[DIRECTORS] Make the armory useful

Peace

Name: Jan Dodonna | Peace

Suggestion: Before deployments or going out on patrols, make whoever is going out report to the armory. Either gm or base ops would be there when we get QM set up. This would have to be mandatory or the people would be completely defenseless. This wouldn't be an excuse to use fist or knives *cough*GM*cough*. It would just increase RP and would make alot more sense then carrying a mini gun and 4 more guns on you. There would be rp reasons around this. Such as going there earlier in the day and not needing to again. You could also report there to get weapons inspected and cleaned and such. I just feel we don't use the armory as much 

Implementation: just enforce it more or make it a rule 

Lore: just makes sense you know. We don't see people carrying a mini gun, rocket launcher, Ld1, dc15a etc everyone would have on the server 

Workshop content if applicable: NA
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Also public callout on GM XDDDDD

• Management
Management

People were freaking out over the whole get ammo from armory suggestion now we gotta rp get our weapons from armory omegalul.

• Funny 2
  • Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

What doc said.

The fact of the matter is that y'all are on a fucking RP server and you complain about having to do RP. Honestly you all make no sense a majority of the time. If you don't want to do the RP go afk for a sec to grab some cheetos or whatever then come back and it will be over just like that.

For now I remain neutral but I just wanted to point out how silly these -1's have been.

• Agree 5
  • Winner 2

If this is going to happen I will not be waiting for a gm or BO to help me, Make everyome able to get QM like it used to be or this suggestion is just an impossible task set in the way of us patrolling. Which is how you kill motivation

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

-1, you’re literally forcing them to do RP. That’s not very cash money of you.

• Agree 2

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

I mean while we're at it, how come we don't address the fact that half the playerbase just kind of disappears out of context sometimes? How come we all never load up onto LAATs and take off before deployments? It's just the question if people will stop being lazy. Not needed as a suggestion, Mr. Jan Donanna. But I do see where you're coming from.

• Funny 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

This literally isn't even something that should be a suggestion. Serious RP doesn't mean I have 6 guns shoved up my ass. If you don't want to RP then that's fine. The issue you guys have is none of you want to take the extra step to RP. And then you -1 a suggestion for wanting to increase RP and immersion in a RP server. Seriously people, you may not want to RP but quit using the excuse of "you're trying to force people to RP". IT'S A FUCKING RP SERVER!!!! WE SHOULDN'T NEED TO HAVE THESE DAMN SUGGESTIONS!!!!

+1

• Agree 2
14 hours ago, Jan Dodanner said:

Also public callout on GM XDDDDD

REeeeeeeEE

1 hour ago, Red_Panda said:

That’s not very cash money of you.

That's not very Republic Credits of you.

But anyway, yes, I agree that we need to RP more, but forcing people to RP to the extent where you're trying to turn a GMOD server into a fucking ARMA 3 SWRP Server is not very Republic Credits  scares new players off. Yah we're not like other servers, but we're also not ARMA. It's how GMOD works, it's how it will always work. There's a difference between ENCOURAGING RP and ENFORCING RP, and personally enforcing it TO THE MAX doesn't seem like the right way to do it. Encourage it whilst still showing them that not RPing can get them in trouble, and more people will RP more. Not gonna -1 or +1 because it's not one of those suggestions. If you wanna make the armory useful, let us buy rocket ammo ffs.

Edited by Zest
  • Winner 2

yOu cAn'T fOrCe uS tO Do rP oN a rP sErVeR

+1 - Fucking hell people, if your excuse if you can't force people to do RP, go play on TTT or some shit. It's an RP server, people should always be in roleplay, but the fact is that already slides. 

Edited by Chop
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 2

Not a Medal of Valour recipient 

2 minutes ago, Chop said:

yOu cAn'T fOrCe uS tO Do rP oN a rP sErVeR

+1 - Fucking hell people, if your excuse if you can't force people to do RP, go play on TTT or some shit. It's an RP server, people should always be in roleplay, but the fact is that already slides. 

3 hours ago, Jayarr said:

What doc said.

The fact of the matter is that y'all are on a fucking RP server and you complain about having to do RP. Honestly you all make no sense a majority of the time. If you don't want to do the RP go afk for a sec to grab some cheetos or whatever then come back and it will be over just like that.

For now I remain neutral but I just wanted to point out how silly these -1's have been.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Before I give a real response, I don’t know if any of you remember back on the ship where before every deployement battalions had to go to the armory to refill ammo, check equipment, etc. this has been a thing in the past and really I don’t see why anyone would be against RP that I’m 100% sure is more RP oriented and “real” than just appearing or taking off for a battle without prepping for anything that could happen

"wE hAvE tO rP!!!!!! REEEEEEE" Yall everyone i've quoted has hit the nail on the head. ITS AN RP SERVER ❤️

+1

Edited by Old Spartan
  • Winner 1
  • Management
Management

Now I support this and any other suggestions that want to add more RP or Immersion but I got some questions.

Is this a one time thing or when you die do you have to go to armory and do all the RP again? 

^ If so what about during events. I don’t think some dude is gonna be dedicated to watching armory and giving people guns because people are barely dedicated to running BCC.

Also. Maybe make it to where perk weapons are weapons you would need to get from armory. Your standard loadout weapons would probably be in your bunks. 

^ I personally don’t like perma weapons and maybe making it to where the Quartermaster is inside armory and you no longer spawn with perma weapons and must go in and spawn them from the Quartermaster would be neat.

Either way I say +1

• Agree 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

20 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Now I support this and any other suggestions that want to add more RP or Immersion but I got some questions.

Is this a one time thing or when you die do you have to go to armory and do all the RP again? 

^ If so what about during events. I don’t think some dude is gonna be dedicated to watching armory and giving people guns because people are barely dedicated to running BCC.

Also. Maybe make it to where perk weapons are weapons you would need to get from armory. Your standard loadout weapons would probably be in your bunks. 

^ I personally don’t like perma weapons and maybe making it to where the Quartermaster is inside armory and you no longer spawn with perma weapons and must go in and spawn them from the Quartermaster would be neat.

Either way I say +1

Base ops is trying to get QM set up and when it is we will have someone there ready. But if the directors decide yes the rules will be up to them of they want to change anything 

Okay, let's take walk down memory lane. Last time this was a thing, after about a day, no one wanted to do it. They even made it a fucking rule to where you had to go or you didn't get deployed. 

Now imma put some other things that should be taken into notice.

1. Is BO active?

2. If so, is QM active?

3. If so, will they be readily available 24/7 to do this.

4. If no, who will do it instead? I did it once when I had Clone General and it was a damn cluster fuck.

5. What repercussions would be taken of they said nah fam?

6. How would BO time this? 501st is bigger than lets say Null. How early would you call all battalions that are changing positions to go to armory?

I dont even play the server and I'm popping in from the dead to call stuff out.

I'm not even going to vote.

Lastly, RP SHOULD BE NATURAL. Forced RP = Dead RP. You'll get people who brush off the entire ordeal and see it as a waste of time.

Okay, back to find milk. Fucking stores are out for some reason. 

• Winner 2

WAS MEDIC

32 minutes ago, ttv.TheMedicTV said:

Okay, let's take walk down memory lane. Last time this was a thing, after about a day, no one wanted to do it. They even made it a fucking rule to where you had to go or you didn't get deployed. 

Now imma put some other things that should be taken into notice.

1. Is BO active?

2. If so, is QM active?

3. If so, will they be readily available 24/7 to do this.

4. If no, who will do it instead? I did it once when I had Clone General and it was a damn cluster fuck.

5. What repercussions would be taken of they said nah fam?

6. How would BO time this? 501st is bigger than lets say Null. How early would you call all battalions that are changing positions to go to armory?

I dont even play the server and I'm popping in from the dead to call stuff out.

I'm not even going to vote.

Lastly, RP SHOULD BE NATURAL. Forced RP = Dead RP. You'll get people who brush off the entire ordeal and see it as a waste of time.

Okay, back to find milk. Fucking stores are out for some reason. 

1. Yes we are. We were recently wiped and there was a whole revamp

2. For now GM has QM. Base ops is etying everything else set up before we take it (krennics words) 

3. We have recruited at all time zones and even if we didn't I don't think an even is gonna happen at 3 am EST

4. If there happens to be no GM online OR base ops, we had RC do it last time. So really any SODBE or alpha could do it in that case. If it is accepted it will most likely just me /me grabs x gun and then you leave 

5. If there was no notice in advance that they were being deployed it would be perfectly fine, there nothing we could have done except have them randomly report. But if they knowingly didn't, then the game master could have some fun, or a better idea will come from the directors. 

6. If there was a special deployment, we would get them there ASAP, no matter how many people there are. 

Also I heard 71st street Walmart just got a new order of milk

I think the main reason people are -1ing is because of this:

You go out on patrol, and bring a squad with you. You forgot to stop at armory and do all of the quartermaster stuff. Someone realizes this, and they put an AOS out on the entire squad for FailRP. Entire squad gets arrested, next thing you know, there's a suggestion on the forums to remove this.

People just don't want to get arrested for stupid shit.

• Agree 1
  • Management
Management
1 hour ago, GM-3022 Havok said:

I think the main reason people are -1ing is because of this:

You go out on patrol, and bring a squad with you. You forgot to stop at armory and do all of the quartermaster stuff. Someone realizes this, and they put an AOS out on the entire squad for FailRP. Entire squad gets arrested, next thing you know, there's a suggestion on the forums to remove this.

People just don't want to get arrested for stupid shit.

That would be a fat yikes. Probably make this a Deployment thing? Like all the troops get set up and stuff then we have actual immersion before ppl start to deploy. (I'm pretty sure it was like this before)

• Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

15 minutes ago, Marvel said:

That would be a fat yikes. Probably make this a Deployment thing? Like all the troops get set up and stuff then we have actual immersion before ppl start to deploy. (I'm pretty sure it was like this before)

I think this would be the best system. For patrol you can just RP saying you got your weapon from your bunks rather than having to go to the armory.

• Agree 1

+1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

17 hours ago, Marvel said:

I remember one time back on extensive, before the ship got attacked, naval and shock invited everyone into the brig armory to get some new weapons. Basically you rolled to see what kind of weapon you got. I rolled a high number and got a Z6. Coolest naval ever imo.

+1 People should RP more on the server it's what helps avoid people from sitting around and doing nothing often.  I think this would be hard to enforce, I'd just say if someone doesn't really want to do it, let them do whatever.  

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

Dont force people to RP. Especially when that RP is waiting in a like for upwards of half an hour just to do a simple /me. And with the low numbers of base ops already, it would be very straining on the event and game master. Yes we should deploy out using LAATs, but that is simple. Waiting in a line is not fun. In addition to this, are you expecting game masters to set out an entire hour of there event deployment just so people can have their weapons checked? Do not try to force RP. Make it passive, if people want to do it they'll do it, if not then there isn't an issue. When you attempt to force RP upon people, the more they will start to resent it.

If you want people to RP, encourage it don't enforce it. Yes it's an RP server, but from the experiences that I've had with most people, they don't get on the server for the RP. They get on for the community and other people.

Edited by Poe

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

For everyone complaining about “FoRcE rOlEpLaY”, you are play on a STAR WARS ROLEPLAY SERVER! That’s the problem with Garry’s Mod rOlEpLaY nowadays, I mean no lie DarkRP used to be serious at a point. Now everyone just go on servers and want to shoot droids, get promoted and fuck around. I think I can speak for Synergy and say we are more than that, and implementing more roleplay is the key to a great roleplay server.

Can we please stop with these dumb suggestions please. Let the armory be used for whatever you want. That’s the RP. Stop making suggestions for FORCEDRP. Let people do with what they want in Armory. Just dumb 

Former: Liaison

Honestly this isn't even a suggestion at this point, it's just a fucking political debate but Star Wars themed and with a bunch of whiny 14-17 year-olds instead of a bunch of whiny 60 year-olds. Can we move this to a discussion thread anybody?

• Agree 1