Make Translation intresting

Bacta

Name: Bacter

RP Rank: SFC

Suggestion: Make translation a gameplay tool for the server

Implementation:

A GM can use a command of /translate on a user, it will make whatever they type in-game not readable unless they have the 41st/Luminara whitelist which they can then translate it properly 

EXAMPLE

I use /translate on one of my EJ

For most players when he types it should read like this "#$%$^@$%#@$#%"

But someone that can translate they can read it properly "Spiderman 2 is the best movie ever"

I think this will make translation cool

Thank you for coming to my ted talk please +1 this

Edited by Bacta
  • Agree 1

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

+1

As a former 41st, I completely agree. 

This would most likely make the AT process easier, normally whenever doing AT in a event, you have to pm the person you're translating to. Sometimes the PM messes up and PMs the wrong person.

For example: On my first Alien Translation I was translating with a Wookie, mid translation I accidently PM a bounty hunter with valuable information that the Wookie gave to me. 

It genuinely sucks to have to copy down IDs every time you do AT, the mundane task of copying down the id of the person you're translating just for a three-minute process is horrible and I think that having a /translate command would really help with this.

Current: 501st Officer

Previous: 41st HVYO, 41st HVO, 501st SUPL, 501st TC Hawk

Head Admin

+1 good idea, creates potential RP additions to events/deployments 

Kaiser        Zeros        Clutch

spacer.png

• Director
Director

+1 uncommon W Idea from Mazen

It's a pretty cool idea, but from a technical standpoint, you're pretty much asking them to create their own encryption haha. +1 though!

Edit: nvm haha just woke up brain isn't working. They don't need to make encryption for this, just an if statement. Oops lol!

Edited by Fizzik
  • Agree 1

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

+1, I think this would greatly improve the value of 41st and AT.

Current: Nothin :)
Former: Shadow Company Enlisted | RANCOR Captain Kase | RANCOR Alpha-22 "Aven" | RANCOR Alpha-26 "Maze" | RC-1140 "Fixer" 212th Ghost Company Trapper, Gearshift, Threepwood | First Rav Bralor
spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 12:32 PM, Bacta said:

its honest to god disgusting to see what you have become ddue, get a fucking grip of yourself and maybe you can be who I thought you were

@Bacta This is a prime example of an old player that has fell off and no longer matters here. Godbless.

Former: Senior Admin | Dooms Unit SNCO | 187th NCO ST SNCO Senator Gume Saam | SO CPT JetRSB Supervisor LTJG Dodd Rancit | Commander Keller | RSB Supervisor LTJG Alexsandr Kallus |

• 2 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

Pending
To be reviewed by the Founders and Dev Team