Is Gmod actually dying?

I mean theres no doubt with the the current climate that we were gonna see a bit of a spike, as for Gmod, Fuck knows, i just wanna play the game lmao

• Agree 3

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

Gmod has only really been in a slight decline @Keo looking at other servers like Icefuse and Superior you can see a high and constant player base. From what I can tell GMOD is still very popular and has a strong player base 

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

@Comics I would hope so but now the playerbase only really exists in three types of game modes. That being DarkRP, SWRP, and TTT. Like 4 years ago there felt like there was much more vitality in the game with servers and new players. Today its mainly just the same old people coming and going while only playing like 2 types of gamemodes.

Well let's look at the trends here.  One of the things we can certainly notice is that the Holiday months (Western Hemisphere) it  shows quite a general increase in players.  Of course this is due to less School and people being on Vacation, break, etc.  Gmod also probably goes on Sale around those times helping to gain new players from the Steam Store.   And of course, we see a massive drop off in players in August/September.  When a lot of people are returning to school.  

What I found interesting from this data, is that we always seem to expect the Server to pick up in the Summer, and it certainly does in June, but the rest of Summer it just gradually decreases.  

Now when I look at the average player count in total, I don't believe GMod is dying.  It's a game that has an immense amount of re-playability so to speak.  There's a lot of things you can do, and a lot of new things to try out.  You see all these random servers people make with fun game modes more than just Star wars RP, Dark RP, Military RP.  There's a lot of innovative people on Gmod and I think those are the people who keep a game that's 16 years old running. 

• Agree 2

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

11 minutes ago, Stockings said:

You see all these random servers people make with fun game modes more than just Star wars RP, Dark RP, Military RP. 

Like school shooter rp lmao

• Agree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

1 minute ago, Craigary said:

Like school shooter rp lmao

There hasn't been any School Shootings in while so it's either dropped in popularity or massively increased so kids can do it virtually

• Agree 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

• 2 years later...
4 minutes ago, Mavelle said:

Gary

3 minutes ago, Bacta said:

@ComicsWho the fuck are you dude, how about you get off your high horse and actaully apply yourself with a JOB, or a GF, im so sick of virgins liek you ruining SWRP for players like @Mavelleand me 

you guys are so funny it's amazing

• Friendly 2
  • Pay Respect 1

hi.