Aegis' Fox Application

Aegis

Steam Name: Aegis | Synr.gg

RP Name: CG DSL XO Stone

RP Rank: XO

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:50686372

Battalion you are applying for: Coruscant Guard

Experience: I have spent my entire Synergy career in CG, climbing from PVT to XO, and I have worked to achieve Guild Marshal as well. All the while I have been trying my best to engage with those around me, give my battalion a good face and reputation, and generate ideas I feel could help. Additionally, I've previously held the equivalent to Synergy BCMD on another server, where I had climbed from PVT to CPT to lead the recon company, rehabilitating their mingey reputation into a solid semi-elite company of scouts and marksmen. Throughout my time, I've learned some of the most important lessons; It's okay to ask for help. You don't have to have an answer for everything, but be honest about it, and try to find the answers.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: The Coruscant Guard is currently in need of updating, restructuring, and some active trainings. We need to ensure we have a stable officer corps, comprised of individuals who work well together, and not rely solely on the efforts of just one or two people. I feel I can build that team, instill discipline, and get the battalion that metaphorical fresh coat of paint in order to increase activity.

Availability: I can find a few hours at minimum every day, barring any unusual circumstances, and even when not present I can be reached via Discord. To elaborate on my work schedule, I work on a 2-2-3 rotation. What does that mean? I work two days, am off for two, then work for three, then off for two, then work for two, then off for three, rinse and repeat. All my shifts are 12 hours, and I switch between day shift and night shift regularly (though that may change to steady days soon). Despite this I have still been an active member of the community, making the most of my free time.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: I joined 2 Months & 16 Days ago, and have played for 521 Hours 17 Minutes 12 Seconds at the time of writing.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes.

Where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term?: I want to establish framework to give Coruscant Guard members a proper ladder to climb, establish a team of officers to run different aspects of the battalion, clean up and consolidate our documents, restore discipline, and finally I want to get activity ramped up. This will be an inside-out approach. Fix internal flaws, improve training, give everyone the tools to excel, and the rest will begin to fall into place to aid in rehabilitating inter-battalion relations. There is also the elephant in the room in the form of the Diplomatic Service sub-unit, but I will save that for my last point.

With the framework I wish to build, a new CG recruit will be able to know what is expected of them if they wish to climb to the next rung of the ladder, and officers will know what to look for in candidates for promotion. This will come in the form of a merit-based system that rewards consistent quality over quantity. This will help people determine for themselves how far the wish to progress, where they may be comfortable, and what will be asked of them in their position, current or desired.

Secondly, by establishing a team of officers to run key aspects of the battalion I hope to eliminate having a single point of failure. If one person leaves, or needs to take an LOA, we have the personnel to compensate until that person returns, or a new candidate is promoted. Furthermore, by having a trusted team with the capabilities to take action we don't run into the problem of requiring command to micro-manage every aspect. The job of a BCMD is to command the Battalion, and they cant do it all if they want to remain sane, hence why officers are there. The NCO corps will be capable of directing the enlisted, and bringing the concerns of the enlisted members to the officer corps, or handling the minor issues themselves. 

This brings me to the culmination of my previous two points; comfort and enjoyment. While there are duties that someone may not like, there are others that may enjoy them, and this can create a balance where goals get achieved with gusto. Teamwork makes the dream work. Combined with a system to reward those who excel once they find their passions, I firmly believe that activity will increase, and members will feel involved in this success.

As it stands with CG documentation, there is plenty to be done. I hope to consolidate things using a hub, as to have an easy source for the important documents and information. Once we have established which documents are necessary, they will be updated to reflect our needs, the needs of the server, and given a new format. To further aid in this, I have been coordinating with legacy members, as well as members who have been around longer than I, to dig up older documents that are far more thorough than our current ones, and can offer much to the Coruscant Guard. Once we have some lovely, thorough, and easily accessible documents, anyone in CG will be able to find what they need to know quickly and efficiently.

As for the Diplomatic Services, I have been swamped with the sudden resignation of our previous battalion commander. That does not mean I haven't given any thought to the matter, nor have I failed to consider the current state of the Senate. The Senate is currently experiencing a boom in activity, which will hopefully bring more Senate Guard activity, and give the Coruscant Guard's sub-unit the opportunity to better fulfil their role. I plan to work in coordination with the Senators and Senate Guard to ensure that the boys and girls in blue can perform their duties as bodyguards, while the Diplomatic Service Corps handles the overall security detail. New trainings will encourage DS members to be a rapid reaction force, ready to respond appropriately, and proportionately, to any situation. While the Senate members are not present, DS can use these rapid reaction trainings to become a premier riot control/SWAT team. Kick it in; section it off; lay them out.

The best part? I've already begun implementing these changes, with good results. The Coruscant Guard has been accepting new members, increasing activity, and diligently working behind the scenes. If I am given the chance I believe that by the end of my term there will be a well-oiled machine ready to accept the next BCMD.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: Yes.

• Optimistic 1

spacer.png

+1 Honestly you have solid idea for what you want for CG. Plus I know you're already working towards some of the things you mentioned. I'd like to see the idea for DS play out. While your "Why should you become a Battalion Commander" is a little lacking, you do make up for it with what you have planned for CG.

• Informative 1

+1. I don't have much to say. I've been in your shoes. You deserve your interview. Best of luck!

• Optimistic 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1

• Agree 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

+1 Best Stone I have seen so far

• Pay Respect 1

Current: 2ndAC Spark
Former: 501st Kickback | 501st x2 Havoc Squad Acid | Dooms Unit x10 | CG x6 Rancor x1 | Naval Lightning Staff x5 212th x2 GM x3  | Jedi Lightning | Green Company Lead x4 | 2ndAC x1 

+1 best fit for Fox at the moment.

• Optimistic 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1 Absolutely phenomenal roleplay, would love to see a little more enforcement when it comes to getting members online and how they operate in-game. 

My example being the completely unhinged debriefs that have been happening recently with PTS breaks. I'd love to see more enforcement on matters as simple as that; should be easy, we've been doing it for 5 years LOL.

• Pay Respect 1

7 hours ago, Bbstine said:

+1 Absolutely phenomenal roleplay, would love to see a little more enforcement when it comes to getting members online and how they operate in-game. 

My example being the completely unhinged debriefs that have been happening recently with PTS breaks. I'd love to see more enforcement on matters as simple as that; should be easy, we've been doing it for 5 years LOL.

Thank you for the feedback. Getting people online has been a challenge that we are working on as a team, and has been yielding mixed results. As for in-game operations, we are actively writing new guidelines, tryouts, and the like. This will be to ensure that CG know when to use their words to politely issue warnings, be harsher, or arrest immediately. Furthermore, going forward we will be instituting a sit with the arrested individual(s) to explain the situation, and receive their side of the story. Mistakes can be made, we're all human.

In summary; we're working on it, trying to be thorough, and tactful going forward.

spacer.png

+1 Really Good plans for the battalion

Spoiler

2ndAC Parjai-4 WO BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

I am going to be honest here in my opinion. And have a hot take after looking at every other vote. I high key give it a -1. I see him slowly unraveling all the work Tessa (and a liiiitttle bit of Arizona) put in to make CG server friendly. When I first joined like, 3-4 months ago, CG was cringe. Arresting like crazy and yelling at anyone they did not deem "okay". BH's literally made a commission to just kill them because they were annoying. Then Arizona took over and Tessa go the XO spot. She behind the scenes worked her butt off to get CG liked again by the masses. Then she took over BCMD and took off with peeps enjoying and even joining CG. BUT, from the moment she has left, I have seen Aegis as the highest in command, start to lead things back to the "fun police". Going from minging himself when he was not high rank, to now disciplining peeps and arresting peeps for simple reasons. And many people who interacted positively with peeps who wanted to have fun have left because of this. Including myself. Anyways, that be my hot take. :D

• Informative 1
2 hours ago, Neopolitan said:

I am going to be honest here in my opinion. And have a hot take after looking at every other vote. I high key give it a -1. I see him slowly unraveling all the work Tessa (and a liiiitttle bit of Arizona) put in to make CG server friendly. When I first joined like, 3-4 months ago, CG was cringe. Arresting like crazy and yelling at anyone they did not deem "okay". BH's literally made a commission to just kill them because they were annoying. Then Arizona took over and Tessa go the XO spot. She behind the scenes worked her butt off to get CG liked again by the masses. Then she took over BCMD and took off with peeps enjoying and even joining CG. BUT, from the moment she has left, I have seen Aegis as the highest in command, start to lead things back to the "fun police". Going from minging himself when he was not high rank, to now disciplining peeps and arresting peeps for simple reasons. And many people who interacted positively with peeps who wanted to have fun have left because of this. Including myself. Anyways, that be my hot take. :D

Thank you for your honesty in this matter, it is much appreciated, and I am always open to helpful advice/feedback. Knight and I are both striving to find a balance between strictness and leniency, in order to achieve proper discipline. Yes, I was previously on the mingey spectrum, and not the best behaved, but I have since learned, and worked to be more responsible. I am not seeking to unravel anything that anyone has done, but grow and improve on what works. Upon seeing CG members taking on a deployment with stunsticks, rolling melons down slides, and playing with a no-collided wall, among other things, it was a bit of a wakeup call. I say this because immediately after that deployment, we set up a little sports arena in MHB, and played melon ball; it was silly, but in a good way, and was even explained away in-character to an event character. As someone in a position of authority, there are expectations of me, and I feel it necessary to hold myself to a higher standard. While you say simple reasons, please understand that they may be cumulative, or not as simple as you believe.

We are capable of balancing seriousness with fun, and members should know what is expected of them. Be active, engage in RP, don't stun people with their batons, don't go looking for excuses to arrest, and be tactful in their warnings/interactions. Part of this is to do with our trainings, and the attitudes individuals hold, while part of it is the nature of the job. Yes, we do need to work on warnings and tact, but recognize that we are obligated to act when we see something happening, regardless of who is at fault. Nobody is above the rules, and we will be working to discuss situations with those arrested in case there is a misunderstanding, and context was not given to us. Additionally, it's hard to present ourselves in a good light, when our members prefer to stand in the Detention Center, only reacting to an AOS or similar situation. We will be pushing for the Detention Center to be a business zone, and not a hangout. It would help members have more fun as CG, if they actively partook in things around them. 

I do encourage anyone to speak up if they have feedback on how/where we can improve. To further this goal, Knight has created a CG Feedback Form, which we hope will be taken seriously, and used productively. It can currently be found among the links listed in the Coruscant Guard TeamSpeak channel.

spacer.png

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director or Myself to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

Edited by Woeny
  • Confused 1
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

You will be contacted by a Director or relevant High Command for your denial reason.

You may apply for another commander positions after 30 DAYS from this post.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED