RP Knockouts

Teaa

Name: Teaa | Wrecker

RP Rank: CPT [Redacted]

Suggestion: Add a rule stating, "If two players are in a fist fight and one dies it is considered a RP knockout unless otherwise stated by the players."

Implementation: Add the rule into the server rules or something, I don't know how that works.

Lore: Uhhh, any fist fight known to man.

The only Wrecker that embraced his largeness. 

Complete +1

I think the current fist fighting rules are bad. If someone dies from fists it should not be an AOS. Especially when considering characters like mine (Kom'rk) I would get in fights with people whenever they disrespected my null brothers or Kal especially.

This would allow me to fight BHs and other people to add more complex RP to the server. Of course the fight would have to have bother parties consents though.

Forum Admin

+1, if its consensual it should be a knockout fr

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

+1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

• Coordinator
Coordinator

+1 I never see any fist fight be an intent for RDM, If a player was going to fist fighting wouldn't be it
obviously if its for mingy intent its another story

Forum Admin

+1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1 But hopefully some good rules on it

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

+1 Why not

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

• Retired Founder

-1 for this.

Hear me out here,

If you kill someone, then you've killed them. You can RP knock someone out with a /me & /roll, without actually killing them. This creates more of an issue for CG and staff than it will be a fun activity. You are allowed to punch people as much as you want, just don't kill them, not that hard.

As forseen put it. Someone can just claim its an rp knockout and just kill someone for fun or whatever.

Use /me's and such. If you want to have a fiat fight without killing the person use the 100hp rule. Both of you fight, once you hit 100hp or your opponent does, stop the fight cos they are technically KO'd.

CG will be in disarray and staff will being pulled and distraught if this went through. 

I know you all want and like fist fights, I love a good scrap. But this is not the way to do it lads.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

7 hours ago, Gadget said:

As forseen put it. Someone can just claim its an rp knockout and just kill someone for fun or whatever.

Use /me's and such. If you want to have a fiat fight without killing the person use the 100hp rule. Both of you fight, once you hit 100hp or your opponent does, stop the fight cos they are technically KO'd.

CG will be in disarray and staff will being pulled and distraught if this went through. 

I know you all want and like fist fights, I love a good scrap. But this is not the way to do it lads.

The rule doesn't have to be as black and white as that. Both parties would have to agree with it and make it known. So if any scumbag human tries to say it wasn't a fight they get beeped.

With the 100hp rule thing ye it sometimes works. Buuut there is plenty of times where someone just decides they don't wanna tell me their health for the whole fight. This could reduce confusion and people being idiots and trying to get you arrested. Idk it would be fun if the right rules were in place, obv needs more than when you start punching, you can kill fully.

• Retired Founder
20 hours ago, SippinTeaa said:

The rule doesn't have to be as black and white as that. Both parties would have to agree with it and make it known. So if any scumbag human tries to say it wasn't a fight they get beeped.

With the 100hp rule thing ye it sometimes works. Buuut there is plenty of times where someone just decides they don't wanna tell me their health for the whole fight. This could reduce confusion and people being idiots and trying to get you arrested. Idk it would be fun if the right rules were in place, obv needs more than when you start punching, you can kill fully.

Another issue I've noticed upon thinking more.

This will make the job of CG extremely hard, as they will have to be guessing whether or not it's an RDM or not as per the "both parties must agree". Also, if you want to fist fight someone, do a sim?

If it's event jobs you want to fist fight, clear it with the Game Master first, if they're cool with it, then who cares? They're the ones dictating the direction of the event.

The idea of both parties agreeing is along the same lines as the person telling you when they're about to die so you don't RDM them.

Honestly seems like it will create more issues and confusing stipulation than it's worth when there are already alternatives available.

On 8/3/2020 at 11:29 AM, Forseen said:

-1 for this.

Hear me out here,

If you kill someone, then you've killed them. You can RP knock someone out with a /me & /roll, without actually killing them. This creates more of an issue for CG and staff than it will be a fun activity. You are allowed to punch people as much as you want, just don't kill them, not that hard.

if both ppl are consenting, there is no issue. if one person wasn't then get CG or staff.  there is no fun in /me or /roll

biggest +1

• Agree 1
On 8/4/2020 at 2:30 PM, Forseen said:

Another issue I've noticed upon thinking more.

This will make the job of CG extremely hard, as they will have to be guessing whether or not it's an RDM or not as per the "both parties must agree". Also, if you want to fist fight someone, do a sim?

If it's event jobs you want to fist fight, clear it with the Game Master first, if they're cool with it, then who cares? They're the ones dictating the direction of the event.

The idea of both parties agreeing is along the same lines as the person telling you when they're about to die so you don't RDM them.

Honestly seems like it will create more issues and confusing stipulation than it's worth when there are already alternatives available.

CG will have more fun investigating into situations that smacking minges with their batons. I guarantee this 1 hunnid percent. 

"Hey Ordo, Kal is stupid!"....."That's it, lets get him Null." Hold on guys let me claim the sim room so we can have a fist fight, making the RP die out and become stale. The whole point of this is to make RP flow better within the server, who is going to claim a sim room to have a fist fight when they can just fight in the hallway. Now before you say, "You can do that with the 100hp rule." Yesterday I was merked by a Null member BY ACCIDENT after they went to jump me simply because I forgot to keep checking my health. They got in trouble for that because they were the last person to hit me, dealing the final blow. This will indefinitely cause even LESS confusion for the CG because most of the time they don't like arresting people for accidents. Especially if it wasn't their fault. Getting into a fist fight is scarier now and this can make it less of a hassle and more of a fun little interaction.

Event job thing is probably already a thing.

Again like I said before with the accidental RDM thing. It's very easy to think, oh I got 130 I won't die that quick, and then the other dude gets arrested. Less arrests with more fun RP.

• Agree 2

On 8/3/2020 at 12:29 PM, Forseen said:

-1 for this.

Hear me out here,

Another point to this.

"If you kill someone, then you've killed them." When someone like grievous dies, it's classified (most of the time) as an rp knockout, brought to the brig etc. Technically with what you're saying the person who killed him / the EJ should be arrested for failRP. We can make this the same thing, dude dies and it's considered being brought to medbay etc. Just a lil perspective.

Following a lot of discussion, this suggestion is being DENIED.

This is because we feel that this is going to cause a lot more issues than it will entertainment & will make the job of CG extremely difficult, as they will have to be guessing whether or not it's an RDM or not as per the "both parties must agree". Players that join CG should not be required to hinder their own entertainment on the server by dealing with "deaths that aren't deaths".

When someone like grievous dies, it's classified (most of the time) as an rp knockout, brought to the brig etc. Technically with what you're saying the person who killed him / the EJ should be arrested for failRP. We can make this the same thing, dude dies and it's considered being brought to medbay etc.

Main lore enemies cannot be killed for obvious reasons, players however should not be killed by another unless it is in a simulation as it will be deemed as RDM.

Reminder!

• If it's event jobs you want to fist fight, clear it with the Game Master first as it is their event.
  • If you wish to fist fight, claim a simulation area and fist fight there.

• Friendly 1

British