[Directors] PVP Sims

Life-

Name: Life

RP Rank: 1SG

Suggestion: Bring back PVP Sims

Implementation: ^^ Bring back PVP simulations, in down time people would like to do stuff other then running around, it was a thing of the past and I was told it got removed because Jedi used it to grind Levels. I dont think a few bad apples should be the reason that activity in down time is greatly reduced. I think this would greatly help improve activity in down time, since there are not many Events in down time anymore

Lore: N/A

Edited by Life-
  • Retired Founder

It wasn't removed due to some people abusing it. It was removed, because a 10 minute FFA sim can see someone gaining enough experience to go from level 1-20 in the jedi leveling system. By reducing the amount of exp gained from player kills, it will make Jedi dueling pointless. @Andrews @XGears & @Zim can shed some light on this.

21 minutes ago, Forseen said:

It wasn't removed due to some people abusing it. It was removed, because a 10 minute FFA sim can see someone gaining enough experience to go from level 1-20 in the jedi leveling system. By reducing the amount of exp gained from player kills, it will make Jedi dueling pointless. @Andrews @XGears & @Zim can shed some light on this.

Alright, even then I think it should be brought back.

I mean there must be a way to restrict level up to specific jobs no?

Edited by Life-
  • Friendly 1

Man is people getting a decent level in the jedi system really that big of a deal? Like why not let people get it. Fucking 1-20 isn't a big deal you can afk for a couple hours and get it meditating. Balancing this shit to force people to AFK is dumb. It punishes people in multiple ways, first by punishing people that don't have jedi's because a system exists that they don't ever use. I am speaking for myself and a lot of other people that who if we have jedi's we just never go on them. Let us just have fun and don't penalize us. D
umb rule remove it keep XP gain the same. +1

• Agree 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Forseen is corrected in addition, it didn't help that one of our Perma Masters / a Senior Admin abused the XP leveling system a while back. I personally don't know the limitations of how much we can do to restrict leveling up, whether you earn XP in this situation or not depending on the circumstances etc. 

I do agree that there should be a boost to the amount of XP you get during a situation however, you aren't meant to get Level 100 within a week. Its suppose to take time and effort to get to that level. An idea that I have thought of, if you prestige maybe you get A increase on how much XP you gain.

The best way I found gaining XP is simply being on the server, participating in events, in trainings and fighting people. 

• Agree 1

I'm gonna +1 this. Reason being is basically everything another person has said. This rule doesn't affect half the server and makes it less active in downtime. Also leveling up isn't a big deal, a lot of people already got to level 100 so it really doesn't matter at this point

Edited by Darkk
Spelling ;-; typing on phone is hard ;-;
  • Agree 1

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

• Retired Founder
3 hours ago, Life- said:

Alright, even then I think it should be brought back.

I mean there must be a way to restrict level up to specific jobs no?

no

+1 who gives a flying fuck if people can add to their frag movie, “oH nO hE iS gOiNg To LeVeL tO fAsT” man shut the fuck up ain’t no one care I’d rather see more top level Jedi then 18 knights die to a Sith. 

Even with getting player kills the top levels still take ages to get through. 

• Agree 3

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

This is just my opinion on it:

- When the system was first introduced to the server,  Nobody cared about how fast people were getting levels.

- Before levels were removed because it was deemed by the community to be gated fun,   Nobody cared about how fast people were getting levels.

Suddenly,  It becomes an issue when ONE PERSON decides he wants to be a cunt and abuse his staff so he can see what prestige has because Founders/Directors just wanted people to explore the system?  The very same day that it was announced a rule would be put in place for FFAs,  People start calling out how fucking stupid it was and how in order to do lot of things with their battalion or the server, They would have to become staff themselves.

Don't get me started on duels either,  as I've constantly see people on whitelists with rockets just spam duels and normally the first one who shoots wins.  

but hey,  this isn't exploitative apparently?

I would love to see it back.    If you still want to have some rules to bar people from gaining XP like crazy,   Just bar people from dropping tacs near sims when it's active.

+1

Edited by Zensras
  • Agree 1

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

Dennis put it best. I'd rather people earn their Jedi levels in a FFA then have to meditate AFK all night for a week and half. +1 Who cares, it's much different than Scribbles spawning in almost enough droids to crash the server and killing them like a shit head.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

Seems only jedi care about Levels. And usually the ones that wanna stop fun for everyone else are the ones who are already level 100.

Why does your level matter, like bruh, it just stops people fully exploring a branch until they've endured their 1000th droid attack. 
If you really wanna get the levels "legit" then don't go to FFA sims. Pretty simple tbh

+1, just kills one of those always fun things for clones

Plus meditating is retarded and even more stupid. in an FFA you actually have to kill people and takes some level of skill it also practises your skills so there really is not an issue. 

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 4

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

• Coordinator
Coordinator

+1
Majority are clone mains 

• Agree 2

+1 It would be fun to have those back

• Agree 1

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

Forum Admin

+1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

• Retired Founder
On 6/16/2020 at 12:36 AM, Zensras said:

If you still want to have some rules to bar people from gaining XP like crazy,   Just bar people from dropping tacs near sims when it's active.

This is literally the rule... You can have FFA sims, it's fine. The ruling was, don't just have everyone running in constantly every 2 seconds. For example, a 30 second respawn timer or 1-life FFA until 1 person wins then restart. Both of those are allowed, but sitting there with a tac at the sim room door, running in and getting killed every 2 seconds is going to cause the guy killing you to skyrocket in level and hence why I made the rule for this.

There's no point in having the Jedi level system and allowing Jedi to have more freedom over their force abilities or utilising WiltOS to its full potential if we throw out the concept of leveling for progression all together when you can just sit in a sim room shooting rockets at 1-hit NPCs or using the 1-hit sniper to farm kills on people. Makes jedi system pointless.

• Informative 1

When you try to limit RDM in SIMs. Serious RP for ya. +1 I wanna wreck fools

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Forum Admin

+ 1 for all the reasons stated above

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• 2 weeks later...
Banned

+1 

+1, holy fucking shit I used to have so much fun in FFA's, but now the server is just fucking boring when there are no events happening. Only thing you can do in downtime is mess around, do a boring PVE training (Which is by your guys's logic is level farming, as you get a decent sum of XP from killing droids, so why not ban this?) and just go play different games as theres not much to do. Doing FFA's were so fun before this leveling system, I cant enjoy PvP like I used to.

• Retired Founder
1 hour ago, Ecetera said:

+1, holy fucking shit I used to have so much fun in FFA's, but now the server is just fucking boring when there are no events happening. Only thing you can do in downtime is mess around, do a boring PVE training (Which is by your guys's logic is level farming, as you get a decent sum of XP from killing droids, so why not ban this?) and just go play different games as theres not much to do. Doing FFA's were so fun before this leveling system, I cant enjoy PvP like I used to.

I swear people don't know how to read... PvE sims without objective are not allowed. FFA sims are allowed, but you have to incorporate some sort of respawn timer, or other mechancis to the sim rather than just run in an unlimited amount of times getting sniped by someone with an NT-242C and them gaining like 45 levels in an hour.

• Funny 2

This suggestion has been DENIED.

So, PVP sims are allowed, the only thing that is restricted is that you need to have some sort of timer for respawns. As long as you don't just have a sim where you run in immediately after getting killed you're fine. Also, cause some where asking about this, NPC sims are still allowed as long as you aren't spamming out low HP NPCs.

On a side note, these rules were put in place by Zim and them as he said earlier. And this is not a rule I can overturn as a director.
//Locked and Moved to Denied.

:NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance::NekoDance: