Clone RSM and SMA

Willyworm1

Name: Willy

RP Rank: Commander

Suggestion: Add the two ranks Regimental Sergeant Major and Sergeant Major of The Army to the server for the Regimental Commanders and the Marshal Commander. They would be an NCO for their respective commander and would assist their commander with their job. They would not outrank an officer, but they represent commanders and would be able to enter areas that RCMD+ would.

Implementation: Just add these two into the rank structure at the top of the NCO ranks above CSM. They would just be on CT unless RCMDs+ want them to have a specially allocated new job. each RCMD+ would get one, and unless the RSM/SMA gets in trouble and demoted, they don't get a new one.

Lore: None

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regimental_sergeant_major

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant_Major_of_the_Army

Other: I asked one RCMD, and they liked the idea. If anyone really wants it to have a job slot then I will add it. If you guys don't like it, it's fine, this is a spitball to see what the community thinks.

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

• Management
Management

Reminds me of all the weirdos that were on CT with Secretary in their name. Idk I'm just not a fan of the idea.

There's already a good chunk of ranks already on the server and the names and abbreviations of these ranks are a bit whack imho, no offense.

One of the few jobs that Regimental Commanders have is representing their commanders. It sounds like these "ranks" would just take one of the very few things RCMD's have.

Edited by Marvel
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Could you provide more detail regarding what specifically these people will be doing? Will they be monitoring the battalions and setting up trainings, helping with docs, etc? 

Also, what do you envision the implementation of this would be like? Who would be holding these positions, and what incentive would they have to hold the position? Would there be an application process like with RCMDs? 

I predict some potential for abuse of power if these positions are selected for and have excessive power. On the other hand, if they are given too little responsibility, the need for this role diminishes considerably. 

Edit: +1 after Willy's response; might as well give this a try. Maybe this will allow regimental commanders to share their burden and as a result become more productive. 

Edited by Harsh

Current: Nothing

Former: 212th Kenobi | 21st Mundi | 212th CPT Boil | Jaing Skirata | Kal Skirata REGL CMD Harsh Omega EOD Darman Grey RC CMD Harsh | Niner Ordo |

26 minutes ago, Brace said:

Honestly a cool concept, but what would their specific duties be?

20 minutes ago, Harsh said:

Could you provide more detail regarding what specifically these people will be doing? Will they be monitoring the battalions and setting up trainings, helping with docs, etc? 

Also, what do you envision the implementation of this would be like? Who would be holding these positions, and what incentive would they have to hold the position? Would there be an application process like with RCMDs? 

I predict some potential for abuse of power if these positions are selected for and have excessive power. On the other hand, if they are given too little responsibility, the need for this role diminishes considerably. 

Honestly, their duties would depend on the commander they are paired with. I know for a fact that RCMDs+ aren't always on or need help with getting the ball rolling for their battalions, so they can help people with things when their commander is offline and give them a hand with their workload. I would say that the there would have to a form of application give to the high command and they simply vote on it, this way the RCMDs have say on who they will be working with, but they don't just pick their friend. There wouldn't be incentive in terms of a job added to the server with benefits or a higher pay, as the pay would be incentive to just afk on the job and not actually help.

29 minutes ago, Marvel said:

the names and abbreviations of these ranks are a bit whack imho, no offense.

None taken, the rank abbreviations are real ones used, and the main reason I suggested this titles is because they best match the RCMD and MCMD

24 minutes ago, Techno101100 said:

so more guys doing nothing ok 

Good point, but the only way we make sure people aren't doing nothing is by breaking the chain ourselves

Thank you all for your constructive criticism so far, this is what I was looking for.

• Winner 1
  • Informative 1
  • Friendly 1

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

Forum Admin

I don't feel like this would be useful or necessary imo. This would simply detract from the responsibilities and purposes of the RCMD. If you want to RP with a REG and be their "assistant" than hop on civi and change ya name. 

-1 for me until I see a convincing argument that portrays a use for these people.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

I don't think it's needed at this time. It's gonna be a -1 from me

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

-1, sounds like a position that will be rife with nepotism. This adds so much confusion and needlessness to the equation. We picked the regimental cause they're good now they get to pick some random dude to "do their job" for them? 

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

On 1/14/2021 at 6:52 PM, Marvel said:

Reminds me of all the weirdos that were on CT with Secretary in their name.

Pfft who would have ever done that....

-1, honestly not needed. Ranks are already arbitrary as it is and have no "real" meaning except for a select few. So adding more to the pile of redundancy is well, redundant.

• Pay Respect 1

So someone’s friend on the server but with a rank, this ain’t it chief if a RCMD needs help they can ask one of the others

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

I'm actually not entirely opposed. When @Qalwas MCMD in 2019 during jania and endor, We investigated the possibility of adding in a high command NCO job that would assist in all training operations for all battalions or something like that. The official designation was "Clone Drill Sergeant" but unfortunately people were not keen on the idea of a Sergeant being in high command position as an NCO and it looked like Favoritism. Don't think you are going for exactly this but a step in some kind of direction like this as you are wanting it to be attached to a RCMD with permissions like em as far as going to places.

i'd say -1 for now till you can come up with something more concrete. I like the "breaking the chain" thing i do, but in this current state i'd say not right now.

spacer.png

I thank everyone for their input on the idea, a lot of you made good points, and this was mainly to see what the community thinks of it.

With that being said, I will VOID this suggestion due to the quality feedback provide.

Thank you all once again for your time.

@Fizzik@Naffen@Crimson@Sinister@Bud@Fyi if one of you could lock this for me and send it to the great beyond, I would appreciate it.

• Winner 1

spacer.png