Naval/Base Ops Event Jobs

Marvel

• Management
Management

Name: Marvel

Suggestion: Make Base Ops into a Naval Event Job and have High Command run the base.

Implementation: Removing Base Ops as a VIP faction and turning it into Naval Event Jobs for use during events.

The reason for doing so is because since switching to a base and turning them into Base Ops they have lost their appeal. They generally do similar stuff compared to when we were on a Venator and they were Naval but somehow it hasn't worked out. Base Ops has been going in circles with Admirals/Commanders doing little to nothing within their term or getting removed. (If a new VIP group needs to replace them then perfect time for Bounty Hunters!)

MED and ENG trainings have been extinct due to people just going to their MEDOs or ENGOs within their Battalions for training.

Quartermaster hardly even got started back up since they got it back.

ATC is pretty rare due to the lack of flying in general so that could easily be handled by High Command.

DEFCONs are called by BCMD+ already.

PTLs/PTEs are handled by CPT+ and that works fine.

All these points above are things that Base Ops have handled since being on the server as Naval. Throughout their lifetime they may have had more responsibilities and such but these are their current ones which have been thoroughly neglected since their change to Base Ops.

I feel that making them Event Jobs would create some interesting passive roleplay on the server in events which have also been lacking as of late.

Now I do understand that people have paid money for Naval/Base Ops but it has been on a rapid decay for over half a year now and has already been wiped and restructured within that time frame and nothing has changed. Sadly I believe that Base Ops as of late has added nothing to the server rather than hindering some battalions in how they operate with ATC, MED, ENG, and other little things and it may very well be time for it to go.

• Funny 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 I saw leave the officer core run the BCC right and also have it where the clone base ops are event jobs with options to have a human base as an event job

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Banned

Lol @JBFox

• Funny 1

r4ymo.gif

• Management
Management
1 minute ago, KillJoy said:

+1 I saw leave the officer core run the BCC right and also have it where the clone base ops are event jobs with options to have a human base as an event job

All current Base Ops jobs will turn into Event Jobs. I actually had an idea to turn Yularen into a type of Senator like job controlled by Palpatine but that's for a later date.

• Winner 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

This is interesting, the only thing I can add is so if there are not High Command on it falls to the next highest officer rank like a chain of command? so BCMD then XO or something. It has been sort of odd having an NCO in BO command battalions lol

+1

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

• Management
Management
2 minutes ago, Trixx said:

This is interesting, the only thing I can add is so if there are not High Command on it falls to the next highest officer rank like a chain of command? so BCMD then XO or something. It has been sort of odd having an NCO in BO command battalions lol

+1

Generally at all times during the normal day there is at least one BCMD+ on for DEFCONs. Sadly with the new DEFCON system there is no way to allocate control over it to ranks rather than jobs so it would be hard to delegate that to anyone below BCMD+ jobs. Maybe giving it to the officer job but a lot of officers are in a regiment within their Battalion.

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

You’re trolling.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Banned

They don’t really do anything lol 

+1

r4ymo.gif

Ngl as soon as j read this I laughed and went thags stupid af. After reading it. It's TRUE. Its inactive AF. Literally no BO are on at all. Only thing they do are debriefs and that's cut short. But ima -1 cause were getting rid of too much stuff. (2 heh) also took around a month to 2 to finally get me a BL appeal even though they were on many times before and able to

Edited by McFisher
  • Disagree 1

Imagine Putting Your Old Ranks And Roles In Your Bio

I Went from Mas Amedda and VA to Blacklisted from every single thing except CT and Jedi :)

+1 hate to see it happen but let’s be honest they ain’t do much but I’m still chief of public affairs

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

I’m not gonna lie reading this HURT Base Ops/Naval has been my home since February I joined the server and within a week I was Base Ops. Reading the consideration of removing my main character (other than Padme). Yes Base Ops is in SHAMBLES right now our last 2 BCMDs were rough. Carvis has an active battalion but he messed up and got removed and it took 3ish weeks to get a new person then we had boutineer who wasn’t very active ingame and stopped tryouts for a month when he got yularen. And now we are in another cycle where no officer that can run for BCMD wants to. Base Ops shouldn’t be removed because without it who would run the engineer and medical branches. Right now we don’t have a Chief of Engineering but when we first switched to Anaxes the one we had worked hard to get the new doc made up and dropped within 2 weeks because we went from a big generator to a Hyper matter chamber. And Foxey being our current Chief Medical Officer has a new med doc and is refining it because of the removal of defibrillators. And the reason ATC fell on Korm so hard was because Boutineer elected to remove it from Base Ops hands (Dumb choice) and you see how well that turned out... the amount of pilots are low and Korm is doing all the work. Giving HC (REG+ I’m guessing) will cause them to be more over worked then they currently are which will cause them to burnout WAY faster. So removing Base Ops would have quite a few repercussions and yes I believe there needs to be a big change in BO abut we are way more valuable to the server if we are in place. I’m talking about the bigger picture that you may not see. There is no need to remove us just yet. And yes not many people “main Base Ops” but being one doesn’t take away from someone having a clone. We are currently building a pretty solid NCO core and in just a few weeks I think we could be back up to par with the rest of the server. So this is a BIG -1 from me. 

Generally if something is doing bad you're supposed to help it out, not just remove it omegalol. Especially something thats supposed to be RP focused. I dont really have a say because im retired from the community and all, but its a -1 from me. I get that base ops has been inactive and all, but this is just another step away from the serious RP we moved to. But hey, whatever.

Edit: also, just to add on, forcing a whole battalion to be training robots is obviously going to kill its popularity, along with the community labeling them button ops. If I had more free time, id come back to try and help it out. A new system was also proposed very recently that would add additions to Base Ops concerning encounters, which could easily boost popularity. @Chambers

Look. If the server doesnt want base ops, fine. Go ahead and make them an event job, and relegate things to your command and all that. Just know that the people that have been trying with base ops have made quite a few attempts, and are frequently beat on the head by higher command that they "arent doing enough". This is a battalion that is almost entirely centered around RP. We're not even allowed to go into combat 99% of the time. Similar to senators, we do our best, but there isnt going to be quantifiable evidence unless you started rummaging through chat logs. The server is meant to be fun, does it really impact the community at all having base ops in the first place? What does "bloat" even matter? How will this improve the community in any way? This seems pretty ill advised.

Edited by Husky
:v
  • Winner 2

Personally, Rear Admiral is an aspiration of mine- and perhaps once I've done my fair share for 104th- Yularen as well... so my words are somewhat biased, but here they are.

All respect to Boutineer, if he was Base Ops last chance... I'd like a do-over. Many mistakes were made, but Base Ops is ultimately working on climbing up again. Recently I alone have contributed a new roster, a new intel guide and system, and a new Medical Handbook. Base Ops was in a bad place. Dozens of people were not on the roster who were in the battalion, and dozens more were not logged as the correct rank or were logged multiple times. This issue has been solved. I am limited in what I can do seeing as I have my own battalion to run, but there are officers who care. 

I believe it is foolish to make this move at this time, when for the first time in months several officers from Executive down to Junior are coming together to work on clearing out inactives, establishing structure, and providing things to do. Under the guidance of Bro, Base Ops / Naval is capable of making a comeback. 

• Agree 2

I’ve been grinding the asses of Naval/Base Ops for 2 years when I joined the server, upon the first map they were a really well made branch led by a division of individuals from the community who were determined in showing its true potential. Somewhere down the line someone fucked up, a wipe on base ops allowed people incapable of performing the job to get positions that allowed them to majority change the operations in which they performed. This is why I have a problem with only a few people having a decision on the leader of a larger branch because not only can opinions be swayed it’s an unreliable thing for interviews. When I use big words and long answers I sound like the best candidate, this against someone who has better plans but can’t put them into words would have an overwhelming chance of not getting the position. It’s the people the Directors put in charge that fucked the original function of the branch, not the faction itself.

Just find someone qualified to run it, not based on previous ideas or reforms, but on new ideas.

-1 It’s been with us since the beginning and should be there until the end.

-1 now I can see from the discord alone that it’s not the most active but come on, naval/base ops has been an integral part of clone wars, you wouldn’t have Star Wars without them. We wouldnt remove 501st because numbers aren’t looking so great. Base ops isn’t just some battalion that’s passed around with it being removed then added. It’s not just some clone troopers that have different colour armour. Like come on, I can’t believe we would be thinking this, this is like removing Jedi cause numbers aren’t looking good. Hell, I would be willing to come and help them out.

Edited by IKE

Lighig and I both discussed a plan to reinvent what BO focus was and give them a community driven role that would completely change the game for them.

Unfortunately due to family issues I've been on a ROA/LOA for the foreseeable future and it has really cut into the time I have to work on this issue.

It's going to be epic though and I think the community will be happy with the role BO will play in the future.

The concept has been discussed with both BO HC and the other appropriate parties and needs to be hammered out and written down but the idea is there.

• Winner 2

• Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)
11 minutes ago, Carter said:

Lighig and I both discussed a plan to reinvent what BO focus was and give them a community driven role that would completely change the game for them.

Unfortunately due to family issues I've been on a ROA/LOA for the foreseeable future and it has really cut into the time I have to work on this issue.

It's going to be epic though and I think the community will be happy with the role BO will play in the future.

The concept has been discussed with both BO HC and the other appropriate parties and needs to be hammered out and written down but the idea is there.

557355573293744159.png?v=1

52946061-6923-4AFC-AEBA-9E28ED2BA75D-5.g

56 minutes ago, Husky said:

Generally if something is doing bad you're supposed to help it out, not just remove it omegalol. Especially something thats supposed to be RP focused. I dont really have a say because im retired from the community and all, but its a -1 from me. I get that base ops has been inactive and all, but this is just another step away from the serious RP we moved to. But hey, whatever.

Edit: also, just to add on, forcing a whole battalion to be training robots is obviously going to kill its popularity, along with the community labeling them button ops. If I had more free time, id come back to try and help it out. A new system was also proposed very recently that would add additions to Base Ops concerning encounters, which could easily boost popularity. @Chambers

Look. If the server doesnt want base ops, fine. Go ahead and make them an event job, and relegate things to your command and all that. Just know that the people that have been trying with base ops have made quite a few attempts, and are frequently beat on the head by higher command that they "arent doing enough". This is a battalion that is almost entirely centered around RP. We're not even allowed to go into combat 99% of the time. Similar to senators, we do our best, but there isnt going to be quantifiable evidence unless you started rummaging through chat logs. The server is meant to be fun, does it really impact the community at all having base ops in the first place? What does "bloat" even matter? How will this improve the community in any way? This seems pretty ill advised.

Some valid points.

-1 For gods damn sake can we drop this already.

First off, we just got back from a recent wipe so yes things aren’t doing great and we are still working on restructuring which isn’t easy as a vip faction. But I’ll be dammed if I sit here and listen to this arguement made over again.

1. We are the holders of documentation of most of the important trainings in the base such as the roleplay of medical and engineering and yes it has been lacking a bit because we are still picking up activity but also because we allowed clones to train their troopers.

2. It doesn’t help that we can’t make quota to do trainings since we can’t wipe trainings like we used too. We used to wipe all eng trainings every time we made a new doc sure it pissed people off but it gave us something to do.

3.  Not to throw shade anywhere or at anyone but 187th wasn’t thrown onto a chopping block publicly like this when they were struggling. But the second that these opened up and things weren’t ironed out this gets thrown at us. Yes high command “could” run the base but it doesn’t make sense to have the highest command in the republic running a small base of operations the whole time.

4. We aren’t a battalion, unlike Jedi we don’t get a lot of power and a giant weapon. We still have roleplay exclusively we do and we enjoy it it’s not the best job on the server but he’ll people enjoy having the option.

5. As a SERIOUS RP SERVER it makes no sense to have clone naval as an event job so if you wanna just make all the base ops into clones and clone ranks and reserve the humans technically even that wouldn’t work well cause each batch of naval has a commodore or some human or non cloned Officer to lead them in strategic assault. 

6. As bbstine said we are the servers ride or die bitch. We should be there in the bad and good times being hated and harrassed by the players or being the ones captured and making an event or even just being there so someone can say “shut up buttons” and get aos’d for it.

7. Do you really wanna have to dish out new docs and establish new roleplay hierarchy in all the roleplay aspects of the server? Cause you decided to remove the core even if the core wasn’t crucial it isn’t worth it to just toss us aside. Naval was brought here under Forseen. Reptillia brought in the first real power as the first applicant for admiral forseen took another term following helping solidify the naval in the server proceeding him was baller after baller was squeaks following squeaks was the reign of Freck where naval surged to its highest post Freck was Esitt. After Esitt was Skeeti when appointed high command told Skeeti to wipe. He didn’t have much of a say they were either going to do it for him or with him as he says. After skeeti was Maymays who did things that got him removed and banned but he still is legacy and did things after Maymays was alfa. Alfa brought in RAF and tried to bring a general training back to troopers with my help . Following Alfa was me. I got power played and it got wiped all over quartermaster being removed and not having much help. Following the wipe we had Husky who did a damn good job rebuilding . Following him was Carvis who testes the waters and found the fine line between too far and just enough following Carvis was me and I improved a lot of appearances by showing up and working with battalions but I let down base ops on my own by working with clones instead of working with them. However we have a legacy here we aren’t just a bunch of misfit toys we are a long proud line of legacy and dedication to the server to ultimately look to achieve a spot on the names I just listed to make our mark on naval base ops not some event job to be forgotten or to be used. We are a part of synergy not just the server but the community. We belong on this base even as grunts we still belong here doing the things we have been even if we are made fun of. We are naval Base Operations and we stand behind our mistakes but those don’t define us it’s our individual roleplay accomplished on the job being the naval that makes our mark on the community just like how my mark is being commander reported we should stand in the server so others have a chance to make their mark in this position. Not everyone is a fighter some of us enjoy the more roleplay aspect and less of the call of duty. As player choice we should be left in for all players to be able to chose whether or not to join and try out or simply be another clone in the garrison.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

To be blunt base ops has been at some what of a stand still since Carvis’ removal. Not pointing fingers and not trying to start stuff. The point is it’s bounced back and has ups and downs just like every battalion will. The fact of the matter is it’s necessary to an extent if everyone does their job. Base ops will always hold a special part inside me no matter how retarded that may sound lol

• Agree 2

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

-1 As much as I can agree with you Marvel. I and many other spend a lot of our time devoted to helping it out. I suggest just making base ops more of a priority. If this doesn’t get accepted then I and the other Advisors will come up with plans along side high command. It’s going through a rough patch for the moment

• Winner 1

Former: Liaison

BO has been slowly coming back.    I know it has been given multiple chances,  but  I know for fact that people within BO have been cooking some stuff to flesh it out again.    I know Bro has some prospective ideas for a Chief of Engineering, but he's acting til then.   

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.

Banned
3 hours ago, Husky said:

Base ops have been helped numerous times in the past by HC and High staff and yet they still have low numbers. 

so acting like no one tried helping base ops and we’re just removing them out of the blue is silly.  

r4ymo.gif

• Management
Management

I will Void on behalf of @Carter's big brain ideas that I was not aware of

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif