Rule updates Yay

Piff

Name: Piff

RP Rank: Major

Suggestion: Change Rules from Section B in the rule section aka FailRP/Movement Section

Implementation:

1. Change rule 7 being "The only locations where you can speak Out of Character (OOC)are in the OOC lounge or bunks" To allow people to speak about OCC things anywhere as long as there is no actual RP going on, So an event, encounter, anything done by Naval to incourage RP, so basically if theres no RP going on involving that person who wants to speak in OOC, allow them to speak anywhere, this rule seems kind of useless and dumb due to the fact that you shouldn't be limited on a server where real people play that they literally need to go to a certain part of the map to talk about life or anything outside of GMod.

2. Rule 11 "Standing or sitting on anything that wouldn’t support a fully equipped clone/jedi. (Lights, railings etc)", This rule is very vaugue, and this creates issues with the rules and what you are allowed to sit on, for example, The railings on second floor would for sure support someone if they sit on it, yet people get AOSed for it, I would say it should be change to a railing that is held up by seperate poles it would be obvious that it would most likely not support the person sitting on it, and of course our armor is would add onto that weight, So i wouldn't say get rid of it, but be more specific with it since basically all i see is people just saying they will AOS you regardless if they think the ledge will support you or not

Going back to Section A (General Rules)

1.Rule 4, "Do NOT disrespect other Battalions/Regiments without a Lore Reason"  Heres a rule that is taken the extreme, Once again a vaugue rule, the issue here is the "Disrespect" is determined by the player who is being "Disrespected" since we have special snowflakes that take everything too seriously, this has become an issue that literally if you tell someone fuck off they will AOS you, i would say try to make this into two different things, if someone is literally going out of there way to say something disrespectful with no context, than for all means AOS them, but if someone is basically telling you fuck off or saying it in a different manner it shouldn't be something to AOS for, or prior to the AOS being placed, i would say that it should be determined by CG,TG or staff if the "disrespect" should actually have action taken against that.

Also to make clear, im only making this suggestion due to the fact that i have seen AOS after AOS for the Disrespect and sitting rule which is just dumb and shouldn't be something happening, personally i dont get arrested for this much since im usually AFK :Pepega: Also if you think there are better ways of changing/updating these rules feel free to comment on how cause this is what mostly i could come up with for the time being

Edited by Piff

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

So this is definitely an interesting take. I will go over my opinion. Which tends to differ from others.

This is a roleplay server. Not a social life simulator. Talk ooc in ooc chat, in bunks, ooc lounge or in teamspeak. Talk in roleplay elsewhere so that you may encourage more downtime roleplay. I personally have been trying to break character less when I am out and about, because again, its a roleplay server. (God I suck at explaining this)

Dont. Sit. On. Railings. I don't care that it can support you. If this military base was real you'd get pt'd just for leaning on it because: if for some reason you do fall, the military has to pay. (Aka its against the rules for rp liability reasons and breaking it is failrp)

If someone is a "special snowflake" dont disrespect them. CG doesn't need to investigate, they want to roleplay too. Its a staff issue if the Arrest is false. If the staff deems it disrespect, it was probably disrespect, take it like a man instead of becoming a special snowflake.

-1 I just don't think these rules should be edited in this way. 

• Disagree 1

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

21 minutes ago, Logicless said:

So this is definitely an interesting take. I will go over my opinion. Which tends to differ from others.

This is a roleplay server. Not a social life simulator. Talk ooc in ooc chat, in bunks, ooc lounge or in teamspeak. Talk in roleplay elsewhere so that you may encourage more downtime roleplay. I personally have been trying to break character less when I am out and about, because again, its a roleplay server. (God I suck at explaining this)

Dont. Sit. On. Railings. I don't care that it can support you. If this military base was real you'd get pt'd just for leaning on it because: if for some reason you do fall, the military has to pay. (Aka its against the rules for rp liability reasons and breaking it is failrp)

If someone is a "special snowflake" dont disrespect them. CG doesn't need to investigate, they want to roleplay too. Its a staff issue if the Arrest is false. If the staff deems it disrespect, it was probably disrespect, take it like a man instead of becoming a special snowflake.

-1 I just don't think these rules should be edited in this way. 

The server isnt seriousRP either, we dont treat like a real military base cause its meant to be fun, not im going to kill you for the smallest thing in the world, this is like people -1ing shit saying this isnt lore accurate, the whole server isnt lore accurate. and thats also not true that youd get PTd for leaning on something in a real military base, so i dont know who told you that.

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Piff said:

The server isnt seriousRP either, we dont treat like a real military base cause its meant to be fun, not im going to kill you for the smallest thing in the world, this is like people -1ing shit saying this isnt lore accurate, the whole server isnt lore accurate. and thats also not true that youd get PTd for leaning on something in a real military base, so i dont know who told you that.

Im not here to argue. I don't care if the server is "serious" or "semi-serious" its still for roleplay. 

Idk about the PT for leaning on a military base, its just a possible example. Sitting on second story railings could lead to injury, and if a company/government program (ex. the military) doesn't disallow it, they could be sued or something stupid like that. A real life example is back in my highschool we had a reinfirced glass railing with metal mesh on the other side of it overlooking our commons. Kid jumped off and tried to sue bc the school didnt have safety precautions, however its a highly enforced rule not to even lean on the railings. You said it has no reason, so theres a reason for you. 

• Confused 1

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

It’s a Semi-Serious-Roleplay server, which means that it’s serious, but you don’t have to be serious all the time. I don’t think you need to change the rules, because Piff I think what you suggested is already a thing, however I think this is a good clarification of what’s you can do. 

Also to Clarify some of your points. Why does it matter if you sit on railings? Just stand or sit on boxes? You also have to realized that a clone trooper wearing armor wouldn’t be able to be supported on a railing

Edited by Pythin

Former: Liaison

17 minutes ago, Pythin said:

It’s a Semi-Serious-Roleplay server, which means that it’s serious, but you don’t have to be serious all the time. I don’t think you need to change the rules, because Piff I think what you suggested is already a thing, however I think this is a good clarification of what’s you can do. 

Also to Clarify some of your points. Why does it matter if you sit on railings? Just stand or sit on boxes? You also have to realized that a clone trooper wearing armor wouldn’t be able to be supported on a railing

If you read I said, not every railing should be supported, I said specifically railings such as the ones in the Hangar control or railings like the ones inside of BCC are ones that I would consider that probably would collapse due to the weight on it, especially since clone armor is known to weigh around 80 pounds and we also have a good idea that clones could weigh around 170lbs so 250 lbs would of course make that shit break, as well, the main issue I have with this rule, like I’ve been told in the past were not semi serious or SeriousRP, but let’s be real does something like sitting on a railing really deserve to be a rule, because it makes no sense for someone to be punished for sitting on a railing, and the issue is here too like I said before, and the rule clearly states if a fully kitted clone would be support then they can sit on it, but that’s completely thrown out and people AOS you regardless if it supports you or not, so what’s the purpose of that part,

6 hours ago, Logicless said:

Im not here to argue. I don't care if the server is "serious" or "semi-serious" its still for roleplay. 

Idk about the PT for leaning on a military base, its just a possible example. Sitting on second story railings could lead to injury, and if a company/government program (ex. the military) doesn't disallow it, they could be sued or something stupid like that. A real life example is back in my highschool we had a reinfirced glass railing with metal mesh on the other side of it overlooking our commons. Kid jumped off and tried to sue bc the school didnt have safety precautions, however its a highly enforced rule not to even lean on the railings. You said it has no reason, so theres a reason for you. 

So what do these examples have to do with anything? No one is going to do Ima sue you RP because I fell off a railing, I don’t understand your point here with these real life examples.

Edited by Piff

spacer.png

Like most I say these rules actually need yo be enforced more not removes or changed so you can do what you want.

I am someone who enjoys the more serious elements and I dont want to see people do dumb shit.

Also how is not sitting or standing on something that doesn't support your weight vague. Like use IRL examples, would you sit on a light fixing or be able to reasonably stand on a few centimetres ledge.

Same with disrespect. The only people who can be reasonably rude are those with lore, which is some BCMDs, a decent amount of SOBDE, some Jedi and some Naval. As BH but thats just a different kettle of fish.

• Agree 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Oh boy, it's another semi-serious / serious RP debate...

I'll +1 this, as most people I see on the server already speak OOC pretty much anywhere when nothing is going on and that seems to be what they enjoy- and the railing thing is pretty dumb. Even if it makes sense, it really doesn't matter. The server is always going to be more fun to more people if it's more laid back, and if you want to do serious roleplay with your buddies- you're more than welcome to. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Forum Admin

Maybe if it was just the OOC rule, but the rest of them should stay in place.

Also in terms of disrespect, I have rarely have ever seen a case in which disrespect was wrongly AOS'd for. If the AOSer was incorrect /or blatantly false in thinking that it is disrespect, TG or Staff will false it or release them once arrested. 

Edited by Guac

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Hey Piff, a bit of clarification on why some of the rules are worded the way the are.

Both rule 4 and 11 have to be broad and nonspecific so that it can be applied to instances of it. These are called “blanket rules”

ex: disrespect is non specific cause there’s multiple forms of disrespect and by being too specific someone could weasel their way out of a punishment. 

Or with the don’t sit on anything that couldn’t support your weight, no director or HA wants to get an up to date tab on every single prop that clones can’t sit on because it’s a large amount of effort for something that ultimately doesn’t improve things.

the issue with most of our rules isn’t the rules themselves but rather that the player base has to decide to enforce them through AOS.

this is gonna be a -1 from me, the rules you listed are fine as is.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance:

• Management
Management

RailRP 

Also like fr if you in a small group of people by yourself away from RP I don’t think anyone there is gonna care if you talk out of character. It’s such a minor rule

Edited by Marvel
  • Agree 4

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• 1 month later...

Since the rules have been completely changed since then. Im going to deny this. However if any of this still applies, please feel free to resubmit this.

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management