Oxen's Specialized Regimental Commander Application

Oxen

Steam Name: [SR] Oxen [D]

RP Name: GM BCMD Bacara

Steam ID (SteamID Finder): STEAM_0:1:18216564

Regiment you are applying for: Specialized Regimental Commander

Experience:
I would say a true leaders, manager and mentor is my strongest quality. Patience and understanding is very good and my temper is almost always in check.  That being said:  100% of my time in GMOD from Icefuse to Synergy from April 2017 to today has been with the Galactic Marines. I have worked my way up from PVT to XO very quickly under Number as Bacara and shortly before the switch with Gene as Bacara. I have been Bacara
for 97 days as of today.

I have completed every training I could get my hands on through the game except Naval and Jedi. While I do have a Padawan (since week one of synergy), my sole focus has been on Troopers and the success of GM. I am looking to assist the specialized battalions with any and all skill sets I bring to the table to help further their own battalion.

Why should you become a Regimental Commander?: Honestly, I think it is time for me to move up and out of the Galactic Marines and to allow my Commanders in GM the chance to become Bacara and start their journey on their own. Additionally, offering my leadership, mentorship and management skills if any battalion is looking for some wisdom.

Do you understand the lore of your regiment?:  Yes, while I have not played in those battalions, I am versed in their lore and named characters.

Availability:  Sunday through Thursday 6pm to 1am (sometimes more or less as Director requirements dictate)  Friday-Saturday 10am to about 2am (again depending on Director requirements)

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:

-Completed Experiences/Trainings/Skills: [ENG MED EOD TECH ATC GMACT ARC QM HVY WPNS]

ENG - Engineering training on both ships

MED – Medical all old and current systems

EOD – both old and new

TECH – both old and new

ATC – Air Traffic Control -should be updated, I never fly-

GMACT - Galactic Marines Advanced Combat Training I, II, III

ARC -  2 times at this point

Quarter Master Trained

Heavy Weapons and Tactics

Every class GM used to have

-        Sharpshooter

-        Heavy

-        JetTrooper

-        ARC

-        Support

-        Combat

-        Medic

-        Officer

Commander Keller until Gene moved to REG CMD so about 45 – 60 days

Training program from TR up to current TRD (director)

Admin program from New Admin to current Director

Do you have a microphone?: Yep, use it all the time!

Where do you want your regiment to be at the end of your term?: Stronger and with more ties to each other in a way of brotherhood and teamwork.  To help each battalion understand what the others bring to the fight and use those strengths to enhance roleplay and battle situations. To assist with leadership or mentorship that is requested of me.

How do you plan to improve relations within your regiment?: This is a very tough question, because as a BCMD, I do not take lightly someone trying to impose of enforce actions with other battalions at any time. It is my duty to work on relations between other battalions if we feel the need.  As REG commander however, I would be talking to the BCMDs and give them options in which they can exploit relations with other battalions to gain that brotherhood feeling.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:  I would have it no other way.  So yes, I understand!

Do you understand that your position has a two month term limit and you must reapply after two months to maintain your regimental commander rank?: Yep, again I am not looking at keeping a position, only to move up as needed to allow players below me the opportunity to move up as well and learn/achieve more on this server. It is time for GM to go on without me as Bacara as we have many strong Officers ready to take the mantle of leadership and GM into a new era.

+1

let me tell you a small little story about Oxen, I met him about 4-5 months ago when I first joined Synergy. He was extremely scary to me if I'm going to be honest. he was really serious and mature and I had never really met someone quite like him playing Gmod. I then became a Galactic marine rose up the ranks within and then eventually joined Keller's unit under Matra. Throughout my time in GM Oxen has been a kind of Father figure to me and to many others within not only the battalion but the server. He kicks ass in whatever you through at him. All in all, Oxen is an amazing guy and an even better leader. He is the BEST choice for this position and I don't think many would be where they're at today without him.

Once A Marine Always A Marine!

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, Nyon said:

-1 for now, I have only just recently saw you step up your activity in game, I will change if it sticks.

| RC 36 Omega EOD Darman Skirata has played for 179:54:12.
| GM BCMD Bacara has played for 191:44:06.

You mentioned activity? I believe Bacara has more hours then you.(Don't ask me about mine, it's scary....) Also Side note on that again about activity, he has been VERY BUSY with director work, it prohibits him from assisting us as BCMD.

Secondly I do desire to vote no, or negative one, for selfish reasons it would be for me to request a no. I have known Bacara as my BCMD for so long, as my only BCMD in fact. He has assisted me in all avenues to improve myself : Leadership, Documentation, Combat, Inspiration and Patients, not just for me, but for all others. I would be wicked of me also to say that it may seem biased either way my vote. This is my testimony of Bacara. Out of EVERYONE I have met throughout the ship and over time, few have my respect, and Bacara has this Marine at his side always. I think he makes not just Marines, but Men. (1+)

-Signed with respect

-Commander Smokes of the Marines

Edited by TR GM 4thHRHL CSM Smokes
My signed crap is weridly placed AGAIN!(4)
  • Agree 4
5 minutes ago, TR GM 4thHRHL CSM Smokes said:

| RC 36 Omega EOD Darman Skirata has played for 179:54:12.
| GM BCMD Bacara has played for 191:44:06.

You mentioned activity? I believe Bacara has more hours then you.(Don't ask me about mine, it's scary....) Also Side note on that again about activity, he has been VERY BUSY with director work, it prohibits him from assisting us as BCMD.

Secondly I do desire to vote no, or negative one, for selfish reasons it would be for me to request a no. I have known Bacara as my BCMD for so long, as my only BCMD in fact. He has assisted me in all avenues to improve myself : Leadership, Documentation, Combat, Inspiration and Patients, not just for me, but for all others. I would be wicked of me also to say that it may seem biased either way my vote. This is my testimony of Bacara. Out of EVERYONE I have met throughout the ship and over time, few have my respect, and Bacara has this Marine at his side always. I think he makes not just Marines, but Men. (1+)

-Signed with respect

-Commander Smokes of the Marines

I got that he is a director and if it prohibits him then I don't believe he should have the position, the play time thing is for recently my man. I am not talking in all, I know he has played the server. Also if that time is "All time" I just joined like a month and a half ago, He did good with the GM, hence why I said if activity picks up I will +1

Edited by Nyon
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

So ima throw my thought out there, with the trd things you kinda forced the gm way on the server, thats my one fear with you being reg is forcing gm stuff down other batts throats but otherwise i think you would make a good reg

• Agree 3
1 hour ago, woeny23 said:

So ima throw my thought out there, with the trd things you kinda forced the gm way on the server, thats my one fear with you being reg is forcing gm stuff down other batts throats but otherwise i think you would make a good reg

@woeny23  I am unsure what you are referring to here with the TR program, I believe I have asked from day one for input and suggestions from all of my TRMs and TROs. I have kept my hands off as much as possible to allow the players/troopers to succeed. If I did something that seems GM way when it comes to something outside of GM, it was not my intent and I hope people will bring it to my attention for a discussion and an understanding.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Nyon said:

I got that he is a director and if it prohibits him then I don't believe he should have the position, the play time thing is for recently my man. I am not talking in all, I know he has played the server. Also if that time is "All time" I just joined like a month and a half ago, He did good with the GM, hence why I said if activity picks up I will +1

I only play Synergy on GMOD and currently I am at 1851 hours, for 282 days is about 6 hours an hour every day. Not sure how much more active I can be with a full time job, getting another degree and Director for Admin and Director of the TR program, and still trying to keep my activity high enough for my Marines.  Sorry if you do not see me enough, but I assure you, I am on very often.

18 minutes ago, Oxen said:

I only play Synergy on GMOD and currently I am at 1851 hours, for 282 days is about 6 hours an hour every day. Not sure how much more active I can be with a full time job, getting another degree and Director for Admin and Director of the TR program, and still trying to keep my activity high enough for my Marines.  Sorry if you do not see me enough, but I assure you, I am on very often.

Understood, I just want to make sure your activity is good regimental, you understand

Oxen, 

Since my time as fox and before that as you were Keller, you showed great leadership and have a calm mind under pressure. This was one of the reasons why I joined GM. Even though we haven’t been able to talk since I’ve came in, your leadership trickles down though the ranks of GM. I believe you would help the battalions that needs your help, including the every growing regiment that is specialized. I will be a little selfish and say that I don’t want you to go, but I think this is your next calling. So my friend I am proud to given our my +1

-PUCK

1 hour ago, Drayyen said:

I love Oxen. Was best keller then best bacara and now best director.

The problem is I really don't think a director can also be a regimental. Too much of a time sink, imo. Sorry Oxen I just don't think you have that much in a day

We already have a Director reg I don't see he problem 

1 hour ago, Drayyen said:

The problem is I really don't think a director can also be a regimental. Too much of a time sink, imo. Sorry Oxen I just don't think you have that much in a day

@Drayyen Understood and I hear your concern. However, I believe with the position of Director, the requirements demands more of my time and it will in the future hurt Galactic Marines as I lean more and more on my Commanders to run the battalion. As Regimental, I can focus my available playtime with the BCMDs of Specialized and help them focus on the leadership, mentorship and management of their battalions as needed and REQUESTED.

On 2/12/2018 at 9:57 PM, TR GM 4thHRHL CSM Smokes said:

Also Side note on that again about activity, he has been VERY BUSY with director work, it prohibits him from assisting us as BCMD.

Hours can be mean different things. Max has a lot of hours but all he does is sit on the damn server doing nothing. Oxen has almost 200 hours but you are saying he is too busy as Director to perform his BCMD duties. So what I am getting from this is that he just sits on the server.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Pyle
2 hours ago, Mike said:

We already have a Director reg I don't see he problem 

And as someone who was in his reg prior to resignment i can safely say the previous reg that did not have those outside duties was WAY more helpful. Nothing against Jackson, but he's the reason I dont think oxen can handle it either

4 minutes ago, Drayyen said:

And as someone who was in his reg prior to resignment i can safely say the previous reg that did not have those outside duties was WAY more helpful. Nothing against Jackson, but he's the reason I dont think oxen can handle it either

Just because you thought a reg before him did better does not mean he is not qualified or that he can't handle it 

• Retired Founder
4 hours ago, Drayyen said:

They're Marshal Commanders, how would they be unable to do the regimental commander position that takes literally 10% of the work that marshal does and yes I'm talking Staff Wise.

Also, I'm not sure how you're in a position to quote or give a bad opinion. Didn't the 327th literally blow up after you guys left and created unneeded drama on the server?

I'm quite certain you were supposed to be permanently banned for toxic relations with the community.

I have no opinion on Oxen's app as it would be pure favoritism but seeing you make a post about someone else is extremely distasteful.

~Best of luck Oxen.

• Agree 4
8 minutes ago, Joah said:

They're Marshal Commanders, how would they be unable to do the regimental commander position that takes literally 10% of the work that marshal does and yes I'm talking Staff Wise.

Also, I'm not sure how you're in a position to quote or give a bad opinion. Didn't the 327th literally blow up after you guys left and created unneeded drama on the server?

I'm quite certain you were supposed to be permanently banned for toxic relations with the community.

I have no opinion on Oxen's app as it would be pure favoritism but seeing you make a post about someone else is extremely distasteful.

~Best of luck Oxen.

burns-first-aid-14-638.jpg?cb=1386888458

• Agree 3
2 hours ago, Pyle said:

Hours can be mean different things. Max has a lot of hours but all he does is sit on the damn server doing nothing. Oxen has almost 200 hours but you are saying he is too busy as Director to perform his BCMD duties. So what I am getting from this is that he just sits on the server.

Correct me if I am wrong.

@Pyle I am not sure where you are getting that last statement, but when I am inthe game and in TS I am not AFK, I do not farm money or AFK time. I have not and will not start. If I am in game, I am in TS and at times I am only in TS not in game doing duties required of the Director position.

What I was saying was as a Regimental Commander, my focus would not be on the ENTIRE BATTALION and the inner workings of it, but on just the BCMDs of each of those Specialized Battalions, freeing up more time to do what is needed in my other duties.

I challenge you to find someone with clout saying I am afk like others. My name is not OXEN until I am in the my official duties as Director or in TS where my name is literally GM BCMD Bacara / Oxen.  :)  

5 minutes ago, Oxen said:

@Pyle I am not sure where you are getting that last statement, but when I am inthe game and in TS I am not AFK, I do not farm money or AFK time. I have not and will not start. If I am in game, I am in TS and at times I am only in TS not in game doing duties required of the Director position.

What I was saying was as a Regimental Commander, my focus would not be on the ENTIRE BATTALION and the inner workings of it, but on just the BCMDs of each of those Specialized Battalions, freeing up more time to do what is needed in my other duties.

I challenge you to find someone with clout saying I am afk like others. My name is not OXEN until I am in the my official duties as Director or in TS where my name is literally GM BCMD Bacara / Oxen.  :)  

I was not stating you were AFK, I was simply breaking down what Smokes said because quite frankly his post was a tad confusing. It seemed he was contradicting himself in terms of talking activity. I have not interacted with you in game and only once in TS so I cannot talk about your job as Director and REG. 

I still believe that a staff position should not hinder one's ability to go for an RP position so best of luck :)

Edited by Pyle

So I do feel that Oxen can do well in the position so I give him my +1 However, I do have some concerns.

• One of these, is I hope that you do not show favoritism towards the Galactic Marines, and focus on all of your battalions equally.
  • Do not try to become overly involved in battalions (i.e. trying to micromanage all of them)

These are just a few things I could see happening, but overall I feel like Oxen can do the job if accepted. Good luck!

• Agree 2
7 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

As much as i'd love to +1. 
Im gonna stay neutral because you're a director. So that means you have a marshal, therefore youd be a REG and a Marshal for both clones. 

The marshal commander isn't something he should or could run around with. It's a rank for promotions i.e BCMD+/Naval/Jedi

20 hours ago, Joah said:

~Best of luck Oxen.

*Extreme levels of distanced shrugging* 

You know me, Joah. I leave with booms not whispers. 

Edited by Drayyen
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I will give this a +1 for the simple reason that I've seen your work on icefuse and synergy and you have done well to manage and micromanaging your battalions. Plus you are a person who will get back to people even on their off hours.

@Joah

You never gave nor informed any of those of their ban and unfortunately you point out a single battalion instead of calling out all the battalions and people. Just stop reopening old wounds and move on, this is a bloody children's game that adults play for fun you pillock.  Message me your reply on the banning but either way, oxen gets a professional +1 no matter the views because he has earned it.

• Retired Founder

Stop opening up old wounds, okay. I'll do that when you tell the players to leave the server on your discord. I'll help you leave with a whisper, I'll end your accounts and terminate all services that you've ever had with synergy. It's fun being able to take away someones time on this server and literally leave it to nothing but a wisp or a spec of dust when its deserved. Both of you are childish, ignorant, and should not be anywhere near this community.

This is your formal permanent ban, please enjoy the other servers of Garry's Mod as I'm sure they'll enjoy your company.

@Arcantus Worst 327th commander, and the reason they're struggling today.
For those who are wondering, this commander went out of his way to rip everything internally apart from the inside of a discord because of an update rather than working with the founders to correct it when given the opportunity.

@Drayyen Possibly the most un-serious officer I've ever seen, Rest in peace Joe Swanson. Thank god for serious de-briefs.
Good riddance.

@SynergyCommunity ~ If you have any questions or concerns please message me privately.

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 2
13 minutes ago, Joah said:

Stop opening up old wounds, okay. I'll do that when you tell the players to leave the server on your discord. I'll help you leave with a whisper, I'll end your accounts and terminate all services that you've ever had with synergy. It's fun being able to take away someones time on this server and literally leave it to nothing but a wisp or a spec of dust. Both of you are childish, ignorant, and should not be anywhere near this community.

This is your formal permanent ban, please enjoy the other servers of garry's mod as I'm sure they'll enjoy your company.

@Arcantus Worst 327th commander, and the reason they're struggling today.

@Drayyen Possibly the most un-serious officer I've ever seen, Rest in peace Joe Swanson. Thank god for serious de-briefs.

@SynergyCommunity ~ If you have any questions or concerns please message me privately.

when-youre-getting-oinwlt.jpg

• Disagree 1

I want to thank you all for the support but at this point here is where I am at.

I have never felt the need to run for any job or felt compelled to demand/want a set job. From Keller to Bacara and from Vet Admin to Director it was only because there was a need for the leadership and mentorship I can provide and attempt to provide. 

After talking with @Jackson and @Square I feel Square will do the REG job well and therefore I will be dropping my application. 

Good luck with the interview Square and I hope to see you in game and look forward to see what you do with the battalions below you.