Making a server Discord

Piff

Name: Piff

Suggestion: Making one main Discord where everyone can check announcements for events/Update/Update Bloopers/other shit

Implementation: Basically make one discord where we can see any new things such as updates, Events going on and Deployments for certain people. Also adding any new information for newer players and letting them get help from the community on the discord and not just the forums. As well for the event part, you can allow Gamemasters/Gamehelpers advertise their events on there. It’ll be more useful for new players because they don’t go and make a forums account immediately 

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Edited by Papa Piff
  • Agree 3

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

+1 

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1 but the management of the server, high command should be able to do major announcements 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Actually I’m gonna have to minus 1 this 

honestly everything you mentioned can already be done on the forums, there’s nothing stopping people from advertising their events on the forums it’s just not utilised . Updates should be announced on the forums and deployments well you have battalion discord’s with event channels.

ive seen communities who replace their forums with discord and it’s not pretty I think it’s one or the other we can’t really have both because due to the forums popularity the discord is just gonna he left abandoned, I think it’s smart to save the directors/founders time and just keep on running everything on the forums 

• Agree 2

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

31 minutes ago, Nade Jones said:

Actually I’m gonna have to minus 1 this 

honestly everything you mentioned can already be done on the forums, there’s nothing stopping people from advertising their events on the forums it’s just not utilised . Updates should be announced on the forums and deployments well you have battalion discord’s with event channels.

ive seen communities who replace their forums with discord and it’s not pretty I think it’s one or the other we can’t really have both because due to the forums popularity the discord is just gonna he left abandoned, I think it’s smart to save the directors/founders time and just keep on running everything on the forums 

I think it would be more comfortable for those who joined the server can easily be in the discord because the new players may need to make an account and they won't know how, where and when to unless told by others 

-1 I don’t see the need for a discord server.  Also if I’m correct, they had said they didn’t want to use a discord (I’m not sure if I’m correct). Also I feel like it would be a problem dealing with people who join and act toxic. It’s not some kick and ban process, they can have someone invite them or just make a new account and act like a different person. When it comes to the forums , you can easily ban someone from being toxic. Also, all the hard work that’s gone into the forums would be for nothing because you are implying that we should Discord for everything. I feel like that’s a huge slap in the face to Ron and to others who have invested their time into working on the forums. But if you’re asking to keep the forums and have a discord I would still be against it because there wouldn’t be any forum traffic, which again would be pointless and a slap in the face to the people who worked on the forums 

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, TrijiM said:

-1 I don’t see the need for a discord server.  Also if I’m correct, they had said they didn’t want to use a discord (I’m not sure if I’m correct). Also I feel like it would be a problem dealing with people who join and act toxic. It’s not some kick and ban process, they can have someone invite them or just make a new account and act like a different person. When it comes to the forums , you can easily ban someone from being toxic. Also, all the hard work that’s gone into the forums would be for nothing because you are implying that we should Discord for everything. I feel like that’s a huge slap in the face to Ron and to others who have invested their time into working on the forums. But if you’re asking to keep the forums and have a discord I would still be against it because there wouldn’t be any forum traffic, which again would be pointless and a slap in the face to the people who worked on the forums 

I agree with this, -1

• Agree 1

52946061-6923-4AFC-AEBA-9E28ED2BA75D-5.g

2 hours ago, TrijiM said:

Just make it so you can't make invite unless your HA+. There you go fixed. Also they could just make a tag that wouldn't allow you to type in chat.

1 hour ago, Josh Schneider said:

Just make it so you can't make invite unless your HA+. There you go fixed. Also they could just make a tag that wouldn't allow you to type in chat.

The whole this guy is trying to make is that he wants it to be a community discord. How are people going to the join the discord if there’s no invite? Also what’s prevent people from tricking an HA? And why will there be a tag that won’t you chat? This is an idea for a community discord, where people can talk, advert stuff, etc. it would be literally be pointless and act as a spam chat. 

Just now, TrijiM said:

The whole this guy is trying to make is that he wants it to be a community discord. How are people going to the join the discord if there’s no invite? Also what’s prevent people from tricking an HA? And why will there be a tag that won’t you chat? This is an idea for a community discord, where people can talk, advert stuff, etc. it would be literally be pointless and act as a spam chat. 

Your gonna get an invite from your battalion, Give Staff permission to kick and if people are being retards we will do our job like on the server. tbh you can disable all the annoying features the trolls might be doing such at @ everyone or /tts, ETC.

+1 It could be handled properly with only a few people being able to @ people. Also when new members join they have to join TS obviously but I remember when I was a young trainer they would ask if we had a community discord. I could help make it if it gets accepted.

5 minutes ago, Josh Schneider said:

Your gonna get an invite from your battalion, Give Staff permission to kick and if people are being retards we will do our job like on the server. tbh you can disable all the annoying features the trolls might be doing such at @ everyone or /tts, ETC.

This will be my last message as I do not want to clog this suggestion up, but how can you make sure you aren’t tricked into adding them back? They can act like a person to the battalion or act like a new CT and ask if they have a discord and could join it. 

Just now, TrijiM said:

This will be my last message as I do not want to clog this suggestion up, but how can you make sure you aren’t tricked into adding them back? They can act like a person to the battalion or act like a new CT and ask if they have a discord and could join it. 

Once again what are they going to troll with, it's not like they can do anything in the discord apart from responding & read messages. And staff will interfere if it gets out of hand.

6 minutes ago, TrijiM said:

A+ will be able to hand out discord links. Staff would have a control on it so people dont mess around, we can set up bots and limit @everyone and @here 

5 minutes ago, Hero said:

A+ will be able to hand out discord links. Staff would have a control on it so people dont mess around, we can set up bots and limit @everyone and @here 

So, Josh wants the discord to have people not chat. I understand you can set permissions and kick them. But the point im trying to make is How do you know they wont trick you and come back and do the same thing. But if you don't want the chat feature, then it wouldn't feel like a COMMUNITY discord. This brings me back to the my first argument 

This will be my final reply, If you want to continue the discussion feel free to DM me.

• Management
Management

Ain't it

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

10 minutes ago, Lucky said:

I'll put a wire between your calf and your fibula and slowly pull you up in a crane. Your calf being one of the most durable muscles in your body means that it will not tear. You will be slowly lifted and lowered until you die of shock. You will be in agonizing pain until you inevitably die. Every time you are lowered I will hit you in the ribs with a metal pipe and then rupture your liver. It will put you into a state of paralysis each time, but you will not die from blood loss and will be able to feel everything. You will forever be in pain, your only other method of death will be through shock, inevitably putting you into a coma. You can try to bite your own tongue to bleed out, but this is brutal, and is no less painful then my method.

Have fun! 

Edited by Poe
  • Funny 1

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

-1 When the TS went down a few months ago, we temporarily changed to a Discord owned by Medic, and I will tell you that shit was cancer. By the time the TS was back up the channel became instantly dead. 

To sum it all up, it would be useless.

• Agree 2
31 minutes ago, Jags said:

-1 When the TS went down a few months ago, we temporarily changed to a Discord owned by Medic, and I will tell you that shit was cancer. By the time the TS was back up the channel became instantly dead. 

To sum it all up, it would be useless.

Those were some real mad max times 

Edited by Poe
  • Funny 1

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

• Retired Founder
13 hours ago, Itachi said:

make it regulated tho

13 hours ago, Hero said:

would be nice if used correctly 

12 hours ago, Eclipse said:

+1

14 hours ago, Pythin said:

Neutral Only if it can be managed correctly 

Image result for thanos power meme

I'll run it. I would make sure there is balance.. that it is.. managed..

• Funny 3

SUP had a server discord and they stopped using it because it was redundant. Why have a discord when you have everything you need on the forums right here? All you need to do is give new players the link to the forums, which already in training room, and they are all set. Discord is mainly used for people who don't have a forum website, but want to keep their communities updated.

Neutral

On one hand, I don't want to join an 8th discord server. On the other hand, if there's 1 main Discord, I won't get pinged 5 times for the same event/announcement.

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

On 5/10/2019 at 6:21 PM, Poe said:

I'll put a wire between your calf and your fibula and slowly pull you up in a crane. Your calf being one of the most durable muscles in your body means that it will not tear. You will be slowly lifted and lowered until you die of shock. You will be in agonizing pain until you inevitably die. Every time you are lowered I will hit you in the ribs with a metal pipe and then rupture your liver. It will put you into a state of paralysis each time, but you will not die from blood loss and will be able to feel everything. You will forever be in pain, your only other method of death will be through shock, inevitably putting you into a coma. You can try to bite your own tongue to bleed out, but this is brutal, and is no less painful then my method.

Have fun! 

Jesus Christ 

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png