Disintegrate on Kill

Stroodle

Name: Stroodle

RP Rank: LTC

Suggestion: Make every kill from the Mando rifle disintegrate

Implementation:  Whenever somebody dies from the Mando rifle they disintegrate even when it isn't a crit shot

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: Require Development
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Weapons: mandalorian_sniper

+1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

On 12/24/2020 at 3:59 PM, Scarecrow said:

I mean its a limited time weapon and $100 so not alot of people are likely to get it. Really also alough it might be a minor thing but the practical effects and removing the rag doll it could be doable but might not really be worth the resources that it will take up.

The code for the disintegration already exists for the fifth shot (assuming the weapon is coded in gLua), and if anything, adding the disintegration to all shots would simplify the code to that weapon, since it currently has to check the state of the magazine on the killshot to determine whether or not to apply the effects. If changed to be applied to all shots, it removes the if statement.

Coding Examples: (syntax will prolly be wrong, this is just to show the process)

Current Code-

ammo = 5; 

onKill :

if(ammo>1) [

ammo = ammo -1; ]

else [

applyEffect(disintegrate,  killedPlayer);

ammo= ammo - 1;]

New Code

ammo = 5; 

onKill :

applyEffect(disintegrate,  killedPlayer);

SInce the disintegrate effect is tied to the combine energy ball, I believe the multiple effects that are mixed to make it are bundled as a single function/effect

• Agree 1

The guy who got drunk and pretended to be a vacuum for an hour

while we're at it. make the rifle more lore accurate and make the mag size of one as in the show, it was breach action. Single shot

ez 

edit.

The rifle also has a lore name
bdbe3103e8e01a29122aac275a1fd887.png
Amban Phase-pulse blaster

Edited by BigBoss

Why am I still here?

tFzBhdd.png

+1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1, The rifle, in lore, disintegrates people. we can even see it in the show, when Mando shot a Jawa in the first season. Very painful death, as his cells basically exploded, so bad these rifles were banned in war. But yea, disintegrating on every shot would make sense

+1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

• Founder
Founder

Cool suggestion, but I'm not sure how viable it would be to have the effect happen from every shot. The disintegration effect upon death can cause severe performance issues for players in the vicinity. R.I.P Lightsaber Rifle for the same reason. As of the current moment, I feel the rifle is sitting in a nice balance of occasionally giving you the effect. Regardless I'm still interested to see the amount of feedback this thread receives.

• Agree 1

So what you're telling me is that. A rifle that canonically disintegrates people. Doesn't disintegrate? 

+1

On 12/29/2020 at 1:53 PM, Jad said:

R.I.P Lightsaber Rifle for the same reason

Didn't we have a disruptor that was entirely fine last time i was here? That disintegrated on kill and it seemed to work pretty alright. 

• Retired Founder
13 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

So what you're telling me is that. A rifle that canonically disintegrates people. Doesn't disintegrate? 

+1

Didn't we have a disruptor that was entirely fine last time i was here? That disintegrated on kill and it seemed to work pretty alright. 

The disrupter and the lightsaber rifle were both removed due to the disintegration on kill due to server performance issues. The Mando rifle is a $100 USD Christmas Exclusive store item that disintegrates if killed by the 5th shot which does 3x damage. This suggestion is to make it so it disintegrates on every kill.

• Informative 3

Suggestion sent to pending

//moved to pending

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

• 3 months later...
  • Retired Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.