Replacing Battalion Tags

Rolenth

Hello everyone, so this has been an idea that has been bouncing around the Community Managers and Founders and we'd like to hear y'alls opinion on this.

So the idea is to replace ALL BATTALION TAGS for REGIMENTAL TAGS.
I.E.: 212th,501st,GM tags will be delete and they'd get the Attack Regiment tag instead.
This will clear out 20 tags from the massive list of tags and help unclutter it all. 
We'd be removing 16 tags and you'd just have to put your battalion somewhere in your name.
Windu,Yoda,Jedi, Battalion Commander, All High Command and Admiral will stay.

vv This strawpoll is a simple yes or no. vv 

https://strawpoll.com/kr1z8cgy

I will be keeping this unlocked for open discussion about this. I personally really want to do this but I'm not going to to if the community doesn't. 
Also having a lot of tags is just eye cancer.

-Medic, Community Manager

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

WAS MEDIC

Banned

no

• Agree 1
  • Retired Founder

My argument to having them, People have to assign a pointless rank, that hardly defines who you are. ~ And has to be changed everytime someone switches, Changing your name should be simple enough.

It also takes up 20 tags on teamspeak. kms.

• Agree 1

I guess to add on. While it might clean things up it's just ten times better to know exactly what battalion someone is in from just looking at their tags and being able to represent your battalion. Battalion tags have always been a thing and they look nice. No reason to fix what isn't broken.

EDIT: Also technically anyone could just claim to be in any battalion from said regiment and you would have to check their white lists or battalion docs and that would be a hassle.

Edited by Rush Cat
  • Agree 3

In my opinion it would make everything a lot cleaner and less cluttered, overall it would make people's job easier. The only thing I see a problem with it is the confusion over who is in what battalion if they refuse to change their name. But its not a bad idea.

it is not really necessary to remove them in my opinion, having the battalion tag lets everyone know where you are and who you are with. The tag menu is really not that hard to navigate because all the tags are separated into sections. Removing sub unit tags i can understand because you are still part of that battalion but the main battalion tags as a whole i vote against.

Gonna make a quick edit, it makes it easier when doing a transfer from battalions because you have the ability to go straight to the battalion you need and get the information such as if it has been 3 days before they leave, let them know that said person is no longer in the battalion, or self promoting and trying to leave.

Edited by Egg
adding a quick thing
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, Jackson said:

Rush you don't even play

This is TS related. Which I am on everyday. This is also a very generalized issue so it can apply to a range of people, which I play the server every 2 or so days. I also put the no's as memes and put my real reason for saying it above.

• Coordinator
Coordinator

So Is there like an issue with having 20 tags like space or something cause if the tags work rn why remove em ?

6 hours ago, Joah said:

My argument to having them, People have to assign a pointless rank, that hardly defines who you are. ~ And has to be changed everytime someone switches, Changing your name should be simple enough.

It also takes up 20 tags on teamspeak. kms.

Every channel is 1 talk power pretty much, so without some tag nobody would be able to speak unless they get talk power.

:)

• Retired Founder
47 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

Every channel is 1 talk power pretty much, so without some tag nobody would be able to speak unless they get talk power.

We created a member tag to combat that :)

• Agree 1