. A lot of the troopers I had thought ARC was too hard and some just didn’t care about ARC. So I could see why very few people were even ARC trained in the battalion. I started by telling informing them that the process is doable and how fun being in the branch could be. I slowly start having more and more troopers go through the process. Now, my ARC branch is full. Which at first, I never thought that would happen. It was one of the proudest moments I have had on this server. From what I was last told, it has been a while since our ARC branch was full. 

WO 
In the warrant officer position, my duties were to be the bridge between the NCOs and the officer core. With that, I had to ensure that the NCOs were doing their job and answering any questions they had. Helping NCOs better themselves and being there for them when they have any issues. I was hosting meetings every week to inform them of changes and to see if they had any comments or concerns.  In this position is where I developed a close relationship with the people in the battalion. To which was the greatest accomplishment I could ask for as warrant officer. Now troopers felt comfortable to come to me about any issues they had. They would come to me asking for advice to help further their abilities as an NCO and I got to watch a lot of them grow into excellent SNCOs.  

Commander 
When I was promoted to the commander position, Dooms unit was in a really tough/weird position. We had lost a lot of good people in the battalion due to some issues and was left in a confused state. Our activity had started to die down and it felt terrible. DU has been my home since day one on this server for me. I could not just sit back and watch DU in this position we are in. This left us with a lot of working together to try to solve the issue and prevent it from happening. We started implementing incentives for recruiting, promoting people for the excellent work they do. Promotions shouldn’t be limited to meeting requirements. If there is someone out there hosting trainings, recruiting, helping others and someone who is respected throughout the battalion; they should be looked at for promotion. . People were just afraid to promote someone early if they see them doing good work within the battalion. We started to see old DU members come back and a bunch of new ones come in. Our numbers were back on the rise again. We started to see our numbers around 12-15 during primetime hours which is such a good thing to see. Everyone has been putting in the work to help our battalion grow. 

OOC experience 
Before my time on the server, I spent 6 years in the military. I spent 4 of those years in a recon company to which I had some of the best times of my life at. In those 6 years I was a Team leader and a squad leader. In those positions, you had to ensure the health and welfare of each soldier. I had to ensure they were properly trained and solve any issues they had. With that I have seen many types of leadership styles. I found that the most successful style was to make them want to work for you and not force them to work for you. When it came time to trainings, they wanted to improve their skills. Not just for themselves, but they wanted to make our team look good. Which im not going to lie, my team kicked ass. We won so many live fire competitions because of all the work and effort they put in to training. I noticed that a lot of the teams at the bottom had leaders that would force them to do training and belittle them. Today im a project manager, which means I am out in the field working and doing a lot of admin stuff. Handle communication between contractors and ensure we are on pace to finish projects.  

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: 
I think I would be an excellent BCMD because I have always been there for my battalion. I have spent so much time building trust with everyone. I am always there to help anyone and everyone. People feel comfortable to approach me because I will help them out. I have the experience and the mentality it takes to be in this type of position. The success of the battalion will only work if we all work together. It shouldn't be the BCMD thinking he must do the work all on their own. You have positions to help you out with the workload. I will ensure everyone knows their opinions mean something to me. I want to pave the way for the next BCMD as well by setting an example. I I just want to ensure the future for Dooms Units is a good one. My intentions here are good. I really hope you all see that. 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?: 
Yes 

Availability: 
on server 
CST 
Monday thru Friday 4:00pm-11:00pm 
Saturday and Sunday 11:00am-11:00pm 
Discord 
Monday thru Sunday 10:00am-11:00pm 

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: 
1100 hours 

Do you have a microphone?: 
Yes 

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?: 

Communication- On of the top issues in the battalion was a lack of communication. There was a lot of lack of communication issues in the battalion which was causing a lot of pointless drama that could have been solved very easily. If someone is never told there is an issue, how are they going to fix it? The answer is they wont. I would encourage troopers to be open about current issues they are having with there chain of command. Which to do so, you need to build trust. Trust isn't something that happens overnight. Its something that is earned and to which I think I would say I have earned my trust within DU because I am open and honest. I will lead by example and show that we can all communicate with each other and build that trust with everyone within the battalion. My door will always be open for anyone in need. 

Activity- Keeping the battalion is something that can be a challenge for some. A lot of new people will join the battalion and not show back up after a few days. To me I think it boils down to a lack of interest. If there is nothing fun going on or people are not being productive with their time, people will lose interest. With that being said, we just need to ensure that we are doing something. Doesn’t have to be trainings all the time. Its about being creative. We have a couple of real good SA in the battalion who are either hosting cool events or fun and new trainings. Doing a CIT repeatedly just gets boring and people lose interest. So coming up creative ideas to keep people entertained is extremely important. We hosted a battle royal which our guys truly enjoyed.  

Trainings- Knowing how to do your role and do it well in my eyes, makes the job more entertaining. Training are the backbone of being a successful trooper. The issue that comes with that is you don’t want to host too much training and burn people out. It's about finding that balance. But trainings are important because it helps everyone develop their skills together. With people coming in all the time we need to make sure they are all up to speed. Hosting trainings if there is some down time is something you should want to do. Personally, when I was in the military, it was so rewarding watching someone you mentored get into a position you were in. 

Recruitment-  Recruiting is important when it comes to the future of the battalion. People come and go and you should always be prepared for that. The NCOs should be out there recruiting, and they will be rewarded for the work they put in. Which the NCOs in the battalion have been doing an excellent job of that. Not having to be told to recruit because they are doing it during downtime or when they see CTs on. They have been providing the battalion with a bunch of new faces that have been such a huge help to our battalion so far. 

Discipline- I don’t want officers or NCOs to be afraid of dishing out PT if needed. Personally I don’t  like doing PT but sometimes it is needed for someone to really get what they are doing is wrong. I will be working with the senior officers to update the current discipline handbook as I feel needs some work. 

Promotions- We are currently trying to find the sweet spot for requirements. This is a lot of trial and error. It comes down to working with officer and the NCO core to find that perfect balance. As of right now, the requirements seem to be in a good spot. This can change depending on feed back from the battalion. We just don't want to overwhelm everyone with insane requirements. Everyone has different hours they are on and some troopers don't have much for recruiting  and events at the times they are on. So we will always keep that into consideration.

Behavior-  
 I want troopers to act professional when working with others. I understand some people want to just goof off and have fun. I don't want DU to be a strict environment either.  We are all here to have fun and I don't want troopers to feel like this isn't an place where they can do that.  But I don't want to see troopers out being a  minge.  This is why i will be updating the Discipline handbook according to that. Once we come to an agreement on the new handbook, it will be enforced

Havoc Squad- I have had such an incredible time in havoc squad. We have been lucky with the past and present brimstones we have had. I would like to give the current brimstone more freedom to do as he sees fit for the squad. Should be adapting the squad with current changes. I want HS to be that squad that everyone in DU wants to be apart of. With that, I would like to see HS do some stuff on there own every once in awhile. Not so much to where DU would feel separated from HS. Just feel like they deserve it for having to go through the process to become HS.

The overall goal is took make DU a fun environment for everyone. This is a game and it should be a place where you can relax and have fun.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: 
Yes 

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: 
Yes 

• Winner 1

+1 May the best man win, I believe you and skitz have the same goals in mind. Good luck in the interview 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Yes sir. I love you man, wish the best upon you. Cat Doom approves.

+1

Z.png?width=400&height=267

Edited by Slak
  • Funny 5
  • Winner 1

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

How many people going for Doom. +1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

+1. Flip has been a solid leader to serve under. He takes the time out of his day to service the needs of members in the Battalion, and he never leaves a message or concern unanswered. The guy genuinely wants to make DU a great place and it shows in the effort he puts in. He's done a great job leading the ARC branch and I'm sure he'd do a great job at the helm of DU given the chance

Battalion Commander Doom (Former)

Before I vote on this, Flip, I want to make sure that you REALLY want to hold this position. 

I've talked to you before about this, and have encouraged you to run. While things can change, you've been pretty adamant about being too busy with real life to dedicate the time you'd need to as Doom. 

What's changed? Speaking from personal experience, I felt a lot of pressure a week ago to run for the position. I quickly realized that I wasn't having fun in my position, and that it was negatively affecting my mental health and my ability to handle important aspects of my life. I know firsthand how awful this can feel; my biggest qualm with your app is that I'm unsure if you're also feeling "forced" to run for this position. I know you have a great chance of getting the position, but do you think you can hold onto the position if you get it?

I've been your biggest supporter and advocate since you joined DU. You're one of the best people I've met on this server, and you know I'll always be in your corner. However, I'm here for YOU, not what other people want you to be.

So, take this as a chance to introspect. Is this what you truly want?

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

At first harsh, everything you said was accurate. I didn't want this position because i felt like it was going to be a job and i would have to do a lot of work. Since you stepped down, everyone has come together to help rebuild the battalion. I come to realize that with everyone's help, it wont be a job. I have so many competent people in the battalion that have stepped forward and have taken their new positions seriously. Now its something that I personally believe will be something I can enjoy. I no at first I didn't want to get burnt out, but i truly believe now with the help i have, i will be just fine. Harsh, the work you did for the battalion was incredible. You were such an incredible asset to the battalion.  I promise you I'm doing this because i want to. 

2 minutes ago, FLiP said:

At first harsh, everything you said was accurate. I didn't want this position because i felt like it was going to be a job and i would have to do a lot of work. Since you stepped down, everyone has come together to help rebuild the battalion. I come to realize that with everyone's help, it wont be a job. I have so many competent people in the battalion that have stepped forward and have taken their new positions seriously. Now its something that I personally believe will be something I can enjoy. I no at first I didn't want to get burnt out, but i truly believe now with the help i have, i will be just fine. Harsh, the work you did for the battalion was incredible. You were such an incredible asset to the battalion.  I promise you I'm doing this because i want to. 

Thank you Flip for responding. Hope you have fun as Doom if you get the chance! 

+1.

• Friendly 1

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

+1, you are pretty serious, but even if you or SkiTz get BCMD, we all know that at the end of the road, Dennis shall reign the battalion again.

puppetmasterdennis.png

Edited by BlackPink
  • Funny 5
  1. Current: DU Sentry Knight Tiplar | Ex: Intel Deputy Director and Major in DU.

BIGGEST KPOP FAN OF THE SERVER

Where do I even start man! This guy right here is one the best troopers I saw flourish from a PVT-CMD in a matter of months. He is by far one of the most approachable people in the server! Words can't describe how good of a fit he will be for BCMD because just how amazing this guy is. As your former CMD and friend I am giving you a huge +1

• Friendly 1

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Congratulations, You have been Accepted for BCMD Doom
Your Term Ends 7/4/2021 (MERICA)
//Locked
//Moved to Accepted

• Winner 1