DC-17m Buff

Trofi

Name: Trofi/Tech

RP Rank: PVT

Suggestion: Buffing the DC-17m to be on par with the Westar

Implementation: Increasing the damage of the DC-17m (cc2018_dc17m) to 43.

Lore: The DC-17m is the signature weapon of Republic Commandos. Being such, one can imply that firepower is a major component of the DC-17m for Republic Commandos to make quick disposal of droids. While it does have a high firerate, the damage output does not match its famed status. While the high firerate should melt droids and personnel alike in theory, the DC-17m lacks the damage to finish them off quickly. Factoring in Garry's Mod's inherent hitbox problem, the DC-17m is further lacking in the damage it so really needs. By buffing the damage to 43, it should be able to live up to what makes Republic Commandos so fearsome in the battlefield.  

Workshop content if applicable:
The one we use of the server (cc2018_dc17m)

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: N/A

Job: N/A

Slots: N/A

Description: N/A 

Model: N/A

Weapons: cc2018_dc17m                                                                                                                                       

Other: N/A

Edited by Trofi
  • Disagree 1

The fire rate is already pretty high. I don't think it should get that much damage. If it were something lower then maybe. 

EDIT: ALSO HERE IS SOME MATH!

Westar is 55 damage and 380 RPM. 55x380 is 20,900.

DC-17M is 38 damage and 650 RPM. 38x650 is 24,700.

You are now suggest buffing to 43 damage. 

43x650 is 27,950 damage a minute.

Your previous suggestion before the edit was 47 damage a shot which would be: 47x650 = 30,550 damage a minute.

Therefore the DC-17M is arguably already better than the westar by doing 3,800 more damage a minute WITHOUT a buff.

spacer.png

Edited by Keo
Added math
  • Agree 4

I mean I’m gonna +1 but holy fuck that’s gonna be overpowered. The fire rate would break the game, but I think a small damage buff isn’t that crazy to think about

Edited by Shockpoint

If you use the RC Shotgun you are automatically cringe.

27 minutes ago, Keo said:

The fire rate is already pretty high. I don't think it should get that much damage. If it were something lower then maybe. 

EDIT: ALSO HERE IS SOME MATH!

Westar is 55 damage and 380 RPM. 55x380 is 20,900.

DC-17M is 38 damage and 650 RPM. 38x650 is 24,700.

Therefore the DC-17M is arguably already better than the westar by doing 3,800 more damage a minute.

spacer.png

However, high fire rate archetypes are inherently at a disadvantage due to Garry's Mod lag and hitbox problems. As I said, in theory it should be good, but in practice the DC-17m is considered worse than the Westar. Empirical data outweighs theoretical data. 

Also, you fail to take into account the accuracy of the Westar. With the scope, it hits more shots than the DC-17m.

Edited by Trofi
  • Agree 1
11 hours ago, Trofi said:

However, high fire rate archetypes are inherently at a disadvantage due to Garry's Mod lag and hitbox problems. As I said, in theory it should be good, but in practice the DC-17m is considered worse than the Westar. Empirical data outweighs theoretical data. 

Also, you fail to take into account the accuracy of the Westar. With the scope, it hits more shots than the DC-17m.

I hope you understand that the DC-17m is built to serve as a short range to medium range weapon. This is why it has lower damage and higher fire rate.

The Westar is more or less a marksman's rifle which is why it has a lower firing rate and higher damage. This also explains why the Westar gets a scope on it with improved accuracy.

A Westar should be able to beat someone with a DC-17M from a distance. Likewise at short range someone with a DC-17M should be able to shred the person using the Westar.

My point is that they are built differently because these guns are meant to be used very differently.

Edited by Keo
I'm an idiot and can't spell properly
  • Agree 1
Forum Admin

-1 for reasons stated by K E O

Edited by xX_Mosby_Xx

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Comparing an SMG to what is essentially a DMR and wanting them to be equal XD

Keo does a really good job explaining the gun logistics, to the point it makes me think he has worked in game development or balancing before.

The guy who got drunk and pretended to be a vacuum for an hour

Forum Admin

-1, suggestion was made already and voided due to us actually testing and comparing and finding it is actually OP. The dps equals out in the end and actually is superior to most weapons 

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

spacer.png

-1 bruh a suggestion was just denied about this subject. Also bruh moment just hit your shots more ;) 

• Agree 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Its a great weapon already.

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management