Gauge's Gregor APP VOID

Nomad

40 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Each and every member will be expected to conduct themselves in line with the standards that have been set by myself and my predecessors 

What would that standard be? And what happens if it is not upheld?

41 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I want to rework our outreach program for SOBDE members so people actually feel like this program has a purpose

What do you have in mind as a rework or a new system?

41 minutes ago, Nomad said:

ith the plans that I have previously stated I want to provide a way members can increase the capability of their RP and have the ability to adapt to the RP scenario at hand as well as feel more attached to the lore characters personality.

How?

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

I never understood why outreach has to exist, we're our own battalion, yes other battalions can have joint trainings with other battalions, doesn't mean they have officers that outreach to other battalions. SOBDE is its own battalion outreach is completely unnecessary, it KINDA made sense when SOBDE wasn't battalion-ized, a better option is just for us to do joint trainings. Sorry but the program never had a purpose and it has even less of one now. Spending time working on the outreach system is an utter and complete waste of time. I will wait to vote until Brooklyn's questions are answered

Edited by A-a-ron
  • Agree 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

What would that standard be? And what happens if it is not upheld?

What do you have in mind as a rework or a new system?

How?

I want enforce that we act 100% serious in events , tryouts, or any interaction with the public. This would look like, we're acting appropriately weapons are not out unless needed and if so on safe, not disturbing anyone's RP unless we can add to the RP, During tryouts we will not act mingey or RDM as well as respecting the one who is hosting tryouts, We are no longer Standing/Sitting on each other, to the best of our ability not kill any friendlies, and no longer being disruptive in briefing you will not see anything being thrown such as bacta nades, grenades, or flashes. Minging as a whole is no longer tolerated. If these standards are not upheld the consequences can result in a verbal warning, demotion, removal from your lore character for a trial week, and or at worst removal from the battalion entirely; Punishment will be based on the seriousness of the offence. 

The plan to rework the outreach system would be to assign whole squads to multiple battalions instead of individually having over lapping battalions with no coordination, although the exception would be anyone in Grey RC, they can still choose which battalion they want to outreach to just so they can get a feel of which battalion they like and this will also aid in them in choosing which lore squad they might want to go for. Once that has happened I want to communicate with other BCMD's and ask permission if the assigned squads are allowed to go on deployments with them to provide support. Also I will also ask any member from the attached SOBDE squad to conduct one joint Combat sim Bi weekly these sims will include EOD,TEC, and MED scenarios. SOBDE will act as observers in order to provide feed back on the battalions troops and what they can improve or comment on how SOBDE could improve in our RP. In return I want the SOBDE members to learn from the battalions they are attached to, again with permission from the respective BCMD's I want SOBDE members to learn about 104th negotiation or 41st AT or anything the battalion is willing to provide note SOBDE will not in any way take away from these battalions I just want SOBDE members attached to the battalion to have the capability to operate smoothly and not be a hinderance. Also Just to be transparent I have not yet approached any other BCMD's with my plan of the rework but it will be top priority if I get the position.

A way I see of improving RP is you have to train it in different scenarios acting as your character and RPing frequently. On top of us currently reworking the tryouts; I want to implement a training outside of that, I want to put any four members from SOBDE preferably from different squads and send them into a Combat Sim with varying objectives such as Information gathering, hostage extraction, direct action/ assassinations. From there I want the members to RP as their character in that scenario doing this will push people outside of just interacting with their squad and learn how to interact with the rest of SOBDE RP/IC wise. Also I want to increase the frequency of events centered around Lore squads this also gives a avenue to become more connected to your character and your squad.

Edited by Nomad
Spelling error/ Grammar correction
  • Informative 1
1 hour ago, A-a-ron said:

I never understood why outreach has to exist, we're our own battalion, yes other battalions can have joint trainings with other battalions, doesn't mean they have officers that outreach to other battalions. SOBDE is its own battalion outreach is completely unnecessary, it KINDA made sense when SOBDE wasn't battalion-ized, a better option is just for us to do joint trainings. Sorry but the program never had a purpose and it has even less of one now. Spending time working on the outreach system is an utter and complete waste of time. I will wait to vote until Brooklyn's questions are answered

I understand where you are coming from the system as it is right now has little or no effort put into it. As there is barely any indication on what you do as a outreach or what is expected of you or how it benefits anyone. But in my eyes if done correctly the outreach system has great potential if we put effort into it and follow through. For example IRL Special Forces are meant to be force multipliers for a conventional force they are there to pull together everyone with the experience they have gained at operating at a high level as well as learn from people they are attached. I want to keep this program because it's a way for SOBDE members to interact with other battalions to show that we aren't our own little hole in the ground and with the following changes I just posted it'll be so we can learn about each other and not just limit ourselves to random joint trainings.

Edited by Nomad
Spelling error
  • Agree 1
Forum Admin

+1, I am confident in your ability to lead SOBDE.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

I still think outreach is 100% unnecessary as all it is, is just an officer position in another battalion with members who don’t even know you. The main reasonpeople even did outreach was because they got one more extra deployment then usual. Other then that +1

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Nomad said:

I understand where you are coming from the system as it is right now has little or no effort put into it. As there is barely any indication on what you do as a outreach or what is expected of you or how it benefits anyone. But in my eyes if done correctly the outreach system has great potential if we put effort into it and follow through. For example IRL Special Forces are meant to be force multipliers for a conventional force they are there to pull together everyone with the experience they have gained at operating at a high level as well as learn from people they are attached. I want to keep this program because it's a way for SOBDE members to interact with other battalions to show that we aren't our own little hole in the ground and with the following changes I just posted it'll be so we can learn about each other and not just limit ourselves to random joint trainings.

The reasoning is good, I mean SOBDE has been trying to do soemthing with outreach for the longest time and honestly I’d say it’s better off gone since most people in battalions already interact with each other and it’s not that hard to setup events or trainings between SOBDE and whatever battalion especially if connections are made which connections made between battalion members is a lot more valuable in my opinion than just having someone in a discord sniffing around for stuff because that’s what outreach basically is and the occasional I’ll join for training or an event, else than that +1

Edited by Piff

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

I feel like you and the other applicant have very similar plans. For someone running against a current BCMD, who many believe, as I do myself, has done a great job, I would have liked to see more in your application. SOBDE is in a good spot right now, you guys are just trying to find the exact identity you guys want to hold. I'm struggling to find a reason why you should be the one to lead SOBDE to this position instead of the guy that has been doing it the last three months and has been good at everything else he has pushed for.

Something that sucks on this server is that you can be completely cut out for a position and you don't get it because there is someone better. I have experienced this many times and probably will still experience it. 

Making my vote a -1. Spieler kinda said something that I agreed with and he is just too nice to -1 you. The battalion is in a great state and there is no reason for someone with as little experience as you to jump into a position we are not sure you are ready for.

Edited by Hanz
  • Dumb 1

🌓🌙

+1

Ever since day one of meeting Gauge my first impression was solely on the fact of how committed he was to strive for professionalism in the battalion. Now from an insider perspective- from a Republic commando, I could confidently say that there is a lot of work that needs to be done in the battalion. After hours and hours of discussing how to improve the battalion from the past 2 months I could reassure myself that gauges ideas to improve the battalion can revamp the culture of SOBDE. A new era for the commandos can be molded in, and branch relations with all regiments can greatly improve. I could also say that activity on the server would most likely improve. Now stating this bold assumption and that the plan is technically not full proof. I do feel like adding Gauge’s new training methods [Not your simple “EOD Training”] can boost morale in the battalion, and roleplay throughout the server. Honestly I didn’t know how much fun training could be on a gmod server, because on paper it sounds stupid; however, after going through his method of training it changed my perspective on how you should do thing. Unfortunately playing on the server regularly just seems boring without this new tactic.

- Current Omega-36 EOD Darman

+1 good luck with your plans I think you got it right

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

8 hours ago, Nomad said:

Once that has happened I want to communicate with other BCMD's and ask permission if the assigned squads are allowed to go on deployments with them to provide support. Also I will also ask any member from the attached SOBDE squad to conduct one joint Combat sim Bi weekly these sims will include EOD,TEC, and MED scenarios. SOBDE will act as observers in order to provide feed back on the battalions troops and what they can improve or comment on how SOBDE could improve in our RP. In return I want the SOBDE members to learn from the battalions they are attached to, again with permission from the respective BCMD's I want SOBDE members to learn about 104th negotiation or 41st AT or anything the battalion is willing to provide note SOBDE will not in any way take away from these battalions I just want SOBDE members attached to the battalion to have the capability to operate smoothly and not be a hinderance. Also Just to be transparent I have not yet approached any other BCMD's with my plan of the rework but it will be top priority if I get the position.

I find this to be an interesting idea. However, I feel as if relies heavily on a "if this, then that" scenario. I understand that it's hard to discuss and coordinate a lot of this without the position, but if your system fails, what will you do? Do you have a backup plan if some BCMDs are against the idea of having SOBDE participate in their trainings, events, deployments, etc.? I understand what I'm asking may be farfetched, but as a BCMD, there needs to be a backup plan to everything. Expect the unexpected. Obviously getting the trainings is nice, but some battalions, such as 104th with negotiations or CG with interrogations, may focus more on giving the in-event scenarios to their own troopers with not as much experience doing it. 

I was the leader of the Dogma Balls movement
spacer.png

personally am 100% against outreach, how many times does it need to be implemented and reimplemented before you realise it will never work. SOBDE is a regular ass battalion now it doesn't really have the same excuse to run this programme anymore. Just get rid of it all together because it is pointless. This new Squad based approach with multiple batts seems like an extremely watered-down system that is nothing like outreach at all and is just a fancy name for cross-batt training. Why not just call it that? 

I also feel like enforcing serious RP is a bad play cause it makes it feel like a chore and often just breeds this weird elitist attitude. If you lead by example and make RP look fun but still make it a choice you'll entice people and actually have them choose to engage. This hard-line forceful attitude doesn't really work with people it only works with systems, people are not robots and are generally against being forced to do things but by promoting those who do better RP (much easier to implement into SOBDE) as well as have all CMD+ lead by example you can create a system in which people will do better RP because they actually want to. I dunno if I'm stupid but minging is already against the rules and dropped off a huge amount since SOBDE battalionised (likely unrelated) I think demanding better behaviour is okay and I support moves to stamp out minging and failRP but I think this issue is being resolved already by current leadership so I don't see a change as necessary to facilitate this.

-1, I just can't see these plans leading SOBDE to a better place or demanding a change in leadership, you're prolly a nice guy tho

• Dumb 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

do you have any new Plans for Jedi in SOBDE or do you Think it just stay the same @Nomad

Edited by Claw

Current: Retired

Former:  BCMD Blitz, Guild Lieutenant, Jedi Branch Overseer-x2, Guild Leader | Jedi Council Member

9 minutes ago, MrNeptoon said:

I find this to be an interesting idea. However, I feel as if relies heavily on a "if this, then that" scenario. I understand that it's hard to discuss and coordinate a lot of this without the position, but if your system fails, what will you do? Do you have a backup plan if some BCMDs are against the idea of having SOBDE participate in their trainings, events, deployments, etc.? I understand what I'm asking may be farfetched, but as a BCMD, there needs to be a backup plan to everything. Expect the unexpected. Obviously getting the trainings is nice, but some battalions, such as 104th with negotiations or CG with interrogations, may focus more on giving the in-event scenarios to their own troopers with not as much experience doing it. 

I wouldn't purpose this plan if I wasn't confident it would have positive outcome for both battalions or if wasn't going to be successful. But if I get any resistance with the outreach I will scale it back to what the BCMD is comfortable with. If the BCMD out right is not alright with anything I suggest then we will attempt to compromise with the battalion. If the BCMD refuses completely  and refuses to compromise or a we fail to come to a fair conclusion then there isn't much I can do with a battalion that doesn't want help, we would just move to focus our efforts else where.

• Agree 1

To be fully honest, I don't want you to apply just yet. You know this very well as I've been talking to you about this, but I still firmly believe in it. I feel that you are rushing into this position with no command experience in the battalion, especially at a point where it isn't fully needed yet as the battalion is stable enough to go through with the changes that are currently happening. You were an Officer before and are now one of our 3 commanders, so you have a HUGE say in what happens in the battalion now. Regardless of this, I don't want to -1 you for a whole lot of reasons. All I want from you if you are accepted is to listen to the people in the battalion. Don't go through with changes while ignoring feedback or ignoring what a few people have to say, but listen. If the majority of the battalion doesn't like something, don't do it. At the end of the day, you have a slightly hesitant +1 from me. I have no qualms or concerns with how you will be as BCMD, I just feel that it is too early.

GMD HA / Guild LT / Dev. Assistant Mavelle 
unknown-8.png

11 hours ago, Nomad said:

The plan to rework the outreach system would be to assign whole squads to multiple battalions instead of individually having over lapping battalions with no coordination

While others have said they don't really think outreach is necessary, I do think it would be really cool for a battalion to be able to work with a whole SOBDE squad at a time via the outreach program. Not only would it massively increase relations between SOBDE and each battalion by having more people assigned to each one, but also it would help increase the opportunities for the assigned squad to work together.

11 hours ago, Nomad said:

I want to put any four members from SOBDE preferably from different squads and send them into a Combat Sim with varying objectives such as Information gathering, hostage extraction, direct action/ assassinations. From there I want the members to RP as their character in that scenario doing this will push people outside of just interacting with their squad and learn how to interact with the rest of SOBDE RP/IC wise. Also I want to increase the frequency of events centered around Lore squads this also gives a avenue to become more connected to your character and your squad.

I think this would be great for both increasing RP opportunities as well as giving more draw to lore characters.

Overall you have a +1 from me, I like your ideas and think you would do well in the position.

-----------------------------

6 hours ago, Dinaric said:

SOBDE RCMD at the time like in 2020 (after 2 weeks of me joining Synergy) he had that same exact goal and he terminated Outreach because he wanted SO BDE to work more with each other and RP more with each other rather than just having them screw around on a free deployment by another battalion.

It was stated after you posted, but the concept I quote above talks about a way that would dissuade these concerns I believe.

• Dumb 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

22 hours ago, Nomad said:

SOBDE (2019) Atin

Epic squad mate. 

Although you weren’t around for a whole long, you really impacted me. You were a very nice, chill dude. 

Assuming you didn’t turn into a psychopath between then and now I’m 100% confident in your ability to lead SO BDE. Good luck squid

• Friendly 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1

If you will do an outreach, keep it very optional. Forced outreach makes SO BDE no different then anywhere else. SO BDE was always alluring as it provided a place to roleplay as a character wholeheartedly without needing to worry about normal battalion work like hosting sims and etc. Forced outreach just makes you have to do that stuff AND also put all your energy into roleplay. I'd say keep it optional, so that over achieving members of SO BDE can go and do their work in another battalion for recognition there and for extra praise in SO BDE while those who enjoy SO BDE for the simple reason of that they can roleplay a character don't need to be bogged down by traditional battalion work while they pour themselves into their character.

With all that said, I believe in your success and that you will do a good job in the position despite the short time you have been in SO BDE. I am excited for the new changes you will bring to the table and hope for a positive term! Good luck Gauge.

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

Hello folks, when I made this application I was dead set on making a impact on SOBDE and feel like I still can within the battalion and at my current position but due to certain reasons I am choosing to withdraw and void my application I honestly appreciate the support from everyone and even the criticism. best of luck to the other two candidates I wish them well in their selection.

Edited by Nomad
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 6
  • Pay Respect 2

This application has been VOIDED by the author.

You are permitted to put up another application for other positions, however;

If you void another commander application within 30 DAYS, then you're subject to a 30 DAY cooldown from applying.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED