Changes to Spotting Cloakers

Marvel

• Management

Name: Marvel

RP Rank: MILF Hunter

Suggestion: Give all jobs that can see cloakers access to the suit zoom feature that highlights players in order for them to actually be able to spot cloaked players instead of relying on an honor system.

Implementation: I'm hoping this is something that can be done as it's just a console command but just give it to all RC, SO, Jedi Master, and Assassin Droid jobs

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1644695678 this is the addon we use
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Jobs: 

All RC jobs
All SO jobs
Jedi Master
All Jedi Master Lore Character jobs
Assassin Droid

Other: I figure this is something that can be done seeing as we limit buying armor to certain jobs and what not. All this would do is allow RC and SO to utilize the command that highlights players when using suit zoom that way we no longer have to rely on an honor system which since the dawn of time has only ever caused issues. I think this is a great way to get rid of that dated system and move to something that would create less of a headache for everyone.

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Would you rather a suit zoom that does it, or just be able to see them w/ an outline?

This was in that final days of anaxes, but the issue was that people would call out cloakers from MHB all the way to Main Gate. How will the rules work for making someone uncloak or prevent meta gaming/abuse?

• Informative 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Huge +1 this would end people breaking cloaking rules.

54 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

This was in that final days of anaxes, but the issue was that people would call out cloakers from MHB all the way to Main Gate. How will the rules work for making someone uncloak or prevent meta gaming/abuse?

Honestly I think this is just something we will have to deal with. Officers of those who can see cloaks will need to make sure people are not doing this and punish them if they are. I think this stops a lot of people breaking cloaking rules. I think the benefits outweigh the negatives here.

• Agree 1

🌓🌙

8 hours ago, Hanz said:

Huge +1 this would end people breaking cloaking rules.

Honestly I think this is just something we will have to deal with. Officers of those who can see cloaks will need to make sure people are not doing this and punish them if they are. I think this stops a lot of people breaking cloaking rules. I think the benefits outweigh the negatives here.

You put a lot of trust in that people will actually not meta game. I'm more on the side of making this a system where you literally cannot meta game even if you wanted to. If Xaze can make that happen, sure. But unless he can code distance to activation, this will literally just turn into a non staff spectate mode. -1

• Agree 2

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Head Admin
10 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

@XazeIs there way to make it a proximity thing? Like x amount of distance would trigger the outline? Because if that's a thing I think it'll prevent this issue

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

@Marvel

That mod specifically states it does not highlight cloaked people.  Don't know how much code every Cloak swep shares but i'm gonna bet it's not gonna work.

Also:  Restricting armor buys on jobs is miles different than this.   Your comparing apples and bananas with this.

Edited by Zensras
  • Confused 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

Huge +1 the honor system doesn't work. It's broken daily, this is a much needed fix.

• Bruh 1

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Systems Dev

This suggestion has been ACCEPTED.

// LOCKED

// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - ACCEPTED

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife