[Accepted] [CW] Cornwell's Ban Appeal

Acorn2985

Name: Cornwell

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:178828266

Ban Reason: Harassment of a Community Member/ Toxicity

Date of Ban: 2/23/2020

Length of Ban: Permanently Banned

Staff Member(s) Involved: Chambers and someone else but I cannot remember.

The Story: The Date was 2/23/2020, I had returned to play Garry’s Mod after a long break and was sitting in the DU main TS channel. An Individual by the name of Ghoul was online. Some back story for Ghoul before we continue. My first interaction with him was when I had just joined Dooms Unit in July of 2018. At this time Ghoul was the Battalion Commander. I quickly came to enjoy being around him as he was a funny individual who always made people laugh. That is if you were not CG, except for a few occasions (He was known to be a huge minge). Ghoul and I began to grow closer as I climbed the ranks with me eventually becoming his XO before he resigned from Doom and I took over. We always had a relationship that some may call Toxic, we were two individuals who would join channels and call each other things that if said on server would most likely get you banned on the spot for a couple of days or more. We had that since of humor that unless you were friends would be very offensive (If anyone was there at the time and would like to explain their view on what he was like comedically please do). Now back to the main story, Ghoul was in the DU office with the Commander Doom at the time and the XO, if there were more individuals I forget. Me being a naturally nosey person (not a good trait) would always poke people and ask what they were talking about and this scenario was no exception. I poked Ghoul and asked him what they were talking about in the Office. I sat and waited about 2 min with no response, so I gave up. It was at this time I was pulled into the office. At the time, the current Doom and his XO, who I will not name in hope to not start drama, were known to not like me very much due to a lot of bad blood in the past. When I got pulled in, I was immediately met by anger. Commander Doom began yelling at me about how it was none of my business what was being said in the channel and that I was in a sense a nobody and I was just a nuisance for the DU High Command and that no one liked me. The whole part about what was being said I will admit was true, but the rest seemed very uncalled for. We went back and forth arguing and eventually I left the channel. I sat in the main channel and thought to myself wait a second how did he even know that I was wondering what was happening in the channel. I realized Ghoul must have said something about my poke. I messaged Ghoul and said “Snitch, Snitches get stitches and end up in ditches” as a meme since I had asked him about wanting to start a mafia.

JF0AG9VL1IMBFvLU8XwIjJ8CG8BWWE5uwJicBog0QVzgStqKT196ljbP9QavLHcHsrrsqZi8i1M3w5BwEULG2FAFNaycVFdCx471ryp99RBqwKQ4EZUNbjpbqXZVWBsGYdBTnqqO

In hindsight probably would have been a terrible idea but I had just watched God Father, so I was so into mafia stuff at the time. But back to what happened, being that Ghoul and I has known each other for so long I knew things that had become personal memes throughout our time. I said to Ghoul “I can’t believe you snitched, you bitch I’m going to send Bruiser and Raider to your house”. Now before I explain everything, I know what I said seems awful and I completely agree it was dumb and easily the dumbest thing I have ever done. Now to explain some context. Bruiser was an individual who was in DU during Ghouls term and mine and was known in the community as a minge and a squeaker. In my previous appeal where I was unable to respond due to being banned from the forums at the time people claimed I knew that Ghoul and Bruiser and Raider all lived close to each other and I knew their addresses or something along those lines. This is just completely false in the fact that I have zero idea where Ghoul lived at the time as it is to my knowledge he moved (I know this because I messaged him in May of 2020 and said he was moving), while I do know what state Bruiser lives in since we are friends. The other individual in question was Raider, this individual was also in Dooms Unit during Ghouls term and my own term eventually being perm blacklisted from DU by me. He was what most would call a basket case, he was always annoying for any person in DU high command due to always complaining about everything and just editing docs without anyone asking him or telling him to. Anyone who was around at the time could tell you have funny of a meme this is. While I sent this as a joke to Ghoul trying to meme, I guess he took it seriously and due to this reported me for my comment. I was pulled into a channel by one of the directors at the time and he began talking to me about what I had poked Ghoul with. I began explaining how it was just a meme and a joke but by this point it was too late, Chambers joined the channel and I got perm banned on the spot.

Apology: Within seconds of everything beginning I knew I had fucked up hard. I was unable to apologize to Ghoul for what I had said in person due to being banned from the TS before being given an opportunity to say sorry. I immediately Messaged Ghoul on Discord apologizing for my mistake and I truly was crushed from what had happened, I was kicked out of a community I went to when I wanted to have fun and was devastated by this but more so I was heartbroken in the fact that I had lost one of my best online friends. While some may say that what I did is fucked up and unforgivable I truly am sorry for what I did. I attempted many times to speak to Ghoul so I could have a voice-to-voice conversation and directly apologize for what I had done but I was unable to ever get this done. I did get back in contact with ghoul in May of 2020 (3 months after the incident) and we had a short conversation about life. A lot of time has passed since this. I have had even more time to see just how much of a mistake I made, what I said should have never been said and I regret it all the time and always think how everything would have been if I had never said what I said. I understand if the community feels the same way that they did the last time I appealed however I hope maybe this full story of the incident will make some people understand what truly happened and how what I said was never meant to be taken seriously but to be a joke between two people who were long time friends. 

If there are any questions about any details you believe I left out please ask and I will give all the info I can remember about the exact details. I have tried appealing before but could not post it on my account due to being banned from the forums at the time, in this appeal many people commented with false information that I was unable to talk about, so please do not look at the comments on that appeal for information regarding the event or if you do please bring up the facts so I can tell you if they are true or if there are missing pieces. 

• Agree 1

+1 You might have done some toxic things in the past but I feel like you have changed. Since the server is changing, I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. Hopefully you can come back to the server and regain past friendships with people and fix your wrong doings.

• Agree 1

+1 This KID meant nothing bad against Ghoul and it was just a big misunderstanding. I fell that he needs a second chance on this server , Cornwell was a very charismatic face in the community. He is a great person to be around. For those reasons I think he should be unbanned.  Also I grew up loser :DERPPERS: .

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

+1 new year, time for second chances 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Developer

I'd like to hear from the affected party in this ban before I place a vote. 

• Agree 1

-1 you said you were going to find ghouls address and send someone there stay gone 

• Agree 3
  • Confused 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

To add to my appeal I would like to mention that I never stated that I would try and find Ghouls address this I can 100% confirm, that's some psychotic shit. Plus I have zero idea of how to even find a persons address. This is an addition to my appeal as I believe there is misinformation being spread about this scenario seeing as everything that was said between Ghoul and me was on pokes I also do not see how individuals could know exactly what I said unless there are screen shots of this encounter. If there are screen shots please post as I don't have them. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Retired Founder
16 hours ago, Acorn2985 said:

I said to Ghoul “I can’t believe you snitched, you bitch I’m going to send Bruiser and Raider to your house”.

15 hours ago, Acorn2985 said:

I also do not see how individuals could know exactly what I said unless there are screen shots of this encounter.

There were screenshots of these back when this happened roughly, but I am not able to find them as it has been a long time. The line above was brought up with Screenshots from Ghoul to myself as Specialized Regimental Commander (at the time) & was handled by Chambers as Management at the time. Ghoul felt personally threatened from this statement and informed us that Ghoul never actually joined in with or saw Cornwell's messages that were intended as "jokes" as anything more than targetted insults and harassment. On top of this, Bruiser and Raider had bad blood with Ghoul also, which as he told us, made him scared for his life.

It seems you've covered this quite well from your perspective and for that I'm happy. I'd like Ghoul to reply or message me to confirm the apology (as it was over voice) and ensure that everyone's moved on from the situation. :)

• Agree 1
13 hours ago, Forseen said:

There were screenshots of these back when this happened roughly around March 2019, but I am not able to find them as it has been a long time. The line above was brought up with Screenshots from Ghoul to myself as Specialized Regimental Commander (at the time) & was handled by Chambers as the Director at the time. Ghoul felt personally threatened from this statement and informed us that Ghoul never actually joined in with or saw Cornwell's messages that were intended as "jokes" as anything more than targetted insults and harassment. On top of this, Bruiser and Raider had bad blood with Ghoul also, which as he told us, made him scared for his life.

It seems you've covered this quite well from your perspective and for that I'm happy. I'd like Ghoul to reply or message me to confirm the apology (as it was over voice) and ensure that everyone's moved on from the situation. :)

Hey Forseen, I'm just going to add more information since I am involved in this. Ghoul and I never had any bad blood whatso ever. We were actually friends and played games together. We stopped talking after I left the server. Raider may be a different story. 

• Informative 1

Just like with logic's ban appeal. I'm all for second chances with the community trying to turn over a new leaf. Even forseen states it was a long time ago. As much as I'd also like to see ghoul's input on this I feel you recognized the situation as a whole and gave a lot of details on your side of it. If I remember it was stated that you a ghoul had talked afterwards and ended up forgiving each other kind of deal. I might be mistaken. 

It's a new year with a lot of changes. If your just trying to reconnect with people good on you just be mindful where you step.

+1

spacer.png

An addition to my appeal here is 2 screen shots of discord PM's the first is me sending apologies to Ghoul for what I had done the day that everything occurred as well as a short message back and forth between Ghoul and myself 3 months after the event occurred to show that we did get back in contact for a short period of time. I have not talked to him since the messages in May. 

xuztVioJLwAjU1nf0XRhQm42Z1imijRdHfdw5hQi2OVepl1NL1yo7yeBo9e8rqA6lTs7EJRS1c6uBGKzWZmsLEsK6_V3ANXZDdCt_XTLuekI7iovU4kzF14F866Pk_UzW0mw5Vc-

5zIZXkBd5Nm-RL_FZuJjEg26-_PcWg4M_issb1fKQp2WivqD-VKDQYnR8JKXkYy9wcY4PDXudsmtSWQewFxncsNtOSorWSJCNYGHOr-ghULcP1iDzZgQgFZm7kic9oCcSqWQzuK8

I hope these screenshots are helpful in some way. Also if anybody is currently in contact with Ghoul I would very much appreciate if you could see if he would come and give his side of the story as well as he is obviously a huge part of this entire situation. I know he hasn't been on the server in a very long time so I don't know if anyone is still in contact with him but if you are please send this his way so he can reply with his side. 

+1, you deserve a second chance, good luck

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

I am getting tangled a bit here, Forseen says 2 guys, the one guy responds and says that he was not involved, apparent threats which we cannot find and have to trust one party, people saying that he actually was involved in a big misunderstanding, like I am not trusting anyone with this, for me right now it seems sketchy
I am waiting until more replies ( which clarify things ) to pop up so I can edit this and vote.

Post-replies: I literally cannot make a decision whether to +1 it or -1, sorry

Edited by Cutlaw
  • Retired Founder
51 minutes ago, Cutlaw said:

I am getting tangled a bit here, Forseen says 2 guys, the one guy responds and says that he was not involved, apparent threats which we cannot find and have to trust one party, people saying that he actually was involved in a big misunderstanding, like I am not trusting anyone with this, for me right now it seems sketchy
I am waiting until more replies ( which clarify things ) to pop up so I can edit this and vote.

Allow me to clarify.

Cornwell (the guy appeal) said;

19 hours ago, Acorn2985 said:

I said to Ghoul “I can’t believe you snitched, you bitch I’m going to send Bruiser and Raider to your house”.

Forseen (me) said;

16 hours ago, Forseen said:

On top of this, Bruiser and Raider had bad blood with Ghoul also, which as he told us, made him scared for his life.

Bruiser (the guy involved);

2 hours ago, Bruiser1189 said:

Ghoul and I never had any bad blood whatso ever. We were actually friends and played games together.

Which clarified my point of saying that him and Ghoul had bad blood between them. All parties are in agreeance that the comment made was about sending two individuals to someone's house.

I remember the situation when it happened, I believe Cornwell was saying that it was meant to be a joke as that's how they usually joke around, however Ghoul said they've never joked around like that in the past and multiple witnesses saying that they didn't joke around like that. At the end of the day, Cornwell crossed a line by saying he was going to send people to his house, one of those (Raider) had bad blood with the person in question, and the ban was issued for Player Harassment and a Real Life Threat. Whilst this is something that would usually get people on the no fly list, the appeal is here to gather the communities thoughts on this player being allowed back within the community after such a severe offence. It is very possible that it was a misunderstanding at the time & Ghoul didn't see it as a joke where Cornwell did.

I'm hoping that what Cornwell said was true and that they have made amens, I have personally messaged Ghoul and am awaiting a response and will post here if I receive one from him. However, the community can decide their personal thoughts on the situation that happened and whether or not they feel Cornwell still has a place in the community.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2
  • Friendly 1

+1 Why only take 1 when you could have the whole stalk? Little corn joke. Ha. Get it?

• Funny 2

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

@Forseen

Did Ghoul ever get back to staff on Cornwell's previous ban appeal? Also on that old ban appeal, some individuals pointed out that one of the individuals (Raider I believe) had a list of emails and IP addresses, and lived in the same state as Ghoul. Is that of any concern?

• Informative 1

The guy who got drunk and pretended to be a vacuum for an hour

24 minutes ago, Merrill said:

@Forseen

Did Ghoul ever get back to staff on Cornwell's previous ban appeal? Also on that old ban appeal, some individuals pointed out that one of the individuals (Raider I believe) had a list of emails and IP addresses, and lived in the same state as Ghoul. Is that of any concern?

To my knowledge Raider didn’t have any people IP’s I believe this was mistaken for someone named Oreos who was a little off his rockers. Also people stated I knew that they lived in the same state however I don know where Ghoul lives and certainly not Raider as the last night one I spoke to him was when I was Doom and I Perm Blacklisted him from the battalion for insubordination and being an absolute headache for everyone. I hope this helps if you need any more info please ask.

• Informative 1

+1, Cornwell and I didn't interact much on the server, and I do not know the situation. But we have been friends for about a year now and let me tell you the way he is. Hes a big meme, he says goofy things that makes everyone in the channel laugh, and he has a dark sense of humor. Hes also genuine, I don't think I have ever heard cornwell lie (outside of among us in which hes a very bad liar) and when I asked him exactly how his ban went down, he seems to truly regret his actions, whether at the time it was a meme or not, as that cannot be determined without input from the other party, who has lost interest in this community. Honestly, if the community is okay with giving me a second chance, then give him a second chance. See you on the otherside Cornwell

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

19 hours ago, Acorn2985 said:

To my knowledge Raider didn’t have any people IP’s I believe this was mistaken for someone named Oreos who was a little off his rockers. Also people stated I knew that they lived in the same state however I don know where Ghoul lives and certainly not Raider as the last night one I spoke to him was when I was Doom and I Perm Blacklisted him from the battalion for insubordination and being an absolute headache for everyone. I hope this helps if you need any more info please ask.

Not sure about Raider but I know for sure that Oreos was off his rocker, I had heard he was collecting IP's and emails of people to dox them and when confronted he basically admitted it, had to send the man a cease and desist.

I know Raider was apart of Oreos wierd circle jerk so entirely possible he had the same list. 

Edited by Chambers

+1 if they're "cool" now then whats the problem. ok he said a joke that got him banned, we have all said a joke atleast once that if the wrong people heard it we would be banned just like him.

Might as well just add him to the people that got unbanned. Half of them came back and did the same exact shit, so atleast we know he wouldnt be one of those people since hes on a baby short ass leash this time.

the Darman Keller guy

On 1/4/2021 at 2:08 PM, Chambers said:

Not sure about Raider but I know for sure that Oreos was off his rocker, I had heard he was collecting IP's and emails of people to dox them and when confronted he basically admitted it, had to send the man a cease and desist.

I know Raider was apart of Oreos wierd circle jerk so entirely possible he had the same list. 

In the last couple years I had an encounter with Oreo on another server, Oreo was Fox or something and was trying to get Director or something and started the IP thing again. No sign of raider or any of his other pals, so it could be a safe assumption they weren't close enough to share a list like that.

Oreo do be a scary dude...

Bruiser despises Oreo so definitely wouldn't have such information. 

Edited by Logicless

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.