From the Office of High Command 10/17/2021

Conrad

Do you want to see role bonuses return?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From the Office of High Command

10/17/2021

This is a general update document, detailing the things done by the Chancellor and the Marshall Commander. This document will be posted Bi-Weekly with updates on what they both have done. Please leave any feedback you have in the comment below.

From the Office of the Chancellor - Conrad

General Updates

I have spent a decent amount of time just interacting with people and getting everyone on the same page. I want to start pushing my new 1 on 1 meeting structure starting next weekend, so HC can look out for me to talk with them individually soon!

Worked on helping set up props throughout the base. Worked with CG for brig, as well as @Mavellefor BCC/CiC/MHB/BH Village/ect. Everyone give @Mavelle a huge shout out, as he did most of the props on base for the initial wave. It was a lot of work at once. Additional thank you to @Maddoxx/ @Stix / @Dennis for work on props as well after the first wave! Here is a list of all props on base LINK ! Might be looking to move things and what not.

Congratulations to @Brooklyn on getting the Medal of Honor. Due to his hard work being a BCMD multiple times, Time in high command, multiple battalions, constant dedication both inside and outside of RP. Despite being a Neko he’s a good example of what you should strive to be like on the server. Congrats buddy.

Roleplayer of the Week

104th @BigZach

During an event where I was held hostage, @BigZach did great work trying to negotiate for my freedom. Unfortunately to no fault of his own the negotiations went sour, but I feel like without a tank accidently shooting rockets at the BH’s holding me he could have gotten me free. Great job @BigZach! Contact me for your tag in TS as well as your 10$ store credit.

Question for the Community

So in this section I just want to ask you all about something I’m thinking about to get the opinions of the community on it, as well as perhaps help me decide if I think it's something I want to push for the server. The results of the vote DO NOT decide if it will or will not happen, but will help hopefully push us in the right direction.

For this first one, Roll bonuses. Do you guys want them back, why or why not. Also how would you like them to work if they did come back. For those that might not know what role bonuses are, for example, a MED trooper will get +5 when they /roll to Medical Related actions (IE Performing surgery).

Vote in the poll and please leave your reasons why in the comments below or DM me directly!

Clone Updates

My biggest thing I've done with the clones recently is talks with CG. In order to help clarify arrests' reasons, and the steps that should be taken to get to the point where people are arrested. I have tasked CG with creating a Public document that can be seen by any member of the community. This will help clarify what is or isn’t bailable, what does or doesn’t require warnings, and give examples of each. We will be running this through High Command, then CMD+, then going live to get feedback before making it public to all. This might take a little bit as I want to ensure it's done right and fair for everyone.

For positions that are open/have been filled this last week we have @Guacbecoming Gregor for the republic commandos. We also welcome @Stixinto high Command, I look forward to working with you, look forward to a meeting with me soon! For open positions we have 104th BCMD Wollfe open. Also in the next two weeks we will have 212th BCMD Cody and 21st BCMD Bacara opening up, so if you’re interested start preparing your applications!

Besides this I’ve just been spending time with a couple of battalions, going on deployments and hanging out in an ability to show that I am open for conversation with any member of the Server if they have something they want to talk about.

Navy Updates

I have been attending some meetings and events with the navy and looking into how I can best help them. Right now a big issue is that they don’t have any CMD+ Equivalent positions. I’ve been looking to potentially promote people to these ranks, but am making sure that I put the right people there If I decide I have to.

I have come in and made some changes to some internal structures inside the navy. RSB is the newest branch, however it seemed this new branch was taking members away from the main 3 branches of the navy (ENG/MED/PLT). In order to ensure the navy has enough people to oversee these trainings throughout the server I have made RSB a secondary group you can join. Hopefully this will ensure we see more navy ENG/MED/PLT RP happening during events.

Furthermore I’ve reiterated to the current Navy members that if there's anything they don’t think they have the power to do, they can come to me to make sure if they can or not. And if they can’t I can ok it if i think its a good idea. I don’t want the navy to stagnate because of a lack of change happening inside, so hopefully this can push people into trying new things and doing more in order to keep the navy active.

Jedi Updates

Acted as an emissary between Jedi and the Guild to clarify some of the rules for getting into the holocron vault. New rules have been pushed out for everyone. Besides this small disagreement nothing of note for the jedi order, which isn’t always a bad thing!

Guild Updates

I met with both LT’s and have worked with increasing the power of LT/Guild Leaders in RP to help further the RP I can do as chancellor. This has come with a plan between myself and Satan/Brooklyn to have them work with me as both Palpatine and Darth Sidious. This will allow me to play with both a hostile, neutral, and republic sided fashion which has been fun this week for player generated RP and PvP.

After putting out a bounty on myself I have hired an IG unit to be my personal IG unit. The purpose of this IG unit will be to allow me to further my RP as a person that is on both sides. This will open up further options for me to interact more with the guild under the guise of Darth Sidious.

Applications for guild lead are open. We have one applicant in the interview phase. 

Note

As always, I am more than happy to talk in TS or discord at any time about anything. Just send me a message!

From the Office of the Marshal Commander - Deku

G.A.R Updates

First off, I’d like to congratulate Brooklyn again on receiving MoH. I’m sure this is a huge honour for him and throughout his multiple BCMD terms, his RCMD term, etc. he’s definitely made a name for himself in this community, and he’s been rewarded for it. So congratulations to you!

Secondly, I’d also like to congratulate @Guac on becoming Republic Commando BCMD Gregor! As members of High Command, and as members of this community, I’m sure we all have a few things to expect from him. I’m going to highlight a few expectations I have from our new BCMD. Firstly, we expect Guac to ensure a level of professionalism and respect within SOBDE as a whole. Secondly, we (of course) expect him to build upon the foundation laid out by the previous BCMD and try his best to make the best decisions for SOBDE.

Attack Updates/Status

For this section, I’ll be giving the status of each battalion from my perspective. From an outside perspective looking in, as well as from a High Command perspective.

ATK: ATK in general seems to have been doing fine. My only complaint is, I’d like to see more AT-TE and BARC certifications/trainings being hosted. However, I do believe the battalion representatives are working together to ensure these trainings are being pushed out.

501st - 501st seems to be running smoothly. From the past few days I’ve seen them, they’ve kept up good activity during events. During these events, 501st will have quite a lot of active members, and with this I have a challenge for them. I'd like to see the troopers/HC in 501st make a collective effort to make downtime interesting and keeping their activity after events, namely through generating Passive RP with other battalions/factions, player driven trainings, etc.

212th - 212th seems to also be doing okay. The battalion has seen a decrease in activity recently compared to their previous state. 212th still has quite a few active members which is great to see! But the majority of them seem to be mainly from their Officer+ personnel. Similar to 501st, 212th should make an attempt to make downtime more entertaining/appealing for their NCOs & Enlisted! 

41st - 41st seems to be growing at a steady pace. From what I’ve seen, 41st has had a surprisingly good increase in activity recently. I hope that they can continue to keep this standard for many days to come. Besides this, I would like to see more trainings from them, specifically BARC training. I would also like to see Shpack working with the other ATK battalions to get them properly set up to host BARC trainings. (I believe they are already doing so, however it’s still worth noting)

Siege Updates/Status

For this section, I’ll be giving the status of each battalion from my perspective. From an outside perspective looking in, as well as from a High Command perspective.

Siege: Siege has been the new regiment Synergy has seen on the server, and so far it seems the battalions are meshing quite well. I’ve been happy to see joint trainings from certain battalions within Siege and I hope it continues going forward. Similarly to ATK, I hope to see more TX-130 and AV-7 trainings. However, there are battalions within Siege that haven’t been doing too well.

104th: 104th seems to be in a dire state currently. With a mass amount of resignations, one of which being their applicant for Wolffe, it seems 104th is picking up the broken pieces. Myself & Conrad will be working with Commander Sina in hopes to help wherever we can. (Refer to 21st Short term/Long term section, the same can be said for 104th to some degree)

21st: 21st, from the outside, also seems to be struggling to some point. The activity of their troopers is lackluster and sometimes non-existent when their BCMD isn’t on the server. I’d say 21st’s activity problem is definitely their biggest issue. Similar to 501st/212th, a short term fix to get their current members active, more battalion trainings, etc. Long term, 21st should be making an honest attempt at recruiting as much as humanly possible. (I know this is easier said than done, at the end of the day if nobody shows up to recruitments, or nobody seems to be interested, there’s little to do besides make the battalion look interesting using the current members you have already)

Doom’s Unit: DU has been performing okay. Their server presence during the day isn’t bad, they will have roughly a handful of troopers on during primetime. Similar to 21st, when DU’s BCMD is on, DU is at it’s best activity wise. It seems DU High Command has decided to wipe their sub-unit, Havoc Squad, and they’ve gotten new members into the squad. I look forward to seeing what they can do going forward. Similarly to the other Siege battalions, I’d like to see more AV-7 trainings in particular being held from this group in order to set a good example for the rest of the Siege battalions.

Specialized Updates/Status

SPEC: SPEC seems to have been running pretty smoothly, however I believe relations between the SPEC battalions could drastically improve and I would love for this regiment to work towards becoming more unified.

Coruscant Guard: CG seems to be having pretty good activity as of late. There’s a select few individuals I see almost everyday and they bring a good aspect of roleplay to the table. I will however say that there tends to be situations on the server that are blown out of proportion or treated more seriously than the situation actually is. Besides that, I enjoy the direction CG has been going in the past 2 weeks.

RANCOR: Rancor from the outside seems to be pretty closed off. However, Rancor itself seems to be performing okay. Their activity could definitely use a push, but mainly I would love to see more interactions with other battalions from this squad! All in all, Rancor has been doing a decent job and I hope they continue to keep up with their ARC trainings!

Republic Commandos: RC has just recently gotten their new BCMD, Guac. With this addition RC has been performing very well recently. The activity has been amazing, and there are some members in SOBDE that actively create roleplay and take pride in their RP. A smaller issue I have with RC as of now however, is there are some members within RC that have poor attitudes outside of their battalion. Other then that, I’ve liked what I’ve seen from RC so far!

This document is just deku and myself. Let me know if you'd be interested in hearing from more members of High Command as well and maybe we could include them. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Conrad
  • Winner 2
  • Informative 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

This is what we needed. Now I will stop bitching. Thanks

• Funny 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

I've always looked at roll bonuses as a logical roleplay representation of certain individuals being more skilled at certain things. It makes perfect sense for a trained medic to be 5 or 10% more proficient in their medical actions than an amateur. It makes sense for medical officers or leads to be even more proficient than that. 

I look at roll bonuses as people specializing in a certain type of roleplay and therefore being more likely to succeed. I'd love to see them return, and if they did return I think they should be like the old days. Give officers their bonus for being officers, give specializations their tiered bonuses based on rank, etc. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

I voted no from a BH perspective. Random BCMDs shouldn't get a +10 when trying to detain someone. Although I do think for actions that are not with others such as EOD, Tech, Med, etc. They should be added back but with PvP interactions they shouldn't have them.

• Confused 1

🌓🌙

10 minutes ago, Hanz said:

I voted no from a BH perspective. Random BCMDs shouldn't get a +10 when trying to detain someone. Although I do think for actions that are not with others such as EOD, Tech, Med, etc. They should be added back but with PvP interactions they shouldn't have them.

I don’t believe anyone ever had +10 to detain. To simplify I would be looking to split up roll bonuses into what I see are the 4 groups of EOD/TECH/ENG/MED. something like: medical troopers/consulars?!?!/BH medic Get med bonuses. HVO/EOD sobde get EOD bonuses. I’d keep them job specific inside of regiments.  I personally would never give anyone + to detain. All of the above are PvE. 

Edited by Conrad
  • Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Forum Admin
4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I don’t believe anyone ever had +10 to detain. To simplify I would be looking to split up roll bonuses into what I see are the 4 groups of EOD/TECH/ENG/MED. something like: medical troopers/consulars?!?!/BH medic Get med bonuses. HVO/EOD sobde get EOD bonuses. I’d keep them job specific inside of regiments.  I personally would never give anyone + to detain. All of the above are PvE. 

Why wouldn't wrecker have an advantage when muscleing some civi? I understand your and Hanz's point, just offering some criticisms.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Just now, Guac said:

Why wouldn't wrecker have an advantage when muscleing some civi? I understand your and Hanz's point, just offering some criticisms.

I think the biggest issues with roll bonuses in the past was the complexity that came from it. It was hard to tell who had what and some people miss used this. I’m guessing that’s what Hanz is saying in his response. People heard +10 to all and took it to the extreme and abused it. In order to ensure this doesn’t happen I’d like to cut down on the confusion as much as possible and simplify it across the board. Lore characters would still get bonuses to their speciality so wrecked would get his EOD bonus. 

• Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

3 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I think the biggest issues with roll bonuses in the past was the complexity that came from it. It was hard to tell who had what and some people miss used this. I’m guessing that’s what Hanz is saying in his response. People heard +10 to all and took it to the extreme and abused it. In order to ensure this doesn’t happen I’d like to cut down on the confusion as much as possible and simplify it across the board. Lore characters would still get bonuses to their speciality so wrecked would get his EOD bonus. 

I'd prefer this

Edited by Freck
  • Agree 1

British

I liked it when you only have the roll bonus if you're on that job's whitelist. Such as MED Troopers get theirs, Supports get theirs for ENG, etc. I felt like that would be the simplest solution to this. 

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope