Changes to Senate Guard job

Name: Keegan

RP Rank: Vice Chair Mas Amedda

Suggestion: Changes to Senate Guard job

Implementation: Bump up their base armor by 50 (meaning that with skill points they would have 150) and give them two stims that they can use on themselves or a Senator. 

Lore: The Commandos' armor also featured an enlarged left pauldron that was resistant to blaster fire; its primary color was blue, the trademark shade of the entire Senate Guard. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Senate_Commando/Legends#cite_note-COD-3

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

CHANGES ARE BOLD AND COLORED GREEN

Add or Change: Change

Job: Senate Guard 

Slots: N/A

Description: N/A (Not visible anymore? Otherwise leave unchanged)

Model: Trooper (models/salty/tc13-NormalSenate.mdl) and Officer (models/salty/tc13-SenateOfficer.mdl)

Weapons: DC15A (rw_sw_dc15a_o), DC15S (rw_sw_dc15s), EE3A (rw_sw_ee3a), 2 syringes (rust_syringe) 

Other: Add 50 armor baseline + max (so that people with max skills spawn with 150 and can get healed up to 150 using armor kits if they take damage). 

Reasoning: The Senate Guard’s only primary duty on the server is to defend Senators. As such, they should be given the tools necessary to deal with all situations relating to that. Given that some battalions get additional HP, speed, armor, etc. I believe the Senate Guard should get additional armor since it fits the lore of their shoulder pauldron being very blaster resistant, and would also help them absorb a few extra hits when trying to be in-between a combatant and the VIP to get the VIP to escape. Adding the stims would be beneficial in that it would allow them to heal themselves and their VIP, as the Senate Guard on server has always required med training. Note that this would NOT take away from the on-server medics as the stims are limited to only two, and they would be told to only use on members of the Senate/SG. It would be a nice boost to help keep them alive and relocate their VIP without dying on the way. 

• Agree 2
  • Dumb 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

+1 Comparatively to the DS suggestion I think this one is far better and well thought out.  This seems to certainly be an appropriate measure to protecting senators and the stims will be extremely useful. 

Something like this may even drive more recruitment to SG. (Idk if it's low or high, never really thought about joining or gave a hoot about them)

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

Ok. I guess im gonna be the dick here.

Why should Senate Guard get more than Diplomatic Services? Infact.. Why should resoruces be invested into a subunit of a subunit when a more important area of the server within CG could benefit.

Senate Guard was meant to be a small and insignificant part of the server and now you want to put armor into them, create a whole ranking structure and run them like a battalion?

Im sorry but as far as Im aware and also my time as Mas Amedda, Founders do not want more put into the Senate Guard and also are explicit about them being ran as if they were a proper expanded section.

Imo more should be done with the Senate to work with dplomatic services. Senate Guard shouldnt get more than a proper subunit whos job should be defending and protecting senators.

Edited by Gears
  • Agree 1
  • Dumb 4

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

34 minutes ago, Gears said:

Why should Senate Guard get more than Diplomatic Services? 

I do not see how this update takes away from DS. DS has shields already and numerous jobs for their lore characters, and are working on getting additions for themselves which this suggestion is wholly separate from and does not affect. 

40 minutes ago, Gears said:

Senate Guard was meant to be a small and insignificant part of the server and now you want to put armor into them, create a whole ranking structure and run them like a battalion?

As a former Mas Amedda I am disappointed you view the Senate Guard as something meant to be insignificant, however I would like to point out that I was not the one to add a ranking structure to it or run it like a battalion. In fact that was present when you were Mas Amedda and had no qualms about it then, even going so far to allow me to have a bill which reworked the existing ranking structure https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q6PxYITodY1XkvPq1Zs1peK_qDRrRyRjhN-TBj2w6k8/edit  . 

42 minutes ago, Gears said:

Imo more should be done with the Senate to work with dplomatic services. Senate Guard shouldnt get more than a proper subunit whos job should be defending and protecting senators.

Senate, Senate Guard, and DS have always had firm bonds since I joined the Senate nearly a year ago, and have worked together strongly with little issues. With the new DS leadership we have already done a few SIM/trainings/events together and it has gone wonderfully, and we even have a planned meeting with the DS leadership to plan ideas for increasing our relationship. I appreciate the concerns, but this suggestion will not harm the relations but will in fact better them, where DS can be a front line unit for us placing their shields and chasing after assassins, and SG can use these new items to evac a senator away from assassins. 

45 minutes ago, Gears said:

Founders do not want more put into the Senate Guard and also are explicit about them being ran as if they were a proper expanded section.

I have not seen anything about this from founders or anyone, and it was not a problem when we switched to Helix and SG was made into a job under the citizen character. Furthermore, server suggestions are for the community to give their feedback to the founder and management team to decide if something should be added, which they can always deny if they so choose. 

Regardless, I thank you for your concerns for the betterment of Senate and would like to see what the rest of the community has to say on the matter. 

• Dumb 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

8 minutes ago, Keegan said:

As a former Mas Amedda I am disappointed you view the Senate Guard as something meant to be insignificant, however I would like to point out that I was not the one to add a ranking structure to it or run it like a battalion. In fact that was present when you were Mas Amedda and had no qualms about it then, even going so far to allow me to have a bill which reworked the existing ranking structure https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q6PxYITodY1XkvPq1Zs1peK_qDRrRyRjhN-TBj2w6k8/edit  . 

I mean im sorry for saying it like it is. Every time a sturcture changed happened with SG, It was pointless. There isnt a need for one. Just need a Lead and a bunch of Senate Guards. Its not a battalion. 

But imagine that, over time my opinion changed on how Senate Guard should be.. Shock I know.

9 minutes ago, Keegan said:

have not seen anything about this from founders or anyone, and it was not a problem when we switched to Helix and SG was made into a job under the citizen character. Furthermore, server suggestions are for the community to give their feedback to the founder and management team to decide if something should be added, which they can always deny if they so choose.

Just telling you from experience.

I just personally find Senate Guard utterly useless these days. DS could do a way better job as Senator Protection. Senate Guard is just silly now.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dumb 5

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

+1 With regards to the argument against DS we really don't care it wont hurt us as well as us guarding senators yes we do that but we also want to go and expand DS so it doesn't ONLY rely on senators to thrive so I don't see how giving SG some armor and a stim would shake up the server or DS we want to work WITH SG and if that means they can be more capable in guarding senators with these changes then so be it that means DS has more time to do stuff away from the base and work on more RP on our side without worrying about senators 24-7

• Friendly 1
  • Confused 1

+1 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

• 3 months later...
Systems Dev

This suggestion has been moved to REVIEW PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been accepted by the community vote or through Founder approval and a concept is being created by the development team)

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife

• 4 months later...
Systems Dev

This suggestion has been IMPLEMENTED.
(Suggestions that have been implemented into the server)

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife