Easier access to rockets

SquishyFishyy

Name: Squishy Fishy

RP Rank: 2nd LT, 1SG,  Jedi Commander, Knight (I dont know which you want)

Suggestion: Add a way for Heavy Ordnance to acquire more rockets because honestly sure rockets might be strong and you do not want them to be spammed. But sometimes the locking rockets are really good when we can't get many pilots in the sky. My suggestion would be to add something such as either a rocket drop from SUP like with armor and make them similar to an engineer in Battlefield or make it to where Heavy Ordnance can buy rocket ammo like we can with regular ammo. Also on top of that Heavy Ordnance has the least slots of any job so there really wouldn't be a whole ton of rockets flying around as there arent a ton of people hunting a Heavy Ordnance slot in the first place from what I can tell.

Implementation: Might require some developer work and I am not a developer so I have no clue how hard this would be.

Lore: NONE

Workshop content if applicable: NONE
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: Heavy Ordnance

Slots: 3 per battalion

Description: N/A

Model: N/A
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: ( I dont think I am making a suggestion for the rocket launcher itself so none?)
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Other: I am going to be honest this form is really confusing for me.... because my suggestion is to help out Heavy but i guess with 2 options either make it so we can buy rockets or SUP have rockets idk which.. either one.. but yeah I guess i dk what class i would put here.... if someone can let me know if this is wrong I will edit and add info to the edit.

Edited by SquishyFishyy

(BUNCHA RANKS AND NAMES HERE)

13 hours ago, SquishyFishyy said:

honestly sure rockets might be strong and you do not want them to be spammed.

^ This. -1

This is the same reason why HO slots are limited.

People already abuse their tac-inserts to rearm as it is anyway (please at least do the minimum  RP and go to the armory).

A better suggestion would be to have a rocket box in the armory in which HO can go resupply, but even then HO's are going to stack 9999 rockets every time. Reworking the ammo system built in Source or an ammo box entity that puts each player who uses it on a cool down similar to the Daily Spin would be a better suggestion. That being said, due to tac-inserts this isn't needed as players are going to take the easier route to getting more rockets then pestering other players for rockets or going to the ammo box.

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1
36 minutes ago, Baron said:

^ This. -1

This is the same reason why HO slots are limited.

People already abuse their tac-inserts to rearm as it is anyway (please at least do the minimum  RP and go to the armory).

A better suggestion would be to have a rocket box in the armory in which HO can go resupply, but even then HO's are going to stack 9999 rockets every time. Reworking the ammo system built in Source or an ammo box entity that puts each player who uses it on a cool down similar to the Daily Spin would be a better suggestion. That being said, due to tac-inserts this isn't needed as players are going to take the easier route to getting more rockets then pestering other players for rockets or going to the ammo box.

Gonna be 100% honest I didn't even think to respawn with tac.... im not going to but its really scummy that people do that.

• Disagree 1

-1 I think what Baron said about the armory having a box for Rockets in Armory makes the most sense if you can stop it from giving too many rockets. I know there is the ammo containers on Extensive on the 4th floor that gives like 6 rockets and then you can't get anymore. If you can do that then maybe it will work that way. But for right now you can just go to Armory and use a tac insert. Thats the only solution that makes sense to me for right now.

• Agree 1

🌓🌙

7 hours ago, Ccmonty said:

this is a massrdm waiting to happen. I love rockets i think their fun and funny, but this is just straight up a bad idea

How, it’s not like a CT can go get a rocket launcher, also the rockets HO get in the first place can be used to MassRDM. Still a -1 from me.

Edited by A-a-ron

spacer.png

19 hours ago, A-a-ron said:

How, it’s not like a CT can go get a rocket launcher, also the rockets HO get in the first place can be used to MassRDM. Still a -1 from me.

I didn’t say it would be intentional 

Edited by Ccmonty
  • Confused 1
On 4/16/2022 at 8:04 AM, Ccmonty said:

this is a massrdm waiting to happen. I love rockets i think their fun and funny, but this is just straight up a bad idea

On 4/16/2022 at 3:47 PM, A-a-ron said:

1 hour ago, Misfit said:

no sirrrr it would be extensive rocket RDM all over again only difference is this time they would be in the dead center of base and not locked behind a door guarded by CG on the fourth floor next to brig -1

I don't think any of you understand my suggestion... I am asking for easier access to rockets for Heavy Ordnance NOT rocket launchers of any sorts. Currently there is no way and the amount of rockets you get is very low. If someone RDMs with a Heavy Ordnance job atleast in 104th they get removed from the job WITH A QUICKNESS!

11 minutes ago, SquishyFishyy said:

I am asking for easier access to rockets

from experience from the past:
place tac, respawn, shoot more rockets
or
respawn, ask for tele/run back to battle, shoot more rockets.

extremely simple and people like me would definitely abuse that resupply box on clone or even EJ.

Edited by Misfit
  • Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

the Darman Keller guy

2 minutes ago, Misfit said:

from experience from the past:
place tac, respawn, shoot more rockets
or
respawn, ask for tele/run back to battle, shoot more rockets.

extremely simple and people like me would definitely abuse that resupply box or clone or even EJ.

But the thing is... isnt using tac to /cc and then get more rockets in a way abuse? It sounds like it... I am just looking for easy ways to make it so rockets aren't a 1 life thing.... I mean I guess the tac in armory makes sense if you run there respawn and then run back.. But I am just looking for an RP way to do it I guess and think that making SUP more of an Engineer type class would be cool with giving them like a rocket or 2 to drop on a CD like a minute so it cant be abused but you can still have them every so often.

7 hours ago, SquishyFishyy said:

But the thing is... isnt using tac to /cc and then get more rockets in a way abuse? It sounds like it... I am just looking for easy ways to make it so rockets aren't a 1 life thing.... I mean I guess the tac in armory makes sense if you run there respawn and then run back.. But I am just looking for an RP way to do it I guess and think that making SUP more of an Engineer type class would be cool with giving them like a rocket or 2 to drop on a CD like a minute so it cant be abused but you can still have them every so often.

There are rules for Tacs to prevent abuse. The main one being:

You can't place a Tac outside of base without a GMs permission. This is to prevent people resetting or changing jobs mid event, or as it says, re-arm ones self.

It's not really enforced but should probably be, mainly its done for event deployment so that you don't steamroll. I used to get onto people about it but I don't do it much anymore.

• Informative 1

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

-1 I might be mistaken, but I was under the impression there was a HL2 rocket ammo box that loaded up to 4-6 rockets (I forget the max amount in half life). If a GM wants you to have more rockets, I would suppose they'd spawn that in for you. Otherwise, you should probably conserve them and keep at least 1 for a target(s) that actually needs it.

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

Considering how few people are Heavy Ordnance troopers I don't see the fuss tbh. There's a max of 24 regular players that can use the rockets (Including HC jobs), and most battalions don't have a full HVO squad. There's almost never a big presence of rocket troopers, so adding a little extra might be good.

For context, a HVO gets 6 rockets between 2 launchers, and HC gets 3 rockets with 1 launcher. While I'd personally love to have unlimited rockets, just giving people even a small way of getting more ammo would be good. 

Adding a monetary cost would be the simplest solution. Make 1 rocket cost 50k, and then people won't spam rockets (Or they'll spend money for credits, which is still a plus overall).

• Friendly 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

On 4/16/2022 at 9:04 AM, Ccmonty said:

you know from experience on the event server right? haha. -1 i think this would be well implemented like Baron or Hanz said. Limited box that resupplies rockets in small amounts at a time

• Funny 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

On 4/22/2022 at 10:45 AM, Mystik said:

you know from experience on the event server right? haha. -1 i think this would be well implemented like Baron or Hanz said. Limited box that resupplies rockets in small amounts at a time

That is kind of what im asking for... a way for them to get more... I still don't understand how this is MRDM waiting to happen.... Heavy Ordnance ALREADY has rockets which can be used to MRDM and you only need 1 WHICH THEY HAVE. So I am confused how giving them more increases the chance? They start with i think 6 with 4 being in the tracking launcher, 1 being in the RPG and the remaining as reloadable ammo. I am just really confused on how giving them a few more rockets magically increases the chances of MRDM. If anyone is able to tell me then I will agree but currently they have the same chance to MRDM that they do with more rockets.

On 4/23/2022 at 4:58 PM, SquishyFishyy said:

That is kind of what im asking for... a way for them to get more... I still don't understand how this is MRDM waiting to happen.... Heavy Ordnance ALREADY has rockets which can be used to MRDM and you only need 1 WHICH THEY HAVE. So I am confused how giving them more increases the chance? They start with i think 6 with 4 being in the tracking launcher, 1 being in the RPG and the remaining as reloadable ammo. I am just really confused on how giving them a few more rockets magically increases the chances of MRDM. If anyone is able to tell me then I will agree but currently they have the same chance to MRDM that they do with more rockets.

agreed. It happens quite often lol. But in all reality i think this is something unlikely to happen. could maybe make a suggestion to boost starting rockets.

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1, mainly on the concept itself, I think the developers could figure something out. I feel the best option would maybe be an ammo droid of some sort that sells them at a high price. 1) Meaning they can't be spawned just anywhere. 2) Due to the high price, most Heavy Ordinance troopers can't just go spam it. Obviously there can be many other concepts besides the one I just listed. I fail to see how something that drops Rocket ammo is going to be an MRDM problem. What is a CT gonna do with rocket ammo without a weapon to launch it. Best of Luck!

• Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.