Captin_Blackfire

Steam Name: [SR]Captin_Blackfire[VA]

RP Name: TRO SO JTL Commander Kitsune

Steam ID (SteamID Finder): STEAM_0:0:58974686

Regiment you are applying for: Reconnaissance 

Experience: 
In Synergy Roleplay:
101st NCO + Officer(One Month)
Now, I know what you're thinking: "The 101st? That position doesn't any value at all!" While I might not have learned the most about typical "leadership" values, I learned plenty of other vital skills, one of them being patience. As I'm sure everyone knows, we get a lot of minges on this server.  As the 101st was the starting battalion, you got everyone- the good, the bad, and the minges(Unless they were immediately snagged by staff). The 101st got the job with dealing with the bad and the minges. I've met some of the scummiest, mingiest,  stupidest people you'll ever come across. But I learned, that even the scummiest people can change. So I sat through every one of those confrontations with minges. I sat through being called racial slurs, massive disrespect, and the hollow threats to DDOS. I tried to turn every person. And sure, while a fair amount of the time it didn't work and staff picked it up. But for some, I got them to turn away without minging and ruining other's fun. And for the few, I managed to make them give Synergy RP a shot. Another thing I learned from the 101st was to be humble. The 101st was regarded as trash. Battalion disrespect towards the 101st was commonplace, and there was a whole slew of insults I would get commonly. And yet I still tried to be defensive and convince everyone that we were good. And, I realized after a while two things: One, that we really weren't that good, and two, why was it bothering me what they thought? It doesn't matter. I'll do my job and help my comrades, and the server, and become a silent workhorse, caring little about recognition or status from what the server thought, and just doing my job as well as I could. 

Special Operations(Three Months)

After the 101st was disbanded, I migrated to Special Operations and began anew again. Working my way up from CSM all the way to commander. Special Operations has taught me a lot, but mainly, it taught me about people. First of which in this category is drama. SO has had more than it's fair share of drama and it's been a heck of an emotional roller coaster ride. If you look at the BCMD reports on Ryx, you can see how much struggle we went through. Dealing with drama is an important part of being a leader. I realized that how many people handle drama, things just get worse and worse and worse. Myself included for a while. I made critical mistakes. And I learned from them. I realize drama needs to be settled by talking to all parties- not just someone taking executive action and thinking that'll solve it. I learned vital communication skills. Realized how to de-escalate situations, and keep them from becoming big problems. I also took the ability to manage, and oversee in SO. Upon receiving the role of Infrastructure Team Assistant Director and officer back when SO's officer core was small, I quickly picked up on how to manage a macro-battalion and keep everything running smoothly, from making sure the NCOs are doing their job, to keeping the roster docs up to date, to making sure rule breakers are dealt with swiftly. Managing a lot of people is not easy, and it is a vital skill to ensure the success of any regiment/battalion. Making sure everything ran efficiently allowed for SO to become one of the biggest battalions on the server that it is today. Finally, I learned how to oversee. This is similar to management, but not the same. I let myself step back and see what others did: even when they made decisions I disagreed with, as long as they could be justified as the "right" decision, I was not going to interfere unless it directly hurt the battalion, because everyone lead/handled situations differently, and it was important I did not infringe upon that. I interfered only when the decision was obviously bad(i.e "Everyone jump into the pit of lava!"). I would instead give them advice, but the final decision was almost always theirs. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Icefuse:

Military RP US Army(Four months):
It's not Star Wars RP, but most of the basic element remains the same. All the same skills were needed, instead, it wasn't laser bolts and droids, it was bullets and terrorists. 
In the US Army, over a period of four months, I climbed my way to COL(Which is basically the equivalent of a CMD, due to the fact that there was only one XO and one CO) through hard work and seizing the moment. It taught me perhaps the most vital skill of all: how to lead. How to efficiently give orders throughout a large group and make sure everyone executes their task flawlessly. Now, on this server, a large group in a battalion is 9 people. In Military RP, there were only 4 branches, one of them being inactive. So I ended up leading groups of up to 20. It was hard. But it made you learn. I realized how to use brevity and smart planning in order for everyone to execute their role. I made sure not to do it with an iron fist: if I made a stupid decision, I wouldn't yell at people for pointing it out, and instead, have them explain why and change it if the reason was valid. If I led alone with an iron fist, that would be toxic, and awful. I'm only human. 

Why should you become a Regimental Commander?:

I have the skills, and the tools in order to help this battalion the most. My invested time in battalions and branches has given me the skills I need to successfully oversee the Recon Division. The tools, mainly my position as Veteran Administrator will allow me to host training and simulations, and thus provide my regiment the grindstone they need to make their skills finely honed like a razor's edge. I also have plenty of experience in Recon so I know what this mostly regiment needs, as well as being able to provide as much assistance as I possibly can for the needs that I don't know exactly and any additional problems that may arise in the future.

Do you understand the lore of your regiment?: Yes.

Availability: 
Weekdays(Monday):

2pm-8pm

Weekdays(Tuesday-Friday)
4-10pm
Weekends: 
10am-10pm

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:
Veteran Administrator: Climbing the ranks of staff through hard work and finding myself at veteran administrator
TRO: Serving as a TR for months, and then passing the TRO exam.
SO Commander
101st 1stLT

Do you have a microphone?: Yes.

Where do you want your regiment to be at the end of your term?: 

I want the Recon regiment to be tight-knit-knowing each other like good comrades, and being able to trust and rely on each other in fight. Everyone is so closed off to each other. That needs to change. We are a REGIMENT. We will be deployed together. We will fight together, and if needed, we will die together.  No isolation. I will make Recon a team. However, this doesn't only mean trust in who everyone in-trust in their abilities as well. I will make sure Recon is a more than fit fighting force. I will help the battalions grow- assistance in recruiting, and more. Recon will be a force to be reckoned with by the end of my term, able to hold their own in combat, and exercise excellence in what they do: Reconnaissance. 

How do you plan to improve relations within your regiment?:

Simulated events, hosted twice per week, that allows each battalion to fight alongside each other, and trust in them and their skills. Hopefully, daily training that do that the exact same thing(albeit to a lesser degree). But most importantly, just let them talk to each other. Let them mingle in each other's channels sometimes(Of course making sure the BCMD or another higher up is okay with it, it's still not acceptable for me to step on their feet). Let them know who they are as people. On top of that, establish regimental meetings so that vital communication lines are established, allowing for problems to be solved sooner. Establish friendships and a sense of camaraderie. It is proven that those who know each other better will perform much better in the ring of honour. I will bring the people of Recon together.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes.

Do you understand that your position has a two month term limit and you must reapply after two months to maintain your regimental commander rank?: Yes.

Addressing some questions/concerns some of you may have:
"You're only a commander! Only BCMDs are fit for this position!" 
I've been in Recon for almost 3 months now, and commander for two of those months. That's more time in CMD than a lot of BCMDs have spent in their position. I also have plenty of prior experience that provides me with vital skills that aren't only exclusive to BCMDs.

"You're abandoning SO!"

Not quite. I am helping the entirety of Recon, and as an extent, SO will be helped through my position. On top of that, there are more than enough capable and talented people in the SO officer core that can learn the ropes, and one day become great commanders themselves. 

"You don't have that many listings for experience!"
Quality over quantity. Though I may not have many listings, I have stayed in those battalions for months, steadfastly loyal(Only leaving the 101st because it was scrapped), learning even more than I would have if I just kept battalion hopping around.

Edited by Captin_Blackfire
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

+1

-1 I think you should be bcmd before regimental. Only makes sense to go in order of rank, rather than skipping ranks. No BCMD+ experience yet you go for regimental. I don't like it tbh. I think you should wait longer and gain more experience before applying for this position.

P.S. Based on the current feedback, you'll likely get the position, so if you do, then best of luck to you.

Edited by Deadly
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

+1 i think your ready to move up

Spoiler

2ndAC Parjai-4 WO BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

Alrighty.

I do hope most of you realize that, pragmatically speaking, there is 0 difference between a senior officer and a BCMD apart from title and strict authority.  Anyone who has made at least Major/Colonel should be capable of running a battalion considering most of this is a team effort on the part of high command within said batt.  Because SC, oh wait, SO, has this mentality, we have bred some extraordinary leaders and highly competent paper shufflers, which ultimately is all this comes down to; don't let that ostensible flash fool you.  Kitsune is a high quality guy with the right approach.  Any other choice is an outright refusal to accept that new blood can contribute.

+1

• Retired Founder

This application has been voided as per the request of the applicant.

This is your only void given for the next 30 days. If you void another application in the next

30 days you will be unable to apply for another commander position for 30 days.