Readd Additional Senior Officer Ranks

Name: Spartan | Centurion

RP Rank: Sergeant Major

Suggestion: Readding the Senior Officer ranks back. Lieutenant Colonel and Colonel. Adding more of a building block to get to Commander and having a better Senior Officer Corps than just a group of Majors.

Why?: Personally I played back in 2021 and since then they were removed, I personally am unaware of when exactly that change happened. But from talking to people on the server I was told that the main reason a lot of ranks were removed was because of low server population. Well seeing as the server is usually hitting 90+ per day, I don't see the low server pop as an issue to keep this away. But instead of nostalgia onto the ACTUAL reason why. It adds the ability for Senior Officers to build and show their leadership skills before earning the rank of commander. It also really allows the existence of a Senior Officer Corps again. Right now we have a Enlisted, NCO, SNCO, Junior Officer, and Command. Major just feels like a buffer rank into command like how Warrant Officer is from SNCO to Junior Officer. A trial period instead of what Junior officers can go to when their not sure of something. 

How it should be implemented: I asked my BCMD on what the limit of Majors was. Cause back in the day it was 4 Majors, 3 Lieutenant Colonels, and 2 Colonels Leaving a grand total of 9 total Senior Officers allowed. In a perfect world you'd have a healthy Junior Officer Corps before you had a full Senior Officer Corps. This was also the days with 4 Commander Slots (including 1 XO slot) However, now we only have 2 clone commander and 1 Jedi Commander slots in a battalion. So my proposition is 3 Majors, 2 Lieutenant Colonels, and 2 Colonel slots. The Colonels would, as they were, the top of the chain before command. So 7 Senior Officer Slots in total along with the current 2 clone and 1 Jedi commanders. 

Implementation: Adding Lieutenant Colonel and Colonel into the rank tree. Let me be clear I have 0 clue about the coding aspect behind the scenes. IT could be simple, or it could be complicated. I have 0 clue. 

Lore: This one is a bit tricky as I don't think the clones used Colonel or Lieutenant Colonel in lore, but I also don't think they used most of the enlisted ranks or Major either so ya know.

Workshop Content: Requires Development, adding the commands into the server along with having the additions to rosters. 

Other: Yes I'm an old player, yes some of this is nostalgia. I've talked to a good amount of other players about it and they've all stated their openness to the ranks return. But I've also heard that rank additions have been shut down for awhile. So we'll see on that end. If this fails, aw well. I can at least say I tried.

Thanks all for your input!

Edited by Centurion
Addition that I forgor
  • Dumb 1

Was a Fox I guess. Just an old Synergy vet.
Explore roman centurian GIFs

-1 only reason is there a battalion whose Officer corps that actually need the extra ranks because seems most of maybe at most 6 to 7 including the BCMD. 

Update: +1 Honestly COL should be back since it’s a lore rank but it’s also a good spot for people to be before Commander. I just really hope people don’t do fast promotions to COL or other ranks that get added because it would this ranks feel more like filler. 

Edited by KillJoy
  • Informative 1
  • Confused 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

24 minutes ago, KillJoy said:

-1 only reason is there a battalion whose Officer corps that actually need the extra ranks because seems most of maybe at most 6 to 7 including the BCMD. 

I respect this opinion. My only counter argument to this is that it has worked in the past. However it was honestly not something I considered. So that leaves room for thought. The main reason for this suggestion was to properly establish a senior officer corps like back in the old days. Instead of just having a couple of majors and commanders under the BCMD. Which in my eyes, can prove to be a problem. But to think about it for the smaller battalions It would leave some good empty slots in the middle. Like I said, room for thought, and appreciate the opinion.

• Agree 1

+1, but I'd only like to see COL back. 

• Agree 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1 Thinking on it more, I can agree with Brooklyn, just bring back 1 Senior officer rank back. Col or LT. Col

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

Veteran Admin

+1 id like to see COL back but with that said I don't think ranks for senior officers should have slots

+1 

We now have the sustainable population, and most battalions have the numbers, to support a return to form with the old ranks added back. 

Personally I think all the old ranks should be added back (the 2 NCO ranks, the 3 Officer ranks, and XO), as it allowed a more obvious chain of command, and allowed battalions to establish different responsibilities while also allowing for progression. It'd also be better to add everything at once, instead of adding back some ranks now, and then someone suggesting adding the other ranks back in 6 months.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Dumb 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

GM Leadership

+1 Adding back 2LT to officer ranks and COL senior officer would be perfect in my eyes. I don't care much for LTC.

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

1 hour ago, Finn said:

+1 

We now have the sustainable population, and most battalions have the numbers, to support a return to form with the old ranks added back. 

Personally I think all the old ranks should be added back (the 2 NCO ranks, the 3 Officer ranks, and XO), as it allowed a more obvious chain of command, and allowed battalions to establish different responsibilities while also allowing for progression. It'd also be better to add everything at once, instead of adding back some ranks now, and then someone suggesting adding the other ranks back in 6 months.

I also agree with this. However I felt it would be easier to slowly rebuild and see how everything gets handled then to completely add everything and if it goes poorly we lose everything as someone can make the argument, "See it didn't work." I'd love to see all the ranks back, but I believe in one small step at a time. Let's show people that they can be handled. 

• Informative 1

Head Admin

+1 i think this is a good idea

Current: BCMD Cody (FIRST IRISH & WELSH CODY)
Former Waxer | Former Boil | Former Wyler

+1 yes please for the love of god

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

Agree with Brooklyn, I enjoy the longer wait times to get promoted on the server we have established, I would be ok with just COL and just addicting back more of the JO ranks also. 

But honestly I think were fine where we are personally.

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

Head Admin

image.png?ex=65fe2650&is=65ebb150&hm=acb

Idk man, don't think it'll happen, @Marvelthoughts?

-1, got denied about a month ago for a single rank already, seems pointless. 

• Dumb 1

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

-1. I don't want to sit at another rank for 30+ days.

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

• 4 weeks later...