Increase pay of all jobs by X3

Ccmonty

Name: Monty

RP Rank: 104th MSG Monty

Suggestion: Increase the pay of all jobs on sever by X3

Implementation: I get it you guys need people to buy credits so you can pay to keep the server up, but come on. back when the permaweapons shop was added Z6, which was the most expensive weapon, was 2 mil and the DC-17 sidearm was the cheapest at 100k. A lot of credits even for the cheapest one but not impossible to get for someone just playing casually. 4 years later and the cheapest weapon is 2 mil, the former price of the perma Z6, and the actual perma Z6 is 300mil. if you wanted to buy a halfway decent weapon (the dual DC-15s for example) you would either need to farm credits for YEARS, get lucky and someone rich gives you some, or shell out $60 for 6mil credits. I'm not saying permaweapons should be dirt cheap or everyone should be making 10k on every payday but the old payouts simply are not reasonable with how much everything costs and thats even mentioning how much fast you die or how much of a slog it is to just navigate the base without buying skill points on top of that.

Lore: None

Add or Change: Increase pay of all jobs X3

Edited by Ccmonty
changed to a X3 multiplier
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

+1

i understand this is a business, but the sunk-cost fallacy only stands for so long.

I was thinking of buying credits for my 10mil AR, but after seeing the price, I couldn’t stomach doing that.

this won’t reduce the number of people purchasing stuff on the synergy store, I’d be willing to bet credits is one of the least purchased items on there. Allowing players to spend more time acquiring credits increases population, and dedication to get the weapon of their dreams

Yeah the economy is completely busted rn to the point I personally have no desire or intention to ever actually bother with perma weapons because the cheapest of them will still take you like 1000 hours of playtime to get and if you decide later you don't actually want it you've wasted hundreds of hours of your time. Something like this is long overdue, maybe even decreasing the price of weapons rather than increasing the earning of credits so that people who made a ton before don't get any kind of inflation type deal from it. +1

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

These numbers are insane. A 10x increase in money made, and I thought irl inflation was bad. This is not the way to fix the economy. Money machine go brrrrrrr. 

i think looking at weapon prices/tiers is definitely something that could be done, But I also remember people complaining about perms weapons ruining the purpose of having jobs, and cheaper weapons won’t fix people complaining about that. How do you fix this situation I don’t know exactly, but this isn’t it. 

• Agree 2
  • Dumb 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Conrad's right. A x10 multiplier is no way to fix the economy on the server. And I do agree with you that permaweapon prices are also bad. But if you want to ask for a change, don't just multiply everything by 10, slap a sticker on it, and say the problem's solved. I'd say x4 or x3 at best would help.

I was the leader of the Dogma Balls movement
spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Conrad said:

i think looking at weapon prices/tiers is definitely something that could be done,

the thing is everytime the permaweapons themselves have been changed its resulted in a permaweapons wipe which unless its 100% necessary is always a giant "fuck you" to the time everyone already spent grinding credits. if the perma weapons prices could be changed without a wipe i would have suggested a lower pay raise but as it stands now (assuming pay day is every 15 minutes) the average player within a specialization needs to spend 1428 hours in game to afford the cheapest item in the shop whereas with even just a X5 pay boost would """"only"""" need to spend 285 hours in game

Edited by Ccmonty
  • Agree 2

-1 Lmao says me amiright?

• Funny 2

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

1 hour ago, Ccmonty said:

the thing is everytime the permaweapons themselves have been changed its resulted in a permaweapons wipe which unless its 100% necessary is always a giant "fuck you" to the time everyone already spent grinding credits. if the perma weapons prices could be changed without a wipe i would have suggested a lower pay raise but as it stands now (assuming pay day is every 15 minutes) the average player within a specialization needs to spend 1428 hours in game to afford the cheapest item in the shop whereas with even just a X5 pay boost would """"only"""" need to spend 285 hours in game

You get paid ever 3 minutes. This math is way off because of that. It takes a 350 (base battalion trooper) credit pay day job a bit under 11 days and 22 hours to save up 2 million credits. Which is roughly thr amount you have for the x5 for a specialization job. 

edit:perms weapon wipes have always offered 100% refunds (outside the two joah did like 4 years ago where he wiped credits also.)

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

You get paid ever 3 minutes. This math is way off because of that. It takes a 350 (base battalion trooper) credit pay day job a bit under 11 days and 22 hours to save up 2 million credits. Which is roughly thr amount you have for the x5 for a specialization job. 

edit:perms weapon wipes have always offered 100% refunds (outside the two josh did like 4 years ago where he wiped credits also.)

I didn’t get a refund

also I didn’t realize the AMOUNT of increase proposed, I was thinking like a 1.5x not fucking 10 holy shid

Banned

-1 change the prices to a little lower than times 10

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif

8 hours ago, MrNeptoon said:

Conrad's right. A x10 multiplier is no way to fix the economy on the server. And I do agree with you that permaweapon prices are also bad. But if you want to ask for a change, don't just multiply everything by 10, slap a sticker on it, and say the problem's solved. I'd say x4 or x3 at best would help.

6 hours ago, Seabass said:

-1 change the prices to a little lower than times 10

7 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

-1 Lmao says me amiright?

7 hours ago, Bane said:

-1, in the long run this would only make the synergy economy worse

8 hours ago, Baron said:

-1 The increase is way too much. A decrease in prices maybe a better alternative or adding more options/items at more reasonable prices.

4a6c2666-777e-483e-a0e2-10254ac7b7ea_600

I’ve switched to a X3 multiplier instead of X10 if that has any impact

Edited by Ccmonty
  • Confused 1

This inflation is absolutely rediculous. Also, the reason the prices change so much is because of the rapid inflation. Personally, I've noticed the rediculous price of these weapons, but I don't think more money is the answer. It would destroy the value of credits.

Edit: X3 is better, but still a lot. I think maybe instead of passive income, what if there were more ways that you could get credits with some extra work? Not just through buying and passive income (I'm purposely leaving player interaction out), but maybe hidden randomly spawning caches? Quests or jobs? 

Edited by Lovestruck
Added more
  • Informative 1

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

• Founder
Founder

One of the hardest things we've had to determine as Founders is where permanent weapons should sit price and balance wise on the server. This topic has come up so many times i've lost count. The current way weapons are set on the server is to allow base classes to thrive without being demolished by store weapons. With this in mind we lowered prices of the weapons from the previous prices by a large amount and their stats by even further. By making the weapons sit in tiers it allowed more freedom in player choice to pick weapons they were more comfortable with instead of just becoming a min max monkey and buying what's at the top.

We still needed to add weapons that were at the top to incentivize players with large amounts of credits to spend them as this is our primary money sink(Hence the special tier weapons). These weapons are strong, but not to the point that some weapons sat before the previous balance changes(Looking at you Westar and E11-D). Current prices are for a more standard model of allowing players to prioritize one to two main weapons from the store instead of running around with an arsenal of twenty.

Regarding credit wipes, unfortunately credits had to be wiped in the past because of various money exploits that were found and ran rampant in the community. This wasn't a group of friends finding exploits and keeping it to themselves. This was full on battalions doing this behind the scenes and selling credits to players which directly damages Synergy's source of income as well as devaluing players credits. With the most previous credit wipe with the weapon re-balancing we did everything in our power to alert all community members. We started with an announcement of the wipe two months in advance at a community meeting, where we stated that the weapon vendor would be set to 100% refund. One month from the date we started putting out discord announcements that went to every synergy related discord. We posted in the steam group, forums, and made constant global messages in Teamspeak. Hopefully we never need to do one again, but it'd be too easy to say never. We'll always do everything we can to make as many people aware as possible.

Hopefully this helps a bit when determining the direction of this suggestion. As of this moment the Founder team is 100% against having a pay increase but not against giving players other interactive avenues of obtaining money. We've had some special projects long in the works that would increase interaction and credit growth in a stable fashion, but this isn't on our priority list as of this time.

14 hours ago, Jad said:

One of the hardest things we've had to determine as Founders is where permanent weapons should sit price and balance wise on the server. This topic has come up so many times i've lost count. The current way weapons are set on the server is to allow base classes to thrive without being demolished by store weapons. With this in mind we lowered prices of the weapons from the previous prices by a large amount and their stats by even further. By making the weapons sit in tiers it allowed more freedom in player choice to pick weapons they were more comfortable with instead of just becoming a min max monkey and buying what's at the top.

We still needed to add weapons that were at the top to incentivize players with large amounts of credits to spend them as this is our primary money sink(Hence the special tier weapons). These weapons are strong, but not to the point that some weapons sat before the previous balance changes(Looking at you Westar and E11-D). Current prices are for a more standard model of allowing players to prioritize one to two main weapons from the store instead of running around with an arsenal of twenty.

Regarding credit wipes, unfortunately credits had to be wiped in the past because of various money exploits that were found and ran rampant in the community. This wasn't a group of friends finding exploits and keeping it to themselves. This was full on battalions doing this behind the scenes and selling credits to players which directly damages Synergy's source of income as well as devaluing players credits. With the most previous credit wipe with the weapon re-balancing we did everything in our power to alert all community members. We started with an announcement of the wipe two months in advance at a community meeting, where we stated that the weapon vendor would be set to 100% refund. One month from the date we started putting out discord announcements that went to every synergy related discord. We posted in the steam group, forums, and made constant global messages in Teamspeak. Hopefully we never need to do one again, but it'd be too easy to say never. We'll always do everything we can to make as many people aware as possible.

Hopefully this helps a bit when determining the direction of this suggestion. As of this moment the Founder team is 100% against having a pay increase but not against giving players other interactive avenues of obtaining money. We've had some special projects long in the works that would increase interaction and credit growth in a stable fashion, but this isn't on our priority list as of this time.

TLDR

WE WANT HIGHER WAGES

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

On 3/8/2022 at 6:16 PM, Conrad said:

This cannot be right, I have a bit under 3 mil right now and last I checked I think my playtime was somewhere about 600 hours, and that's partly with the salary of a senator job

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

I’m just confused because half of the reasonings using the word inflation?

There is no market cap, finite limit or going rate of the republic credit in game / while it can be based on the USD or any local currency used to purchase it, it doesn’t mean the in game republic credit holds any tangible value ;

Example: A fucking chuckee cheese token. 

Literally people unironically saying “ t H e I n F l A t I o n of 10x” 

The suggestion is to increase paychecks! Not the prices of the goods purchased in game WTF! 

Any sane person can look at this and realize these facts but I believe you mean, “ OMG THERES MORE CREDITS IN CIRCULATION SO ITS WORTH LESS” WHAT ITS AN ELECTRONIC CHUCKEE CHEESE TOKEN! 

By definition of inflation chuckee cheese tokens (republic credits) can not become inflated.

Quantity will go up, and demand will stay strong!

But guess what it’s value will still be 1 CHUCKEE CHEESE TOKEN (republic credit) BECAUSE PERMA WEAPON PRICES (the reference as there’s no real STABLE market) [lightsabers and jedi shit doesn’t count y’all rip each other off already] STAY THE SAME AS NOW. THERE FOR ITS NOT INFLATING ITS JUST INCREASING IN QUANTITIES. 

Anyway

-1, 10x!!!!?!?!! That will inflate the servers economic structure and central currency! You mad man! 

Edited by Craigary
  • Winner 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• Founder
Founder

One thing that I'll note, there definitely won't be a x3 increase to job pay, however, like Jad highlighted we are currently working on solutions to fix the issues you are bringing up. Trust me we more than anyone know that there is an outstanding issue with the current economy on the server. I'd like a hard reset on the entire economy, however I know that's not ideal for the typical player who's been saving up a ton of money. I think one thing we've been shooting for is to get perma weapon pricing back to where it used to be ie the range of weapons being from a few hundred thousand credits all the way to like 50 mil being the highest (possibly excluding outliers) if you remember that old system we had back on the venators a few years ago. This will obviously require a lot of changes to everything about the servers economy such as current deflation of existing wallets, re-defining a new fair standard price for x amount of credits on the store, paycheck tinkering etc. 

To put it shortly, already working on it. 

• Dumb 1

-1 I don’t think that pay is bad, as someone who has sat on a lot of bcmd / high paying jobs for along time. I think using other ways to make money would be better, ie. picking things up, crafting weapons that have a higher chance to get better stats or skins maybe. I’ve had a lot of ideas on things that could increase the downtime between events. However I feel that a lot of the times it’s been getting more droid shooting for longer than then 10 - 20 minute events we get just sit back and let the farm roll in lol.

kinda sorta on the right track but not x10 or x3 increase should happen

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

• Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

• Dumb 1