Gret's Fox Re-Application

Steam Name: Gret Briddlehide

RP Name: Battalion Commander Fox

Steam ID (SteamID Finder): STEAM_0:1:146566374

Battalion or squad you are applying for: Coruscant Guard Battalion Commander Fox

How many terms you've held the position?: 1

Why do you wish to maintain this position?: A mothers work is never done. I can do one more term to get the battalion squared away before I am ready to call it quits. The high command is in a much more stable position now, but still incomplete in its current state. That and the projects I have started aren't finished quite yet.

Current availability: At current moment, I am fully available in afternoons or late at night 1-12 PM PST, but that might soon change with College coming up. I am not one of those people who stresses about timing and such, but I don't want to suffer so I think I'll be on afternoons 12-5 PM PST. I am always accessible either by Discord or in Teamspeak.

What have you achieved within your battalion/squad during your past term?: 

Stabilizing the Officer Corp. Back in the beginning of my term, there were only two "active" officers and 3 total. It has improved since up to 4 active officers and 7 total. I have been carefully examining the people in running for officer positions and promoting them accordingly. Throughout my term there have been about a dozen people who get to CSM, and then stop because they can't show any officer material. Bad leadership, power hunger, situational bias, bad attitudes. They may have been good NCO's to get to that point, but not the cut to be a leader of others.

Reworking the Tracker Branch within CG to be Most Wanted Manhunters. The evolution of Trackers over a long period of time brought them to a more text RP oriented branch, which people quickly lost interest in. Not saying all text RP is bad, but the tracking RP without any practical applications was extremely stale. So I shook things up and began the talks about manhunting. The timing with the bounty hunter most wanted list coming out and the idea for manhunting was great, because it allowed me to build it off of a basis, the hunting of Most Wanted individuals. Now I have given Trackers a practical use of RP by having them talk and interact with Bounty Hunters on the server, fulfilling their role and RPing as Military Police.

Reworking the Pilot Branch within CG to be an Airborne Combat role. When I got Fox, pilots had 0 occupants. Nobody was interesting in being a taxi man, so I shook things up. Now it is up to 4 occupants that are excited to be an Airborne Combat trooper. An Airborne Trooper in CG is a pilot who has training in LAAT hot-drops, paradropping, and small force tactics behind enemy lines. This is basically a hybrid role between flying ships and being a ground trooper in the best way possible combining Air and Ground tactics.

Bringing CG numbers back around from the brink at the beginning of my term. Back when I came back to the battalion, it went all the way down to 12 active members and a consistent 1-4 on server. Now we are at a stable 24 active people with quite a few still on LOA or ROA for the season and a consistent 2-9 on the server everyday.

!! These past few weeks many people, up to 80% of the battalion, went on LOA and ROA for Christmas and festivities. There is nothing to be done about that without violating one of the unalienable rights of the United States, the pursuit of happiness. Some people might do it, but I won't. !!

Leading from the front, keeping rules enforced both in CG and on the server fairly, and being available to talk about rules and disputes. I have had a great many meetings with people, whether they be about rule disputes, rule revisions, arrests, or battalion related. I have always been open to talking about things, but perhaps what my biggest quirk is that I have a core principle that the decisions I make are the decisions that I should be making. Convincing me to change my mind rarely works and my failures should be a result from the decisions I made alone, not because of other people pressuring me to do something. In shorter words, I believe decisions should be made based from your intuition, not others, especially when it comes to leadership. I believe in my own ability to run a battalion, make my own decisions, and make my own failures which I learn from. Many people dislike this way of thinking but it is my own.

What improvements or changes do you plan on making within your battalion/squad?:

Finally piecing together the final parts of the CG High Command. We have two people in the running for CMD spots. If they keep active and doing good work, they will get there. Once I have secured the basis for the command structure, I can then search for a good XO.

Seeing the changes to the branches through to completion. I have begun the work on them, now I want to see it done right all the way through so people can enjoy the finished product. There are only a few things left to do before they are finished and once those are done I can work on new issues that arise or have arisen. I have people working on both docs and ideas, earning themselves good merit.

Governing the battalion well and overseeing the future of the battalion. Pretty simple with making sure things run smoothly and keeping people doing their jobs. I am always open if you want to report someone for not doing their job, talk about things, or discuss rules and regulations. I will continue to do my work until I can safely say the battalion is in a safe position, leaving it in capable and trustworthy hands so that I don't have to come back to it being in a decayed state again.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes.

As always, be civil. If there are some things I am missing or need to clarify, let me know in a polite manner.

• Agree 1

+1, We may not see eye to eye on everything but I can't deny you are a good BCMD and only want what's best for the battalion. Good luck!

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

+1 Cool dude, no reason not to.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1

Air Borne Combat Branch sounds epic ngl. Good Luck.

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

+1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview

Please contact one of the Server Directors to organise your interview before 01/02/2021 or your application will be DENIED

// Locked

// moved to Commander Applications - Pending

• Winner 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management