100% Mobility

Ratio

Name: Rad-Rad-Radish

RP Rank: XO

Suggestion: Remove Mobility Restrictions on all weapons except for the Z-6.

Implementation: Title and suggestion.

Lore: Funnily enough I would say that the lore of carrying the DC-15A would back the idea of troopers being slower. But there's something that loads of people live by, the old prospect that it's a game. Ever since the mobility restrictions on the stock CT weapons (among others) were added, it's made them all absolute trash. While I would say that the damage spread is what killed it, the mobility is what nails down the coffin.

It seems like a good idea on paper, but I can't think of a single person who actually enjoys this "feature". It scuffs up marching in general, Naval have to stop and start walking when marching into Debrief because of the CG in front of them, and everyone who wants to look super cool with a gun that's the size of their ego can't walk around with it because they look like Dexter from Dexter's Lab when they do.

tl;dr, Mobility restrictions suck and they make people look like idiots. The only weapon it makes sense on is the Z-6. ,

• Agree 2

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

Veteran Admin

+1

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

+1

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

Ima just say this in irl military when your holding / running with a gun your gonna be slower and it makes sence why thet added this because some of the guns would absolutly be broken and op if they remove this and they would have to mess with the damage and firerate huge -1 dumb me for saying this if you want but it just makes sence 

Edited by DracoOdinson
  • Funny 2

+1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

57 minutes ago, DracoOdinson said:

-1 dumb me for saying this if you want but it just makes sence 

As do all the space guns and crazy laser wizard ninjas

Star wars isn't realistic. Clones are never shown being slowed down by anything except a z6. Mfs even run fast with an RPG. This isn't about realism it's about game balance and improving the players experience by ridding off smaller inconveniences 

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

6 hours ago, DracoOdinson said:

Ima just say this in irl military when your holding / running with a gun your gonna be slower

You kind of missed the point. In the lore section, I said it made sense, but I also am in the group in that some elements of roleplay need to be sacrificed for fun. It's why we can "revive" people on the ES if they get blasted the fuck up in the head for example. Would you be having fun if it was a 1 life event and you died immediately to a Commando hiding across the map and you *couldn't* get RP revived?

And even then, your argument is kind of flawed. The DC-15s, which is supposed to be lightweight to the point where you can wield it as a sidearm in Battlefront 2 (2005) has this restriction on it as well. The T-21, which is larger, heavier and thiccer than the DC-15a has no restriction on it. If we were being "realistic", why is this not consistent?

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

Forum Admin

+1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Head Admin

Ye rn it makes no sense, I run 100% with the DLT 19 which is, I believe, the MG 43 in star wars while I run 90% with a blaster carbine. Kinda pepega 

+1 although maybe rocket launchers don't need an increase..

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

+1 Yeah dude, "blah blah, this ruins my immersion, this is supposed to add tactical realism" the DLT-19 (a big fucking heavy blaster) has a 100% mobility while the DC-15S (a tiny blaster carbine) has a 90%

gcQYXHN.png hOYVe3E.png 

take a look at their categories "Imperial Heavy Blaster Rifle" "Republic Light Blaster Carbine" 

If we were to make this more properly "tactically balanced" I'd say just simply redo the mobility levels of each weapon class

(i.e Pistols = 100%, SMGs = 90-95%, Rifles = 85%-90%, MGs = 80%-85%, RPGs/Z6s= 75-85%)

Edited by Neptune

Hi, I'm Neptune

winkwink- Tumblr posts - Tumbig.com

• Retired Founder
2 hours ago, Neptune said:

If we were to make this more properly "tactically balanced" I'd say just simply redo the mobility levels of each weapon class

(i.e Pistols = 100%, SMGs = 90-95%, Rifles = 85%-90%, MGs = 80%-85%, RPGs/Z6s= 75-85%)

I would prefer this, or remove mobility all together!

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
Banned

yeahhhh +1

r4ymo.gif

+1 Just give me my damn run speed and jump height back already so I can jump around like Emily when she’s being a crackhead

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

Please fix this for us PvP boomers. I feel like a god damn snail rather than a fucking clone of Jango. We went from sailing over the fucking moon and mowing down our enemies to crying behind cover and praying we get the first shot.

Harsh, Woeny, and I were actually testing all of the current modifications and how it works into the current PvP. Not saying that this is even a PvP focused server and most people know very well how busted it is anyway with latency and such. Anyway, it is entirely about trying to get the first shot in and staying as much behind cover as possible since getting shot increases your bullet spread. If not, strafing in a certain pattern which literally just lets some shots phase through you until you can get behind cover again, but then they get 2 free shots in cause you went behind cover but can still be hit (1-2 hits was consistent during testing after the person had moved and their model was completely behind cover on their screen and sometimes the person firing. Like I could see hitmarkers and not him). I doubt bringing everything to 100% mobility would fix all of these issues, but I think it would help a LOT. It currently rewards a very defensive sort of play and with much lower mobility, hp, and armor it just makes it a nightmare now. Even when we were doing regular practice rounds, we found that the person to just sit in one spot normally just won flat out unless their aim was off (so relying off of someone to make a mistake rather than "skill"). The one who would only peak 2nd and would let the other one advance generally had the advantage and could just sit. If you pushed up, you would be caught out, they would be head-glitching, your aim is off cause you're being shot, you get sent backwards while being shot, your movement speed is reduced, and guns just kill so much faster. There is almost no room for error and all the room for people who unbind their walking forward and backwards keys and just stick to strafing and camping one spot.

Plus the whole walking it to DB or just making lines to trainings, events, etc are just tedious now. + god damn 1

• 11 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

Accepted

• 3 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.