Rancor
PVT- WO
MEDO
Alpha Lead
Muzzle | Alpha

Staff
New Admin - Senior Admin

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:
I believe I deserve the position of BCMD for a couple different reasons. First of all I have a ton of experience leading, from small squads to a battalion and even a regiment. I know how to handle tough situations with as little bias as possible and I know how to lead a battalion towards success. During my time as SOBDE BCMD the battalion went from a toxic and low activity battalion to one that won BOTM. This shows I know what to do in order to lead a battalion in the right direction. As well I am a professional and understanding leader which is something I believe is needed in order to fix the direction that Rancor is heading in. I am very much the kind of person that leads from the front and will never ask my battalion to do something that I myself would not do.

Another reason why I want to be BCMD is because of my time as SPEC Regimental Commander. My life got in the way of my duties and I couldn’t complete my term and help Rancor succeed. Because of this it has become my goal and I feel my responsibility to make Rancor the best battalion I possibly can. I have more drive for this position than I have ever had before on the server and I will bring it to BOTM status and increase the view of Rancor on the server. Being a BCMD is what I am good at, I lead from the front not the back lines. I need to be with the same battalion every day giving them my full attention and support.

With the plans I have in mind for Rancor which I will discuss below, my insane drive to make this battalion the best it can possibly be and then even exceed that standard, my previous experience and leadership skills I believe I have exactly what is necessary to be the next Rancor Battalion Commander Blitz.

Availability:
Monday 12PM - 1AM
Tuesday 12:30AM - 1AM
Wednesday 1:50PM - 1AM
Thursday 12:30PM - 1AM
Friday 11AM - 7PM (Depends on the week)
Saturday | Sunday - Varies depending on weekend

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:
1600+ Hours

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

Where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term?:
The ARC Values:
Recently I have put in place a mindset change in Rancor. I have seen the battalion and the view they were receiving on the server, they were seen as a mingy battalion who messes around too much and don’t take things seriously. With the mindset change we will be focusing on the main values of an ARC Trooper Maturity, Professionalism, and Commitment to Duty. What this means is that actual Rancor roleplay will be increasing, we tend to take to the backburner when it comes to RP always letting someone else do the Tech or EOD work, for now on we will always be trying to participate in RP and engaging with the community. With the maturity standard we will be staying in character during events, deployments, trainings and all in character scenarios, this doesn’t seem like something that would need fixing but there has been very little actual RP happening in the battalion. With professionalism this mainly comes from the ARC trainings, we are teaching the standard that we expect from all ARC trained individuals but we do not meet that standard on a day to day basis. We will not be having graders messing around and talking in game or killing each other while we are trying to run selections. The ARC values if I am to get this position will be strongly enforced to help increase the view of Rancor on the server and help rebuild our reputation. This change starts with the officer core, I will be making sure they are enforcing this change and they themselves are embodying the ARC values.

Activity:
Rancor activity has been skyrocketing in the last two months. We have been averaging around 12 people a night during primetime which is amazing to see. Part of these comes from the activity of the officer and NCO cores. A battalion will be active if there are active leaders there to lead and promote them for their work. If troopers feel they aren’t being seen for the effort they put in or feel like they don’t know what to do during an event their activity will decrease and will end up leaving the battalion. The officer core and subunit/ regiment leads under me will be expected to be some of the most active people in the battalion. This is because they are the ones setting the standard of what is expected of the battalion. If the leads are active people will want to join their unit and participate with them. The NCO core activity also plays a huge role, when an NCO core is active and hosting trainings for the battalion, activity tends to increase as it gives the battalion something to do rather than bunny hopping on the server. However I want to push the NCOs to do more in their trainings and provide a teaching element to them rather than just a patrol to caves to complete a quest. If tactics can be taught in their trainings it will lead to a more active, skilled, and prepared battalion.

Alpha Class:
During my time as Alpha-17 I have fully changed the way Alpha works. Alpha now is a tryout to get into the squad, Alpha of the Order has been reintroduced into the battalion. The squad's activity has increased greatly since I took over, and the standard has been increased severely of the alpha arcs. Their activity and disciplinary standard has been increased and their RP has been increased as well. The reason for all of this is Alpha ARCs are supposed to be viewed as these elite units of the Republic but the way they were on the server were not showing that standard. An application and semi active squad were not the values of an Alpha ARC. Now with a focus on professionalism, activity and RP of the squad they are in my opinion the best Alpha has been in a very long time. This standard will be continuing if I was to get this position.

Jedi:
Rancor jedi has been getting some very good numbers as of late. However I feel that they are not currently used to their full extent. I feel that Shaak Ti doesn’t get the respect they should be getting in the current state of the battalion. So my plan is to involve the Jedi more in day to day operations. Treat them with respect and actual RP with them in game. This standard has already been started with Alpha of the Order coming back and the way he is treated in Squad 7, I want this to become a battalion wide standard. Jedi are just as equally important to the battalion as every clone is and I want them to feel that way.

Trauma’s Unit:
The issue with Trauma’s Unit is they are not really given a job in Rancor so there is no drive to join the Unit. My plan is for every event, training or Rancor mission (more on that below) Trauma’s Unit will be sent out first for recon and report back to us before the rest of the battalion leaves base. By making sure they are being used for recon and long distance combat it will lead to more people wanting to join. If the unit isn’t used for anything like the current state there is no reason to join, it is up to use to give them something to do in game and in RP in order for there to be motivation to join. This also comes down to the next Trauma, the unit needs a leader who wants to bring this recon RP to the server which currently there isn’t a lot of recon RP at all. But if we can start the standard of recon RP this could change server RP in general where GMs will make sure to send out the recon units first before the rest of the server.

Battalion Relations:
Currently Rancor's relations with a couple battalions have decreased rapidly. While some battalions have a strong relationship, with others they have done the opposite. My goal especially with our own regiment is to be able to work together smoothly by the end of my term. The way we can get relations to increase is to host joint trainings with the battalions and RP with them in game. However we also have the recent addition of the “Rancor Missions”, Rancor missions are an especially created mini event for Rancor battalion that is hosted every Saturday. The goal of these missions is to increase activity and RP in the battalion by giving every subunit and branch something to do. How this is related to battalion relations is we can invite other battalions to these missions. If we are working together in RP, TS, and in game this will strengthen the bond between the two battalions. With the addition of the mindset change as well toxicity towards other battalions will not be tolerated and will also increase relations.

Officer Core:
The officer core currently has some good parts and some bad parts, under me the goal is to have the battalion being self sufficient and increase efficiency, this starts with the officers. During the first couple weeks of my term I will be looking at every member of the officer core and seeing what they provide to the battalion and what they are actually doing or not doing. Depending on what I discover I will be doing a rework moving around positions to do what is best for Rancor. At the end of the day it will be my job if I get this position to make Rancor the best it can be and that means by making some tough decisions. I will also be making sure the officer core, especially the senior officers, are training the new officers on their duties and teaching them how to run ARC training as that has been lacking as of late. I believe new officers in Rancor should have an understanding of how the ARC training works before hosting them to make sure the training goes smoothly and does not take too long. Having the new officers actually be trained will increase efficiency of the battalion severely. I also will be having my officers teach the NCO core how to lead. There is currently a standard in Rancor that NCOs are expected to take event leads but they tend to be hesitant to take this role as they sometimes do not know how to lead a group into a battle. My officers during every NCO training will make sure they understand how to be a leader by either having them host a training for the battalion or shadowing them during an event to provide support and suggestions afterwards on how they can be a better leader and increase this skill.

ARC Trainings:
I have touched on this topic a couple times now but it is a big part of Rancor Battalion and something that needs to be changed. These trainings should be some of the most professional and strict activities that Rancor is participating in and leading. We are teaching future ARCs what it means to be an ARC trooper and how to become one, which is why all of the ARCs attending to help grade or run the training will be held to a very high standard or be told to leave the training. Any form of mingy behavior, RDM, or disturbance will not be tolerated at any of the ARC trainings. I would also like to introduce the mindset of these being trainings and not tryouts. It is our job to teach how to become an ARC rather than nitpick and fail those attending, they are called ARC training not ARC tryouts for a reason. A way this mindset will be changed is in the implementation of an idea called “The Gauntlet''. The gauntlet is at the end of the day an extremely large citadel, This will be an open training that anyone on the server can attend. The goal of the gauntlet is to teach a random squad of 4-6 attendees how to work together in a team and work on their communication skills. This can be hosted by any ARC trained NCO in hopes to increase relations with battalions by helping them increase their skills and also help prepare future ARCs for their training. However with the switch to the teaching mindset we will be more strict on ARC trained individuals behavior, meaning if you are repeatedly messing around or getting in trouble your ARC status will be in jeopardy. I want to increase the relationship with battalion ARCLs and ARCOs to make sure they are comfortable with telling Rancor if there are any issues with their battalion's ARCs breaking rules or not showing the ARC standard. At the end of the day ARC troopers are supposed to be the best of the best so they are expected to maintain that standard.

BOTM:
The final goal of every BCMD is battalion of the month and I am no different. I believe with all these changes stated above especially with the mindset and battalion relations changes we can 100% win battalion of the month. However we will not be falling to the BOTM curse where we grind for the title and activity falls. My goal is to maintain a BOTM standard for all three months of my term if I am to get this position, so my successor can be given a battalion that is already in a good spot that is self-sufficient and working efficiently.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:
Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:
Yes

spacer.png

Edited by Boof
Promoted

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

+1

Iceman is exactly what Rancor needs. 

• Friendly 1

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

GM Leadership

+1

First interactions with ya started in Rancor for me. After seeing your work, ideas and changes in the battalion as an officer, I definitely think you are the best candidate to run the battalion. Good luck

• Friendly 1

Former:
Veteran Admin | Game Master Manager
CMD Alpha 17  | BCMD Gree 

Do you think the name Alpha of the Order as a Jedi is a cool name to have

This is a serious question

Your app is fine i just wish rancor gave up with Traumaus unit, i dont think it will ever work the amount of times it comes up, then fails is insane! 

Edited by Bacta
  • Agree 1

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

1 hour ago, Sixta said:

Would quite literally be the worst person to get Rancor BCMD due to their time as Spec Reg. 

I have issues with this as well

Iceman, It's no secret that the end of your BCMD term and the entirety of your SPEC term was lacking in activity, and some people even blame you for the lack of Officers and High Command in RANCOR as you didn't promote anyone. 

I know you have the experience, and as i saw with SOBDE you have the qualities as SOBDE was flourishing, 
What makes this time different? 

Just curious to know your drive before i +1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1. Since Iceman came back after Spec term he's gone above and beyond trying to revive Rancor. I do see the concern that Mystic and Sixta brought up, but at the end of the day the blame can't be placed on just one person for the issues Rancor has been facing. Good luck!

• Friendly 1

Current: Yoda

Former: Shaak Ti | Arligan Zey Kit Fisto | Luminara Unduli | Jedi Military Advisor | Null-10 Lieutenant JaingNull-6 Lieutenant Kom'rk Bad Batch Echo Bad Batch Hunter 

-1, nothing against you, just haven't heard the best things when it comes to your past leadership and I feel the other applicant is better suited for the position.

• Dumb 1

Former: Senior Admin | Dooms Unit SNCO | 187th NCO ST SNCO Senator Gume Saam | SO CPT JetRSB Supervisor LTJG Dodd Rancit | Commander Keller | RSB Supervisor LTJG Alexsandr Kallus |

GM Leadership
6 hours ago, Mystic said:

I have issues with this as well

Iceman, It's no secret that the end of your BCMD term and the entirety of your SPEC term was lacking in activity, and some people even blame you for the lack of Officers and High Command in RANCOR as you didn't promote anyone. 

I know you have the experience, and as i saw with SOBDE you have the qualities as SOBDE was flourishing, 
What makes this time different? 

Just curious to know your drive before i +1

During my entire SOBDE BCMD term I averaged 70+ hours every two weeks.

The reason my SPEC reg run ended the way it did was my life got entirely too busy and I had too many positions on the server so I burnt myself out, with no time and no drive I couldn’t complete my duties.

My drive for BCMD comes from this, I feel that I am responsible for this battalion and it is my duty to make it the best it can possibly be. I let people down and it’s my job to make the battalion the best it has ever been. With the plans I have stated above, the drive I have to fix the battalion and led it, and the experience I have in turning around a battalion I know I can complete my goals.

The way this will not turn out like my reg term is I’m limiting myself to only one character that being my clone and I have made sure I have 3 full months that I can donate to the battalion to not only complete my plans I have but to get a successor lined up so nothing like this occurs again.

7 hours ago, Bacta said:

Do you think the name Alpha of the Order as a Jedi is a cool name to have

This is a serious question

Your app is fine i just wish rancor gave up with Traumaus unit, i dont think it will ever work the amount of times it comes up, then fails is insane! 

Alpha of the Order is a W

Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

2 hours ago, Boof said:

During my entire SOBDE BCMD term I averaged 70+ hours every two weeks.

The reason my SPEC reg run ended the way it did was my life got entirely too busy and I had too many positions on the server so I burnt myself out, with no time and no drive I couldn’t complete my duties.

My drive for BCMD comes from this, I feel that I am responsible for this battalion and it is my duty to make it the best it can possibly be. I let people down and it’s my job to make the battalion the best it has ever been. With the plans I have stated above, the drive I have to fix the battalion and led it, and the experience I have in turning around a battalion I know I can complete my goals.

The way this will not turn out like my reg term is I’m limiting myself to only one character that being my clone and I have made sure I have 3 full months that I can donate to the battalion to not only complete my plans I have but to get a successor lined up so nothing like this occurs again.

Alpha of the Order is a W

Thank you for the response. Hopefully you received it well. 

+1 man. As long as you've learned and are taking precautions to avoid a repeat im hopeful that both applicants will lead the battalion forward. 

• Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

After reading your response to mystic, I am going to change my answer to a +1. I wish you and the other applicant the best of luck!

@Gurk@Clutchhhx You guys can remove your reaction now!

• Funny 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Based 2

Former: Senior Admin | Dooms Unit SNCO | 187th NCO ST SNCO Senator Gume Saam | SO CPT JetRSB Supervisor LTJG Dodd Rancit | Commander Keller | RSB Supervisor LTJG Alexsandr Kallus |

Im not necessarily going to + or - 1 this. You have been doing a good time as an officer in Rancor and as Alpha, but you just simply haven't been in Rancor, specifically an officer long enough, it has not even been a month since you first became and officer. And your time in the NCO core was very short lived. If you were more experienced as an officer in Rancor I would definitely have a different opinion. 

• Informative 1

Current: Havoc ARC Overseer / Rancor MAJ  

Ex: Alpha-22 Aven Sage Manager

spacer.png

Personally I think if Iceman got the position he would be very good at it. I was Niner during his time as Sobde BCMD, and he has been one of the best I have seen in a long time. 
however, 

I would love to see Bana get the position since, the work he has done to get to where he is is awesome to see, and I think he has some good potential.

Either way both candidates are great choices so,

+1

• Friendly 1

Former: Liaison

I cannot +1 this enough. Iceman has been a great community member all around ever since I have known him. He was recruited into the 104th during my time as major and under Beetle during his term as Wolffe. He quickly asserted himself as an essential part of the battalion and had more determination to help out than I have ever seen. He always treated others with respect and courtesy, hearing people out no matter what, even if what they had to say was stupid. He became medical officer rather quickly in the 104th and drastically increased the branch's numbers. Keep in mind he was the ONLY medic when he enlisted. I took a few months off from the server a little later but when I returned Iceman miraculously appeared a few days after I did. He joined the 41st along with me but his real goal was to join SOBDE and I shared this goal with him. I never imagined he would end up becoming BCMD of SOBDE, but he did, and the work he did was astounding. He made sure every squad got the help they needed and was there as a personal friend if anyone had issues. He had an amazing term in my book. The icing on the cake would be his Specialized Regimental term. I wasn't that active during the term but he was still helping anyone out he could. He has an unlimited amount of ideas and the leadership skills to execute them. I believe Iceman is the best candidate there is for this position. 

• Friendly 1

Plug A Lil Special But He Chill

Snake Vinland Saga GIF - Snake Vinland Saga Vinland GIFs

GM Leadership
22 hours ago, Monarch said:

I cannot +1 this enough. Iceman has been a great community member all around ever since I have known him. He was recruited into the 104th during my time as major and under Beetle during his term as Wolffe. He quickly asserted himself as an essential part of the battalion and had more determination to help out than I have ever seen. He always treated others with respect and courtesy, hearing people out no matter what, even if what they had to say was stupid. He became medical officer rather quickly in the 104th and drastically increased the branch's numbers. Keep in mind he was the ONLY medic when he enlisted. I took a few months off from the server a little later but when I returned Iceman miraculously appeared a few days after I did. He joined the 41st along with me but his real goal was to join SOBDE and I shared this goal with him. I never imagined he would end up becoming BCMD of SOBDE, but he did, and the work he did was astounding. He made sure every squad got the help they needed and was there as a personal friend if anyone had issues. He had an amazing term in my book. The icing on the cake would be his Specialized Regimental term. I wasn't that active during the term but he was still helping anyone out he could. He has an unlimited amount of ideas and the leadership skills to execute them. I believe Iceman is the best candidate there is for this position. 

<3 Thank you crispy you a real one

Edited by Boof
Was cringe
  • Friendly 1
  • Bruh 1

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk