Possible ground maps

Korm

Name: Korm and Zyner
    Suggestion: Getting off the damn Venator.

Implementation: SHIP CRASH OR SOMETHING SO WE CAN GET OFF THE DAMN VENATOR. WE NEED FRESH AIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Lore: Ground time. Better than space bois.

Workshop content if applicable:

I've been going over a few of these maps and I feel one of the two would be fine.

I'm really digging the Yavin IV map. Sure, it's a bit out of place, but it's nice. Open. (Green for 41st, GC) Has a huge hangar, a jedi temple. Command post. Bunks, Med center, Even a place for CC's to spawn.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1358503370

Pros from me. It's huge, open, and beautiful I've gotten constant 250+ frames across the majority of the map.

Cons. Dips a fair amount when looking at the Great Temple. Requires a lot of side files to Download. 107MB worth.

Map 2.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225115060

Pros: Looks fantastic, lots of stuff, new places to explore. Naboo is pretty and swampy. Getting constant 200+ fps.

Cons: No jedi temple, getting tons of errors even tho I have all Source games installed. It's a republic planet (But doesn't mean people won't attack)

These are the best maps I can find, and with no progress on our map from props... I swear, if I gotta be on that venator for another 4 months. I'll just lose my shit, and I don't want to. I like helping out here.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144936535

Open map with a cave system that goes into a closed off area.
Area can only be opened by clicking E/USE on some pillars in the outside.

The area goes into a lower level and small base.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=510346779

Incredibly large, wide open forest area in the plain of mountains.

Has a tunnel system that has water flowing through most of it, can travel through it

Map is mostly just a forest with some water, higher and lower areas but incredibly large

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=350869194

Mining operation sort of map

Very large

Has a mountain side which would require scaling up, high ground vs low ground

Open middle area for trench warfare, heading into a small town and cargo area for close quarter

Banned

+1 Yavin

I feel like the time we make the map suitable for us to leave the venator, KingPomme will almost be halfway done. Plus from what I heard props or should I say his team are still working on the map with Joah watching closely but as we seen no promises. For most of the maps like Yavin that would make no sense for a clone army to be there and the only reason its in any kind of lore is because the rebels used it to hide from the empire. We keep switching maps and its kinda annoying at this point. When we were on icefuse we had the same shit map for almost a year but no one really complained and the one we have is much better lets take this time to fix the box and get new content on the server ect. If I had to pick a map though it would be Naboo it would make more sense then Yavin and the FPS could be great. But that's just my opinion Pros and Cons ect. but for sure -1 on Yavin +1 for Naboo if we really need to switch. (edit) Also Making the map suitable for us to switch is not worth the time with another map coming.

Edited by Max
  • Agree 1

@Maxit is my understanding that king pomme is still working on his death star map and while he is close to done he won't star on our map for another few weeks. He also has a credit for the gavin map. Another point is that the rebels took the great temple and made it their own, meaning it was already there. It most likely existed during the clone wars.  While it is not 100% lore friendly if the map is a nice one I would say it's a good change and would be nice.

For a final note. Looking at some of the pictures that props has takes one of the bunks is a strait rip from rishi moon and the other is made of wood, also it is to my understanding that he has yet to show any progress on the jedi temple. Let's not also forget that we were on one of his maps before and we swapped off of it. The venator he made for us wasn't complete either, he was supposed to make a hyperspace system and never did, despite showing pictures of how it worked. 

TLDR: +1 for yavin, kingpomme hasn't started our map yet, and I don't think props will come through. 

Edited by Dragon

+1 to Yavin

Spoiler

2ndAC Parjai-4 WO BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

as I stated I rather focus on content and let the mappers make the map then focusing on making another map suitable for our needs and also if you look at the new pics of Props map it's coming along well but as I said no promises. And mI think having a clone army on Yavin is cancer. And I never said I liked props work but he has 2 other great mappers still working on it. Also as I said IMO I have no issues with the map we are on atm but if I had to pick one it had to be Naboo. For King pomme what I was told he will start in July somewhere and for a trusted mapper he will dedicate his time well and make sure we get a stable version of the new map fast as possible. But as I keep saying rather focus on content then a map but if people desperately need another map its Naboo.

8 hours ago, Dragon said:

@Maxit is my understanding that king pomme is still working on his death star map and while he is close to done he won't star on our map for another few weeks. He also has a credit for the gavin map. Another point is that the rebels took the great temple and made it their own, meaning it was already there. It most likely existed during the clone wars.  While it is not 100% lore friendly if the map is a nice one I would say it's a good change and would be nice.

For a final note. Looking at some of the pictures that props has takes one of the bunks is a strait rip from rishi moon and the other is made of wood, also it is to my understanding that he has yet to show any progress on the jedi temple. Let's not also forget that we were on one of his maps before and we swapped off of it. The venator he made for us wasn't complete either, he was supposed to make a hyperspace system and never did, despite showing pictures of how it worked. 

TLDR: +1 for yavin, kingpomme hasn't started our map yet, and I don't think props will come through. 

Edited by Max

Yavin seems great however look at the required content. Holy moly thats a lot of file space of content just for one map. The content added up is 461mb, add that ontop of the map 107mb and we have 568mb on our map alone. I'm not aware of how much space an average map takes or how much our current one takes but more than half a gigabyte seems like a lot to dedicate for a map. I do believe some of the required content is already in our server and still in use, but damn thats a whole lot of additional space.

Edited by Jax

I would love to come back from LOA and not be on a Venator. Cause honestly, after over a year (with a small foray on Kachirho and Rishi moon) I'm quite bored of events on a ship. There's only so much you can do with that as far as creative events go.

Fat +1

• Retired Founder

ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍᴀᴘ.
ᴊᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴛ.
ʜᴀʟғ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴠɪᴀʙʟᴇ ᴏʀ ɴᴏɴ ʟᴏʀᴇ ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏs.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.