Lore Rank Suggestion [Directors]

Brooklyn

Name: Brooklyn

RP Rank: Captain

Suggestion: Allow Lore Characters (With Lore Jobs) be able to use their LORE Ranks in-game instead of their actual rank [This is Optional]

Implementation: Simple as allowing Lore Characters with Lore Jobs to use their Lore Ranks In-Game. The only stipulation is that the Player MUST have their given rank (The rank they were promoted to by their Battalion) inside of their "ID Bind". 

Lore: This in my mind would increase immersion. It feels weird calling a Lore Sergeant a Commander. But if they choose to use their given rank then that is cool too. This is more of just having the option to be lore accurate or not.

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

This only works to make people either seem lower or higher than their actual rank. A good example would be someone like Barlex, who's a Sergeant in lore, but in the 212th is usually way higher than that.

I really can't think of anyone who this actually benefits. The only reason why it's the other way in the first place is to prevent people from pulling rank against people who are obviously higher rank than them.

hi.

• Management
Management

Back in the day when Null was cool we put our lore ranks in our names so people wouldn't call us "Skirata" since no one knew they were adopted other than themselves and a handful of others. I don't really think there is a rule for this (Unless one was made since I've been gone which is kinda lame) but those who do this should understand that they are the rank they put in their name in character. Only issue is characters who are higher rank than what the player actually holds.

Also look at Rex. Rex has been a BCMD on the server since the beginning of time and people who held that position always had their names to "Captain Rex"

spacer.png

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Banned

+1

This causes a lot of confusion for a lot of people. 
SOBDE are the only people who run this in a good fashion, as they just remove rank entirely and and all CPTs (SL being BCMDs)

To change to the lore rank is really gonna fuck yourself sideways. By having your name set to the lore rank you are removing the ability for people to know your real rank which means you will be capped to that single rank. It's pretty smooth brain to do this but if you really want to limit yourself then go ahead but don't fucking cry when you get kicked out of BCC for being a SGT and no one listens to you

Having real rank in ID and lore rank in name is shit. This is to increase immersion and IDs are literally RP exclusive. If anything this would ruin RP and be far far more confusing.

Overall, +1 as long as people accept they will be treated like their Lore rank. 
You can't have everything, the rank in your name is your rank
(also I suggest making so you cannot have a lore rank if it's above your actual rank)

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Forum Admin

+1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Honestly I think that this is good for certain Characters like Sobde, Alpha, and maybe Havoc?(don’t know ranks) I say that because all of them generally have higher ranks and are seen as officers, but most of the Lore characters outside of Spec Ops like Boil, Echo, Fives, etc. They only have like generally Low positions, and if you where to put that in your name then you would be treated like that rank, and most likely will lead to false arrest do to CG/TG think you’re trespassing 

honestly I think that it’s a good idea for some, but bad for others, so I have to give it a +1 just on the fact that it’s optional and people don’t HAVE to follow it

Former: Liaison

-1 this will just cause more problems than it will solve, don’t be hoes mad cuz alpha arc has to put your rank in your name. No one gives a flying fuck what rank you are honestly. I don’t want a sergeant walking up to me but in all reality he is a commander cuz I’m going to treat his as a sergeant.

hot take no one cares about lore ranks or lore :Pepega:

• Funny 2

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Banned

A wise man once said "That's unnecessary as this server doesn't really follow lore all that much. If it did, 501st would be a whole lot different :Pepega:" - William Shakespeare

-1 Love ya brookie cookie

• Friendly 1
Forum Admin

+1

sum of y’all can’t read where it says “optional”. If someone changes their rank they are opting into this system. 

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

The issue with this is the confusion with power and ranks difference.

So, if we use the example of the 21st.

Bacara is Marshal commander

Keller and Blackout are Senior commamders

Jet is Commander.

The key issue is imbalanced in commander ranks, lower down lore ranks are fine but the BCMD ranks would get fucky.

Also lore ranks for clones are

- Trooper

- Sergeant 

- Lieutenant 

- Captain 

- Commander

-  Marshall Commander 

Just leave as is

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

3 minutes ago, Gadget said:

The issue with this is the confusion with power and ranks difference.

So, if we use the example of the 21st.

Bacara is Marshal commander

Keller and Blackout are Senior commamders

Jet is Commander.

The key issue is imbalanced in commander ranks, lower down lore ranks are fine but the BCMD ranks would get fucky.

Also lore ranks for clones are

- Trooper

- Sergeant 

- Lieutenant 

- Captain 

- Commander

-  Marshall Commander 

Just leave as is

That means Claw is a Marshal Commander :monkaW: 

• Funny 2

Former: Liaison

-1 I get what you want to do with this, but idk a single person (other than those real rp gamers) would have their lore rank as a Sergeant when they're a captain. And it probably wouldn't be used much besides with alpha, which woeny didn't have to KO the new rules you put in anyway.

-1 no real benefit to opting into this except for "muh immersion" which tbh isnt good enough. Most lore character ranks would be enlisted anyway most of the GAR was made up of privates with only a few prominent exceptions on the server. Pretty sure Echo was a Corporal, Fives probably was too. Jesse was a lieutenant, probably the highest rank outside of commander positions or SOBDE. If this were implemented however I agree with something someone else said where you wouldn't be able to be higher than your actual rank. 

• Coordinator
Coordinator

This suggestion will be DENIED due to negative community feedback
//Locked
//Moved to Server Suggestions Denied