More Medical Syringes

Name: Stroodle

RP Rank: 1SG

Suggestion: Give medics more medical syringes 

Implementation: Give medics 10 syringes per life instead of the 2 per life they have.

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Other: The medical syringe is an amazing tool that has the potential to shake up medic gameplay for the better. It allows you to heal ~225 near instantly instead of sitting behind a person and waiting 30 seconds with an annoying sound playing the whole time. But since medics only get 2 per life it rarely ever gets used. If we increased the number carried it would encourage greater variety in a medics gameplay.

• Agree 1

-1 I feel like 10 is far too many. I could see maybe upping it by 1. Your argument is that you have so little to use, so they should have more. I think if someone is critically injured, they should have their syringes prepared for those people (it's 150 instant healing with added regeneration).

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

+1

I actually think Medical Syringes should be infinite. On a lot of servers, the "bacta injector" was used instead of the medical kit (or our reskinned "Bacta Kit"). My argument for the Medical Syringe being infinite is that it's just not efficient. It'll get your health up, sure, but in order to get it to work, the person has to be sitting still and not taking damage, otherwise the effects will be lost to them and the medi-boy has just wasted a perfectly good syringe. To be fair, people do always sit still while they shoot anyway, but if they take damage all of us a sudden (say a GM spawns a T-21 NPC) then you basically kiss that effect goodbye. HOWEVER, I can see why it shouldn't be infinite too if the medi-boy is a particularly good one... maybe go with Fyi's compromise and make them about 5?

31 minutes ago, Black said:

-1 i can agree with max 1 additonal not 10. It will make people only being even more dumb during events and not vauling their lifes 

It's not the medical equipment that makes people not value their life. It's the fact that after someone bites it, they just lie there and wait to be RP revived. The ultimate way of making people not value their life is making "death" not matter. There's no regulation on RP revives. If someone dies and the medic fails their supposed three tries to bring them back, then another medic just rolls up and tries another three times. Their medical RP is slowly watered down to using "smelling salts" and is sometimes done right off the bat. If you want people to value their lives more, then these either need to be regulated or removed entirely. No one stays dead anymore and no one respawns to wait for NLR.

Edited by Ratio
kms
  • Informative 5

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

+1 Increase by 1 or up to a max of 5. However, 5 may even be too many.

It should be taken into account that the more syringes you have on your person, for balancing the bacta kit heal rate may more may not need to be balanced to accommodate this change (meaning a decrease in this instance).

I'd honestly prefer if medics did some "Medical RP" to make some more for themselves rather than increase their spawn amount permanently. You know put a little extra effort in.

Edited by Baron
Forum Admin

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but removing bacta kits entirely and just keeping infinite syringes would kinda be a plus. Like what ratio said, the medical syringe itself has quite a bit of punishing factors to it, however, it makes more sense for an individual to have to stay still for medical "RP" to be done. Especially with the soon addition of defibs, this seems like a good switch.

+1

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Forum Admin
4 minutes ago, Taz said:

WHY AM I OUT OF THE LOOP ON THIS SHIT?!??

Y'all mf's dont look at the trello smh

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1 again I agree with not having ten. It's rough if your solo healing events in general. This would make life so much easier and help you go back into battle faster than before. also another idea is just putting a cool down timer on syringes, so you can keep reusing them but would have to wait 1 minute or x amount of time to use another one. Keep in mind we could use these as much as we want with no endless supply but we wouldn't be able to use them back to back. This system will help reward medics for not dying as well since you just run out of them and people could just die to get them back.

Edited by Xuen

Rancor Med 1SG Xuen(under Stix), Warrant Officer Hammer (under stix), Warrant Officer Alpha-66(BIRD)

On 8/19/2021 at 12:29 PM, Black said:

-1 i can agree with max 1 additonal not 10. It will make people only being even more dumb during events and not vauling their lifes 

I mean getting into a dumb situation usually involves not being able to get out and you'll die. If people value lives they won't get into situations where they'll die but their health still might get low

+1, I like completely agree with infinite syringes but not sure the server is ready for such genius. So a small increase sounds reasonable

Also medkits seem to provide a different use as they work in active combat. Syringes only work in Saftey so I see a clear difference in use so we should really keep both.

Med should probably get revives sorted out so it stops being a fallback for anyone who dies

Edited by Comics
  • Winner 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

+1 i think 5-7 would be good but hey its whatever

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been moved to DEVELOPMENT PHASE.
(Suggestions that are being coded, set-up & tested on the development server to see if they fit the server and are without major conflicts)

• Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been moved to PREPARATION PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been tested and are ready to be pushed for the next Server Update)

• 10 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been IMPLEMENTED.
(Suggestions that have been implemented into the server)