Jetpack Controls Change

Name: Col | Jaing

RP Rank: Captain

Suggestion: Remove the CTRL function from the jetpack so JT's no longer get stuck in ships and tanks. (Example: You have a jetpack as your job and you fly or use the rear gun on the ARC-170, upon landing and getting out, your body will be stuck in the ship's hitbox. People without jetpacks are able to get out by crouching. With a jetpack, you are unable to crouch because of the CTRL function on the jetpack wanting to make you fly downwards. Currently the only fixes are to either remove the ship, be physgunned out, or swap to a seat that lets you get out without being stuck. This issue is not exclusive to the 170 but it is a good example.)

Implementation: This would require a dev to look at the code for the current jetpack addon and removing the part that allows the CTRL button to cause the wearer to descend at a faster speed. (In order for this fix to work, the jetpack must allow you to crouch while mid air.)

Lore: Jetpacks in lore did not cause characters to be stuck inside their vehicle after exiting it. 

Workshop content if applicable: Addon already on server, requires development to make the changes.

Note: Thanks to @Johnson, this suggestion has already been proposed to most if not all JT leadership and they have either agreed that this is a good suggestion, or is neutral to it.

• Winner 1

HUGE +1. I've been 2ndAC for 90% of my time on this server, and never once have I been in a situation where the CTRL function was useful. This has only been a hinderance, and it has been one in countless situations. I cannot stress enough how much life would be better as a jet trooper without this function.

GMD HA / Guild LT / Dev. Assistant Mavelle 
unknown-8.png

Forum Admin

+1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• Management
Management

+1 Makes sense

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

+1 

star-wars-the-bad-batch.gif

Former SOBDE BCMD Hunter

+1 ctrl function is useless. I have never found a reason to need it. However, I don't know if it's been mentioned but if you do burn through all your fuel the game allows you to crouch again in case you get stuck in the ship's hitbox. Regardless, ctrl function for jetpacks should get yeeted

+1 FUCK YES

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

• Founder
Founder

So just to clarify, you guys want the hover feature removed? Or switched to a different keybind?

1 minute ago, Square said:

So just to clarify, you guys want the hover feature removed? Or switched to a different keybind?

No, hover is bound to Shift, we want the "go down faster" feature which is bound to CTRL to be removed. Keep hover as is.

• Founder
Founder
3 minutes ago, Col said:

No, hover is bound to Shift, we want the "go down faster" feature which is bound to CTRL to be removed. Keep hover as is.

Copy

• 1 month later...
  • Founder
Founder

Accepted

• 3 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

SUGGESTION MOVED TO DEVELOPMENT PHASE

• 8 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been moved to PREPARATION PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been tested and are ready to be pushed for the next Server Update)

• 9 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

This suggestion has been IMPLEMENTED.
(Suggestions that have been implemented into the server)

• Bruh 1