Kelso's Captain Rex Application

Kelso

Steam Name: ZT Death

RP Name: TC REGL XO Kix

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:60324373

Battalion or squad you are applying for: 501st Legion.

Experience: 
Current 501st Intel Director, Regimental Leader and Executive Officer, Former Medical Leader and Disciplinary Lead
Former 212th Intel Director, Heavy Leader, and Commander
Former Synergy Roleplay Senior Admin, Game Master, and Trainer Officer

212th:
1/30/18 - 4/03/18 [SGT - 2ndLT]
I joined the server on 1/20/18, and 212th the very same day. My interactions with people, especially with Mamba at the time, led me to stay on the server. After about a week, I decided to give my 100% to the battalion, and proceeded to help in every way I could; such as hosting constant tryouts (I've recruited a total of 35 people during my time), leading events, and keeping people active by interacting with them in general. During the same time, I also put an immense amount of time into the Intel Team, to keep everything up to date. In 3 months, I was able to reach the rank of 2ndLT because of the factors that were listed above.

4/03/18 - 5/05/18 [2ndLT - MAJ]
My journey to the position of Major was somewhat short as I ranked up quite quickly through the Junior Officer ranks. While being an Officer, I had started doing Entertainments (I was able to do the most within my time as an Officer. I also would like to include that the entertainments that I've hosted were usually different than each other content-wise as I tried to keep things different and interesting at all times, as well as making use of whatever the map that we were on provided.) I also had received ITD sometime during my run as an Officer. My activity, combined with the work I put in as ITD and Officer, led to my promotion to MAJ.

5/05/18 - 7/04/19 [MAJ - CMD]
The longest rank I've ever been was Colonel, as MAJ-COL was somewhat similar to my journey up to MAJ. I maintained the same amount of work that I put in at the beginning of my Officer run and kept the Intel Team active as ITD. Consequently, I was promoted to Commander. 
After about a month as Commander, I started getting burnt out. I got sick during summer, lost interest at the same time, which led to my inactivity. I was then demoted from Commander, and removed from ITD and HVL. About a month later than that point, the situation with the documents happened. If you're curious to know what happened, here's the link to my appeal; https://synergyroleplay.com/forums/topic/12716-cwrp-kelsos-ban-appeal/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-132726

501st:
8/31/19 - 9/17/19 [SGT - CSM]
A few months after my unban, I joined the server again. I was still blacklisted from 212th, so I joined 501st upon meeting Omalic. I made my way up through the NCO ranks quite quickly as I've brought in a good amount of recruits as an NCO (a total of 19, as well as the top recruiter of September '19). I was also promoted to MEDL while I was 1SG. I was able to fill in all the spots for MED during my time, and also revamp the older docs, standardizing the tryout process while doing so. I had become Kix somewhere around then. Less than a month later than when I joined, I was removed from Kix and made Warrant Officer Appo. 

9/29/19 - 10/19/19 [WO]
As Appo I aimed to go above and beyond the ones before me, to achieve this, I became the most active member of the Intel Team, hosted SIMs, did numerous SGT Training's, recruited more, rid the Discord and the roster of the inactive members, blacklisted, and kept everyone up on their feet as DCL. I maintained 501st Medics' activity in the meantime, as well as its numbers. I also trained many people for BMED, AMED, and at a later date, for the newest MED document. 

10/19/19 - 11/03/19 [LTC - CMD]
For my work as WO, I was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, the same day I got Kix again. I maintained the same amount of work as LTC. I was also made ITD, which consequently lead me to revamp the majority of the documents, and the Discord server. I was also given permission to host tryouts for other all the other regiments at the same time, as we lacked numbers in HWS and JT. 

11/03/19 - 11/28/19 [CMD - XO]
A little while later, I was made Commander. As Commander, I kept the battalion in check and continued to keep the IT and MED in a good state. 
Finally, precisely three months after I joined the battalion, I achieved the rank of XO and REGL on the same day. 
As REGL, I was able to promote capable men to leadership positions, which in turn lead the majority of the regiments to be filled up. 

As ITD, I've recruited a good amount of people to the IT, created a battalion drive, as well as an NCO drive to ease up future processes regarding battalion High Command, revamped most of the formats in DC, and added/removed channels in DC. The IT is also very active presently.
As XO, I've kept the battalion in high status in general by forming new relationships between 501st and the other regiments. I believe I have played a pivotal role in keeping people active and the battalion functioning at all times.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:
I believe I should be Rex as I have the experience, determination, and drive to bring the 501st forward, more so than I have currently. I've come to know a variety of people throughout the years, which has not only helped me improve but in turn, lead me to improve them. I think I was able to establish myself as someone anyone could come to not only talk about Synergy/Battalion related issues but also anything whatsoever. I don't hand things to people; I don't give out merits, if I believe someone is right for a specific position or rank, I follow quite a lengthy process before making a decision; and the outcome of this process tends to be for the better of the battalion as seen from the current state of 501st. Another thing I'd like to add is that being able to get to know people quickly, and recognizing their strengths and weaknesses has helped me as XO and REGL. The connections I have with people from other battalions, regardless of their regiments, are quite strong. I believe I am now as, in a way, as influential as people who brought me into their battalions when I first joined, which I think is an excellent attribute for any rank. Other than the things I have listed, I look at things in more of a business-oriented way, for example, I was able to recognize which aspects 501st lacked in, and implement/restructure things based on my analysis, which in the end benefitted the battalion. 

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?: I do.

Availability:
Weekdays: 9 AM - 4 PM EST
Weekends: Varies, usually from 5 AM - 7/8 PM EST 

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: 
I played for about a year while in 212th, and about another 4 months after I returned in 501st. I currently have around 1300 hours on the server.

Do you have a microphone?: I do.

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?: 
I think currently, the battalion is in a good state, although we have no HC other than myself, and no Senior Officers. We're getting a steady flow of recruits and have a stable amount of people throughout the day. Last month, we even got the most recruits since January, reaching 86 (thanks to the adamant work of our NCO/SNCO Core.) During my term, the Officer Core should already be filled out with capable people, and regimental positions should be filled as we've got quite a good amount of capable and eager people in the battalion at the moment. At the end of it though, I'd like to create an environment in the battalion where people can interact without having to be on GMod all the time, I'd like to create somewhat of a community. I think we're already on the right track on this with the increase of game/movie nights. There's also been an increase in interactions between people in general.
At the end of my term, I want the battalion to be fully functioning in every way whatsoever.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: I do.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: I do.

Edited by Kelso
Head Admin

+1, pretty sure you fucked the date of joining or the date above it tho lol. 

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

+1
This man has done so much for the 501st he is amazing at working with his troopers his communication and everything of the sorts is amazing as XO he is already starting to change the 501st for the better just imagine what he could do as BCMD he currently upholds the positions of both ITD and REGL in the 501st and is probably the best at each i have seen he has set the standard of every position he has upheld sky high and i have my full faith in him to lead the 501st amazingly

Hi I’m Pot

Current/Former: Child

Head Admin

Oh, just give me the dumb reaction 

Just now, Kelso said:

I joined on 1/20/19, and became a SGT on 1/30/19. 

I deserve the dumb

• Agree 1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

A HUUUUUUGE +1 from me, you deserve it more than pretty much anyone else on the server, the amount of time and effort you have put into the 501st is immesurable and i personally believe you would be the best rex to exist in this galaxy. The BEST Of luck to you.

• Director
Director

+1 he is a great commander and deserves it he does almost everything for the battalion atm

Unfortunately -1

I do not know you that well Kelso, apart from the fact you held docs hostage and are still blacklisted from the 212th, you could have billiamed the docs for all we know. Yes you did hand them over, but still you made a dumb decision and I know others that have done the same that are still banned with no appeal. I dont have that much trust in you after doing that to a battalion to have you step up to the plate.

You are a good lad, But US server and your times are very EU... With school having started back up and will be going during your term, you need to be on 4pm+ not during the school hours for your younger audience of troops, I dont see your times being of any benifit to the battalion at all as BCMD.

To sum it up, Ive just lost trust in you, as I have with others who have held docs hostage, sorry.

Interms of your arrests, they are quite solid with only have 1 for failRP in August. Not bad, Not good but it aint bad I guess. But other than that, The only way I could possibly +1 this, is if your times matched prime time, and unfortunately they dont.

Sorry Mate.

Edited by Dreams-

Current:

• CT Private Reggin
  • Youngling Billber (3 Years running)

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 187th Battalion Commander
  • 187th Executive Officer
  • 212th Ghost Company Lead
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Sharp Shooter Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt
2 minutes ago, Dreams- said:

Unfortunately -1

I do not know you that well Kelso, apart from the fact you held docs hostage and are still blacklisted from the 212th, you could have billiamed the docs for all we know. Yes you did hand them over, but still you made a dumb decision and I know others that have done the same that are still banned with no appeal. I dont have that much trust in you after doing that to a battalion to have you step up to the plate.

You are a good lad, But US server and your times are very EU... With school having started back up and will be going during your term, you need to be on 4pm+ not during the school hours for your younger audience of troops, I dont see your times being of any benifit to the battalion at all as BCMD.

Interms of your arrests, they are quite solid with only have 1 for failRP in August. Not bad, Not good but it aint bad I guess. But other than that, The only way I could possibly +1 this, is if your times matched prime time, and unfortunately they dont.

Sorry mate.

I am not still blacklisted from 212th? The situation was handled long ago, and all parties decided that it was a case of miscommunication. I was unblacklisted about 2 weeks after I joined back.
My arrest was for B-hopping, which was again dealt with quite swiftly as I wasn't warned for it by ST before being arrested. It was on Defcon 5 as well. 
I do typically stay on until 7/8 PM EST, at least for the past month, that's been the case.  
Thank you for the response nevertheless.

3 minutes ago, Kelso said:

I am not still blacklisted from 212th? The situation was handled long ago, and all parties decided that it was a case of miscommunication. I was unblacklisted about 2 weeks after I joined back.
My arrest was for B-hopping, which was again dealt with quite swiftly as I wasn't warned for it by ST before being arrested. It was on Defcon 5 as well. 
I do typically stay on until 7/8 PM EST, at least for the past month, that's been the case.  
Thank you for the response nevertheless.

As I stated, Its my trust thats lost as that Battalion has a lot to do with me. Trust is something you get once but once its lost its gone and twice as hard to get thats the way the cookie crumbles.

As I said, The arrest was in August, and I stated in a different color its not bad, You have an arrest which isnt good, But its fine, If it was an issue it would also be in red.

As for your hours, Update your application to be correct then?

Edited by Dreams-

Current:

• CT Private Reggin

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed
  • Republic Medic Senior Officer
  • 41st Green Company
  • 41st 2ndLt
  • Ion Team Ras
  • RANCOR 2ndLt
  • 91st Captain
  • Shock 2ndLt

+1 keep doing your best man. Make Stormzy proud

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1 Kelso is 

Professional, an excellent leader, and does everything he can for the battalion. I have no doubts what so ever about you man. GL

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Eh Booted me without talking to me and letting me say what happened but oh wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll #IGotPowerPlayedByASSG but youre good at csgo so +1

Imagine Putting Your Old Ranks And Roles In Your Bio

I Went from Mas Amedda and VA to Blacklisted from every single thing except CT and Jedi :)

+1 tried to fish this kid into joining DU when he was a CT my guys said he was a minge, maybe now they will listen 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1 hge would be so fit for this  i trust him

• Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)

You're the XO which shows that the previous BCMD has faith in you and wants you to apply. 

Now I myself have had some very positive interractions with you, and have witnessed first hand that you can lead and manage your battalion the absence of rex and you have a very positive attitude in general. And because of that I'm going to +1.

8 hours ago, Dreams- said:

I'ma say something in regards to this:

Kelso was allowed to appeal his blacklist twice by two different cody's,  the latter it was ultimately lifted.   I believe he has came along way since this event.

+1   

• Agree 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

I’ve probably only came across you a few time since I’ve been back on the server, and I can’t recall any bad moments. 

+1 

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

[My vote has changed]
The fact that you threatened to void your app and resign, due to me asking a question, shows that you are either not dedicated enough or a strong lack of maturity in that aspect.

• Agree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

On 12/15/2019 at 12:34 PM, Regional said:

Like a run down.
Why should you be a BCMD
- You feel you can bring 501st forward
- Approachable/Easy going
- Make people work / See what needs to be worked on
- Battalion Relations
Battalion at the end of the term
- Good State, even though no SO or HC
- A little community that can run when not on gmod

Like I feel you have the set mind of a BCMD but the end goal isn't on the same page, You feel you could bring 501st forward but didn't say anything to achieve that in the Battalion at the end of term besides creating a environment that works when you guys aren't on Gmod and that can be done by still being XO. I see no real plans and goals that should make you BCMD like, how are you going to make the server fun for the 501st with this phase of boredom the server is facing?
I'm going to -1 cause there isn't really a set plan when achieving Rex and the only set goal is to make the battalion a little gaming group.

If you could talk on some of these points Kelso that would be great, I might change my answer, but I have to agree with regional here quite a lot; you see, if we take out all the fluff youve added to your applications: Battalion at end of term, youll see this:

I think currently, the battalion is in a good state, although we have no HC other than myself, and no Senior Officers. At the end of it though, I'd like to create an environment in the battalion where people can interact without having to be on GMod all the time, I'd like to create somewhat of a community. 

Thats literally the where i want my battalion, No one cares for the fluff, we care for the facts, and WHAT YOU WILL DO. Let me explain more: Heres the full thing

I think currently, the battalion is in a good state, although we have no HC other than myself, and no Senior Officers. We're getting a steady flow of recruits and have a stable amount of people throughout the day. Last month, we even got the most recruits since January, reaching 86 (thanks to the adamant work of our NCO/SNCO Core.) During my term, the Officer Core should already be filled out with capable people, and regimental positions should be filled as we've got quite a good amount of capable and eager people in the battalion at the moment. At the end of it though, I'd like to create an environment in the battalion where people can interact without having to be on GMod all the time, I'd like to create somewhat of a community. I think we're already on the right track on this with the increase of game/movie nights. There's also been an increase in interactions between people in general.
At the end of my term, I want the battalion to be fully functioning in every way whatsoever.

What I highlighted in red relates to nothing with this question, Cool 501st recruitment went up, put that under why you should be bcmd. What do you mean it should already be full? You have no Senior Officers or High command, and if its full by the time u start ur term, theres nothing for you to do during your term in that aspect, The community, i mean sure but thats for your own benifit, the battalion having its own community with you and others does shit all for the rest of the server, whom as a bcmd you will also be targeting. 

Not only that you have literally stated 0 ways to achieve the 2 points you have, if you cant state a game plan for 2 points im sorry but I dont see you having a game plan at all.

Also, you updated your hours, great but still weekdays are the problem with your hours, you updated your weekend hours when kids can get on during the time you are on, its a bloody weekend. Week days is the issue, they go 5 days without you and then 2 with you, thats not good at all, thats a killer and a half.

Also you state how you know people in other battalions, smart man but you have no relation with the 187th at all, which is another attack battalion, I had 501st join my discord to improve relations and hold joint trainings etc, 0 absolutely 0.

Now lets take my original comment thats been mass dumbed: 

Unfortunately -1

To sum it up, Ive just lost trust in you, as I have with others who have held docs hostage, sorry.

Sorry Mate.

My main reasons for the -1 is TIMEZONE, and the trust you no longer have with me after the 212th issue, thats fine I dont care as I stated the only way I could +1 is if you could be on during prime time, unfortunately even after you updated your hours, you cannot on weekdays.

BUT Here you are, I have more I want to see some actual issues, or some actual goals that'll benifit the 501st and how you are going to achieve them, are you going to rework the intel team? Are you going to improve the roleplay and strictness within the battalion? as i would hope you would as they all need it. How are you actually going to improve the officer core, oh wait you cant state how you will in your reply cause you say it should be done before hand, it SHOULD. Wtf what do you mean "should" thats a rubbish mindset, you mean "will" be done.

Edited by Dreams-

Current:

• CT Private Reggin

Former:

• VET Admin
  • 212th ARC Lead
  • 212th Commander Reed