Add Alpha ARC to SOBDE

Metro

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Metro

Suggestion: Add Alpha ARCs. (Replacing Covert Ops)

Implementation: I feel like Alpha ARCs would add a new and interesting group within the server that works will with the lore and encourages new roleplay. Alpha ARC would add a new layer of roleplay for not only the people who join but also for other groups such as Null ARCs, Rancor and Jedi. I feel like Alpha ARC should replace Covert Ops as it makes more sense. My plan for Alpha ARC would be as followed:

Implement 3 Classes, Alpha ARC CO “Valiant”, Alpha ARC CPT and Alpha ARC LT. It would be run similar to Null ARC however, with extremely difficult tryouts that test knowledge of lore, roleplay and combat prowess. The roleplay would be quite different from the other SOBDE Squads and I feel like it would boost overall lore and roleplay quality. There would be 4 LTs, 1 CPT and then Commander Valiant. The names will be announced if accepted for the 4 LTs and CPT.

Lore: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha-class_Advanced_Recon_Commando

(Who the Alpha ARC were is the above link)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Operations_Brigade

(Proof of them existing in SOBDE)

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1385361976&searchtext=Alpha+ARC

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Add

Job: Alpha ARC CO Valiant

Model: models/player/cgiarccommander/cgiarccommander.mdl

Weapons: Westar M5, DC-15a, DC-15s, DC-17 Dual Pistols, Republic Sniper

Other: Jetpack

Job: Alpha ARC Captain

Model: models/player/cgiarccpt/cgiarccpt.mdl

Job: Alpha ARC Lieutenant

Model: models/player/cgiarclt/cgiarclt.mdl

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Metro

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

14 minutes ago, Arroyo said:

-1 SOBDE has enough as it is. This is just overkill

The goal would be to replace Covert Ops as this would make more sense lore wise, I just realized I didn't add that in. *Edited Main Post to Reflect this* @Arroyo

Edited by Metro

9 minutes ago, LixCoffee said:

-1 doesn't seem right to replace CO with ARC. It would literally just be ARC but with Alpha in front of it. 

Alpha ARC has the lore and if put in the right hands could be turned into something similar to Null, I'm my opinion CO is pointless as the best way to train for RC/Null would be via actually going to tryouts...

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

In my opinion, CO is doing it's job well currently. As far as i'm aware, 4 CO troops have become RC so far which means that it has served it's intended purpose. There's no reason to replace it at the moment.

Banned

-1 SOBDE is the elite few on the server, not the elite many

2 hours ago, LixCoffee said:

One null squad is enough, adding another battalion like null is pointless 

They operate similar to Null with how they would be ran however they are completely different through roleplay. The Null and Alphas actually had a rivalry that was rather intense. They Aren't NULL, I only used it as a reference for how the Alphas would be organized.

46 minutes ago, Spooky said:

-1 SOBDE is the elite few on the server, not the elite many

Replacing Covert Operations with Alpha ARC would reduce numbers in SOBDE...….

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Korm said:

Personal Opinion: Zim said No.

Tester Opinion: Same as personal.

Pros: Not needed. Null > Alpha

Cons: zim said no.

Overall: -1

I repeat. Zim said.

So you don't have your own opinion, you just use Zim's?

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

-1 Haven't we gone over like this once before? No need to keep replacing battalions that don't need touched. *cough* *cough* If a battalion is doing fine then why fix something that doesn't need fixed? Just my thoughts on this.

Hank Voight

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

5 hours ago, Fizzik said:

So you don't have your own opinion, you just use Zim's?

Lol, stop attacking @Korm cause he agrees with Zim, If Zim says no it pretty much isn’t getting implemented. I agree with Korm, @Zim @Prince and everyone else who have -1’d it. You gunna say none of us have our own opinion?? 

8 hours ago, The Moose said:

Lol, stop attacking @Korm cause he agrees with Zim, If Zim says no it pretty much isn’t getting implemented. I agree with Korm, @Zim @Prince and everyone else who have -1’d it. You gunna say none of us have our own opinion?? 

If you -1 on your own opinion that's fine. I saw that he said under his personal opinion that he -1'd because Zim -1'd. Zim's a good guy don't get me wrong, but it's never good if you base your opinion based on what someone else said. 

EDIT: Also, I never attacked Korm, just questioned his -1, since as one of the current and soon to be THE current leader of SOBDE, his -1 carries weight. 

Edited by Fizzik
  • Agree 1

• Retired Founder
42 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

If you -1 on your own opinion that's fine. I saw that he said under his personal opinion that he -1'd because Zim -1'd. Zim's a good guy don't get me wrong, but it's never good if you base your opinion based on what someone else said. 

EDIT: Also, I never attacked Korm, just questioned his -1, since as one of the current and soon to be THE current leader of SOBDE, his -1 carries weight. 

Stop attacking people Fizzik, it’s not nice!

• Agree 1

neat idea but with all the new models and stuff it would just add up more costs

seems weird if CO was added like a month ago and they get replaced

since CO is apparently working why replace it really

overall: -1

3 minutes ago, Dragon said:

-1 to add them separately

I think it would be cool to add them, but not as a stand-alone.  Maybe as a Subunit to Rancor, similar to Torrent Company or Ghost Company.

Rancor already have Traumas Unit

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

5 hours ago, BigZach said:

I would honestly not be opposed to swapping Trauma's unit for alpha arc. With the current system, everyone joins rancor to be ARC, nobody has the desire to go down the ARF path. If we replace them, it'll ensure ARC is the path they go, with Alpha being the better part of the ARCs in rancor. 

Edited by Fizzik
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Fizzik said:

nobody has the desire to go down the ARC path.

I think you mean't to say the ARF Path, but I don't disagree Alpha would be cool to add to Rancor even if it is Lore Breaking.

+1  In general I think it's a good idea.  Alpha ARC would be interesting to see.  Null can look down on Alphas and Alphas can look down on Rancor. xD

• Agree 1

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

1 hour ago, Stockings said:

I think you mean't to say the ARF Path, but I don't disagree Alpha would be cool to add to Rancor even if it is Lore Breaking.

+1  In general I think it's a good idea.  Alpha ARC would be interesting to see.  Null can look down on Alphas and Alphas can look down on Rancor. xD

Yep I did, I typed it on mobile, autocorrect :P

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, BigZach said:

6 hours ago, Fizzik said:

I would honestly not be opposed to swapping Trauma's unit for alpha arc. With the current system, everyone joins rancor to be ARC, nobody has the desire to go down the ARF path. If we replace them, it'll ensure ARC is the path they go, with Alpha being the better part of the ARCs in rancor. 

Or we could have both like with 212th, 2ndAC and GC

4 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Or we could have both like with 212th, 2ndAC and GC

If you're implying Rancor getting a 2nd sub-group, I can already tell you now it's gonna be denied due to the fact that no more battalions will be getting another sub-group for a good amount of time. Yes I feel Alpha ARC could work, but adding a 2nd sub-group for Rancor wouldn't work.

23 minutes ago, Arroyo said:

212th is something different don’t bring them into this -_-

Arroyo, Chill out ffs

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander