Baron's Special Operations Battalion Commander Application

Baron

Steam name: Baron

RP Name: SpecOps XO Baron

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24580299

Battalion or squad you are applying for: Special Operations Battalion Commander.

Experience: 

212th Attack Battalion/Ghost Company: 

The 212th Attack Battalion was my first experience with members of the synergy roleplay community. They provided me with a general understanding of how things are on the server and what to expect from other battalions. There were good people in there. I entered in as a Private and quickly rose to Sergeant within, what I thought, was a relatively short amount of time (in my opinion it was a little too fast). Within around a month, I reached the rank of Command Sergeant Major. I dedicated a lot of time towards that battalion doing primarily recruitment, and leading events. At the time as I did not feel comfortable providing training as I felt I will still relatively new at that point and was still learning. One of my mentors for training was Warrant Officer Pike, he taught me a few things about discipline and how to conduct yourself as a trooper, as well as how to conduct a training. That experience I carried with me over into Special Operations. For the majority of my time within the 212th Attack Battalion, I remained as a standard trooper. I felt that if I could master the basics then I would be able to master any other role. Once I felt I did accomplish this I attained Advance Recon Commando status and moved onto joining Ghost Company (for a whole of six hours before my departure). Overall my experience within the 212th and Ghost Company showed my what pros and cons to expect within battalions and I began taking notes of issues I saw, carrying those over to my next battalion.

Special Operations:
I joined Special Operations shortly after departing the 212th. Pratt was the one who trained me as a clone cadet so I felt like I owed him something. I knew when joining at the start of June that Special Operations had a negative reputation. I also had a negative outlook of SO at the time. From my experience with them, they weren't the best behaved or professional troopers. I sought to fix that. I spent my early days meeting and understanding how SO operated. Learning the ins and outs, looking for where the problems lay. Pratt acknowledged these problems, promoted me and three others to Captain and gave us full authority to fix things as we saw fit. And that is exactly what I did. I created an event structure guide; how events should be run, how one should lead, what to do, how to communicate, etc... I incorporated and enforced previous communications guides and etiquette which were being completed ignored or forgotten. I created and made squads work. Which I was told would never be possible. I started enforcing disciplinary actions against those who would break server rules, get arrested or cause inter-battalion issues. I adjusted the promotional system so it was no longer solely based on cooldowns. People actually have to do work now. I joined the Intel team and made sure the documents were up to date, within a few days of being intel I was promoted to intel manager. And then I became the Executive Officer. I've held this position for 2 months now. I have attended BCMD meetings, CMD+ meetings, communicated and worked with other commanders from other battalions, delegated tasks to those within my battalion for things that needed to be done etc... I did my job and turned SO into an elite force to be reckoned with. 

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?
I should be the Battalion Commander due to my the skills, techniques and core principles. A Battalion Commander requires good leadership skills. To be a good leader you require quick thinking. You need to be able to make tough decisions, even at the cost of friendship or in the case of battle, loss of life. You need to have earned the respect of those below, around and above you. Respect does not come from a rank, but it comes from your actions. They come from your principles and being able to maintain those principles even when they are bent to the brink. A leader needs to know their team, that comes from being active, communicating with them, getting to know them on a personal level and helping them with their problems. Whether that be personal or on the server.  A leader pushes those around them to perform at their best, even when they themselves are at their worst. A leader is a role model, someone to look up too. A leader should be able to take criticism from those around them, to have introspection and take into account others peoples viewpoints then adapt accordingly. Most of all a leader needs to be objective, they need to communicate clearly and effectively. That is why I think I should be the Battalion Commander because these are my beliefs of what a leader should be. I have done this since I was in SO.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?
Yes.

Availability:
Currently a full-time student and working. I still make it on each night to check up on things and stay up to date on things happening while I am gone. So general availability would be every day past 6 pm EST with the exclusion of weekends where I will most likely be on all day (if possible).

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?
817:05:16

Do you have a microphone?
Yes.

Where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term?
When I finish my term, I want the opinion of SO to be different then what it is now. I want SO to be looked up too. I want people to strive to be what I want us to be. Professional clone troopers that when called upon to complete a task are more than willing to do it at any cost. I want SO to be the exemplary clone trooper. Someone who doesn't let another brother down. Someone who won't surrender. Someone who, will not just strive to be, but will be the best of the best. I expect that by the end of my term, SO troopers will be experts at everything and anything that is thrown at us. By the end of my term, I expect there to have been a lot of good change. A very good quality of trooper but also quantity.

Do you understand that if you go inactive you will be removed from your position?
Yes.

Do you understand that your position has a three-month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?
Yes.

Edited by Baron

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah   im gonna just say. I dig the experience.   

but uh... do explain in more than one sentence you should be BCMD? 

and uh    yeah   where you want the battalion to be.  

Not for me but  bud  if you want this community that doesn't  you to support you. i'd shine a lil bit more light on those 2 sections.  trust me  it helps. 

-1   I really wanna support you but. this needs to be known and I really see it as an issue with you being BCMD. bc it shouldn't happen.. 

remember that one time?  you made your WHOLE battalion think I was gonna powerplay? all because you accused me of "blacklisting you" from 212th.  even when I tried to approach you  I couldn't   one of your COMMANDERS hmm Bumblebee  tried to get you to come talk so we could sort it out. since I mean  I never blacklisted you in the first place.  you wouldn't hear me and basically pushed me away  even when I was willing to come help SO out.   so   ye  I still support you as XO  but    SO needs a great leader.  you are a good leader but I mean SO needs a LEADER     I mean, if you think you can clean up your act,  go for it.  but  it won't be with my support.   

Best of Luck my dude! 

Edited by CBlake
change of heart
Banned

Pretty top tier leader +1

r4ymo.gif

-1 the plan for the battalion lacks a lot. I personally don't think any SO officers deserve it because they never stepped up to revive the battalion. Besides that good luck big man.

Edited by BigZach

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

Baron, we meme around a lot and we talk pretty frequently. I can consider you a trusted person and a good friend from Special Operations. I've never witnessed your leadership personally, however you have drive and passion for the Battalion. I believe you can make SO great. +1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

Banned

+1

+1 Baron and I have had our differences in the past, but he has proven to me that he is a capable leader, he has been dedicated to SO and i've seen him online more than any other member of SO. He has put in both the time and the work for SO. Hes been stubborn and hardheaded at times but he is not ignorant of reason. Out of everyone I think hes the best for the job. 

-1, You have such a temper and I agree with Black on this one. Maybe someone outside of SO should be the BCMD since no officers are actually deserving it.

• Agree 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

Previously, I served under Baron as a second lieutenant.

He is by far the best candidate for this position, and I cannot stress enough how important he is to both the community and Special Operations.

Judge by the character and his interactions on the server, not quite his applications.

• Disagree 1

Neutral

You seem like a nice guy and all, but I sometimes see you commanding other Battalion Officers which is not your place to do so and it seems sometimes that you don't like a little harmless fun. HOWEVER I have seen you lead and you lead with precision so its hard, my vote may change. Good luck my guy! 

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

I am confused as to why there seems to be some hostility towards you, Baron. Those that have actually talked with you and have dealt with you both in and out of game should have seen the difference, that one is clearly within a roleplaying perspective. That being said, I was with Baron from the beginning.

I began as a 91st trooper, was unsure of my position within the battalion, and was looking to go towards something that was more of my speed. Of the few people that I could recall by name, Baron was one of them. A very hospitable guy from a battalion that allegedly had quite a bit of beef with mine at the time. This was the first thing that really made me bond with you: your ability to feel anyone feel welcomed - the "mentor" attitude that you had with me that shortly turned into a brotherhood. With this, I enlisted in the 212th, and met all of the really cool dudes that I relate with and still talk to now - thanks to Baron. Wouldn't have got to know my lil peep lovin' brit @Nade Jones and spec without you.

Rising through the ranks together allowed me to see your transition from a NCO to senior NCO, and further down the line to an officer position. You encouraged me to take up leadership positions, and weren't afraid to kick me in the ass if I was stepping out of line. We grew as friends and as "brothers", so in my eyes, there is no one else that could fill the shoes of Jet properly (if we are talking new leadership, because I ain't out here throwin' shade on Pratt). 

The fattest +1, anyone that truly got to know you in-character, and the man behind the name, should share a similar view.

Edited by Dream
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 3

-1 tells him cloaks aren't lore- proceeds to send me a link to "personal cloaking devices" that aren't even used by clones.

has a massive attitude problem.

Love getting dumbed because I’ve had bad experiences with this guy. 

Edited by Ryx

+1 really bad app good job

Also SO tryouts we’re the first battalion tryouts iv ever failed Lol 😂 

never doing them when I just get back to the server again 

hmmm I know your right for this position 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder
Founder

Accepted for the position of BCMD

Your term ends 1/4/18