More LFS Vehicles!

Gohn

• Director
Director
Head Admin

+1

Current: BCMD Cody (FIRST IRISH & WELSH CODY)
Former Waxer | Former Boil | Former Wyler

-1 Not worth the development time

I didn't test any of these myself, but that's about even with you not including any information about any of these addons or why they should be added. Anyways, just reading the descriptions alone I can find problems with just about all of the addons you linked. I don't think development time should be put towards implementing these and testing them with all their additional requirements, especially when most of what is suggested doesn't fit the server, already exists on it, or is a duplicate within your own suggestion. Realistically, adding more things to the server's catalogue of LFS vehicles past what has already been suggested just delays the time before the server moves on to LVS, which is actively supported and is getting more things made for it in recent times, such as a working AT-RT (which the server and 41st in particular has been waiting for for quite some time).

I can tell I spent more time writing this comment that you did searching for these and evaluating if they're worthwhile adding to the server.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

-1. I think i'd rather see the time be put into swapping over to LVS and future proofing than adding reskins of ships we have, and outdated ships like Keegan mentioned

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Tessa's shit is pretty good.   Don't see why swapping to a more unknown version would help.   There are also better versions of the starfighter. 

Also hellfire,  I don't recall but we had it and it was promptly removed for some reason. 

• Confused 2

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

• Director
Director
12 hours ago, Keegan said:

[LFS] ARC-170 - Why do we need to add 188 MB of content when this ship already exists on the server?

Regarding this Suggestion for a ARC-170. I am not sure if you are familiar with piloting on Synergy but when you fly in multiple of the current ships that we have right now and decide to shoot rockets (Right Click) The rockets themself hit the ship and you. The only way i have found to battle this is to go so slow that you are almost hovering, but when i tested our that one i am able to fly at full speed without blowing the ship or myself up.

[LFS] Jedi Starfighters - This requires an additional 36 MB of required content for a ship used mostly during phase 1, which this server is not. Since this would be used by Jedi, did the council think this should be added? Same goes for all the Jedi ships here.

image.png?ex=6554e888&is=65427388&hm=c77 
Since it is a ship i did not think of the reason to go to the council since mainly is to a Gamemaster or Staff discretion if they wish to have ships or not. Aswell as it is not taking anything away from the order only a big benefit for them to get some more people intrested in the less "wanted" Jedi Lore Characthers.

[LFS] Anakin's Delta-7 Aethersprite-class Starfighter (AZURE ANGEL) - Phase 1 era ship, and it's just Anakin's skin as well.

Same thing goes for this as my answer above and it's only 0.875mbs

[LFS]Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor - 35 MB for this and it's required content when we already have ETA-2 on server.

This one i agree with you. It was my fault for suggesting that one.

[LFS] BTL-B Y-Wing Starfighter (REPUBLIC Y-WING) and [LFS]Y-wing / Y-wing-Bombardier - These are the same ships, and the smaller of the two says it has numerous errors, while the one that supposedly works is 167MB. Every server I've seen try to use these has complaints of lag as well.

The reason why 2 of them where suggested was incase 1 of them did not work, the other one could be tested out to see if it would be any diffrent, and further more I myself mainly play on Synergy so i have not seen any complaints of lag about them, and only heard that people would like to see these since they are iconic

[LFS] IG-227 Hailfire-class droid tank - I like this one, but according to description and comments it says it goes way faster than it should.

Granted, it goes way faster than it should, but these are only to be used for events and i expect the upmost professionelty from the GM team and i would expect them to use it as it's supposed to be used. By tapping the W Key.

(LFS) STAR WARS: Coruscant Guard LAAT - This also requires the [LFS] LAAT/i Gunship variant, but a CG skin is included in the above one, so why suggest this?

These LAAT's are there to add a more "unique" LAAT's instead of the plain red and white ones. Add something to indicate that a certain battalion is using them just a cool thing i might say.

[LFS] Star Wars | IPV-2C Stealth Corvette - Cool I guess, not really sure when it would be used though.

This one could be used very effectivly for event's since, it has 12 seats in it you could IE Sneak attack from behind or more.

I didn't test any of these myself, but that's about even with you not including any information about any of these addons or why they should be added. Anyways, just reading the descriptions alone I can find problems with just about all of the addons you linked. I don't think development time should be put towards implementing these and testing them with all their additional requirements, especially when most of what is suggested doesn't fit the server, already exists on it, or is a duplicate within your own suggestion. Realistically, adding more things to the server's catalogue of LFS vehicles past what has already been suggested just delays the time before the server moves on to LVS, which is actively supported and is getting more things made for it in recent times, such as a working AT-RT (which the server and 41st in particular has been waiting for for quite some time).

Lastly but not least, you are saying you read the descriptions, and i am not sure what you are talking about. If it is the one the maker did or you are checking the comments. Because if i quote from the description from this one [LFS] IG-227 Hailfire-class droid tank it says "Decent Speed" under it but upon testing it in single player it's far from decent. So reading from the description / comments alone may not be the best idea. Furthermore when picking deployment maps in many of the descriptions it says "Optimized etc etc". But when we are testing / checking them out lag is a issue. So reading from the descriptions feels like checking wikipedia for answers to your test. 

You are also stating that most of what i suggested doesn't fit the server. I assume you are meaning Phase 1 with this but then we have multiple lore characthers on the server that has died that are still alive. I understand that it does not fit your motto but from my point of view the server has it own take on Star Wars and has formed it's own thought on what Star Wars looks like to them. Which i believe makes it more fun for the full on community rather than a couple of people who wishes to follow the Star Wars lore to a tee. 

10 hours ago, Kortnul said:

-1 LVS is already been approved I'm pretty sure.

This i did not know when i put up the suggestion, but now when checking it has. 

Banned

• Informative 1
  • Dumb 1

r4ymo.gif

-1 Its time to focus on LVS

• Dumb 1

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

• Founder
Founder

For some context here we've had most of these ships on the server in the past and they have been removed. 

The Haelfire droid was also extremely broken and blew itself up a lot unless it was sitting still.

• Funny 1
  • Informative 1
Systems Dev

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife