Return to Jania?

Tinovious

Name: Tinovious | Omega Oh-Nine ''Niner''

RP Rank: BCMD/ Squad lead

Suggestion: Returning to Jania as Sith are gone and I believe that was one of the main reasons we switched back. Endor is kinda boring too!

Implementation: Uhhhh... Swap the map

Lore: Sith are gone!  

(I'm ready for the minus ones! Plus I miss the tiddie)

Edited by Tinovious
forgot the biggest reason of them all

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

Banned

Just wait for Goofy to crash the server and it will switch back lol ez 

+1

r4ymo.gif

26 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

-1 performance on that map was eh at best the jedi temple is crap plus we've only got a couple of weeks until the new map roughly is it really worth all the hassle of switching again?

Exactly also Jedi now have trial rooms back there we'll have to spawn in dupes for trials and if people do trials at inactive staff hours they can't do trials and that's fucking trash -111111111111111111111111111

Edited by Adam-KaneKi

+1

Honestly, what made the map unbearable was the forced rp with sith/converted jedi. With them gone, the giant cave where the crystal cave can be used for the main trials, Knight/Youngling while the branches can either use the sparring rooms and or the cave itself. (Dupes as well if it is allowed, directors weren't happy with the giant dupes spawned.)

Performance wise, I can see the arguement, but I had no issues with performance and I can at least assume that with the population maxing out regularly when the map was used, it wasn't crippling drops in performance.

-1 from a GM stand point this map was terrible. You can’t spawn in any NPC’s and your event options are very limited. On Endor you can do things at alpha, bravo, Charlie. While you may not like this map we only need to wait about 2-3 more weeks and suck it up and if you want the pic of Aayla message me I got u lmao that google link is A1.

• Funny 2

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

• Management
Management

+1

BUT

High Command should actually be able to set the base up properly. Last time it was a cluster fuck and perma props fucked the performance up a lot so that’ll have to be regulated as well

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Jania was a good map but it run like dog shit. Agreed, this map is boring af and its made in such a way that scaling hills is just fucking annoying. But I'd take that over a map that lags constantly. Plus aren't we supposed to be getting our own custom map built or something? Idk.

-Runs like shit

-Limits events due to crashing as the positioning of outposts and such.

- As stated before, crashes like a mother fucker

- Map is coming out soon. Suffer through it.

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

15 minutes ago, Poe said:

-Runs like shit

-Limits events due to crashing as the positioning of outposts and such.

- As stated before, crashes like a mother fucker

- Map is coming out soon. Suffer through it.

A'ight bet. But only if you get dennis to link me the good stuff ;)

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

• Management
Management

Idk what y’all mean. Endor has crashed way more than Jania and people crash more often on Endor than on Jania. Performance was fine when we started off then somebody decided to perma prop trees all over the damned planet and no one followed the bunk prop limit and went way over causing a lot of stress. If people don’t perma prop like children then performance would be way better.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

28 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Idk what y’all mean. Endor has crashed way more than Jania and people crash more often on Endor than on Jania. Performance was fine when we started off then somebody decided to perma prop trees all over the damned planet and no one followed the bunk prop limit and went way over causing a lot of stress. If people don’t perma prop like children then performance would be way better.

Server crashed due to staff team incompetence not its own performance. At least in most of the times. 

• Agree 1

First and only Polish Director:pepeSheesh:

56 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Well thats a given when we have been on that map longer it would of crashed more in the long run but when you sit back and look how many times jaina crashed during the time we were there that was very bad it crashed like 6 times on one day just from spawning droids not even huge ammounts just what we'd normally have in the courtuard on endor

Jania Pros:

+beds you can actually sit on

+you can actually walk outside the base and not have to climb a goddamn mountain to get from point A to point B.

+working (but buggy) generator system.

+a bar

+a messhall

+91st and 41st get their own house with a big yard. (The recon outpost itself has a ton of potential to just be an outpost.)

+big ass Debrief

+crystal caves for jedi

+plenty of potential for large scale battle events.

+CLEAN, BLUE WATER

+big ass citadel with a ton of potential for sims.

+Big ass gun to shoot frigates out of the sky.

BUT: The map does have its issues. Lets name a few shall we?

Jania Cons:

-No place for CTs to spawn. (They should just spawn in CC spawn TBH)

-Medbay was crap. High command bunks had to be stuffed inside of medbay because they had no place else to go. (And those rooms within the medbay could be used for quarantine and such.)

-Speaking of quarantine, medbay had none. All it had was the raysheild that you could turn on from the outside to lock people in, which kinda defeats the entire purpose of a medbay lockdown if anyone can just push a button and walk in.

-Lack of bunks. Rancor had to roll out sleeping bags in the bar, and high command had to make offices in the medbay as previously stated.

-Jedi temple is tiny

-Map has poor optimization and causes a lot of FPS drops and lag spikes.

-The gun doesn't work, we have to pretend it shoots at ships.

-NO RAILINGS IN GENERATOR ROOM. People could easily fall to the bottom.

-Events are limited due to the insane tick rate drops when NPCs are spawned.

-The garage (Lower hangar) has no door. Literally anyone can just walk on in, take the elevator and they're inside our "highly secure" military base.

Look I think Jania is a neat map, but the issues above need to be addressed. Jania can be a fantastic map....if made right.

Synergy_Base is no picnic either but I think at the moment, it outweighs jania.

NEUTRAL

Neutral                        I love the map, however with the amount of perma props that have to be added and the way the base was configured was not the best. Adding onto the perma prop thing, it causes a lot of lag/ fps drop.

Null-5 "Prudii"
spacer.png