Mystic's Bacara Application

Mystic

➼ Steam Name: Mystic

➼ RP Name: Commander Jet

➼ RP Rank: Commander

➼ Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:543219273

➼ Battalion or squad you are applying for: Battalion Commander Bacara

➼ Experience(s):

(This is my first application on the forums, if you have any questions feel free to comment and i'll try my best to respond)
Also, Merit reqs are not in my app. 

212th HVY (Private-Sergeant)-

During my time in 212th was short lived it was super enjoyable, I had the pleasure of joining under @Bacta and I believe @Mater (When he was Barlex) and it was a time I'll never forget. I was just a CT running past and Bacta invited me over to take a picture with 212th. Then asked me to join. I accepted. At that moment I felt like I could get along with people on the server since nobody had approached me that way prior. In my time with 212th I jumped up to NCO pretty quickly, though I quickly departed 212th since I was fairly inactive and at the time wanted to help rebuild 21st.

21st HVY (SGT-MSG)-

Although it's the same battalion, This is my Heavy regiment time in the 21st. It taught me the basis of roleplay (as heavies are supposed to be on the frontlines and taking the shots) and I believe this is where I made my name start to appear. I was constantly up front in fights and was always commended at debriefs for my heavy roleplay, While this term might be insignificant compared to my time in SO. I just wanted to state I did experience Galactic Marines and haven’t spent all my time as Special Operations.

Doom’s Unit HVY (MSG)-

I originally joined DU to test the waters, as I spent my time in ATK with 212th I wanted to feel around the Siege regiment a bit more, Under Stroodle I hopped into Doom’s Unit and immediately felt welcomed. The atmosphere there was incredible, The people there were so diverse and the way they roleplayed was so drastically different compared to 21st. Though my time in DU was super short lived as I got home sick, I loved the people there (and still do) it gave me the gist of how the Siege regiment works and how well we could make the 2 battalions work together. 

21st/SO (MSG-Commander)-

After departing from Doom’s Unit I spent the rest of my time on the server in 21st. My first goal was to get into SO. Once I achieved that I started working my way up the NCO corps and was diligently logging merits. In about 2 weeks or so I had reached CSM, and after some time as CSM i was nominated for WO. At that same debrief I was given the Jet lore character. As Jet I was practically XO of Special Operations. I first made sure we got our lore positions filled in SO. With a full leadership team of Blackout, Jet and Spark i made pushes for recruits and incentivized all of 21st and proved myself as a WO. After almost 20 days and 3k merits i was promoted to Captain and started climbing the officer ranks. About 2 months later I was promoted to Commander. I have done much to help Special Operations and 21st as a whole, from Intel work to filling up subunits and making sure people were feeling comfortable and understood the battalion. I was nominated as trooper and later recruiter of the week and commemorated for my help to the battalion. My biggest accomplishment of this time was being able to stay as unbiased as possible across our 2 subunits. I would advocate for KU as much as I would  SO when people asked me about the 2. I believe the quality of being unbiased is somewhat of a necessity as a CO.

Admin (Important to me)-

As an admin on the server it taught me patience and I learned alot about how to interact with others and how to calm situations, or be creative with my ideas. I managed to get staff of the week in my first week as NA. I wouldn’t necessarily count this as roleplay experience but my time in staff taught me about the fun side of Synergy, and the more serious side of Synergy that comes with leadership positions (or being looked up to). Staff also showed that if you put your mind to it you can easily achieve most things you attempt and also show others how fun it can be to do something other than possibly minge. It really shows the different views that this server has between the players.   

➼ Why should you become a Battalion Commander?:

As of now, Gadget’s fourth term has ended, I feel as though i am quite qualified for the position as one of the 2 Clone Commanders in 21st. I have made quite a good reputation for myself across Synergy as a whole and mesh well with many of the current Siege BCMDs and the current Siege Regimental. I am able to adapt and quickly overcome obstacles or help smooth out any sort of issues that arise in my battalion as I've been around the block and seen a lot of the issues prevalent within 21st. Going along with that, I get along well with the command structure on the 21st. As it is, I plan on maintaining stability and a solid core playerbase for my term and with the current command in 21st I am capable of that.

➼ Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?:

Yes, 

The 21st Nova Corps (Later the Galactic Marines)- 

These were a unit of elite Clone Troopers who served the GAR. They’re most well known for the role played sieging Mygeeto and their unique synthmesh visors and their unwavering loyalty to Bacara and the GAR. Willing to go as far as taking on a battalion of B2 battle droids with no guns to win against impossible odds. They were commanded by Ki-Adi Mundi and CC-1138 Commander Bacara. 

Keller’s Unit-

Led by Commander Keller, General Kai Hudorra and Commander Noirah Na, these troopers were a detachment unit of the Galactic Marines and were only seen in the Battle of Toola where they rode Mastmots with 2 mounted laser turrets on each side. After Order 66 General Simms was eliminated, While Noirah Na and Kai Hudorra were the only Jedi survivors.

Special Operations-

(Though not canonically linked to 21st except for Jet’s Unit working with Ki-Adi Mundi) Special Operations were Clone Troopers skilled in several different varieties of warfare, Ranging from Desert assault, Covert Ops, all the way to full on space warfare or sabotage. They were led by Commander Jet during the Battle of Geonosis, and Commander Blackout during the Battle of Christophsis (in space). These troopers were trained to use experimental stealth technology such as the IPV-2C corvette and Sonic Helmets that allowed them to hear even the most subtle movements, which proved fruitful in the caves of Geonosis. 

➼ Availability:

Weekdays from 4pm to 2am EST

Weekends could vary. Usually anywhere from 12pm to 12am EST

Discord - Usually 24/7

➼ Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?:

Roughly 1100 hours.

➼ Do you have a microphone?:

Indeed I do.

➼ Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?:

I want to focus on maintaining the stability prevalent in 21st right now, Preserving our currently active player base is much more important than recruiting people who may or may not stay, while i also would like to incentivize recruiting more i feel like our current players should be our top priority that way we can keep an active NCO/Officer corps. I would also like to adjust how promotions work in 21st, as of right now the NCO corps seems like a cakewalk as long as you meet your time in the battalion promotions are bound to happen,  This term would be about setting up the building blocks for our future Bacara to build off of. In short, in order to beef up our NCO corps I'd like to put in place a system requirement to make promotions abit more earned and host recruitment contests. People that put in the most work and effort will be rewarded with either credits or a promotion. As for the Officer corps, I'd like to make the Officers interact with NCOs more. We dont need alot of Officers, we need quality over quantity. Even if a select few shadow recruitments/trainings and do things such as instructing NCOs and putting forth their best effort (be it in game or doing docwork as an intel member) they will be recognized. I have a feeling that should 21st undergo any big changes it could have an impact on the current structure 21st has that seems to be holding up, so I don't want to change much of what has been put in place so delicately by the ones before me. Though on the contrary, I'd very much like to increase our battalion communication as we seem to be solo most deployments or events with little to no communication, I'd like to increase our productivity on the server and push our NCOs to host trainings and SIMs when available, and reward them for their efforts.

➼ Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes.

➼ Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:

Yes.

Edited by Mystic
Removed the idea for adding Merits back, But rethinking in my own way.
  • Dumb 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Banned

Big +1
200.gif

• Informative 1
  • Dumb 1

Former Senior Senator Lux Bonteri Bail Organa 501st COL  Sarge HVOO Tup MEDO Hawk SUPL Denal ARCL Current: Senate Main
4A70906B-EC3B-4443-BC3B-E693D347B979.gif

Banned

I know you hate breaking bad, but still +1 you would fit for the position homie good luck! breaking-bad-i-am-the-one-who-knocks.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Dumb 1

Screenshot_20230225_024356.png

Former: Puddle WifeTorrent Company REGL COL Boomer

Banned

• Funny 1
  • Dumb 2

Current: Jedi Master Diplomat Saesee Tiin + Alpha-78 Valiant  ||  Former: CF99 Tech | DS Rys | RT Bigmouth | 327th PFC Vindin

48 minutes ago, Inactive said:

I was honestly going to +1 but this really changed my opinion on the whole 21st tbh. The way you really broke down how the battalion needs to change and why mystics cannot do it just puts a lot of things in a better perspective. gotta really hand it to you for this. 

While your application has a major focus on experience and a lack of large plans I can see how you're a good candidate. I would warn you that Merit/requirements can create burn out in NCOs and also often leads to Officers becoming lazy as they no longer have those hard requirements they need to achieve. 

overall, if you stay weary of requirements and ensure you keep a motivated and hard working officer corps I think you'll do fine +1

• Funny 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

11 minutes ago, Comics said:

I was honestly going to +1 but this really changed my opinion on the whole 21st tbh. The way you really broke down how the battalion needs to change and why mystics cannot do it just puts a lot of things in a better perspective. gotta really hand it to you for this. 

While your application has a major focus on experience and a lack of large plans I can see how you're a good candidate. I would warn you that Merit/requirements can create burn out in NCOs and also often leads to Officers becoming lazy as they no longer have those hard requirements they need to achieve. 

overall, if you stay weary of requirements and ensure you keep a motivated and hard working officer corps I think you'll do fine +1

Wish i could react twice haha.
As for the large plans, I feel the key right now is to make sure our already burnt out player base feels rewarded and maybe it'll be a light sprinkle of cold water on that burnout. I appreciate the feedback aswell, The app was quite arduous and I didn't want to type too much, so the watching of requirements and keeping an eye on my NCOs/JOs is definitely something i plan to do. Just writing this for anyone else curious. 

Edited by Mystic
Clarity, formatting, punctuation etc.

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti

+1 Mystic carried 21st when I was in it and he does more than he is asked to as well is a great overall officer and in my opinion the best fit for the position atm.

• Agree 1

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

+1 good luck if you get it I will be interested to see how you do.

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1 Best pick in my opinion

Edited by Slak

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

-1 I would have thoroughly said you are a good candidate, however you are suggesting bringing back the dense merit system that other battalions currently use, I am very sorry but that will not help fix 21st and I am near certain that it will kill off the battalion even more than it already is. If you do end up getting it for the love of everything good please do not do merits I promise you will regret doing it, 21st isn't holding up as you said it, I was literally one of the only people online other than drone and a few others like hector.

Truthfully you are looking at fixing this the wrong way man.

• Agree 1
  • Optimistic 1

guh

-1 Merits are an awful idea and only makes a very specific NCO work harder and get things done which is rare in the server nowadays (tends to be with new players who haven’t been through the system yet, but are hardworking). I also see small issues in maturity, but that’s not a huge issue at all and could be overlooked if it weren’t for the merits.

• Agree 1

🌓🌙

I do agree with the merits system being stupid

Hence why the 21st has one that I basically ignored and operated on a "time and known work" standpoint, especially for officers.

Otherwise, you are a good candidate and a capable leader. I wish you the best and you just have to remember, the 21st is not just SO, we are all 21st. But I know you already know this.

+1

Edited by Gadget

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

11 hours ago, Dirty said:

-1 I would have thoroughly said you are a good candidate, however you are suggesting bringing back the dense merit system that other battalions currently use, I am very sorry but that will not help fix 21st and I am near certain that it will kill off the battalion even more than it already is. If you do end up getting it for the love of everything good please do not do merits I promise you will regret doing it, 21st isn't holding up as you said it, I was literally one of the only people online other than drone and a few others like hector.

I'll rethink this. As you are not the first to mention it, On forums and off forums i get feedback, so ill find a way to fix it my way rather than beating a dead horse, Mostly I am looking for a way to NCOs and SNCOs to not skyrocket through ranks justbecause they meet TiG. It creates a lazy officer corps and promotes the idea that coming back from an ROA/LOA provides a promotion and will result in that person becoming a higher rank. I'll remove the merit suggestion and think of something else when the time comes, Thank you for your feedback.

@Hanzyour feedback is appreciated as well @Aeonyours is too, 

As much as this is a commander app, its also about how my battalion and others view it. If something is disliked it needs rethought. Plain n simple. So i really do appreciate it, from the bottom of my heart

(i would react to you all but i'm at my reaction limit haha)

Edited by Mystic
Clarity
  • Friendly 1

41 minutes ago, Banzai said:

-1 merits

I don't think you have read the response i gave above. Merits have been removed from my app.

Head Admin

+1, the response about merits changed the initial vote :)

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

On 5/17/2022 at 7:57 AM, Dirty said:

Hurtful you didn’t say me 🙂
+1 man is doing good work although on loa he is doing all the intel work like a massive amount but I’m curious why you as a CMD let someone be a ITD but not play nore do a lot of intel work?  But anyway good app I do hope I see improvements in trainings and reaching out to other battalions.

Edited by meowthemeower

+1 When I still played on server Mystic was extremely dedicated to the battalion. I see a great future for them if he gets the position.

(P.S. Merits are dumb, And if you get this position don’t be afraid to ask me for help.)

- Your Local Headass, Bruise.

Former: Jedi Master,  BCMD Gree , Recon RCMD Head Admin , GMM, Adi GalliaCommander Faie X2, Cooker

4 hours ago, meowthemeower said:

Hurtful you didn’t say me 🙂
+1 man is doing good work although on loa he is doing all the intel work like a massive amount but I’m curious why you as a CMD let someone be a ITD but not play nore do a lot of intel work?  But anyway good app I do hope I see improvements in trainings and reaching out to other battalions.

currently as its setup ITD was put in place by XO and BCMD, I have no say over who is in that position. So in turn i just do the intel work when i need to! 

4 hours ago, Lively said:

+1

I worry about your activity, but good luck!

Also, if you get BCMD, will you resign from HA to focus on it?

with summer coming up, Upholding activity will be no issue, as it is my hours are only going up, i have spoken to said person about that position and they are aware of what is happening. as it was my activity was only dropping due to Graduation and end of year tests Didn't really wanna worry about Gmod in that time. But with that passing my activity will be no issue.  <3 appreciate you asking the question,. in short i plan to dedicate 4 hours a day to each position and in between times i'll always be available via discord. giving me time for food and family, exempt the weekends as things happen that i don't quite wish to discuss on a public forum.

Edited by Mystic
added more info

1 hour ago, Mystic said:

with summer coming up, Upholding activity will be no issue, as it is my hours are only going up, i have spoken to said person about that position and they are aware of what is happening. as it was my activity was only dropping due to Graduation and end of year tests Didn't really wanna worry about Gmod in that time. But with that passing my activity will be no issue.  <3 appreciate you asking the question,. in short i plan to dedicate 4 hours a day to each position and in between times i'll always be available via discord. giving me time for food and family, exempt the weekends as things happen that i don't quite wish to discuss on a public forum.

Thats all I was curious about, thanks chief!

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

You will be contacted by a Director or relevant High Command for your denial reason.

You may apply for another commander positions after 30 DAYS from this post.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

• Dumb 1