Thinning the herd

Remove battalions?   

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you think there are currently too many battalions on Synergy? Do you wish to have certain battalions removed? Throw all comments, suggestions, ideas down below

Personally i believe that at its current state, only a few battalions can succeed due to the amount we have. If we had less battalions we could focus more attention on the ones we do have. 

Keep it civil this conversation needs to happen. 

Edited by Hero
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1
1 hour ago, Chop said:

Remove the battalions which shouldn't of been added in the first place, easy.

Remove all the non lore accurate battalions 

🤷‍♂️

• Agree 3

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Remove the battalions that have constantly struggled to keep activity and numbers. 

• Agree 3

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Thinning the herd, so to speak, isn't the worst idea. All battalions are struggling in one way or another, and having the resources of the server less stretched would certainly be beneficial. The key is being open and accepting to members of battalions that get shut down, so that people don't just stop playing because their hard work and progress was for nothing. 

• Agree 2

Ok... The issue I see here is. 

Now that there are some battalions struggling people want them removed so we can focus on others, I get it. I'm trying my best to help everywhere I'm needed but believe me I'm needed almost everywhere save 2-3 battalions.

BUT...

In 3-6 months someones gonna be like. "Add [INSERT NAME OF DELETED BATALLION HERE] and it's gonna be a big shit show.

• Agree 4

Same but also some people devote their life to a battalion then it gets cut out from under them

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

Just now, Darkk said:

Same but also some people devote their life to a battalion then it gets cut out from under them

But we do need it somewhat

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

42 minutes ago, Korm said:

So DU? Ok.

(Just joking)

Bruh I was boutta break down and cry lmao

In all seriousness I know I meme a lot but removing a battalion is a big move, this is something that has been brought up numerous times and lets be completely honest this time wont go anywhere either. People devote themselves to a battalion and bust their asses to make it their own, the only battalion I see removing is one with literally 0 active members in it and....yeah

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

Have we not been down this road over and over again? I remember quite clearly that you all wanted to remove the 91st back when I was Neyo and then you wanted it back in.... Just leave the battalions the way they are now, give them more time and go from there. Main reason why I am saying this is because it is actually aggravating when you guys flip flop from wanting stuff added, removed, then re-added, etc. 

• Agree 1

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

Genuinely I think every battalion serves a purpose on the server. The only way I can see thinning the herd working without major drama is if there's a way to combine battalions, but even that would cause drama within the respective bats. Just leave it as it is. People complain about numbers but there's only so many slots on the server, not every battalion can be as active as 212th, 501st and Rancor. The battalions in themselves have formed bonds that shouldn't just be cast aside because the server would benefit from it.

hi.

1 hour ago, Fyi said:

Genuinely I think every battalion serves a purpose on the server. The only way I can see thinning the herd working without major drama is if there's a way to combine battalions

^^^

Edited by Josh Schneider

Imo just replace the batts that try and hold their own areas and replace them with lore accurate batts that do everything at the same time 😮

Or just cut the amount of copy paste batts, 212th and 501st do the job, 21st and Shock are cool

Recon is iffy, Rancor has a lot of different places to go and 41st was always the biggest part since 91st has very little super duper cool lore

SOBDE won't get anything stripped regardless :)

Edited by Ket
  • Agree 1

if a battalion gets removed, the people in that battalion leave the server, and wait until it comes back, like what occured with 187th and 327th. It doesn't help, it just causes long time players to leave.

Like when 91st got removed, I refused to join another battalion.

Edited by Bolt

bolt

Banned

I have tried really hard to help, This is the result it would seem 187th is trying very hard to keep its self afloat but I'm not a high enough rank to actually keep people moving past NCO, it puts us at a stand still. All of the active members try to recruit and do a good job in game but the Status of the MOST ACTIVE members is as follows for the previous Weeks 

Law/Sparky-WO

Mech-SFC

Bronze-SFC

ZoBodo-SFC

Duff-SSG

Prince-SGT

Tacher-SGT

Rexko-PFC

Tucker-PFC

BenadictArchibald-PFC

Franco-PFC

I am Hopeful we can turn out battalion over and keep her running but i have to be able to push people up to do so. I'll die on this hill until its removed but I'll keep on trying.

• Agree 1

I say we don't remove the battalions, as removing them will cause long time players just to leave until they're returns.  Yes 187th has had some rough pass days but we are trying to get some recruits. So I say we don't remove battalions instead give some help to the battalions that do.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, CamperCasey said:

I have tried really hard to help, This is the result it would seem 187th is trying very hard to keep its self afloat but I'm not a high enough rank to actually keep people moving past NCO, it puts us at a stand still. All of the active members try to recruit and do a good job in game but the Status of the MOST ACTIVE members is as follows for the previous Weeks 

Law/Sparky-WO

Mech-SFC

Bronze-SFC

ZoBodo-SFC

Duff-SSG

Prince-SGT

Tacher-SGT

Rexko-PFC

Tucker-PFC

BenadictArchibald-PFC

Franco-PFC

I am Hopeful we can turn out battalion over and keep her running but i have to be able to push people up to do so. I'll die on this hill until its removed but I'll keep on trying.

Yeah 91st has similar issues we have a lot of commanders a like high ups but not a lot of NCOs and enlisted that are active 

Former: Veteran Admin | 91st XO Razer | Trainer Manager | Assassin  Sith Lord | Game Master|

Banned
20 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yeah 91st has similar issues we have a lot of commanders a like high ups but not a lot of NCOs and enlisted that are active 

the problem we have is the officers arent here to allow promos so we can have a function chain of command 

1 hour ago, CamperCasey said:

the problem we have is the officers arent here to allow promos so we can have a function chain of command 

HC can do the promos if you have candidates that you or the WO would like to get promoted please as a group approach your Reg or the Marshal about the officer situation.

• Agree 3
2 hours ago, Beast said:

almost 3 years ago from around now, 91st was in the exact same situation, you boys will be fine, 91st recovered smoothly, and the situation was probably worse then.

still love my 91st tho

Edited by Bolt

bolt

18 hours ago, A-a-ron said:

bruh 3 easy batts to get rid of
187th - just another attack batt that does the same thing as 212th and 501st
DU - Shock can do the same thing
91st - 41st already do AT-RT just give them BARC

Ight chief this DU comment is outa pocket. 

Shocks riot branch is dead as shit. No offense slump. The “attack battalions” when we get deployed with them ask us to lead the change with them or for them. MANY times DU has been deployed to save a deployment for attack or SOBDE. So try again with the shock does the same thing. 

Also shock serves a whole other purpose on the server than DU. Many times DU helps shock protect people or help transport people. Along with the fact we have our shield docs to shock for them to use. 

Miss me with the dummy comments. 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

30 minutes ago, Dennis said:

when we get deployed with them ask us to lead the change with them or for them.

Not gonna lie, my entire time on Synergy I've just assumed that Specialized get deployed to get the job done hard and fast. Namely 104th, DU, 21st. But hell, Shock are good soldiers too when they are deployed. Quick and efficient, easy as that.

Banned
3 hours ago, Carter said:

HC can do the promos if you have candidates that you or the WO would like to get promoted please as a group approach your Reg or the Marshal about the officer situation.

its not about general Promos its about forcing promos, we need an officer core 

2 hours ago, CamperCasey said:

its not about general Promos its about forcing promos, we need an officer core 

Ight chief ima be honest with you about a lot of things your talking about. 

The 187th is fucked. Let’s be honest low numbers, low activity, active members leaving. So on and so on, when I joined DU it was in a rough state barley any officers on activity was poor so on and so on. It took the last half of Squee’s term and the whole of his second to lay the ground work for DU. It then took my whole first term of just focusing on activity and numbers to get it into decent shape. This isn’t including new docs, intel, branches... etc. Havoc was put on the back burner for a good amount of time till the whole battalion was fixed. Putting people to officer won’t change anything. It will just make it an officer battalion. 

Here is my recommendation for you. 

1. Stop posting on the forums about the battalion, improve it within and you’ll get officer. 

2. Recruit, Recruits, Recruiting do it. 

3. Provide credit rewards for things such as recruiter of the week, trooper of the week, intel member of the week... etc. 

4. Shelf the 35th idea until you can show the server you aren’t a dead battalion. 

5. Recruit more 

6. Prioritize your simple branches first , MED,ENG,HVY... etc. 

7. Keep things simple stupid easy. 

8. Be active even more 

this might come off as Arrogant however I’ve kind of done it in DU while it isn’t perfect it’s working and slowly improving. Not everything is going to happen overnight. Espicaly during school time. It took me 3 week of 10+ hours a day to get the battalion active it’s gonna be a long road. It won’t be easy but it’s worth it in the long run. 

I don’t mean this to be rude just to help. I know what it’s like an it sucks. 

• Agree 2

Listen brothers. I'm trying to push people in the right place.

Omalic is trying to be proactive in his regiments, but him being in sweden is rough for him to get intouch with any U.S based commanders+ on the server, save from PM's in discord.

The other stuff I'm working on too. It's gonna take time but for the mean time I do not think we should yeet any battalions unless they're so far gone it's not even worth trying. But that's the last case scenario.

Removing a batt really wont help much. People all grind for their battalions and all battalion will go through low and high points. This is dependent on their BCMD, officers, and NCOs. The failure of one of those rank sections can be the downfall of any battalion. They each rely on each other to keep up good numbers, and it's each of their responsibilities. They each have their roles and have to uphold them. And its difficult to maintain those specific numbers if people aren't holding up their rank requirements. Everybody gets burnt out, everybody loses the motivation to play Garry's mod at some point. With the addition of school and work, people have other priorities. A great BCMD can pull back numbers, but its not only their responsibility, they're the primary leader of a battalion and are the figurehead of said battalion, but the rest of the members need to pick it up as well. Everybody relies on one another to be successful within a battalion. Active within a battalion should be about 5 members consistently due to the server cap, the amount of different options to play as affects all. People have their preferences and it will always affect everybody. Consistent leadership is important and should be expected from everybody. So kinda summary of what I mean is give people a chance. Stop raggin on people or targeting certain battalions just because of their certain standpoint on the server. Rather, try and support them, we're all in this server together. Spread love not hate <3.

spacer.png

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

41 minutes ago, Poe said:

Spread love not hate <3.

I’m not saying to be hating on the battalions doing bad, i simply believe there is too much variety on the server and That with only having one clone opportunities are limited 

5 hours ago, Hero said:

I’m not saying to be hating on the battalions doing bad, i simply believe there is too much variety on the server and That with only having one clone opportunities are limited 

Oh yea I know, I'm just saying in general. I understand what you mean and I agree with you. But I just feel that removing a battalion won't really help the current situation of the server.

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

Removing battalions has proven to be a fail, either figure out how to be proactive instead of just AFK'ing in your bunks 24/7, use the SIM Room and the CSR Room to their full potential. When I played a lot all I seen was people complaining about how there was nothing to do, but yet a lot of those complaining were in their bunk sitting waiting for an event. Quit crying and stop doing suggestions that are useless. 

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

• Management

Debrief always looks like a half empty skittles bag... I will always be on the side that less battalions would be nicer as seeing 4 battalions with 10+ ppl each looks better than 8 with 3-5 running around.

• Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

187th - Inactive, got added because past members said "well come back and stay" then left after a week, Batallion cant keep a Commander

327th - inactive, not needed too many attack anyway

91st - Just a discount 41st with less members

DU- Active

Shock -needed

501st - needed

212th - needed

GM- dont know

SOBDE- K

41st - Need a recon

Rancor - I mean I support a kind of movement to remove them and just have alpha do their shit, to be honest ARC isnt special anymore since everyone has it but ey thats just me

104th - Needed

• Winner 1
  • Management
23 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Rancor - I mean I support a kind of movement to remove them and just have alpha do their shit, to be honest ARC isnt special anymore since everyone has it but ey thats just me

I mean all ARCs are under SO BDE so.... (move alpha into SO BDE and have them handle it and limit the batt arcs even more to make it special. bean earc and alpha designation and actually make arc feel like they are all elite how it should be)

• Winner 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

36 minutes ago, Lucky said:

I gotta agree with this, cause tbh I know everyone would get pissy if ARCs got reset, but when I still actively played (and how it definitely still is) the hardest thing about getting ARC was figuring out how to go to each scheduled training lmao. ARC should have a < 50% pass rate for a minimum and be like SOBDE in that you usually have to try more than once to actually get in. Seems like any person can waltz into it being one.

Anyways, back to the topic personally if ones gotta go it should be 327th or 187th. 187th i've been against as a battalion since the split and its multiple attempts at coming back and its resurrection. Just cause ya know, the no lore outside of being a Hasbro toy and aren't really justifiable to have in what they do to compensate for that. Regarding 327th, their specialization is just meh and they're another 212th and 501st, but without the exposure. Like they're a basic attack battalion and I get the whole idea of hostile strange outer rim worlds or whatever, but thats not really an applicable specialty on the server. Overall they've just been meh in my mind.

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, Marvel said:

I mean all ARCs are under SO BDE so.... (move alpha into SO BDE and have them handle it and limit the batt arcs even more to make it special. bean earc and alpha designation and actually make arc feel like they are all elite how it should be)

Lmao no, so SOBDE basically are always like when they need us AlphaARCs are like get them in SOBDE but when y’all don’t you guys want nothing to do with us and have our suggestions shut down just cause we’re not in SOBDE and I personally hate the fact that the only way or easiest way to get our shit is to be part of SOBDE, if Alpha-ARC’s got added into SOBDE I would leave without a second thought as it basically puts us back into that tiny group of people who can either make or break your experience also I bet that suggestions for alpha would be getting accepted more often and we’ll probably get the shit we want

Edited by Piff

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

Triggered Andy. Boys, just have 2 batts per regiment. Sorry to say, but there is a lot of things that y'all hold near and dear that are irrelevant in the grand scheme. People can pick up up where your batt left off. If people cry in the future about wanting to add battalions then just say no. Sorry if you put time and effort into something, I get it. I came back to do another term as Rex to do that exactly. I didn't wanna see something I worked so hard on get removed, but the server needs somebody to get yeeted. We will honor the fallen battalions ofc, but it's an L.

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1
7 hours ago, Lucky said:

I mean you're blacklisted from SOBDE so I can see why OMEGALUL 🤣👌

I mean they technically can’t force me out of my spot even if I’m blacklisted since the Alpha ARC Leads would have to blacklist me or kick me since we weren’t part of SOBDE when I first was blacklisted, and the only person who could technically kick me or blacklist me for Alpha ARC would be The Reg, so that’s basically irrelevant, and I’m fine with everyone in SOBDE atm since I know most of them because I been in the same battalion as them so I wouldn’t mind being with them, but I’m talking about SOBDE in the future.

Edited by Piff

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Lucky said:

Okay so they are doing their job training ARC trooper, whats the issue?

I believe we have too many battalions, yes more choice is epic but having 3 people on in each battalion isn't good, people don't really want to do joint sims and as someone who who leads debatably the biggest battalion on the server organisation and structure is so much better when you have more people for example (sorry for this 187th) if 187th has less people they would sometimes need to put people in positions mainly because they have a limited amount of troopers available to choose from, this results in a lack of quality and on top of  that they might have to be abit more lenitent with dealing with mingeyness and disiplinary as they simply cannot afford to drop the troopers that are causing the issues, which causes the whole "mingeyness stereotype"

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

2 hours ago, Pythin said:

501st/GM/212th/104th/41st/DU/SOBDE RP?

XD

More like 

501st, 212th, DU, 41st rp 

perfect

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Management
11 minutes ago, BigMan/TimmyThicc said:

Sobde: rc, null, and alpha arc along with fhe rancor cmds

X

What purpose would the Rancor Commanders serve? Two of them are dead anyways and one is a LEGO. No thanks.

• Funny 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

36 minutes ago, Marvel said:

X

What purpose would the Rancor Commanders serve? Two of them are dead anyways and one is a LEGO. No thanks.

Why you be dissing rancor like that, Sev shouldn’t be in Delta squad anymore since he’s MIA, Omega Squad already fixed their flaw, Waxer should be dead, Fives is dead, Colt and Havoc are dead, Tup is dead, Hardcase is dead, Dogma is in custody, Base Ops isn’t a thing in lore, only Naval is, Shock isn’t even on bases  they are specially on coruscant. Also 21stNC/GM Aren’t seen till Order 66 happens, but it’s safe to assume that they been a thing for a while since the battle of mygeeto was long and lasted two years and started a year after the clone wars begun, in my opinion they didn’t play that big of a role though as they were fighting one battle for two years and since I’m sticking to cannon and not legend Null, Omega squad, 187th,  and I think thats it, they wouldn’t be on the server if we were strictly cannon and you might as well replace torrent company with 332nd since basically the only member would be kix I assume and echo is probably in BB now so yeah. Also foxtrot is KIA except for Gregor who is MIA so he shouldn’t be around at all

Edited by Piff

spacer.png

• Management
2 hours ago, Piff said:

Why you be dissing rancor like that, Sev shouldn’t be in Delta squad anymore since he’s MIA, Omega Squad already fixed their flaw, Waxer should be dead, Fives is dead, Colt and Havoc are dead, Tup is dead, Hardcase is dead, Dogma is in custody, Base Ops isn’t a thing in lore, only Naval is, Shock isn’t even on bases  they are specially on coruscant. Also 21stNC/GM Aren’t seen till Order 66 happens, but it’s safe to assume that they been a thing for a while since the battle of mygeeto was long and lasted two years and started a year after the clone wars begun, in my opinion they didn’t play that big of a role though as they were fighting one battle for two years and since I’m sticking to cannon and not legend Null, Omega squad, 187th,  and I think thats it, they wouldn’t be on the server if we were strictly cannon and you might as well replace torrent company with 332nd since basically the only member would be kix I assume and echo is probably in BB now so yeah. Also foxtrot is KIA except for Gregor who is MIA so he shouldn’t be around at all

Bruh.

Not dissing Rancor I’m dissing the dead dudes and if it was up to me I’d purge all the dead idiots anyways.

Sev isn’t MIA yet. We’re at the Battle for Anaxes so Kashyyyk hasn’t happened yet.

Yes all those characters are dead, Base Ops be Base Ops, makes sense for ST/CG to be on this base considering the several Senators/Representatives that visit including the Chancellor, that argument for 21st is dumb and  Mygeeto would have been pivotal for the Clone Wars if won but 4head got beaned, I don’t know why you’d ever limit yourself to canon as Disney has fucked it up the ass, and Torrent Company is more than the named characters we see, they are much larger than 9 people. A Company is about 150 troopers and 332nd would have never of replaced Torrent Company as it is only seen to have been utilized during the Siege of Mandalore, Echo might be joining Bad Batch we just gotta wait to see, and Foxtrot, a Commando Group (500 Commandos) got beaned a while back but 212th in the server have actually created some cool RP with the RCs we see in Foxtrot on the server and Gregor obviously came back we just don’t know the exact date when.

>asks why I diss Rancor 

>attempts to diss as many different groups on the server.

>stonks

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

• Management

Also may take on the perfect battalion setup:

Attack Regiment:

501st Legion - Full frontal assault

212th Attack Battalion - More unique tactics for attacking. 2ndAC Paratroopers, Foxtrot Group etc

Recon Regiment: 

41st Elite Corps - AT-RTs, jungle bois, alien relations

91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps - BARCs, not jungle bois, cool

Specialized Regiment:

104th Battalion - Mechanized Assault isn’t real! Tho it seems to work so why not. Take negotiations away tho. Jedi then High Command should handle that.

Shock Troopers - VIP Protection / Internet Police

Special Operations Brigade - Zero Five Commando (Delta, Omega, Veshok for uniqueness) Advanced Recon Commandos (Null  and Alpha Classes, bean Valiant tho. Maze should be up in the bitch. They could handle training battalion arcs with assistance from the RC) Clone Force 99 is a maybe but sadly with the new season they gotta happen. 

I would also like to make Jedi more military like on the server or at least the Jedi Generals and Commanders. They should have a more pivotal role on the server and within their respective battalions.

Base Ops wouldn’t be a thing. High Command can run the base fine. Yularen could be like a senator type job (obviously not a senator just operates like how we currently have them)

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Also may take on the perfect battalion setup:

Attack Regiment:

501st Legion - Full frontal assault

212th Attack Battalion - More unique tactics for attacking. 2ndAC Paratroopers, Foxtrot Group etc

Recon Regiment: 

41st Elite Corps - AT-RTs, jungle bois, alien relations

91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps - BARCs, not jungle bois, cool

Specialized Regiment:

104th Battalion - Mechanized Assault isn’t real! Tho it seems to work so why not. Take negotiations away tho. Jedi then High Command should handle that.

Shock Troopers - VIP Protection / Internet Police

Special Operations Brigade - Zero Five Commando (Delta, Omega, Veshok for uniqueness) Advanced Recon Commandos (Null  and Alpha Classes, bean Valiant tho. Maze should be up in the bitch. They could handle training battalion arcs with assistance from the RC) Clone Force 99 is a maybe but sadly with the new season they gotta happen. 

I would also like to make Jedi more military like on the server or at least the Jedi Generals and Commanders. They should have a more pivotal role on the server and within their respective battalions.

Base Ops wouldn’t be a thing. High Command can run the base fine. Yularen could be like a senator type job (obviously not a senator just operates like how we currently have them)

Personally even 91st could go, no offense, but 41st could do all of that. I also think 21st should be a thing, but just the Galactic Marines. All of this could be just these battalions

Former: Liaison