time flies

sometimes I reminisce on the old days, memories from 2017, 2018, and 2020. The memories I made with friends who I don't talk to anymore and some that I still do. It's odd to think about how fast these years past by. It doesn't feel like too long ago that I was a 14 year old freshman spending a majority of my time playing SWRP and having a blast doing it. 

Now almost 4 years later, as an 18 year old with college on the horizon and my last year in highschool . It just feels odd how fast time flies and how little you can do to stop it. 

Friends came and went. Through the good and bad, the memories linger and you think about the good times and how you would do anything to go back. 

All the 4am shit show events that had me laugh so hard my stomach hurt. To the friends I made along the way. I thank everyone who has made the community what it is because Im not sure what I would've done with out it.

Synergy and SWRP will always have a place in my heart.

Thank you for reading.

I'd like to see what this community means to you guys and how its changed you.

Edited by Lix
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 8
  • Management

I want to go back so bad...

spacer.png

The nights where I would stay up super late and just do the stupidest shit with my staff powers just to give people something to do. Everyone's just laughing and vibing with each other no matter what battalion they were in or what rank they held. We'd all laugh our asses off to the point where some of us were crying lol (Myself included)

Now it just feels like people are too worried about the rules rather than just having fun. Obviously people need to know when they should be acting serious and staying in character but legit some people need to loosen up and take the sticks out of their ass and just have fun. Laugh a little. 

I love this server to death and the people that play it. Literally if you ask just about anyone what their favorite part about the server is 99% of the answers you will get will be "The People" 

• Agree 1
  • Winner 4
  • Friendly 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Thing is I feel like I spent a lot of my "good ol' days" stressing out over stuff that didn't matter nearly as much as I thought it did.

If I could go back I'd probably be putting things under a wider lens and try to understand why people did what they did back in the day. The good ol' days weren't even that good a decent amount of time, but the feeling of wanting to get on and chill out with people who just wanna have fun is something I only had a very short experience doing before being put in a position where I had basically no choice but to absorb all the drama. Trying to be better about it these days but I still slip every now and then, be it my fault or someone else's.

But the community has changed me for the better considering where I was before I first connected to Synergy. Chiefly, it's put me in a position in life where I feel like I can enjoy things (in this case SW RP) and not care what others have to say about it. Liking something without feeling sorry for doing so is something I desperately needed at the time.

• Winner 2

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

What Ratio said. As much as I cherish the old days and how much fun we used to have, I'm still having so much fun now. Sometimes I think I took this game like it was an actual job and not just a video game, but seems many others have done the same. Now I just like to have fun, although I do miss the dynamic we had in the 91st, that shit has never been topped for me since.

From my standpoint there was no better time to be on the server for me then where I’m at now. Obviously I miss my old buddies and the times that I had with the Odinsons, when I was Gume, or even when I was a VA for the first time about to get Overseer. 

Those moments got me to where I was today, my old buddies are long gone doing their own thing now, but that’s okay because now I have more friends to accompany me in life and I couldn’t be more thankful. Cheers to the good ol’ days but also cheers to the future.

Most fun I had was when I was HA. 
Running a program was also amazing as it made me feel proud and with purpose.

I miss getting on as fixer though, during that time I met the coolest people, and there was always something going on. It was cool hopping on GTA V spawning in big ass cargo planes and trucks n shit during races and hearing JB screaming lmao. Tino calling his mom at like 1 in the morning and screaming was definitely interesting too.

There was a lot of stupid fun things I’ve done through out my time but It all feels different now. People are like grown up it’s weird who would’ve thought.

• Funny 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

I would say prob my favorite time to get on was basically my time between Venator extensive and Jania, that’s when most of prob the guys I’ve enjoyed the server the most were around so essentially rancor and all the alphas, a few of them are still around, but a few don’t play anymore such as Miller and Dino.

then I also invested time into the 501st during that time on extensive which was 501st under Quill than Omalic which I can’t lie 501st under omalic was truly a fun experienced even though we were all retards

and even though I got removed from SOBDE in between that time due to me being an omega retard while I was in omega squad, the people in there were cool and made fun of me for thinking I dated my sister when in reality it wasn’t my sister cause I don’t have one.......yet. 

Edited by Piff

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, Piff said:

I would say prob my favorite time to get on was basically my time between Venator extensive and Jania, that’s when most of prob the guys I’ve enjoyed the server the most were around so essentially rancor and all the alphas, a few of them are still around, but a few don’t play anymore such as Miller and Dino.

then I also invested time into the 501st during that time on extensive which was 501st under Quill than Omalic which I can’t lie 501st under omalic was truly a fun experienced even though we were all retards

and even though I got removed from SOBDE in between that time due to me being an omega retard while I was in omega squad, the people in there were cool and made fun of me for thinking I dated my sister when in reality it wasn’t my sister cause I don’t have one.......yet. 

Good ol' Dino... Miss that guy, what happened with him is BS.

Honestly I'm amazed by the odd string of events that brought me here. If I never won the Gmod giveaway I entered I probably wouldn't be here. If I never just so happened to change my mind about going to DU tryouts after passing by a 91st on my way to them, I wouldn't have ANY of the friends that I have, probably would've quit a long time ago, definitely wouldn't have gone to Synergy at any rate. Butterfly effect man, almost brings a tear to my eye. First started when I was a wee lad just finishing high school and now I'm soon to graduate university, time flies.

• Friendly 1
  • Optimistic 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

The most fun I had was on Venator SLG, just simply due to the fact that the founders were on like everyday just fucking around and it was so hilarious. Freck was Director, 120 players every single day. The good ole days

• Friendly 1

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47autk0ajbcj5rtkhc86

Former: Delta Pilot 42 | WO Appo | 501st 2ndLT ScarZ | Naval LT Patrick

8 hours ago, Craigary said:

Most fun I had was when I was HA. 
Running a program was also amazing as it made me feel proud and with purpose.

I miss getting on as fixer though, during that time I met the coolest people, and there was always something going on. It was cool hopping on GTA V spawning in big ass cargo planes and trucks n shit during races and hearing JB screaming lmao. Tino calling his mom at like 1 in the morning and screaming was definitely interesting too.

There was a lot of stupid fun things I’ve done through out my time but It all feels different now. People are like grown up it’s weird who would’ve thought.

:PepeHands:

• Pay Respect 1

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

God I miss interacting with this community sometimes its like an old lost friend and a drug at the same time. I think I've become more twisted over the years towards gaming I remember downloading a pirated version of ksp and that was my shit for months on end staying up until 4 in the morning still on kerbal because I couldn't figure it out but I still loved every second of it. 

I was actually gifted garrys mod from my girlfriend and I didn't really play it much at the time thought it was stupid DARK RP. It wasn't until like 2 years later when I found this community god I miss all the old friends from the 41st and my high school friends that would come on and minge just causing chaos it was awesome. 

But im glad that its over im moving on to other things, but it was really nice while it lasted. Things change and this community is no exception. I love you guys 

@Forseen @Dragon @Jad 

its awesome to see you guys taking the reigns im sure great things will come. im proud of all three of you 

@Square

Also Im proud that you've finally accepted who you are as a gay man. I can see from your instagram that you are becoming more body positive keep it up

• Funny 2
  • Founder
Founder
15 hours ago, Sanchez said:

God I miss interacting with this community sometimes its like an old lost friend and a drug at the same time. I think I've become more twisted over the years towards gaming I remember downloading a pirated version of ksp and that was my shit for months on end staying up until 4 in the morning still on kerbal because I couldn't figure it out but I still loved every second of it. 

I was actually gifted garrys mod from my girlfriend and I didn't really play it much at the time thought it was stupid DARK RP. It wasn't until like 2 years later when I found this community god I miss all the old friends from the 41st and my high school friends that would come on and minge just causing chaos it was awesome. 

But im glad that its over im moving on to other things, but it was really nice while it lasted. Things change and this community is no exception. I love you guys 

@Forseen @Dragon @Jad 

its awesome to see you guys taking the reigns im sure great things will come. im proud of all three of you 

@Square

Also Im proud that you've finally accepted who you are as a gay man. I can see from your instagram that you are becoming more body positive keep it up

Every time you speak it lowers my IQ. Keep your retardation and your non existent Hytale server away from me. 

• Funny 4
18 minutes ago, Square said:

Every time you speak it lowers my IQ. Keep your retardation and your non existent Hytale server away from me. 

Here you are being mean to me for no reason. I was supporting you and this is how you treat me. 

Its ok hytale is going to be awesome just you see. IN 2 years lmao

For the record I really hate to admit this, but a shit ass Garry's mod game mode, and people I've met both here and on Icefuse have played a fairly sizeable role in my personal development in the past 5 years. For better or for worse I have yet to find out. Though at least I can distinguish retarded behavior from normal and cringe looking back at myself, so honestly I'd call it a win. 

Though on a more thankful note, I do appreciate my time spent here to some extent, as back in 2016 --> the start of '18 I was just a dumb weirdo who really liked Star Wars and behaved more like an ape in game than an actual human being. I matured A LOT in the past 2 years and I honestly think that without reflecting on how autistic I was back in 2017-18 I would likely still be the idiot I was back then. If I had kept the same mentality, I'd guess I would only be slightly more mature as opposed to how I am now. A mf fr went from down bad to up good.

And just to clarify, I've always been academically successful, I was just socially stupid lmao. The Smeck of old was just an inner monkey taking the wheel during computer time, and that behavior would, on limited occasions, spill out into the real world.

Lastly, just to put it into a clearer perspective, some of you guys saw a Freshman finishing his first year of Highschool grow into a 2nd year college Physics major. It's actually been that long.

• Funny 1

Started at 16 years old and now i'm at 19. I went from a depressed, constantly angry child to a some-what stupid (I would use the other word, but I don't know how much mods reinforce that word on here.) young adult who is going through his second year of college and finally got a BCMD position after 3 years. Man, the way i've seen people come and go from Synergy and how much I miss certain people upsets me. 

From my first time in SO BDE as Foxtrot (When they were considered SO BDE) with Meow, to being in Omega Squad with Kitty, Jackson, and Tyzen brings me back so many memories and how much this community changed me. Also, to see many of the ex-squeakers on here (Bleach, Bolt, Darkk, Eclipse) finally having a deep voice really makes my heart warm. I had a conversation with a couple others about this, some of the old people basically raised these individuals and seen the change within him.

I love this community despite how much happens man and I love/miss the people who play/used to play on it. Stay safe. <3

• Winner 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

"Last online eight years ago"

Somewhat not related, but I started my journey gaming on Halo. Halo Three was the first game I ever owned to my name, and I fell in love with it. As I grew older, I delved deep into the lore, the amazing story, everything. I was apart of many communities, groups of friends and clans before I moved to PC. I've meet friends who I use to play Halo with in person, Travelled to England and other parts of Scotland to meet them. Sure, I speak to them every now and then. But what Halo taught me is that we didn't know we were making memories. We just knew that we were having fun. The one person I've stuck around and always made sure to talk with from my Halo days is @Marvel. We both planned to move to PC for better things in terms of video games, He got his first. I later joined up months later. Truth be told I probably met him before hand in some clan match against one another, because that's how we eventually met.

It's been two years since I joined the server, marked the day of January 11th, 2019. I was so excited, my love for star wars and being able to immerse myself in it from a gameplay standpoint came true, Marvel left SOBDE and we joined the 501st. It marked the start of my Journey. I met awesome and interesting people in the 501st! Like Aaron, Cronis,  Bleach, Eclipse, Harte, Piff, Omalic, Killjoy and Phil. I climbed the rank and got to Colonel before leaving and joining SOBDE. To be honest, ever since March of 2019, that's all I've known in the server is being in SOBDE. Sure it ain't the same, It isn't like it use to be when we use to all sit in a TS Channel, Goofing around during downtime or just vibing and playing other games. God, I still have hilarious clips of that time. Though, the people who were there. Marvel being my XO, Korm my first squad lead, he was truly a beautiful human being and inspiration to me. Baxter, Greek, Lucky, Thunder, Derv, Scribbles, Blue, Pancakes, Trad, Metro, Nigel, Kronos (Craig), Richard and the many others. Sure, we may talk or game once on a blue moon. Though, talking with these people and reminiscing can be a somewhat fun and nostalgic time. SOBDE's members are always changing.

Eventually, I took the mantle of Squad Lead's and eventually Reg, and those who came after me and once before me like Venom, Llama, Snow, Rezdor, Kopple and such. Hopefully, I and others at the time bestowed upon them the feeling of nostalgia and fun we once had. The things is, those memories aren't getting any older. We are. I love this server, and the people who I've interacted with bring the best and sometimes worst of the community, Although even there is something I would alter about the past. The experiences, encounter and interactions I've during my time on Synergy Roleplay, I wouldn't change for anything. We gain many new faces on the way, and lose others too. The best we can do is honour them. 

I digress, I love this community also. I wouldn't change it or the people for anything. Stay safe everyone <3 

Edited by Tinovious
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Pay Respect 1

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

My Best time on the server for me was when i first joined the 501st back god during the sugga days where we had 30 pluse people and overwhelmed DU and jagger was Cody and also right now most fun i have ever had i Recall when i was younger i did other things but i have made so many friends sanchez dolveck who was the first HA back then i met and xain and itachi taught me the ways in 104th sixta days when i was medl for short time damm i miss those days 
e9359588798c740a51c922960872c0ae.gif

Edited by Bud

Meh. There definitely were some great memories from those days with people but personally I never want to go back to when I was 11/12 in 2018. I was a naïve child and I made some very very stupid decisions that I am not proud of at all. I've made a few enemy's because of it. Honestly I'm somewhat happy at where I am right now.

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

On 3/1/2021 at 6:04 AM, Fizzik said:

Good ol' Dino... Miss that guy, what happened with him is BS.

Honestly I'm amazed by the odd string of events that brought me here. If I never won the Gmod giveaway I entered I probably wouldn't be here. If I never just so happened to change my mind about going to DU tryouts after passing by a 91st on my way to them, I wouldn't have ANY of the friends that I have, probably would've quit a long time ago, definitely wouldn't have gone to Synergy at any rate. Butterfly effect man, almost brings a tear to my eye. First started when I was a wee lad just finishing high school and now I'm soon to graduate university, time flies.

Similar situation for me. I got GMod in December 2015, and one May/June night I decided to hop on, and I found Icefuse because I saw StarWarsRP and thought "this sounds interesting". I wanted to originally join the 212th, but the 91st advertised riding speeders, so I went to 91st tryouts, failed but was let in anyway because they were low on members at the time, and the rest is history.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

bolt

On 3/1/2021 at 3:12 AM, Scarecrow said:

rough coarse and irritating

And you get everywhere! 

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was