[DIRECTORS] Changing Bail Prices

Scribbles

Name: Scribbles

Suggestion: Raising bail prices to promote Roleplay.

Implementation: Just changing a textscreen, and to give an incentive to players to not get themselves arrested. 
CC: 5k every arrest
1st: 20k
2nd 40k
3rd 60k
4th Contact Staff/ 80k Depending on reason

Lore: None
Workshop content: None

I have made a strawpoll for this suggestion for your ideas. 

https://www.strawpoll.me/15287111

• Disagree 3

Thats gonna be a big ol' +1 from me

First off, the higher bail prices will discourage breaking the law in the first place. Proving the ye olde saying of

"If you cant pay the fine, dont do the crime" -Oblivion Imperial Guard

Secondly, most troopers/Officers who will be bailing out their defectives will have the cash to do so, but the increase will have Officers of the arrested troopers taking harsher actions on their troopers for costing them so much money.

All around I personally believe this will help cut down on minging during prime time.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

-1 I shouldent be forced to pay CG 100k to bail somebody thats stupid and only benefits the CG bail should be cheap 5k and then I can PT my troops so they dont do it again

I have a straw poll up for the change prices. Lowest im gonna go is 20k per offence because its to enable people to not do stupid shit. Its the price to pay for being arrested (no pun intended)

• Agree 1
Just now, Scribbles said:

I have a straw poll up for the change prices. Lowest im gonna go is 20k per offence because its to enable people to not do stupid shit. Its the price to pay for being arrested (no pun intended)

its not gonna change anything because people dont pay their own bail its just gonna be a much larger pain in the ass to the officers who take care of it if they want to bail

+1 with the current salaries on jobs, bail prices are way too low, It doesn't take that long to get the amount needed to bail.

• Agree 1

Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore - "Pressure makes diamonds, Ease makes decay"

2 time Rancor BCMD, 3 time Commander Havoc

• Coordinator
Coordinator

-1 im not giving cg anymore money then they already get sry also like how the star poll doesnt have stay the same option

Edited by woeny23
  • Agree 2

-1, Just no, the amount of false arrests that I run into is insane. I will fork up the 10k and then either demote my naval or give PT but I am not paying that much just to unarrest my mates. Serious RP is a must i get that but, there are better ways than this.

+1 
The higher bail prices will deter some people from violating rules and doing stupid things which will result in a higher quality atmosphere and experience for everyone. Obviously, there will be some people who will continue to disregard the rules no matter the bail, but hopefully it will cut down on the amount of people breaking rules. 

Just now, Tojo said:

Id like to point out that a lot of the officers on the server have a fuckton of credits, with all of the Salaries getting upped a little within the past few updates, this makes sense in my honest opinion 

yes but this doesent mean we should give it to you

Personal Opinion: This is dumb. Y'all already get to much money being CG. I can smell this greedy pussy from here.

Tester Opinion:

Pros: None. I don't actually see a reason why this should be a thing. '

Cons: THIS DOES NOT PROMOTE ROLEPLAY. You have never seen a clone getting bailed and the person bailing paying a certain amount. This is honestly really dumb.

WAS MEDIC

5 minutes ago, Esitt said:

-1, Just no, the amount of false arrests that I run into is insane. I will fork up the 10k and then either demote my naval or give PT but I am not paying that much just to unarrest my mates. Serious RP is a must i get that but, there are better ways than this.

Wot? What false arrests have you encountered? If an arrest was false, then the person is released without charge after CG investigate in Brig. I don't see how bail prices are exactly related to that. If we made a mistake, they're released with no charge or get refunded. If not, then there is a problem with that CG. Please let me/an Internal Affairs of CG know of this in the future.

• Agree 1
Just now, Prince said:

-1 When you can't do money-grab events anymore so you try to do it outside of events

We arent trying to accomplish a money grab, we are simply trying to discourage people from committing the crime in the first place.

Just now, Tojo said:

We arent trying to accomplish a money grab, we are simply trying to discourage people from committing the crime in the first place.

How? The person who commits the crime doesn't even pay the fucking fine. It's a moneygrab and everybody knows it.

2 minutes ago, Tojo said:

Bruh, ya'll have some misfiring neurons if you think that. That's like banning guns and expect crime rates to go down.

Edited by Pyle
  • Agree 2
Just now, Tojo said:

i dont see how making Officers pay more will stop people from committing crimes this only benefits CG, is a slap in the Face to Officers and wont stop people from getting arrested because this doesent affect them

Just now, Pyle said:

Bruh, ya'll have a misfiring neuron if you think that. That's like banning guns and expect crime rates to go down.

Well if you want to be that blunt lets just take away all the gun while on ship so no one can commit any crime. 

• Disagree 1
Just now, Tojo said:

Well if you want to be that blunt lets just take away all the gun while on ship so no one can commit any crime. 

Ya'll do realize that the person getting arrested doesn't give a flying rats ass about bail prices? The criminal isn't paying the bail. 

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Deadly said:

Honestly, I have to -1 this, although @Tojo did make some fair points supporting it.

The main reason I'm a -1, is because I don't think it's really going to change much, other than making people either not be bailed or have to give up more money.

I would probably agree with Deadly, but im more neutral on this. It won't change the rates that people get arrested (Because the person arrested won't really pay for it), however it would decrease the rate of people getting bailed and arrested again shortly afterwards for breaking another rule. 

• Agree 1
Just now, Washington said:

-1 No.

+1 This new change is great. It might help battalions commanders to actually teach there troopers about discipline and how to do serious RP. Great choice scribble I think we should keep it. If you don't want to bail your trooper for the amount of money then don't! 

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Pyle said:

Ya'll do realize that the person getting arrested doesn't give a flying rats ass about bail prices? The criminal isn't paying the bail. 

its supposed to have their CO's enforce seriousRP more in a battalion to prevent these situations from happening in the first place

THIS IS NOT A MONEY GRAB, THIS IS TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES

If there is a false arrested then they would be released accordingly, the reason im putting it higher is because if someone gets arrested for a legitimate reason, im not going to tolerate having someone hop on their higher ranking clone/jedi/naval etc, just to bail someone then hop off and not do anything with their character.  I've noticed this quite often lately and people haven't been doing anything to punish your troopers. 
If you get arrested then pay the fucking time, its your choice to bail them, not ours. If It were CG's choice we wouldn't bail anyone, you got arrested for a reason, learn from it. 

Edited by Scribbles

Not gonna lie This doesn't seem like a bad idea. If it cost more less people will pay less meaning people will stay for the full length in the brig. If people eventually get tired of having to pay higher prices or staying in the brig for the full length of the arrest, may lead to battalions being more strict with whom they bring into their battalions, and stop the minging within the battalions. Secondly mostly CTs are getting arrested. For instance a day when we had a high volume of CTs minging and getting arrested. General Dill was bailing each and every one of them to let them go out and ming more, But this time having a General on ship minging with them. As far as battalions most of them ask for no bail to begin with on their troopers if they are arrested. So this doesn't even effect them. So i honestly don't see the problem with raising the prices abit. It's a chance to lower minging on the ship let it go as a trial if it does nothing then lower it again but if it works then keep it. Simple as that. I'm gonna +1

Just now, Rush Cat said:

-1 If you want people to be deterred from being arrested/minging then I would say make the last 2 bail prices way higher rather than all of the prices.

I might do this, this was suggested to me by the directors. 
Idea; Keep the normal Bail price to 10k, but if they get arrested again for the 2nd and 3rd then itll be like 40-60 or whatever. Because the amount of people ive seen hop on a high ranking character just to bail is stupidly high.

You dont see me bailing my troops for being arrested after they get AR'd by temple guards or Senate commandos. 

• Disagree 1
3 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

THIS IS NOT A MONEY GRAB, THIS IS TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES

If there is a false arrested then they would be released accordingly, the reason im putting it higher is because if someone gets arrested for a legitimate reason, im not going to tolerate having someone hop on their higher ranking clone/jedi/naval etc, just to bail someone then hop off and not do anything with their character. 
If you get arrested then pay the fucking time, its your choice to bail them, not ours. If It were CG's choice we wouldn't bail anyone, you got arrested for a reason, learn from it. 

There are better ways to teach someone a lesson than to RAISE THE FUCKING BAIL PRICES!!! You just salty because Senators can bail anybody.

4 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

If there is a false arrested then they would be released accordingly, the reason im putting it higher is because if someone gets arrested for a legitimate reason, im not going to tolerate having someone hop on their higher ranking clone/jedi/naval etc, just to bail someone then hop off and not do anything with their character.  I've noticed this quite often lately and people haven't been doing anything to punish your troopers. 

This is how you talk to people? Really? I expected better from you as an Admin. Maybe refrain from being an ass to people. So please refrain from being livid in a post.

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

5 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

Y O U D O N' T M A K E T H E R U L E S.

It'll push people away from the server, not being able to be bailed and whatnot. Who cares if they get bailed out? Holy shit. If someone is there to bail them they are there for a fucking reason.

• Agree 1
Just now, Rasputin said:

This is how you talk to people? Really? I expected better from you as an Admin. Maybe refrain from being an ass to people. So please refrain from being livid in a post.

Im not mad, this is literally a post to be "Hey, dont get arrested" And if the person gets arrested, then they should learn, not have someone bail and continue to do whatever. believe me i am not mad at all.

• Coordinator
Coordinator
7 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

So heres the thing Most time when i have to bail troopers is cause cg are being kinda naziish when its late at night and shit which you cant always be serious scribbles if this were constant serious i would almost see you in the brig behind bars every other day for somethings you do and thats just everyone because EVERYONE goofs around 

I don't support this. I personally feel that the bail prices are good as they stand. It gives a balance to officers and above who want to bail their men but may not have much money to do so because they want to buy weapons and skill points.

2 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

I mean 90% of the forums is more toxic than Reddit/4chan so 

inb4 toxic hatespeech

Just now, Scribbles said:

Im not mad, this is literally a post to be "Hey, dont get arrested" And if the person gets arrested, then they should learn, not have someone bail and continue to do whatever. believe me i am not mad at all.

Then make a post that says "Hey, don't get arrested" Not "Let's raise the bail prices so my battalion can get more money" This won't make people not want to minge. People are going to break rules and this isn't going to fix it bud.

Just now, Fours said:

It'll push people away from the server, not being able to be bailed and whatnot. Who cares if they get bailed out? Holy shit. If someone is there to bail them they are there for a fucking reason.

Exactly, they're there for a reason, and if you dont want to pay a high bail for someone then they should learn. 

2 minutes ago, Fours said:

Sorry bud but when Dill is bailing them out just to let them minge more and minge with them. It does not look good on the server. Dill is my boy but im not afraid to call im out either. Dill is a minge. Love him but its bad for the server. This could possible stop it maybe.

I am a CG and I think this is dumb. It just screws over officers , not the people who are the problem. I believe if anything we need to increase arrest time not increase bail. If RP is what you are trying to enforce, then double jail time not double bail.

Edited by warminer14
  • Agree 2

Just now, Jorrdan said:

Then make a post that says "Hey, don't get arrested" Not "Let's raise the bail prices so my battalion can get more money" This won't make people not want to minge. People are going to break rules and this isn't going to fix it bud.

Thats the point though, would it be more reasonable to increase the jail time? Because 10k is extremely easily acquirable. 

• Coordinator
Coordinator
1 minute ago, Scribbles said:

Thats the point though, would it be more reasonable to increase the jail time? Because 10k is extremely easily acquirable. 

no

Just now, Jorrdan said:

I mean that makes a little more sense but not something stupid like 30 mins.

Well 30 mins is too much though. 

Bail time or Price needs to happen because lately ive been seeing minging, people get arrested.

And easily pay bail so they can continue.  

1 minute ago, woeny23 said:

no

Just now, Jorrdan said:

I mean that makes a little more sense but not something stupid like 30 mins.

What do y'all suggest to help prevent crimes? If its reasonable we could try to implement it.

Alright, maybe you need to understand that most people are punished heavily for getting arrested outside of the actual arrest timer. Sometimes inst-demotion if that's how the battalion has it set-up. If it isn't a money grab, why do we even pay the CG to bail someone? It doesn't even matter which CG you give it to, I normally get one out of multiple who are like, "I need money, pay it to me". 'Splain dat. While no it's not a lot of money and is manageable for most players, doing this seems to be the least of the worries. Rather, why don't we take FailRP and such more seriously as we were suppose to. In case you didn't know, SAYING OOC IN VOICE CHAT DOESN'T MAKE IT OOC THIS HAS BEEN STATED MULTIPLE TIME. Which seems to be one of your favorite things mid RP. I am serious about this next part: You break my immersion constantly, and I have found that Ragen and some other CG (Which I don't remember the names for cause I don't have a good memory so I'ma leave it with you 2) do it constantly. Leave the punishment to the battalions because them getting arrested looks bad enough. Maybe try to encourage battalions with non-strict arrest rules to actually make sure their clones don't minge and don't get to leave scot-free

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Prince said:

Alright, maybe you need to understand that most people are punished heavily for getting arrested outside of the actual arrest timer. Sometimes inst-demotion if that's how the battalion has it set-up. If it isn't a money grab, why do we even pay the CG to bail someone? It doesn't even matter which CG you give it to, I normally get one out of multiple who are like, "I need money, pay it to me". 'Splain dat. While no it's not a lot of money and is manageable for most players, doing this seems to be the least of the worries. Rather, why don't we take FailRP and such more seriously as we were suppose to. In case you didn't know, SAYING OOC IN VOICE CHAT DOESN'T MAKE IT OOC THIS HAS BEEN STATED MULTIPLE TIME. Which seems to be one of your favorite things mid RP. I am serious about this next part: You break my immersion constantly, and I have found that Ragen and some other CG (Which I don't remember the names for cause I don't have a good memory so I'ma leave it with you 2) do it constantly. Leave the punishment to the battalions because them getting arrested looks bad enough. Maybe try to encourage battalions with non-strict arrest rules to actually make sure their clones don't minge and don't get to leave scot-free

Thats the thing though, people usually 'dont' get punished from what ive seen. Its usually just a talking too at the minimum. There isnt a bot for you to give the money for so this is what we';re supposed to do. If there was a bot to pay bail money too then yea, i'd completely change this post. We're not trying to get money, its supposed to be a higher amount because less and less people would want to bail, and they can serve time. 20k is pretty easy/simple to do, 1st offence is fine, but if the person has 2 or more arrests then they're clearly causing a problem and less people would want to bail them out if they are causing said problem. But as mentioned before, if the 20 each offense seems too much then i might just edit it to 10, then two or more higher things. 

Look I might be CG. But you can ask anyone on the ship if i make money. I give it away. I don't need the money to be fair, I rather use my money to help people who really want it or need it.So to me money is pointless. I am simply here to debate this topic cause i agree with it. And i will debate anyone who is against it if they wish to. Not here to slander anyone or put anyone on the spot but if it is what it is and you are out of line i will call you out on it in a polite way. But I am for this simply because its something, and since upping the time would require a change to the time and having to update the server for it. Granted it may not take long to do. it takes time away from our devs who are working on more important updates for us. I see this as a simple solution to a problem

• Coordinator
Coordinator
13 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

Thats the thing though, people usually 'dont' get punished from what ive seen. Its usually just a talking too at the minimum. There isnt a bot for you to give the money for so this is what we';re supposed to do. If there was a bot to pay bail money too then yea, i'd completely change this post. We're not trying to get money, its supposed to be a higher amount because less and less people would want to bail, and they can serve time. 20k is pretty easy/simple to do, 1st offence is fine, but if the person has 2 or more arrests then they're clearly causing a problem and less people would want to bail them out if they are causing said problem. But as mentioned before, if the 20 each offense seems too much then i might just edit it to 10, then two or more higher things. 

I mean you might not see the punishment but its normally there

Ok, after discussing with some people on this, would anyone be opposed to keeping the 1st offence to 10k, then raising the 2nd one past 20k, then the 3rd and 4th something like 40-60 or something reasonbly increased? 

Or I might make a post saying "add a bot that allows you to bail people" since alot seem to think we're money grabbing. We really aren't, but a bot would make this alot easier maybe. 

8 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

Ok, after discussing with some people on this, would anyone be opposed to keeping the 1st offence to 10k, then raising the 2nd one past 20k, then the 3rd and 4th something like 40-60 or something reasonbly increased? 

Or I might make a post saying "add a bot that allows you to bail people" since alot seem to think we're money grabbing. We really aren't, but a bot would make this alot easier maybe. 

Still a solid No.

• Coordinator
Coordinator

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 minute ago, Dadd said:

-1 minges will still minge, they will just leave their gmod open and afk  their jailtime while they watch a youtube video.
this is literally just because CG wants more money.

I mean, we've said its not about the money several times. I dont know why you guys find IMPOSSIBLE to comprehend that maybe we are just trying to make the community a better environment and do overall good for the server. 

But thats just my opinion

Just now, Tojo said:

I mean, we've said its not about the money several times. I dont know why you guys find IMPOSSIBLE to comprehend that maybe we are just trying to make the community a better environment and do overall good for the server. 

But thats just my opinion

if you didnt care about money then you would have suggested to make the jailtimes longer, not to increase bail amount.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Just now, Dadd said:

if you didnt care about money then you would have suggested to make the jailtimes longer, not to increase bail amount.

Jailtimes are literally long enough as it is. My thought process when I first suggested this to fox was
"Hey, I have an idea that might cut down on arrests, I think you'll like to hear it Fox"

not
"Im a greedy jew, how can I con people for credits on a server i've spent literally almost a year working to benefit *rubs hands*"

dont always assume the worst

1 minute ago, Tojo said:

Jailtimes are literally long enough as it is. My thought process when I first suggested this to fox was
"Hey, I have an idea that might cut down on arrests, I think you'll like to hear it Fox"

not
"Im a greedy jew, how can I con people for credits on a server i've spent literally almost a year working to benefit *rubs hands*"

dont always assume the worst

1st off thats racist.  2nd off if you think jailtimes are long enough, then you must think bail prices are big enough.  Because both give incentive to not get arrested.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Dadd said:

-1 minges will still minge, they will just leave their gmod open and afk  their jailtime while they watch a youtube video.
this is literally just because CG wants more money.

Well maybe if Battalions would actually do something about the minges within them then maybe something would get better. Again this isnt a money grab. People just don't like having to give other people money. And sorry even 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 k are chump change on this server. I mean hell if you have that much of a problem with it and think its a money grab then put a brig NPC up that takes the bail money instead of an actual person. And then those credits just pewf and no one gets them. Regardless, Something needs to be done. I mean for fucks sake Some SO troopers not gonna say who, but some of them have been arrested 15 times in two days. Call staff they don't do anything to them. Their commanders/officer do nothing to them. So they think oh hey not punishment well then guess i can do it again. Boom arrested again officer bails them they do it again boom arrested..... It just repeats and its bad how often this happens. SO THIS IS FOR EVERYONE ON THE SERVER WHO HAS -1 THIS IF YOU DO -1 IT THEN GIVE A REASON OTHER THAN MONEY GRAB. STOP BEING SPOILED LITTLE 2 YEAR OLDS AND ACT LIKE ADULTS AND HELP COME UP WITH A SOLUTION. I SEE ALOT OF -1s BUT NO FEED BACK ON WHAT "COULD" BE DONE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. All i see is moaning and crying and bitching and sissy fits. Trust me if you don't have ideas to help the problem then take your cancerous toxic bitch ass else where cause trust me you are only showing what a pathetic brain dead life form you really are.

• Agree 1
Just now, Dadd said:

1st off thats racist.  2nd off if you think jailtimes are long enough, then you must think bail prices are big enough.  Because both give incentive to not get arrested.

63cc350492c855599b8b0e3e0c9b53bc.png

Before Bacara brought this to our attention that it needed forums approval before enforcing it in the server, I prematurely made an announcement

NOT ONCE DID I MENTION CREDITS

5 minutes ago, Dadd said:

Gonna be honest, didnt think of that at the time. 
Didnt consider that, but 15 mins is still long. 

But i still feel like im gonna get witch-hunted because people dont want change, or just pay a little bit more than pocketchange.

• Disagree 1

I don't dislike criticism, it helps people understand faults and other perspectives. What I do dislike is how everyone decides to -1 and then say, we're only out for money. You have your right to a -1, but when you just reiterate the same disrespectful thing everyone else has said, it is just useless and doesn't help debate the topic.

2 minutes ago, Panzergrenadier765 said:

I don't dislike criticism, it helps people understand faults and other perspectives. What I do dislike is how everyone decides to -1 and then say, we're only out for money. You have your right to a -1, but when you just reiterate the same disrespectful thing everyone else has said, it is just useless and doesn't help debate the topic.

You are a beautiful person and thank you for posting this Though yous is a lot nicer than mine <;

1 hour ago, Scribbles said:

What do you mean they don't "usually' get punished? Every time a naval gets arrested me and Freck demote them on sight, no matter the rank. Mates should know better than to do dumb stuff in public. If its for a bullshit reason or unfair, then we understand but if they are blatantly breaking the rules, no exceptions.

2 minutes ago, Esitt said:

What do you mean they don't "usually' get punished? Every time a naval gets arrested me and Freck demote them on sight, no matter the rank. Mates should know better than to do dumb stuff in public. If its for a bullshit reason or unfair, then we understand but if they are blatantly breaking the rules, no exceptions.

Well this is Naval, i know how Naval bails work, this is mainly directed toward the Clone (Not naval) area.

Edited by Scribbles
  • Coordinator
Coordinator
3 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

Well this is Naval, i know how Naval bails work.

In the end its up to the officers to punish people for beign arrested in which most battlaions do but you may not see it cause you should be focusing on your batt

• Retired Founder

ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ.
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴄʟᴏsɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ ғᴜʀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅɪsᴄᴜssɪᴏɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ ɪ ᴀᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛᴏʀs.

@Jackson & @Oxen

• Retired Founder

Myself and Oxen discussed this rule and decided that as this current suggestion is written there would be no real benefit to the server or helping to enforce serious RP. We believe that changing all bail prices would not make a difference but there may be a compromise if you rework this idea into something else, no promises of course. For now, however, this suggestion is being denied.