Naval/Base Ops Event Jobs V2

Marvel

• Management
Management

Name: Marvel | Fixer

Suggestion: Make Base Ops into a Naval Event Job and have High Command and Republic Command run the base. (Republic Command are CMD+) keeping Admiral Yularen as a Senator type position controlled by Palpatine. Maybe Tarkin too!

Implementation: Removing Base Ops as a VIP faction and turning it into Naval Event Jobs for use during events.

The reason for doing so is because since switching to a base and turning them into Base Ops they have lost their appeal. They generally do similar stuff compared to when we were on a Venator and they were Naval but somehow it hasn't worked out. Base Ops has been going in circles with Admirals/Commanders doing little to nothing within their term or getting removed. (This is a perfect time for Bounty Hunters!)

MED and ENG trainings have been extinct due to people just going to their MEDOs or ENGOs within their Battalions for training.

Quartermaster has been MIA since I was a Director.

ATC is pretty rare due to the lack of flying in general so that could easily be handled by High Command.

Pilot Training is a perfect example of something that was to be remodeled by Base Ops and failed horribly and the scraps had to be taken up by High Command.

DEFCONs are called by BCMD+ already. This can be extended to battalion Officer whitelists maybe in the future?

PTLs/PTEs are handled by CPT+ and that works fine.

All these points above are things that Base Ops have handled since being on the server as Naval. Throughout their lifetime they may have had more responsibilities and such but these are their current ones which have been thoroughly neglected since their change to Base Ops.

I feel that making them Event Jobs would create some interesting passive roleplay on the server in events which have also been lacking as of late.

Now I do understand that people have paid money for Naval/Base Ops but it has been on a rapid decay for over half a year now and has already been wiped and restructured within that time frame and nothing has changed. Sadly I believe that Base Ops as of late has still added nothing to the server rather than hindering some battalions in how they operate with ATC, MED, ENG, and other little things and it may very well be time for it to go.

With Bounty Hunters hopefully rolling out anytime soon (please so help me god) that would be a sufficient enough replacement as a VIP faction.

• Funny 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Banned

+1 the rumored Grand Plan hasnt happened or maybe it did and it didnt fix anything

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

-1 How fucking dare you! The day I resign you want to make my job into an event job. What the hell is wrong with you. I did my best to make it active yet again! Medical is handled by CMO and the document, engineering handled by COE and training for ENG can only be done by BO only. QM was removed and made into the base training document the same with ATC, and cooking. No CPT+ has been willing to step up and go out of step to just take that position. I will not have the hard work of all the admirals before me thrown away because you want to make a suggestion like this AGAIN after being denied multiple times! And as far as my knowledge allowing high command take over piloting program and it is failing and I've been doing my best to help those PLTLs. A post like this again is just toxic! 

• Agree 7
  • Funny 2
  • Winner 1

-1 nah this ain't it chief 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Yeah,   I'm getting tired of this shit.    The moment bro resigns  you run off and put this up.        That's rude and disrespectful to the people who actually do work within Base Ops.      

You want a better idea?  Actually get us a venator map.

Edited by Zensras

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

-1 I have no clue why you decided to put this right after Bro's resignation. You should know that he tried his best and did a damn well job. Now we the next person to run and transition Base Ops in a good spot. Ill be blunt if you noticed problems from Base Ops many of the Past Yularen's have screwed stuff up. And solution is to turn it into a Event Job Battalion. Think of all the dedicated people in Base Ops and then they become Event Jobs. And then scratches off another thing they tried when they got VIP. If you don't notice it ENG has been doing great Same as MED. You got to know what the state of something is in for you to then try to take action. I have reach a senior officer spot in base ops. And I have noticed nothing wrong. I agree with some of your facts but sometimes even most of times Base Ops needs to support them. BCMD+ is very few people so we have Base Ops also call Defcon's. I see many PTL's/PTE's sit their when no Base Ops are on which CPT+ dont reply to. I'm just saying is that Base Ops has blossomed into something greater and you need to see what its also come to eternealy to make a suggestion like. I want this argument I made to be civil so please don't read it the wrong way.

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

Just now, Marvel said:

Quartermaster has been MIA since I was a Director.

Also QM went missing is because When naval/BO lost power to order people around for certain things.

God i remember the old times where Naval ordered every battalion one at a time down to the armory just to have weapon checkups and cleanings. And shock had to hunt down whoever was playing hookey. 

Quartermaster RP just disappeared. Honestly i think we just need a venator for thees guys to make an astounding return. 

Edited by Scribbles

Ok lol this is interesting, i will say its interesting to see BO state that no CPT+ grant and shit when they get pissy if we do when they randomly appear. And the engineer training being only held in BO was a stupid ass move, why do I even have a lead then if he can't do his own training? 

However I don't think moving them to event jobs is the answer. So -1 but it is a good meme.

• Agree 1

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

I love you Marvel I really do. And I stick by your decisions. I’ll give you the benefit of a doubt and say you didn’t do this in response of Bro resigning. 

But with all that said, I’m going to still -1 this. I play as much as I can to bring life to Base Ops, and the rebuild the ENG branch. And I don’t want that to go down the drain again. 

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

From what I can see Bro has been the best admiral in Base Ops since Essit. He hasn't reached that caliber yet but the main thing that let Essit down was having Skeeti as his next in line. This isn't the right time for this. Maybe this is the tactic of posting it so many times that it has to happen but whatever. If BO was to be removed and some dumbass took over MED I would get anxious.

Edited by BigZach
  • Agree 1

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

Head Admin

Interesting but -1 lol.

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

-1 I puts lots of hard work into BO when I was like the only BO on all the time as tarkin. Then got removed for inactivity lol and all my work was forgotten opps but yeah no. It has went downhill since carvis got removed but still dont remove em. Prephaps they're not as useful as they cant do anything in the BCC Like you could on endor, which we should go back to ;)

Edited by McFisher

Imagine Putting Your Old Ranks And Roles In Your Bio

I Went from Mas Amedda and VA to Blacklisted from every single thing except CT and Jedi :)

7 hours ago, Zensras said:

You want a better idea?  Actually get us a venator map.

I’m gonna -1 this post because i don’t think Naval should be removed. 

but if your attacking him for not finding your battalion a map so they can do work then that’s not his problem, if you want a Venator then step up and find one yourself

• Agree 1

As others have mentions, give back that power to Base Ops. They CONTROL the base. They should be able to tell people to do things, that's the whole point o them is to get troops and resources where they are needed.

• Agree 2

The guy who got drunk and pretended to be a vacuum for an hour

Just to address something I've noticed a lot of here; QM was intentionally disbanded as a branch and merged into the basic operative duties during Bountineer's term. The reason QM Roleplay happens so little these days is because Base Ops is no longer authorized to really order inspections of weapons, armor, or bunks. Though perhaps this will change in the future :)

I don't believe it is right to remove such a quality potential source of roleplay simply because regular troopers could assume the responsibilities of the battalion. I respect many of your ideas Marvel but I think you're just a bit too far off with this one. 

This is just offensive, Naval/Base Ops has tried so hard to stay afloat yet people always want to shit on the boat. We have 5 High command (not including Jedi) That is not enough to run a base. Allow Naval to live without them getting beat the fuck up. Them losing all their shit is no fault of their own it's up to staff, HC and Admirals. 

The issues in naval cannot be dealt with via removal it must be dealt via a good admiral and genuine leadership. We have been through rough times but Naval will prevail and not stand for borderline Slander.

Edited by Comics
  • Disagree 1
  • Friendly 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

*Warning opinion is being shared don't cry*

So everyone on this post is crying about "slander" and "give us power!" Well, yeah we gave you power naval and what happened?  Bossing people around  creating useless rules  not doing trainings.  We gave you power naval but your branch is just boring! sorry but its true. nothing special about it, just clicking buttons all day.  Marval is not dumb for suggesting this because the branch can't handle themselves.  Futhermore if you guys wanna improve your branch then stop running into combat with rifles! Navals would never rush into battle.  :) this was my opinion thanks for reading

• Funny 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Retired Founder
28 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

*Warning opinion is being shared don't cry*

So everyone on this post is crying about "slander" and "give us power!" Well, yeah we gave you power naval and what happened?  Bossing people around  creating useless rules  not doing trainings.  We gave you power naval but your branch is just boring! sorry but its true. nothing special about it, just clicking buttons all day.  Marval is not dumb for suggesting this because the branch can't handle themselves.  Futhermore if you guys wanna improve your branch then stop running into combat with rifles! Navals would never rush into battle.  :) this was my opinion thanks for reading

So what your saying is, I should become Admiral, wipe BO, turn it back into Naval and make them the best RP group on the entire server? 

bet

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

z5dGuiK.gif

-1 Base Ops is, for once, in a really good place. Throwing every unused faction into event job positions is not always the way to do it. Base Ops has been a part of the server for a very long time. regardless of whether they're activity has always been the best. Let them stay.

hi.

12 hours ago, Ron said:

I'd rather just see the return of Naval, removal of PTL/Pilot granting by officers, and restore their former glory as the GALACTIC REPUBLIC FLEET

YEEEEEET

this and giving them things like Tech training to do. I know 21st has ownership of this, but I feel like Base ops would be great to work with for the training. Especially after a wipe in the training. 

So I'm gonna have to -1, I feel like we should make them more of the "battalion" in charge of doing all of the trainings, not 21st. (no diss to gms tho)

-edit- I also gotta say, it has been improving since Bro, but the server itself has a lack of initiative when it comes to RP. The problem with that is that BO/Naval is generally revolved around RP. Bad Server RP = Bad BO. Like I said I feel like the RP aspect of BO is improving, but fresh ideas (or old but gold ideas!) need to be brought in to make the experience more enticing.

Edited by silvers
2 minutes ago, Alec said:

I'm not gonna +1 or -1. But imo BO would be so much more active if they had stuff to do, from what ive seen they just have to grant PTLs all day long 

Base Ops only exists as it's own entity if people actively attempt to RP with them. The main reason is because whenever stuff happens, people don't actually wait for what Base Ops says and just does what their highest rank thinks

hi.

1 minute ago, Fyi said:

Base Ops only exists as it's own entity if people actively attempt to RP with them. The main reason is because whenever stuff happens, people don't actually wait for what Base Ops says and just does what their highest rank thinks

Yeah, people need to RP with them, but RP in it self is low with people just wanting to shoot anything that moves. Most RP is usually just with prisoners or hostages..

unknown.png

Just now, Alec said:

but RP in it self is low with people just wanting to shoot anything that moves

Hi welcome to how to perform in an event.
Step 1. Eat Crayons
Step 2. Forget roleplay opportunities (and i don't mean Tech or EOD, genuine character to character RP)
Step 3. Shoot anything that isn't republic or a clone/jedi.
Step 4. In case of actually attempting roleplay, Hope Officers don't crush your balls by interrupting your RP by whipping out power-tripped cocks. 

Edited by Scribbles
  • Funny 3
3 hours ago, Scribbles said:

Hi welcome to how to perform in an event.
Step 1. Eat Crayons
Step 2. Forget roleplay opportunities (and i don't mean Tech or EOD, genuine character to character RP)
Step 3. Shoot anything that isn't republic or a clone/jedi.
Step 4. In case of actually attempting roleplay, Hope Officers don't crush your balls by interrupting your RP by whipping out power-tripped cocks. 

True 577347605504458752.png?v=1

52946061-6923-4AFC-AEBA-9E28ED2BA75D-5.g

On 1/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, Merrill said:

As others have mentions, give back that power to Base Ops. They CONTROL the base. They should be able to tell people to do things, that's the whole point o them is to get troops and resources where they are needed.

while i agree i dont think a BO PVT should be ordering a Major around

On 1/13/2020 at 9:08 PM, Husky said:

spacer.png

comeback dad