Ganar's 10th Commander App [Waived]

Ganar

Steam Name: Dragon of the West

RP Name: Omega CMD Niner | Ganar

RP Rank: Commander

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:184114197

Regiment you are applying for: 10th Sector

Why should you become a Regimental Commander?:

I should become a Regimental Commander because I believe that I have the experience, mentality, and dedication for the position. I have been around Synergy since 2018 and since then, I feel like I have accumulated command experience from multiple sources instead of just one. Each battalion has given a different experience as nothing ever occurred exactly twice. With that experience, I try to view things from all angles instead of just one. I want to be the Regimental that doesn't brush off situations brought to me, but instead thoroughly go through them and figure out a solution. Lastly, I think I should be a Regimental Commander because I dedicate myself to the server and, in my opinion, hold good relations with most people in the community. With that, I believe I will succeed as the 10th Sector Regimental and my goal of bringing up activity.

Availability:

Weekdays 6PM-1AM

Weekends 12PM-2AM

Always available through Discord

Give a brief overview of your achievements and experience on the server:

Galactic Marines: Private -> Commander 

41st Elite Corps: Sergeant -> Commander

Coruscant Guard: 2nd Lieutenant -> Captain

Special Operation Brigade: Private -> Commander

Jedi: Padawan -> Master/General

(I'm not going to fill up this entire app with experience, but if there are questions about it feel free to ask)

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want your regiment to be at the end of your term?: 

At the end of my term, I want the 10th Sector to be as active as possible. It's no hidden secret that the server could use it. I understand that everyone has lives, but I'm sure that with proper incentives and a push for it, numbers can increase. Alongside a push for activity, I want each of the battalions to contain a stable Officer Corps. This will prevent sudden resignations to throw off the entire battalion and keep it moving. I also was the 10th Sector to have a sense of communication when my term ends. I want the battalions to be able to always reach out to others.

41st Elite Corps: At the current moment, 41st is in a decent position. Although they are, I want to keep that up by the end of my term. At the end, I want them to have a good number of Senior Officers instead of having just a few. These Senior Officers will be the ones to help pave the way for Junior Officers and Senior NCOs.

Rancor: By the end of my term, I want Rancor to have a stable Officer Corps that is still pushing ARC Trainings. At the current moment, Rancor doesn't have the most Officers that can consistently push out the trainings for other battalions. With that Officer Corps, I also want Rancor to have a solid Senior NCO corps that is ready to help with the ARC trainings and be prepared to become potential Junior Officers.

Coruscant Guard: Finally at the end of my term, I want Coruscant Guard to keep up their activity and strong Officer Corps. As they continue with that, I want them to help build up their NCOs and strengthen relations between all battalions throughout the server. 

How do you plan to improve relations within your regiment?:

From what I've been told, each of the battalions within the 10th Sector have fairly good relations. Although that is the case, I want to continue to help these battalions have good relations. In order to do so, I plan on conducting joint trainings and possibly deployments by working with the GM team. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes, I understand

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your regimental commander rank?: Yes, I understand

• Winner 1

Currently: Jedi Master Kit Fisto

Former:  21stGM Commander Ganar | 41st Commander Barriss Offee | 41st Jedi General A'Sharad Hett | Shock Captain Jay | Jedi Battlemaster Cin Drallig | Omega Niner

Your application is really short, but thats not necessarily a bad thing, just a few questions for you

Could you clarify how you plan to go about increasing the officer count in Rancor? Do you have a plan to host recruitment drives or perhaps something to incentivize people to come back? 

41st seems to be doing good with Keegan, Have you spoken with him about plans to boost activity further or perhaps to work closer with the rest of the Sector in RP/Deployments as a whole?

I'm just a little curious about your plans since it seems to be mostly about stabilizing battalions. If things fall apart its important to have a Plan B. 

Having worked with you in the past in GM and SOBDE i am fairly confident you can hold this position, but in fairness of the other applicant ill wait for your response. 

• Funny 2

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Great person, talked with me as a 41st member about ways he could help improve and how he could be the best Reg. Between him and Shrimp, Tessa, and Bleach the 10th Sector will not only be strong in activity but also RP aspect. CG has never been so popular as it is now, 41st is a RP heavy Battalion with constantly doing FOB, Rancor is working hard with a rebuild of its Officer core under Bleach’s watch. Ganar is the prefect fit to no only be the RCMD but help guide with the rebuilding and continue growth of the 10th Sector as a whole. The last time I seen someone like him with that drive and care will probably be Qal. He will no doubt do better than I ever dreamt as ATK Reg. +1 wish more was like this lad right here. 

• Informative 1
  • Friendly 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

• Director
Director

+1 I have been able to work with him while in sobde and I have enjoyed it ad he seems to be really passionate about this position and I believe he is the right person for the job

• Friendly 1

This is a bit of a surprise as I don't hear or get told anything in CG, but I'm sure you talked with Tessa about applying for the position. In my opinion your app is very lack luster and bland. I personally think the application didn't have a whole lot of effort put into it. I have a few questions for you before I vote.

What are some problems you see within CG currently as someone from the outside?

If you do see problems what would you plan to do to fix them and if so what stopped you from trying to help with these problems before?

I overall enjoy working with you on clone and jedi but I am interested on you answering Mystic's questions.

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

1 hour ago, Mystic said:

41st seems to be doing good with Keegan, Have you spoken with him about plans to boost activity further or perhaps to work closer with the rest of the Sector in RP/Deployments as a whole?

Ganar actually did speak to me for a while regarding this. We discussed how I was revitalizing 41st Battalion Ambassador system and how I'd like to use that as well as Ganar's help in growing relations, deployments, and trainings between the different battalions, as well as some other things. 

This is a +1 for me, Ganar knows what he's doing and is deserving of at least an interview!

• Friendly 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

6 minutes ago, Mystic said:

Your application is really short, but thats not necessarily a bad thing, just a few questions for you

Could you clarify how you plan to go about increasing the officer count in Rancor? Do you have a plan to host recruitment drives or perhaps something to incentivize people to come back? 

I'm just a little curious about your plans since it seems to be mostly about stabilizing battalions. If things fall apart its important to have a Plan B. 

Alright I will start this off about your questions about 41st. Now I have spoken with Keegan about future plans with 41st. Recently he has brought back Battalion Ambassadors to help work closer with all battalions. I hope to work with him on it and with doing so, we believe that 41st working alongside other battalions may help relations. This will work towards future joint trainings, RP, and deployments. By interacting more with the other battalions, it is hoped that it will help some of the activity within the battalion.
Now with Rancor, increasing officer count right off the bat is going to be an honest challenge with the current activity. Yet I believe it is still possible. Rancor has a number of NCOs logged that could very well be prepped to become officers, but first would be getting their activity up. The current officer team would be pushed to encourage activity amongst the NCOs as it really isn't happening now. As activity is brought up, I'll see to boost NCOs hosting tryouts and even possibly hosting small trainings to put themselves out there and promote the battalion.

3 minutes ago, Clutch said:

What are some problems you see within CG currently as someone from the outside?

If you do see problems what would you plan to do to fix them and if so what stopped you from trying to help with these problems before?

As a person who isn't inside the ranks of CG, a problem that I see with CG is long term relations with all other battalions. Fairly recently after talking, relations were just patched with other battalions. Although things are good now, every so often there tends to be tensions between CG and some other battalion. Now you asked what stopped me from trying to help this problem before. Well I am not a current member inside the battalion. I wouldn't be able to just come in and say what should be done about this out of nowhere. But I will say I have spoken to Tessa before about CG issues and tried to provide advice without trying to overstep. Now about fixing the problem. With CG being the enforcers for the server rules, they need to be approachable even when it comes to debating situations such as arrest. I would get with the officer team of CG and talk with them about it. Now I can't just change how someone approaches things, but I could at least give insight on how they should and how they shouldn't escalate a situation when it's not needed. 

2 hours ago, Clutch said:

This is a bit of a surprise as I don't hear or get told anything in CG, but I'm sure you talked with Tessa about applying for the position. 

You were recently on LOA so I didn't reach out specifically to you, but since you are back I would appreciate being able to talk to you at some point in time. 

Former:  21stGM Commander Ganar | 41st Commander Barriss Offee | 41st Jedi General A'Sharad Hett | Shock Captain Jay | Jedi Battlemaster Cin Drallig | Omega Niner

+1 you're more than capable and your response was satisfying enough. best of luck to you.

• Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1 I’ve seen you progress since you first started and it’s impressive to say the least since I’ve not even done half of what you’ve accomplished, and I have faith you’ll do well in the position of regimental.

• Friendly 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

Ganar, I love you man, but you just came back a month ago. I remember helping you get your Elder title back because you weren't on the Jedi roster anymore.

Past that, before I left you were only a Sergeant in Galactic Marines. You got Commander astoundingly quickly in Omega, so good on you for that I suppose, but I don't think you have the recent experience. I'd really like to see more from you before I support you for a position like this. Maybe get some BCMD experience in the mean time.

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

38 minutes ago, TessaKitty said:

This just isn't true. Ganar was already like SSG before I even came back.

Maybe I'm off by a half a month to a month, but I literally remember the day he joined Galactic Marines. (The day he came back), and it's definitely been less than a month since he left GM as an NCO to join Delta.

Edited by Lovestruck

Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

5 hours ago, Lovestruck said:

Ganar, I love you man, but you just came back a month ago. I remember helping you get your Elder title back because you weren't on the Jedi roster anymore.

Past that, before I left you were only a Sergeant in Galactic Marines. You got Commander astoundingly quickly in Omega, so good on you for that I suppose, but I don't think you have the recent experience. I'd really like to see more from you before I support you for a position like this. Maybe get some BCMD experience in the mean time.

Lovestruck you bring up a good point. Yes, I won't deny that I have been back for roughly 2 1/2 months now, but I don't believe that it really changes much about who I am and how I'd approach the position of Regimental Commander. Yes, I know the server has changed a lot through the times I've been gone, yet at the same time there are still a lot of things that are the same and can be applied to the past. You also bring up that I should get some BCMD experience in the mean time. And to that I do think I already have it slightly, but just not the actual rank. In my first go around in GM when I become commander, I was placed as acting BCMD while the actual was gone for a good month. Is it the same as a full BCMD term, no, but I believe it at least contributes to the experience.

• Friendly 2

Common Omega Squad W +1

• Friendly 1

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
CT PVT Alpha-14 Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering x2, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st, Admin, GM for a Week

2 hours ago, Ganar said:

Lovestruck you bring up a good point. Yes, I won't deny that I have been back for roughly 2 1/2 months now, but I don't believe that it really changes much about who I am and how I'd approach the position of Regimental Commander. Yes, I know the server has changed a lot through the times I've been gone, yet at the same time there are still a lot of things that are the same and can be applied to the past. You also bring up that I should get some BCMD experience in the mean time. And to that I do think I already have it slightly, but just not the actual rank. In my first go around in GM when I become commander, I was placed as acting BCMD while the actual was gone for a good month. Is it the same as a full BCMD term, no, but I believe it at least contributes to the experience.

Works for me. If you think you can do it, then I suppose you should at least get the interview.

+1

Good luck!

• Friendly 1

SOBDE seemed to be in a bad state of it just recently. While this has kind of turned around in the past week or so it doesn't feel like they have a strong leadership structure from the outside looking in. This is mainly due to the fact, at least to me, that you guys havn't had a BCMD for a while now(a bit over a month). Why are you deciding to go for regimental when your battalions BCMD position is open? Doubly so for a regimental position that isn't even over your current battalion?

• Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

19 hours ago, Void said:

A simple question, what are your plans to tackle both inactivity and burnout within the respective battalions if it was to occur?

So to tackle inactivity, it's going to be a bit different for the battalions. At the moment, 41st and CG both manage somewhat decent numbers compared to others. So my plan with them is to try and continue what they've been doing. For CG they have Regiment of the Week which acts as a sort of incentive for some of the CG numbers. As for 41st, Keegan has been promoting a good amount of roleplay and trainings which is contributing to the numbers. For Rancor, my plan is going to push for activity first. Currently from my perspective of an NCO, there isn't a push for it from the Officer Team. I would take the time to get with the officers to see if I can get them to at least push the NCOs for activity. After that, I want to work with Bleach to see if incentives can be added for Rancor. 

Now for my plan for burnout. I have an idea that sprouted from SOBDE recently. I want to introduce some sort of a mental check system. How it would work is the Enlisted and NCOs of a battalion will be asked by the Officer Team how they've been doing on the server and if anything is causing them to become burned out and such. This wouldn't just stop with the NCOs, but the Officer Team will be checked by the battalion's Commander Team including the BCMD. Following them, I would be the one to check in with the commanders of each battalion and see if they have any issues related to burnout or even anything else.

7 hours ago, Conrad said:

SOBDE seemed to be in a bad state of it just recently. While this has kind of turned around in the past week or so it doesn't feel like they have a strong leadership structure from the outside looking in. This is mainly due to the fact, at least to me, that you guys havn't had a BCMD for a while now(a bit over a month). Why are you deciding to go for regimental when your battalions BCMD position is open? Doubly so for a regimental position that isn't even over your current battalion?

So currently in SOBDE, Gregor as the BCMD is considered a position we don't outright need. At first I was originally going to go for BCMD, but I asked if a Gregor or a 10th Reg was really needed. The answer I got was 10th Reg, and since at the time no one else was going for it, I decided I'd step up and apply. Now yes, it may seem like I am just leaving SOBDE in the dust, but there are individuals in the battalion who are being brought up and have leadership capabilities. Also I know that I am not currently in a 10th Sector battalion, but I still have some experience in all three (considering my Jedi being in Rancor). Is it recent? No, but it'll still help in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

Curious, who did you ask this too?

Asked Xaze. As the Marshal, I wanted his input.

• Winner 1

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• Optimistic 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

You will be contacted by a Director or relevant High Command for your denial reason.

You may apply for another commander positions after 30 DAYS from this post.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk