Letting Naval Do Their Job

Punybob

Name: Punybob

Suggestion: More people actually let us do our job

Implementation: Troopers actually listen and don't reply in an advert about how they don't have to listen every time

Lore: IRL stuff

Workshop content if applicable: N/a
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Note: Keep in mind on an aircraft carrier the navy has dominance over Jet pilots on board apart of the airforce the pilots salute the naval commander and listen to him if he asks things. I just want to stop people commenting after I say "I need people to ER" with "We don't have to listen to naval"

Edited by [SR] Punybob [NA]
Putting some changes about my miscommunication
  • Agree 1

Naval I have seen have had power but people don't follow it. Now naval can't really tell a trooper what to do but may suggest an order to be followed. Normally the naval wouldn't be giving out orders to the people anyway besides requesting someone to an engine or to a location to help in such as 3rd floor or bridge or even medbay. Naval would be sticking in the ER, medbay, armory or 3rd floor/bridge anyway. That's the only place they would have a little pull regardless. I can see where naval need some "power" but at the same time it used to be that naval had a bigger role on the extensive map but not a lot were around. I am saying yes to this but only if the rank is above the other clone.

+1

-1 I do believe Naval needs more respect, but Naval was more focused on flying, shooting, and repairing the ship not telling troopers what to do unless they were an engineer or a pilot. In past naval has "abused" their power and that's why it's been taken away. There's nothing wrong with telling people to get to ER, but telling them they have to is basically forcing RP and it's already a battalion's battle station so someone should always be there. Another thing to bring is that naval already has enough power you guys control Engineer, Medical,ATC training, and go where ever you want on the ship without consequences. Also, I wouldn't compare the U.S navy to a fictional universe. Lastly, you can just do  "./comms All available engineers please get to ER"   

Also, in the episode "Cloak of Darkness" you don't see naval telling Green Company to go defend the ship or go to the engine room. I know there's a 212th episode where the ship gets attacked, but I couldn't find it. 

Edited by J.Jefferson
  • Agree 2

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Temple Guard Manager/Cin
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster

Naval with power? You mean Commodore+ right? They're the only humans. You never see the admiral/naval in general ordering troops. Everytime the admiral screams "battlestations", he's yelling at the naval clones.......

The Jedi/Commanders are the people who get the troopers in their positions.

Hella -1 for power, but respect is common sense.

Edited by Fours

-1 Naval don’t need power.  If they want respect then its up to them to gain it. From past experiences aswell, naval give the most retarded orders. I constantly had an issue as spec reg with naval overstepping their power and giving orders which led to clusterfucks and issues. Its hard to give good orders from ATC and the bridges.

• Agree 1

Neutral I see where you're coming from but in the past when Naval had "power" they abused it and were just all around toxic with it holding it above troops heads.

Edit: After further thought and reading Washington's post -1. Also most of the people +1ing this are Naval omegaLuL

Edited by TayTay
7 minutes ago, TayTay said:

Neutral I see where you're coming from but in the past when Naval had "power" they abused it and were just all around toxic with it holding it above troops heads.

TayTay this is a different naval it's been a whole 4-5 admirals and a naval wipe since Naval had any real power, Naval has improved and changed and is far more organised then before. We've already got strong leadership and a good disciplinary system on the go abuse will not slip through the cracks.

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

4 minutes ago, Comics said:

TayTay this is a different naval it's been a whole 4-5 admirals and a naval wipe since Naval had any real power, Naval has improved and changed and is far more organised then before. We've already got strong leadership and a good disciplinary system on the go abuse will not slip through the cracks.

What i'm saying is it happened and if this does get "implemented" Then the directors need to be weary of it. As I don't feel having power being dangled in front of me once more

Just now, TayTay said:

What i'm saying is it happened and if this does get "implemented" Then the directors need to be weary of it. As I don't feel having power being dangled in front of me once more

That makes sense, I'd agree within the first few weeks that HC and Directors should keep really close eyes on naval and how they use the power and whether they deserve it.

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Banned
11 hours ago, [SR] Punybob [NA] said:

Keep in mind on an aircraft carrier the navy has dominance over the dudes with jets on board apart of the airforce the pilots salute the naval commander and listen to him if he asks things.

they have dominance over the dudes with jets

regular infantry arent pilots lol

The fact that you have to try and force respect should be a testament to the very reason this is an issue. Respect is earned, not given. I’m not going to listen to some power hungry person (this is just an example, as this has happened in the past) who thinks since they have VIP they are on some high horse. Naval SOLE PURPOSE is to make sure the ship works. Not once through lore do you see naval order the clone troopers what to do. 

Your example of “well in real life”, well sorry to break it in, but this isn’t real life. I’m real life the Clone Ar... wait... it isn’t real. People need to realize this is STAR WARS not some real life military sim. Go play Arma if that’s your thing. 

Also, there is no point to this. Why do you want more power? It literally just shows how naval is power hungry af, and this is an example of WHY people don’t respect them. 

If you want more respect, earn it. 

Edited by Washington
  • Agree 4
  • Winner 1

When I was Admiral I was = to a 2LT with no power the only reason I was given the power to order around people was that people trusted and respected naval at that time. It's a privilege and I'm not saying that naval is bad atm but It needs to focus on making sure QM RP MedRP ENG RP happen every day, your main focus should not be trying to give power to yourselves.  -1  

Edited by Max
  • Winner 4
42 minutes ago, Washington said:

The fact that you have to try and force respect should be a testament to the very reason this is an issue. Respect is earned, not given. I’m not going to listen to some power hungry person (this is just an example, as this has happened in the past) who thinks since they have VIP they are on some high horse. Naval SOLE PURPOSE is to make sure the ship works. Not once through lore do you see naval order the clone troopers what to do. 

Your example of “well in real life”, well sorry to break it in, but this isn’t real life. I’m real life the Clone Ar... wait... it isn’t real. People need to realize this is STAR WARS not some real life military sim. Go play Arma if that’s your thing. 

Also, there is no point to this. Why do you want more power? It literally just shows how naval is power hungry af, and this is an example of WHY people don’t respect them. 

If you want more respect, earn it. 

Not trying to force respect just said show it because if you don't recall that is what is said in the roleplay rules number 3 to be exact. I ranted about this and how people say we don't have to listen to naval.

37 minutes ago, Max said:

When I was Admiral I was = to a 2LT with no power the only reason I was given the power to order around people was that people trusted and respected naval at that time. It's a privilege and I'm not saying that naval is bad atm but It needs to focus on making sure QM RP MedRP ENG RP happen every day, your main focus should not be trying to give power to yourselves.  -1  

Never said I wanted power I want respect. I am getting sick and tired of calling a defcon and people reply with we don't have to listen to you. It's disrespectful and just annoying

49 minutes ago, Spooky said:

they have dominance over the dudes with jets

regular infantry arent pilots lol

If that's what you calling me out my grammar kudos to you but the naval officer decides when those jets can take off the pilots listen to the naval officer a whole different military division ran by someone completely different is telling them when and what they can do.

1 hour ago, Fours said:

Naval with power? You mean Commodore+ right? They're the only humans. You never see the admiral/naval in general ordering troops. Everytime the admiral screams "battlestations", he's yelling at the naval clones.......

The Jedi/Commanders are the people who get the troopers in their positions.

Hella -1. You can't fool me.

That's why its called respect when I call defcon 3 I don't want in chat after the fact "we don't have to listen to naval" we have the power to call defcons and stuff I am tired of people disrespecting my position by saying "we don't need to listen to you"

2 hours ago, Bazoo said:

Like jeffy said, Naval need more respect. -1 because you still shouldnt be commanding troops

That's why I said respect but when I call defcon that's me telling you to defend the ship I don't want people coming at me screaming about how they don't need to listen to me 

4 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

can't force people to respect you. Prove yourself worthy of it, and you will be respected. 

No but I am tired of people saying we don't have to listen to naval when I am trying to do my job put yourself in my shoes If I go and ask because that's my job for people to get to Battlestations and rancor replies "We don't have to listen to naval" how would that make you feel? It would just piss you off.

1 respect is power if it is inforced by power witch is what you are implying.

2 since I have come back I have seen very inconsistent naval from afk farms people who seem to enjoy it and others who seem to enjoy making people angry. If you had a more unified front people may respond better

• Agree 2

A certain someone who purposely leans into his Mic in order to get it to static all through debrief ignoring everyone then threating aos on people. Ive been back for about 2 weeks but old naval that wouldn't fly. Its one thing to be a "meme" its another to be aa server sanctioned minge

I have the same mindset of most people in the replies, but I would like to give my viewpoint on why. 

I would say the time period of the most respected Naval was during Max’s admiral days (in my experience). This was because they never minged, at least on their naval, their RP was outstanding and they took it seriously. And they were damn good at their jobs. 

I’ve been back and playing for about a month, and have seen some weird shit from naval such as: 1) Ruining events by not denying clearance codes. Obviously you should RP the situation and not let enemies into the ship, but i’ve seen at least 10 events completely cancelled because the Naval just said “Nah you can’t come in”. That pisses off everyone on the ship. 

2) During events i’ve seen naval act like children. One went up to a trandoshan and “rubbed his neck” until the CG had to be called to get him to stop. One stormed into a briefing and yelled at the regimental gamemaster. 

3) Just general continued mistakes or breaking RP. It has now become common to see a Naval running around the battlefield on defcon 4-3 with pistols instead of being at their station. I’ve even had a naval run in front of me when I was shooting my mini gun down atc hall, died, then started screaming about it. I’ve seen naval call Defcon 6 when there’s droids all over the ship, and third floor is overrun. 

If youre too too lazy to read all that, the summary is: Train the naval more/better, Have them be more involved in the RP, and you will all earn respect. Having a rule instated that says you must be respected will only cause more hate towards naval. 

A lot of naval do a great job, but you’re only as strong as your weakest links. 

• Winner 2
Banned
2 minutes ago, Rey said:

A certain someone who purposely leans into his Mic in order to get it to static all through debrief ignoring everyone then threating aos on people. Ive been back for about 2 weeks but old naval that wouldn't fly. Its one thing to be a "meme" its another to be aa server sanctioned minge

There is this funny link that I put in every form post I make abotnaval and the current state of it, ITS CALLED THE NAVAL REPORT FORM. Use it if you carch naval fucking around and I will personally deal with this.

• Disagree 1
4 minutes ago, Rey said:

You are talking about Patrick, he has legitimate microphone problems up the point that 2 individuals in naval participated on a gofundme and raised enough money to buy him a new microphone.

Now can you give me an actual example?

Edited by Alfa
Banned
1 minute ago, Sinister said:

3) Just general continued mistakes or breaking RP. It has now become common to see a Naval running around the battlefield on defcon 4-3 with pistols instead of being at their station. I’ve even had a naval run in front of me when I was shooting my mini gun down atc hall, died, then started screaming about it. I’ve seen naval call Defcon 6 when there’s droids all over the ship, and third floor is overrun. 

Which naval are running around with their guns. If you have a name I will deal with it. And sometimes we have miscommunication from the GM and go ahead and call Defcon 6, it happens. 

Banned
5 minutes ago, Rey said:

So you now put it on the community to fix your problems? I mean do you see any other battalion need help in dealing with eternal affairs?

We are not putting it on the community to fix us, we are putting it on the community to report shit they see out of line, SOBDE do this too, someone isn’t always on to deal with the situation.  sometimes we don’t have 5 or 6 naval running around so we can catch all the naval fuck ups and deal with them. Thats why the report form is ther, so when you catch us fucking up, and no one else is on to deal with it, you report them. Then it will be dealt with accordingly.

Edited by Maymays
  • Friendly 1

Alright but maybe you might have a issue if other battalions are willing to exclude you entirely and your powers over the ship have been revoked. Naval uses to have the privilege to do those things why not try figuring out what is causing this rift.

Banned
1 minute ago, Rey said:

Alright but maybe you might have a issue if other battalions are willing to exclude you entirely and your powers over the ship have been revoked. Naval uses to have the privilege to do those things why not try figuring out what is causing this rift.

Naval’s removal of power wasn’t because of the current naval. It the former naval who abused their power and ruined the reputation of naval, which wr have been trying to fix for the last 8 months. We are dealing with the repercussions of naval we didn’t have a apart of. It’s just the stigma that will never go away with naval, I don’t know why and honestly fucking stupid people are still holdig grudges against naval when no one in current naval was apart of that former geoup of power hungry naval.

• Winner 2
2 hours ago, [SR] Punybob [NA] said:

No but I am tired of people saying we don't have to listen to naval when I am trying to do my job put yourself in my shoes If I go and ask because that's my job for people to get to Battlestations and rancor replies "We don't have to listen to naval" how would that make you feel? It would just piss you off.

If it's Defcon 3/2, then they need to go to their battlestation. Regardless of what you order. If you told us to go to our battlestations without having to, we may or may not depending on our mood. You can't order that.

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

Making posts like this is why people lose respect. As I said to gene when he went full baby rage, respect isnt something you just get. You have to work for it and earn it. Respect is not something you just earn overnight because it takes weeks and months to prove yourself of actually being a leader that will not let people down and prove that you are worthy of the respect that people give you. Forum posts crying about how people dont listen to you wont solve things. Actually get in and get your hands dirty. As max said, host trainings every day and show to everyone that you deserve the respect that you are wanting so much.

• Agree 1

Now I would like to start off by saying respect is earned and should NOT be demanded. But I do 100% see where you're coming from puny, for a while now people seem to disrespect naval members and I have seen it myself and I kind of feel a bit uncomfortable being around them, but you can't just straight up demand the respect as that would make you loose respect if anything, but respect goes both ways too, so that means if someone who clearly doesn't respect you then you shouldn't respect them either.  We all need to get out of this way of thinking that "Oh we are higher than you, we demand respect now!" That wouldn't happen.  We ALL   should respect each other as it is only a game, people really do need to understand that. there should be no shape or form of disrespect from any individual within this community, we are all apart of the republic so therefore we should get along and understand our differences in the face of war. We all have different roles and with naval its more of a  back seat position  as we are here to ensure that the troopers make it to their destination, but that's not all what naval do, we host several trainings and show our military might against the CIS.  I will make this very clear, naval is very much important as well as any other battalion going, in fact we may be slightly more important too, due to the fact without naval you will not be able to make it to your destination safely.  We all have different duties and must be kind and understand each others point of view, but if you don't respect people then that's fine, that's down to you as a person.  But we all should be working together being generous to one and another and to respect each others as respect goes along way...  But respect is earned, and for some that means people have got to do things to actually earn the respect that they deserve. 

As a current IDO within naval ( Internal disciplinary officer ) if anyone see's another naval member causing issues with anyone, you must contact me immediately and it will be dealt with as soon as possible. We have become a lot strict with our own naval to sort out internal problems.  Thanks for your time for reading this and understanding. Peace out. ❤️

• Agree 3
2 hours ago, Maymays said:

There is this funny link that I put in every form post I make abotnaval and the current state of it, ITS CALLED THE NAVAL REPORT FORM. Use it if you carch naval fucking around and I will personally deal with this.

No other battalion has a report form and so they shouldn't.  talk to the bcmd is what most people do running around the problem with a report form is pointless maybe have proper CO's that could discipline and fix these problems 

2 hours ago, Washington said:

if you think you will have any power on that base you are having a fucking laugh

imma be frolicking in the forest the whole time

Then whats the point of naval or base ops? To just sit with our thumbs up our ass because I feel that's what a bunch of people want us to do!  

Banned
54 minutes ago, [SR] Sanchez [A] said:

No other battalion has a report form and so they shouldn't.  talk to the bcmd is what most people do running around the problem with a report form is pointless maybe have proper CO's that could discipline and fix these problems 

First off, Naval isn’t a battalion. Secondly, the way naval runs is completely different from a battalion. A report form as a good resource as long as people actually use it. Naval officers arent ALWAYS on because naval averages around 20 total relatively active people. Not on all at the same time, but nontheless they ars on. Naval doesn’t have 70 Enlisted like some battalions. It just doesn’t work like that, the way we handle discipline is completely different from a battalion, which I don’t need to go into detail about. 

Banned
Just now, [SR] Punybob [NA] said:

Then whats the point of naval or base ops? To just sit with our thumbs up our ass because I feel that's what a bunch of people want us to do!  

Naval’s job is to promote roleplay, increase passive roleplay, and aide in the enjoyment of the common clone. Naval’s job is not to order around people, while in some situations may prove useful, it’s not completely necessary. 

1 minute ago, Maymays said:

First off, Naval isn’t a battalion. Secondly, the way naval runs is completely different from a battalion. A report form as a good resource as long as people actually use it. Naval officers arent ALWAYS on because naval averages around 20 total relatively active people. Not on all at the same time, but nontheless they ars on. Naval doesn’t have 70 Enlisted like some battalions. It just doesn’t work like that, the way we handle discipline is completely different from a battalion, which I don’t need to go into detail about. 

Oooh yeah it sure seems to work doesn't it

Banned
Just now, [SR] Sanchez [A] said:

Oooh yeah it sure seems to work doesn't it

Thanks for the feedback, very constructive.

Update for you all miscommunication on my part it sounds stupid asking for respect really Naval just needs to be listened to and allowed to do our job. We tried out for it and passed. We have our own rules and regulations so don't act like a know it all and disrespect us and laugh about us. It's offensive and rude on all accounts. 

Update I meant to write listen and give us the chance we deserve but apparently 3AM writing post after partying not smart my apologies but look guys. Give us the chance to do our job especially when we let you guys shoot up droids and do yours.

17 minutes ago, [SR] Punybob [NA] said:

Voiding this request apparently people hate naval

people don't hate naval, just people in general that go around demanding respect of others without actually earning it.

7 minutes ago, Egg said:

people don't hate naval, just people in general that go around demanding respect of others without actually earning it.

I demand to be listened to. I dont need your respect I earn that shit and if you don't want to give it to me so be it its a video game. All I ask for is people to allow naval to do our jobs its sad unacceptable and just quite frankly annoying that when I am conversing with an event job people butt in just to have a funny one-liner completely messing up what I was trying to do. 

Edited by [SR] Punybob [NA]
48 minutes ago, [SR] Punybob [NA] said:

I would just rather have you guys just not exist, but I guess since people pay for VIP we have to keep you. Maybe if you guys did some RP I would think otherwise, but yes, I want BaseOps to be pointless. Because it is. 

• Agree 1

How can you say that? Naval is trying to call out something is wrong with engines and people don't do anything. I choose to believe some other battalions are pointless but I don't shit talk them and then proceed to not listen to them! Every day when I am on for around 10 hours obviously until my college starts tomorrow I drop everything for people who PM me about training. I give attempts to start RP and am shut down. If you where naval how would you deal with running from nose to bridge 100 times in a day dropping things for someone random for the sake of RP and training to be shut down when you want to have your fun. I joined for the sake of RP because of the state of naval under a bad leader. You guys associate naval to the bad blood we had that ended with maymays there's change and you guys are ruining it because you think your cute and or funny. I truly want naval to be better and RP more but you can't forget about our past and that's on you then. We attempt to fix it and get rid of the bad blood involved with naval and you truly make it tough for those who want to fix it to stay @Washington

• Friendly 1

This is a big oof. naval do get treated like nothing most of the time and it gets kinda bad sometimes. But even if this suggestion would get accepted how would it be enforced if current BCDMs dont wanted to be bossed around by naval. Most Naval ranks are lower then BCMD and if a BCMD said to his/her battalion " You dont have to listen to naval ", it would turn into a staff/CG matter, and kicking/banning/arresting a rank that is higher then you for "not following orders" is down right stupid imo.

On a certain level a agree with you but then again, I dont. But then AGAIN I do. So idk

Regardless of what I just said, All in all this is my final thoughts... THERE IS A FUCKING HIERARCHY IN THE CC ROOM, USE IT.

Banned
8 minutes ago, Washington said:

I would just rather have you guys just not exist, but I guess since people pay for VIP we have to keep you. Maybe if you guys did some RP I would think otherwise, but yes, I want BaseOps to be pointless. Because it is. 

Naval is not pointless, Its a core component of the GAR. Naval's passive roleplay has increased ten fold, you must not be paying attention, but thats ok. We have created a doc called the encounter document, basing even more Passive roleplay into the players hands. Naval is useful, naval run the ATC, the engine room, the armory, the debrief, the entirety of defense weapons of the ship, defcons, the list can go on. I don't need to explain, you have been apart of the community for long enough to actually understand naval do have a purpose. I shouldn't have to explain everything to a former marshal commander. 

Banned
2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Naval are honorary button pushers for atc

Shut up you defective meme xD

3 minutes ago, Maymays said:

Naval is not pointless, Its a core component of the GAR. Naval's passive roleplay has increased ten fold, you must not be paying attention, but thats ok. We have created a doc called the encounter document, basing even more Passive roleplay into the players hands. Naval is useful, naval run the ATC, the engine room, the armory, the debrief, the entirety of defense weapons of the ship, defcons, the list can go on. I don't need to explain, you have been apart of the community for long enough to actually understand naval do have a purpose. I shouldn't have to explain everything to a former marshal commander. 

Navals RP has been (Since I've been on Synergy) Lack Luster asf. On extensive for example was when Naval was best RP wise. And there was still so much that could have been done but wasn't and yes we told them to start doing it. But it wasn't done. IMO Naval should just be there to increase Passive RP.  NOT ORDER TROOPS AROUND.

Edited by TayTay
  • Agree 1
Banned
1 minute ago, TayTay said:

Navals RP has been (Since I've been on Synergy) Lack Luster asf. On extensive for example was when Naval was best RP wise. And there was still so much that could have been done but wasn't and yes we told them to start doing it. But it wasn't done. IMO Naval should just be there to increase Passive RP.  NOT ORDER TROOPS AROUND.

We don't ORDER people around, we call defcons, and do what is best for the SHIP. If that does require an order or two, than it is ok as long as it is a relatively simple, and actually a smart order, a higher rank in your battalion can always give you a different order, then you are required to follow that order, but at the end of the day, this isn't bad naval, this is a brand new naval that is honestly striving on a shit ship. because if the SHIP dies, WE ALL DO. We should've never left the extensive, that was a stupid idea. Naval strived on it because we had things to ACTUALLY ROLEPLAY WITH. Not, being forced to roleplay with a wall. I was in naval on extensive, the roleplay was the golden age of roleplay for naval. 

PEOPLE THIS A FUCKING VIDEO GAME. STOP LOSING YOUR SHIT OVER IT. IT DOESNT HELP. NAVAL ONLY HAVE RIGHT OVER LIKE A FEW BATTALIONS,BUT IF A HIGHER RANKED CLONES DOESNT WANNA DO WHAT A LIKE PO1 NAVAL WANTS? THEN WHY BOTHER? JESUS GUYS LOSING YOUR MINDS. MAKING NO SENSE LIKE HOW THE KSI VS LOGAN FIGHT WAS A DRAW. LIKE COME ON

• Winner 1

Former: Liaison

54 minutes ago, Maymays said:

Well before all you guys keep having a panic attack over a game, I was referring to the existence of Base Ops not Naval, maybe there was some miscommunication, but the comment I responded to was in a conversation regarding base ops. I shouldn’t have to explain to a Admiral how to read. 

Banned
2 minutes ago, Snadvich said:

GM/NULL/RC but that's pretty much it

In all reality, not really, I would say its about equivalent, but not really more. Naval are tasked with basically all passive roleplay outside of events, Naval do Engineer Roleplay, Engineer Training, Quartermasters RP, QM Training, Gunnery Training, ship defense roleplay, Medical roleplay (which is outstanding now), Medical training, we lead events for some for the majority of the events, even with this stigma of how naval is horrible from former experiences from Naval who aren't naval anymore, which completely ruins the experience of players, people still look to us to lead events and etc.

Banned
2 minutes ago, Washington said:

Well before all you guys keep having a panic attack over a game, I was referring to the existence of Base Ops not Naval, maybe there was some miscommunication, but the comment I responded to was in a conversation regarding base ops. I shouldn’t have to explain to a Admiral how to read. 

Miscommunication is miscommunication. I saw a comment of an attack on the thing I lead now, so as human nature would leave me to be, I defended it. Base Ops will operate much as current naval, but we will have more freedom to do everything as there will be many more avenues of roleplay to take.