New Jedi needs some fixing

BobMcNob

Name: Xenon

RP Rank: WO

Suggestion: Since the new jedi update just a few days ago(Or was it yesturday?), the server has been clogged up with AFK jedi doing exp grinding. This really has destroyed a good portion of fun for many people, including myself because alot of the people that are jedi are high ranking admins that should be doing literally anything else, like events or helping deal with minge raids. Not only are the admins going afk, but people that could be active on the server and contributing to having a fun experiance are just sitting around doing fuck all. Here are some ideas for how we could fix this:

1) Reduce the amount of exp you gain from meditation, but increase the amount of exp you gain from killing enemies or duels. This would put less emphasis on going afk to grind for exp and more on being an active part of the server.

2) Make it so that if someone is afk on their Jedi for more than 1 hour that, without any questions ask, are kicked from the server by anyone Admin +. This would reduce the player count on the server which can allow people that want to play on the server get onto it, and would reduce the amount of AFK jedi.

Implementation: Just implement it in a rules update for the jedi. Put them into the jedi rules doc so everyone can easily read and follow them.

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

1. None of this has gone through the council or as far as I know, not even a single master. And masters are the ones who were in charge of most of the rules and EXP gain from different actions.

2. As annoying as it might be. The meditation is a huge part of gaining XP and shouldn't be nerfed. Jedi don't get to kill that many NPCs nor should they constantly be hunting event jobs. Which leaves the majority of XP gain to come through meditation. 

Rules are put into place when there is a need for them, for now I personally don't see any need for change.

unknown.png

4 minutes ago, Alec said:

1. None of this has gone through the council or as far as I know, not even a single master. And masters are the ones who were in charge of most of the rules and EXP gain from different actions.

2. As annoying as it might be. The meditation is a huge part of gaining XP and shouldn't be nerfed. Jedi don't get to kill that many NPCs nor should they constantly be hunting event jobs. Which leaves the majority of XP gain to come through meditation. 

Rules are put into place when there is a need for them, for now I personally don't see any need for change.

Furthermore, kicking someone for being afk shouldn't be done just for jedi. How is it fair that clones can AFK but jedi would be kicked after 1 hour? And if someone is AFK on their jedi, admin or not. They most likely would be afk anyway. So it wouldn't add any activity, just reduce playercount.

• Agree 1

unknown.png

McNob, you're mad. You just unleashed the salty might of the Jedi Council upon yourself. Now they're going to start typing essays on why they should oversaturate the server!

But nah there's no real harm in it other than people going straight inactive in their battalions. They'll be over it in a week and admins can still give them the big boot for server space.

• Funny 3

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

1 hour ago, BobMcNob said:

This really has destroyed a good portion of fun for many people, including myself because alot of the people that are jedi are high ranking admins that should be doing literally anything else, like events or helping deal with minge raids. Not only are the admins going afk, but people that could be active on the server and contributing to having a fun experiance are just sitting around doing fuck all.

As someone who has played Jedi for quite some time, not just on this server, but on other servers with Systems similar to the one we have now, let me explain something. The Reason why Jedi can AFK Meditate, is because without it,  we would be completely screwed. We start off, with no Skillpoints, no Stances, and Meditate, which prevents us from being capable of doing much more than Swing our Saber like a Dumbass. 

These first few days, will consist of people AFK Meditating, because people need to catch up to where they previously were. Before, everyone had all of the Stances readily available, as well as, a set amount of Force Powers depending on your Class. The Jedi System just came out, people are excited for it, especially high staff considering they've been working on it for Two Months if not longer. 

Make it so that if someone is afk on their Jedi for more than 1 hour that, without any questions ask, are kicked from the server by anyone Admin +. This would reduce the player count on the server which can allow people that want to play on the server get onto it, and would reduce the amount of AFK jedi.3

People have been kicking AFK Jedi during Primetime, however, if it's not Primetime, I don't believe you're allowed to kick. While Base Ops having a Rule to not be AFK while on the Job, this is because the Base Revolves around the Job itself. Without Base Ops, we lose an Important Structure of the Base, and if you're on the Job but not there, you're not doing much to help. Jedi however, aren't something the Base Revolves around, and while that doesn't mean they're not important, it's not like we're all sitting across the map in Packs of five. We have a Room designated, for AFK Meditation, like Bunks, this is a Safe place to AFK and not get Shot or Stabbed during an Event. 

While being AFK For Primetime is understandbly something that shouldn't happen, kicking any Jedi who are AFK for more than an Hour just seems like something that someone who doesn't like Jedi would do. 

Reduce the amount of exp you gain from meditation, but increase the amount of exp you gain from killing enemies or duels. This would put less emphasis on going afk to grind for exp and more on being an active part of the server.

This doesn't do much to help prove your point that it should happen, it actually hinders it to an extent. The higher your Level is, the longer it takes to get to it, in turn the Longer you'd have to AFK Meditate. Lowering the Flatrate XP for Meditation, makes more people need to Meditate, for longer peroids of time. While NPCs giving More XP Doesn't sound like a bad thing, this doesn't do much for the people who need it the most, given that Jedi aren't supposed to just lay waste to everything in it's path. 

Personally, I'm a Consular, a Branch of Jedi extremely Force Based, that doesn't see nearly as much combat as we do wounded allies,with an Aspiration for Civilized Diplomacy. Compared to Jedi, we often hang back unless we don't have a choice, and more often than not, we're going to either be Deflecting Shots or Healing those that got shot. I haven't seen the Skill trees yet, but from past experience, I guarantee you, it'll be a pain in the ass to just get force heal. 

mplementation: Just implement it in a rules update for the jedi. Put them into the jedi rules doc so everyone can easily read and follow them.

With an Update this heavily focused on Jedi, there's bound to be changes to rules inbound, with some even already in play. However the point of  having Jedi Rules and Regulation is to keep our Enjoyment stable, as well as the enjoyment of others. While I understand it's going to be a slow couple days of missing Jedi, we'll be coming back in full force and large bursts. 

- - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -- - -- - --- ---- - -- -- -- -- - -- -- 

• Agree 1

Can confirm, Council did not approve of this suggestion being put up. Also the EXP gain for meditating is already really low. At the very least id like to limit it to Meditating Rooms. But if you have any concerns you can go through our Knight Suggestion Doc and we will discuss to next meeting. -1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

When the council people be saying "can confirm he did not get permission".

I guess  that as he put bloody WO as his rank and the fact his suggestions was a tad mad.

AFK grinding is annoying but people want to get to max so they can be better than other people and or the same, I don't know entirely what each level does (i hope for for it doesn't make jedi fucking gods by the end or allows all jedi to do a mini Kyber slam cos then fuck all event jobs) but people want new things. We had people AFKing for days for money, this is just the same but *insert new reason here*.

If it was a short like hour per level, everyone would be max straight away and they might as well not have level. Maybe droid or kills should be worth more but eh, they would just do both anyway.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

AFK grinding is annoying but people want to get to max so they can be better than other people and or the same, I don't know entirely what each level does (i hope for for it doesn't make jedi fucking gods by the end or allows all jedi to do a mini Kyber slam cos then fuck all event jobs) but people want new things. We had people AFKing for days for money, this is just the same but *insert new reason here*.

So, for the branch trees, only 2 Trees have really big ones, Guardians have head splitter which only brutes can use and Sages have Diamond Storm, which is already limited to 10 Sages Max

• Informative 2

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

-1 The council didnt approve of this.

@BobMcNob Please go though council first next time <3

Edited by Elijah

Current:  Retried

Past: 2Del, x10Boomer, x3Anakin , x2Eeth Koth, Lumi, Quinlan, Adi, x2Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, 501st CMD, 91st CMD, Kano, Hawk, 2xAppo

Banned

The council apparently approved it. But if admins aren't doing encounters and events thats on them not on the jedi. The new system was put in place the revitalize it and so far its working. Let breath before cutting its head -1 

• Retired Founder
9 hours ago, BobMcNob said:

1) Reduce the amount of exp you gain from meditation, but increase the amount of exp you gain from killing enemies or duels. This would put less emphasis on going afk to grind for exp and more on being an active part of the server.

We already did this. You get 450 experience for dualing and killing another player. You get 8 to sit there and meditate.

2) Make it so that if someone is afk on their Jedi for more than 1 hour that, without any questions ask, are kicked from the server by anyone Admin +. This would reduce the player count on the server which can allow people that want to play on the server get onto it, and would reduce the amount of AFK jedi.3

Why would we ever do this? This is a great way to boost your character and support the servers growth even when you need to step away. It's a win on both sides, for both players. 

As much as I understand you point, the people that are AFK would likely be afk regardless of the update. The difference being they would likely be offline the server which benefits no one.

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1
2 hours ago, Zim said:

We already did this. You get 450 experience for dualing and killing another player. You get 8 to sit there and meditate.

Why would we ever do this? This is a great way to boost your character and support the servers growth even when you need to step away. It's a win on both sides, for both players. 

As much as I understand you point, the people that are AFK would likely be afk regardless of the update. The difference being they would likely be offline the server which benefits no one.

See I dont fully agree with the Original posters post, I dont think meditation should be nerfed. However I have been testing to attempt to figure out what meditation gives you. Now that you've posted it, I do believe the XP for dueling should at-least be buffed. If its 8 XP/S for meditation, that means you have to win a spar in under 56 seconds or meditation would give more. Typical spars will last 1:30 to 3 Minutes. During this time you could gain so much more xp, for example if it is the 8XP/S( I was testing and thought it was 5XP/S) that means in these two time ranges you will gain somewhere between 720 XP - 1440 XP.

Now the reasoning I believe you should get more XP Sparring then you do meditating is that it encourages Activity in the server. You could use the argument "If someone wants a high level then there going to have to grind mediation". Well Most people are going to want that high level. I dont want a Fully AFK server, I would much rather have people sparring when ever they are on, instead of still using their PC however just having GMOD in the background as they cant play cause they need that mediation XP.

Like the other day I heard a padawan reluctant to spar as they wanted to remain one of the highest levels to spar. In order to be one of the best on the server, you have to sit in a room and refuse to actually do things that would mean you earned that level, IE PVE or PVP

PS: I dont know the value for how much NPCS give you but to all you reading this post, NPCS are best way to level so hopefully SA+'s will host more NPC sims. The reasoning for NPC's being the best is that they give like 1/3rd a Player Kill and are much faster to kill then Players. Can easily Kill 5-6 NPCS by the time you kill a player. Thus making PVE Much faster than meditation and PVP. Sooooooooo Get them SA+'s hosting NPC sims.

• Agree 1
  • Retired Founder
2 hours ago, Duck said:

See I dont fully agree with the Original posters post, I dont think meditation should be nerfed. However I have been testing to attempt to figure out what meditation gives you. Now that you've posted it, I do believe the XP for dueling should at-least be buffed. If its 8 XP/S for meditation, that means you have to win a spar in under 56 seconds or meditation would give more. Typical spars will last 1:30 to 3 Minutes. During this time you could gain so much more xp, for example if it is the 8XP/S( I was testing and thought it was 5XP/S) that means in these two time ranges you will gain somewhere between 720 XP - 1440 XP.

Now the reasoning I believe you should get more XP Sparring then you do meditating is that it encourages Activity in the server. You could use the argument "If someone wants a high level then there going to have to grind mediation". Well Most people are going to want that high level. I dont want a Fully AFK server, I would much rather have people sparring when ever they are on, instead of still using their PC however just having GMOD in the background as they cant play cause they need that mediation XP.

Like the other day I heard a padawan reluctant to spar as they wanted to remain one of the highest levels to spar. In order to be one of the best on the server, you have to sit in a room and refuse to actually do things that would mean you earned that level, IE PVE or PVP

PS: I dont know the value for how much NPCS give you but to all you reading this post, NPCS are best way to level so hopefully SA+'s will host more NPC sims. The reasoning for NPC's being the best is that they give like 1/3rd a Player Kill and are much faster to kill then Players. Can easily Kill 5-6 NPCS by the time you kill a player. Thus making PVE Much faster than meditation and PVP. Sooooooooo Get them SA+'s hosting NPC sims.

Oh hi duck.

I have looked into the meditation XP with Wynter / Windu already. Currently, you're right, based on average time of dual, the XP was low. I have since fixed this, [will be placed in next patch] so here is the basic rundown. Meditation will remain at 8 XP per 3 secounds, this is 1,440 XP per 3 minutes. 3 minutes is the average duel length time. The original request was to up dualing XP (player kill XP) to 1500, but I rather we encourage being active and playing to meditation, so I will be uping this to 1,750 XP per kill. Moving to NPC's, they don't provide almost any XP. We talked about this in original development, and I don't see a modification to this needed at this time. 

The reason for this is I don't want to allow clones to farm easy XP off of NPCs as I cannot disable XP gain on certain jobs. Council was okay and agreed. It's much easier to catch people level exploiting  with the two main options (meditation & dueling) then NPCs.  If requested this is upped, I can do so, but it will never be a huge sorce to prevent XP farm or abuse.

Hope this helps!

-1 if AFKing is an issue, just ask admins to kick AFKs

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

-1 everything about this hurts my head like A LOT :DERPPERS: 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic