Tech addon for doors is trash ChangeMyMind

As the title indicates I am a strong supporter of the new tech tools while cool and have potential have no real guide on RP for a passing or a failing of events which not only removed players choice but made it a hand holding experience and took beautiful RP and replaced it with "/me hacks terminal 420 MLG pog".

Now I am not calling for its removal but rather a return of tech RP and allowing more classes then ENG to get said hack tools and MDP's are honestly a simple swep that could be added to perma store where only those who need it would most likely get it as not to clutter their tool bar.

Again to make myself clear TECHRP when a training and class were, yes long but it was mainly due to the examples ontop of examples in which we planned a revision to remove all of that to condense it. But I feel like the tool and addon like witcher gates see's little to no use and are more of a gimmick removing RP in favor of chilling.

#ChangeMyMind

• Agree 1

The rayshield link is busted anyways. You can only have one link at a time and it is quite frustrating to set up a large dupe/event with many doors and people still have to do the old @ a GM to remover the door because the link is broken.

personally i enjoy it. however, i do agree the functionality should be expanded to other jobs outside of just engineer. as it stands if your battalion doesnt have an active engineer regiment, youre basically screwed if it comes up in an event (unless the GM spawns them in) spreading them out more could be a good place to start. at least in terms of hacking terminals for intel and such.

Edited by Dax
clarification

Also as Engineer Manager, I don't see much point in ENG getting the tech addon as then it restricts players and deployments by not having a dedicated ENG on aswell as some events I have seen the kit and mdp having to be spawned in because no ENG is on during prime time or is cooped up in a training session

I have to agree, while it is cool and does save some time for GMs rather than explaining stuff to just write it in a console or use a server to unlock a door it does feel like a cop out for the RP that I loved. Yes it was lengthy but I felt the training and actual tech RP was fun. It also gave much better ways to succeed or fail. As it is it's hard to fail hacking and impossible to get locked out. That was part of the fun, getting locked out and having to bypass hardware.

The new tech is absolute trash, the addon doesn’t work properly. Not to mention no one knows how todo it because barely anyone hosts ENG training. Tech should be brought back to the 21st. And the reasoning of it being merged with ENG is lazy “cause they have tools now” tech has always had tools in it. All I’m saying is that the 21st were doing fine with hosting it. For example, we Tech trained like 80+ people in the month of April. 
The doc would then get revamped id assume 

we gave it a chance and no one even uses it and when it is used it’s BROKEN! Free tech

Edited by TheGoodOatmeal
Forum Admin

I’ve known people who have intentionally avoided and not done old tech because 21st didn’t do a good enough training them in such. If the tech system were to be changed back to the “old” System I would like to see a less confusing training maybe even a revamp of the document. I do believe it should not be a priority to any battalion though just like EOD. 

Edited by xX_Mosby_Xx

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Forum Admin
1 hour ago, TheGoodOatmeal said:

The new tech is absolute trash, the addon doesn’t work properly. Not to mention no one knows how todo it because barely anyone hosts ENG training. Tech should be brought back to the 21st. And the reasoning of it being merged with ENG is lazy “cause they have tools now” tech has always had tools in it. All I’m saying is that the 21st were doing fine with hosting it. For example, we Tech trained like 80+ people in the month of April. 
The doc would then get revamped id assume 

we gave it a chance and no one even uses it and when it is used it’s BROKEN! Free tech

I would have to disagree on 2 points here. New tech, especially the data console, was used a lot. Also I wouldn’t attack engineering. While engineers don’t host bENG often (or what it seems) it’s because we don’t do trainings the same way 21st does (spam tryout bind, constantly hosting, etc.).  I would love to have 21st reclaim tech and make it a more efficient way of doing RP. 

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• Management
Management

I am the current ENGL for 104th and tbh I would not be interested in ENG one bit if it didn't have the stuff it has now. /me rp is imo the worst rp. Most of the time you're by yourself and most trainings that rely on it are either crazy long and stupidly hard to interpret. The most recent change to TechRP before this update was god awful and honestly the ENG document right now falls under the same category. I get the need for documents but there isn't a need in a handful of college essays for these documents. Roleplay should be simple and literally anyone should be able to do it.

One of the first sentences in the TECH training was "This isn't for everyone"

Don't even get me started on rolling. I could understand some things just not going your way but relying on RNG is the worst and also imo isn't roleplay. A fully trained soldier should not fail on locating an access panel to the engines of his own base nor should he fail in unscrewing a panel on a console etc. The worst part about this is throughout the years some parts of these trainings people say "Oh you don't roll here" or "You roll here but it doesn't determine pass or fail but something else" but the training documents NEVER specified. Since my time playing on the server I have taken it into my own hands to account where I should roll or not because majority of the time there's people saying to roll and to not roll.

The new addon, while it may have some issues, in my honest opinion is a hands on way to hack shit (Though the 120 second datapad one is super lame). Yeah you may not be typing out full on essays on how you broke into the console and that you uploaded your own special virus that takes down firewalls, but now you are actually literally hacking it, even if it's just a 1st graders math quiz.

I'd much rather actually DO something rather than TYPE out doing something and that is honestly what got me into ENG. 

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

I really enjoy it when you have the ENG's to make it happen. Typing our long paragraph's of lore is just a SUPERB ways to get info across. But the ENG regiment lacks the weapons others get and RP isn't enough to make people interested. This is why the regiment lacks IMO.

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, xX_Mosby_Xx said:

I would have to disagree on 2 points here. New tech, especially the data console, was used a lot. Also I wouldn’t attack engineering. While engineers don’t host bENG often (or what it seems) it’s because we don’t do trainings the same way 21st does (spam tryout bind, constantly hosting, etc.).  I would love to have 21st reclaim tech and make it a more efficient way of doing RP. 

I mean engineering should have never taken Tech for many reasons

- ENG and Tech are very different in terms of the server. ENG is all about reparing and creating, Tech is all about destroying and infiltrating.

- Tech had tools before the new update, they were just RP Tools

-  And its better to host trainings more often then to hold on them, we wanted everyone to be able to get Tech trained so they could further immerse themselves.  

The data consoles are just stupid, you press a couple buttons and wait two minutes. In RP sense, it would never be that EASY. Since when do the CIS leave all their consoles unlocked and have no security, never. The data consoles themselves are FailRP. Everyone acts like old TechRP was so hard. At first it is hard to digest but we literally have flow charts where you can just copy word to word and follow steps from there on. So if you cannot read a simple chart then dont get the training.

22 minutes ago, Metro said:

Actually doing the thing > Typing out Paragraphs of unintelligible bs. It's prolly one of the better new additions to the server.

"Actually doing the thing" The addon doesnt even work. I have tried to use it for hosting sims maybe like 7 times and every time it doesnt work. 

The doc is going to be remade since you guys have trouble understanding it.. even though flow charts illustrate the process step by step

Its not a good addition as it lessens RP and makes it way to easy to get info. 

Why the dumb? Just my opinion

Edited by TheGoodOatmeal
23 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I am the current ENGL for 104th and tbh I would not be interested in ENG one bit if it didn't have the stuff it has now. /me rp is imo the worst rp. Most of the time you're by yourself and most trainings that rely on it are either crazy long and stupidly hard to interpret. The most recent change to TechRP before this update was god awful and honestly the ENG document right now falls under the same category. I get the need for documents but there isn't a need in a handful of college essays for these documents. Roleplay should be simple and literally anyone should be able to do it.

One of the first sentences in the TECH training was "This isn't for everyone"

Don't even get me started on rolling. I could understand some things just not going your way but relying on RNG is the worst and also imo isn't roleplay. A fully trained soldier should not fail on locating an access panel to the engines of his own base nor should he fail in unscrewing a panel on a console etc. The worst part about this is throughout the years some parts of these trainings people say "Oh you don't roll here" or "You roll here but it doesn't determine pass or fail but something else" but the training documents NEVER specified. Since my time playing on the server I have taken it into my own hands to account where I should roll or not because majority of the time there's people saying to roll and to not roll.

The new addon, while it may have some issues, in my honest opinion is a hands on way to hack shit (Though the 120 second datapad one is super lame). Yeah you may not be typing out full on essays on how you broke into the console and that you uploaded your own special virus that takes down firewalls, but now you are actually literally hacking it, even if it's just a 1st graders math quiz.

I'd much rather actually DO something rather than TYPE out doing something and that is honestly what got me into ENG. 

1- /me rp is like 90% of what is done on the server

2- The Tech doc was in the middle of getting condensed and simplified because everyone complained about it (even though we had flow charts that showed step by step of how todo everything)

3- In terms of locating an access port, keep in mind this is when they are hacking into CIS computers. Most times they would never know what an access port looks like on CIS technology unless dealt with before, but in our case they havent. That is why you gotta roll for it. The charts literally show you when to roll and when to NOT ROLL. 

4- The new addon doesnt even work 90% of the time. The datapad one is super lame to and is basically failrp. The only advantage is the hands on aspect. 

And the new tech doc, if it gets reinstated, will be short and sweet.

7 minutes ago, TheGoodOatmeal said:

I mean engineering should have never taken Tech for many reasons

- ENG and Tech are very different in terms of the server. ENG is all about reparing and creating, Tech is all about destroying and infiltrating.

- Tech had tools before the new update, they were just RP Tools

-  And its better to host trainings more often then to hold on them, we wanted everyone to be able to get Tech trained so they could further immerse themselves.  

The data consoles are just stupid, you press a couple buttons and wait two minutes. In RP sense, it would never be that EASY. Since when do the CIS leave all their consoles unlocked and have no security, never. The data consoles themselves are FailRP. Everyone acts like old TechRP was so hard. At first it is hard to digest but we literally have flow charts where you can just copy word to word and follow steps from there on. So if you cannot read a simple chart then dont get the training.

"Actually doing the thing" The addon doesnt even work. I have tried to use it for hosting sims maybe like 7 times and every time it doesnt work. 

The doc is going to be remade since you guys have trouble understanding it.. even though flow charts illustrate the process step by step

The point is RP shouldn't be document RP. The fact there are flow charts and stuff is the issue here LMAO. Just RP it out and have fun.

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

Just now, Metro said:

The point is RP shouldn't be document RP. The fact there are flow charts and stuff is the issue here LMAO. Just RP it out and have fun.

I know I stated above that we were in the middle of condensing and simplifying the doc to be way more generic, that way people can just follow a very basic guideline which allows room for improvisation. Ill make the Tech doc no longer than 3 pages and thats a promise ;)

Forum Admin

Why the dumb? Just my opinion

The consoles themselves were not failrp and is a very big accusation you are holding against the server. The console was an alternative to doing, in some peoples opinion, mind numbing and quite repetitive tech rp. Honestly I didn't mind the shakeup. The document itself was pretty easy to understand, I was more focusing on the people who trained, complicating things and not condensing it. People believed that giving ENG tech would bring more activity to the regiment. This along with other balancing measures have show to be completely and utterly unsuccessful. When given the choice between z6 go BRRRR and some "stale" RP, I don't blame recruits from choosing the heavy. You have to realize that if its so "easy" then people wouldn't be having issues with it. If you want tech back so bad maybe instead of blaming and criticizing other people, you should look inwards at the document and those who train :).

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

The addon is sickage but we should make it class specific.

We be giving ENG the whole world and the branch dead in every battalion. ENG works better when it's a training instead of a hyper important job

And @Metro is right, flowchart tech wasn't RP. Mf I wanna pretend to be a clone of a bounty hunter who shoots lasers at robots not a mf IT Technician, get that shit outta here.

Addon > /me

Edited by Comics

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

What I think TECH should be, 

A merger of the new and old system. So you dont just walk up to console and press E

Like a door is kinda hard but take but 90 seconds

A data console takes 120 seconds... that's just and instantly starting download. No ep about hacking past it just plug and play.

21st obviously feel and note the changes and such more noticeable as we basically lived and breathed TECH.

TECH on the server has become basic maths and waiting rather than any creative thinking.

This can be attributed to the sudden inclusion of TECH in bENG. But I think it should be w separate training needed for ENG (I think it was before anyway)

21st are probably a bit masochistic as we enjoyed the mind numbing rp of TECH. 

Edited by Gadget

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Forum Admin

I think this tech addon is so much easier then old tech rp, no one actually done the correct tech rp other then 21st and it. Got updated on a weekly basis which didn't add anything useful just more pictures and flow charts. This ones a lot more simple and easy to use. I think passive rp is always good but that one was just excessive 

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

46 minutes ago, Naffen said:

I think this tech addon is so much easier then old tech rp, no one actually done the correct tech rp other then 21st and it. Got updated on a weekly basis which didn't add anything useful just more pictures and flow charts. This ones a lot more simple and easy to use. I think passive rp is always good but that one was just excessive 

I am in agreement about the update part,  it was kinda over complicated/become too forces structurally. Creativity was lost for the sake of "consistently correct rp". And then the wipe, oh boy the wipe.

I like most aspect but it's always tech for dummies now, no creativity or rp for the one doing it. Just run up, press E, either do the mini game once it loads for a door or click start download and wait. 

I like the doors but I don't like the consoles, you dont really hack them, more plug in t a USB and copy all.

• Agree 1

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

4 hours ago, Gadget said:

What I think TECH should be, 

A merger of the new and old system. So you dont just walk up to console and press E

Like a door is kinda hard but take but 90 seconds

A data console takes 120 seconds... that's just and instantly starting download. No ep about hacking past it just plug and play.

21st obviously feel and note the changes and such more noticeable as we basically lived and breathed TECH.

TECH on the server has become basic maths and waiting rather than any creative thinking.

This can be attributed to the sudden inclusion of TECH in bENG. But I think it should be w separate training needed for ENG (I think it was before anyway)

21st are probably a bit masochistic as we enjoyed the mind numbing rp of TECH. 

+1 On this one 

21 hours ago, xX_Mosby_Xx said:

The consoles themselves were not failrp and is a very big accusation you are holding against the server. The console was an alternative to doing, in some peoples opinion, mind numbing and quite repetitive tech rp. Honestly I didn't mind the shakeup. The document itself was pretty easy to understand, I was more focusing on the people who trained, complicating things and not condensing it. People believed that giving ENG tech would bring more activity to the regiment. This along with other balancing measures have show to be completely and utterly unsuccessful. When given the choice between z6 go BRRRR and some "stale" RP, I don't blame recruits from choosing the heavy. You have to realize that if its so "easy" then people wouldn't be having issues with it. If you want tech back so bad maybe instead of blaming and criticizing other people, you should look inwards at the document and those who train :).

1- You’re calling the old tech system stale and repetitive when the new data console you literally press two buttons every single time. The old tech system had multiple options and not the same route every single time.

2- And 99% of my tech sessions I hosted I always asked people after each section if they were confused or have any questions, if they did I answered the questions. Not making it complicated..

3- Data consoles are failrp, no highly established military force like the CIS or any army would leave around a data console with NO layers of security. It makes no sense.

4- Giving ENG tech was not the right thing todo. Ik the ENG branch is dying but tech has nothing todo with engineering and should be kept separate. Honestly the ENG job should just be merged with pilot or some sort if it really is dying. But that really isn’t the issue here, the issue is that this new addon is quite stale and repetitive and doesn’t even work

5- I don’t know why anyone can not scroll up, but I’ve stated multiple times we were working on mega condensing and simplifying the tech doc before the change happened... 

6- People are having issues with this new tech system as it doesn’t even work, and no one really knows how to work it. Old tech was rough for some people I’ll admit it but like I said before, I made sure everyone in my training session understood what was going on and I did it quickly, cause people loose interest and attention after like 45 minutes. 

And don’t accuse me of criticizing and blaming, I’m just saying this new system was tried and doesn’t even work, and in some ways more stale then the old system. As you have the same route every time. Seems people think something is more “immersive” whenever it is an actual object that can be interacted. When it is the actual content. I’m not sure how people feel immersed when they press two buttons and wait two minutes, nice! Or when they do math problems! 

13 hours ago, Naffen said:

That’s a no, the tech doc got updated (content wise) maybe twice in its 6-7 months of existence. And when it was updated it was minor changes like how downloads work. 
And about being excessive, we were working on a new doc which simplified and condensed all of it until the new tech came out. 

You disagree Naffen but what I am saying is true,  I re joined the server 4/4 of this year and the tech doc does not get updated "every week" The past two months the tech doc only got updated once and that was to semi condense. Just like a said above, we were planning on super condensing the doc to make it very rp friendly and not narrow. So it would be "simple" The new system is a slap in the face as it doesnt even work and is toooo easy. No extra pictures were ever added and the flowcharts.

99% of the people would agree that the flowcharts were much easier to understand then reading out the horrible step by step guideline it was at (before we updated it of course). So dont knock on them when you prob used them. 

Edited by TheGoodOatmeal
  • Disagree 1
15 hours ago, Comics said:

The addon is sickage but we should make it class specific.

We be giving ENG the whole world and the branch dead in every battalion. ENG works better when it's a training instead of a hyper important job

And @Metro is right, flowchart tech wasn't RP. Mf I wanna pretend to be a clone of a bounty hunter who shoots lasers at robots not a mf IT Technician, get that shit outta here.

Addon > /me

The ray shield addon doesn’t work properly, and the Data console addon too simple by pressing two buttons. 
Not everyone has to be tech trained, if you don’t like it then just don’t get the training. I don’t think we should super dumb down the system because people are mad at its complexity. Yes it was a bit narrow with the rp, but like I’ve stated numerous times we were working on condensing and fixing the tech doc, making it more free. You can still shoot your lasers, just don’t understand why people feel it’s a necessity for them to have a tech training. 

RP on a RP server > pressing two buttons or doing basic math on a system that doesn’t work

20 hours ago, Metro said:

22 minutes ago, TheGoodOatmeal said:

The ray shield addon doesn’t work properly, and the Data console addon too simple by pressing two buttons. 
Not everyone has to be tech trained, if you don’t like it then just don’t get the training. I don’t think we should super dumb down the system because people are mad at its complexity. Yes it was a bit narrow with the rp, but like I’ve stated numerous times we were working on condensing and fixing the tech doc, making it more free. You can still shoot your lasers, just don’t understand why people feel it’s a necessity for them to have a tech training. 

RP on a RP server > pressing two buttons or doing basic math on a system that doesn’t work

If you enjoy /me then go ahead buddy, we ain't stopping you having fun following a flow chart :pepeLaugh:

2 minutes ago, Comics said:

If you enjoy /me then go ahead buddy, we ain't stopping you having fun following a flow chart :pepeLaugh:

Like I’ve said like four times, we were in the middle of simplifying and condensing the document to make it a lot more RP friendly. So you guys wouldn’t be trapped in a narrow minded system. I’ve stated it a couple times above. Simplifying it to the state where flow charts wouldn’t exist. On the latest tech doc we had before the new changes there was literally 3-4 steps MAX on the rp portions. Like this

1- plug in 

2- hack

3- retrieve data/deactivate activate/change

is that still too complicated? I can show it too btw if you want proof. 

• Funny 1
  • Founder
Founder

Don't Let Steven Crowder Change Your Mind - Liberation Day - Medium

• Funny 1
2 minutes ago, TheGoodOatmeal said:

Like I’ve said like four times, we were in the middle of simplifying and condensing the document to make it a lot more RP friendly. So you guys wouldn’t be trapped in a narrow minded system. I’ve stated it a couple times above. Simplifying it to the state where flow charts wouldn’t exist. On the latest tech doc we had before the new changes there was literally 3-4 steps MAX on the rp portions. Like this

1- plug in 

2- hack

is that still too complicated? I can show it too btw if you want proof. 

Flow charts :pepeLaugh:

• Funny 1

After reading all of these posts, here's my two cents on all this:

In my humble opinion, we should never have tried to overcomplicate TECH, and we sure as hell shouldn't have wiped it. IMO, SOBDE did a much better job at teaching and hosting TECH, but then they got the wipe hammer and we were forced to take the burden of TECH while they got their collective shit back together. And we should have kept it simple. But oh my god, revision after revision until it led to a wipe. Biggest mistake we ever made with it TBH.

TECH Shouldn't be something like, "roll to push these goddamn buttons because you are an incompetent fuck." What it should do is promote ROLEPLAY. For instance, before the addon with the datapads, there were many ways you could go about hacking any console. Take the easy route and use slicer chips or scrambler keys for instant access or the hard route where you plug in/wirelessly sync your datapad and actually try to hack said console. You shouldn't have to roll for every single basic action. I've tried to stress this when teaching TECH and EOD rp. You don't have to roll for something so simple like pushing a button or buttons you just have to roll for say, using a hack program or doing something that can fail, like trying to unscrew a panel with rusted as fuck screws.

Example: /me inserts slicer chip to save time. (you could do this two times.) if you succeeded, you skip all of the datapad BS. Same with the scrambler key.

Which brings me to my 2 cents on people saying "we shouldn't roll because RP shouldn't be RNG based" because obviously, a heavily encrypted system locked with a password you don't know will be hacked immediately with next to zero effort in less than 2 minutes. The reason you rolled was because you weren't going to succeed in hacking every single time. Not every single terminal is the same. Getting a bad roll simply means the console security is doing it's job and trying to keep you out and you need to try harder to hack it.

And the reason you had to do additional hacking for files within the terminal is because it's like a school computer: You ain't gonna have full and unrestricted access when you log in, so some features/files will be locked by a higher power. And this is why you had the option of downloading them for hacking later or hacking into them right there. 

On 6/30/2020 at 10:06 PM, Metro said:

Actually doing the thing > Typing out Paragraphs of unintelligible bs. It's prolly one of the better new additions to the server.

https://imgur.com/a/gbZx66l

Look at sev in the video. What is he doing when hacking the terminal? 

Typing out Paragraphs of unintelligible bs.

Exactly. So actually rping out hacking a terminal isn't much different.

But yeah, we shouldn't have tried to make TECH super complicated. IMO, the old TECH was simple and effective. And wiping it was a big mistake. One that we don't plan on repeating anytime soon. (hopefully never.)

Now my issue with lumping TECH in with bENG is this basically forces people who just want to learn how to use the datapad and/or hack shit to go through extra training to learn how to fix engines and vehicles when they simply want instructions on how to hack. And we shouldn't have pushed all TechRP into the new addon, we should've kept the old /me part of hacking as a failsafe in case either the addon breaks, there are no ENG jobs available to give out hack tools or hack stuff themselves, or in case a gamemaster just wants to save time by putting down a terminal prop and saying, hack this.

Pushing everything into the addon basically forces all events with TechRP require an ENG job or require the gamemaster to spawn hack tools for people when people who know how to rp out hacking are readily available. Like literally, before the addon, whenever we ran into a terminal, all we had to do was ask, "who's tech trained?" Now we have to ask, "where the f**k are the engineer jobs?" Which is why I think pushing all TechRP into the addon was a bad idea.

But if everyone feels that we can make this new addon work with zero issues, go for it. I still feel old TechRP needs to stick around as a backup.

TL;DR: Tough shit. Speed read it.

1 hour ago, JBFox said:

20 page tech RP doc was way worse than actually doing something to hack the doors, even if they are scuffed sometimes. 

Hence why it took so long for me, a 21st commander, to get it. 

I was against the giant ass doc as soon as I saw it and it kept getting bigger. Most of it was images which would have just been bullet points/numbers. The doc should be like 5 maximum really. 10 if need be. 

It shouldn't take 30 minutes to train 1 person.  The new system is kinda easy to train but that's the issue, it's basically idiot proof and requires mo skill and doesn't feel satisfying really.

You dont feel happy about a good roll or sad about a bad one. There is no unknown or failure. There just "shit, why did I press 9 when 5+3 is 8, now I have to start again." 

2 hours ago, Alec said:

Having to follow a doc and flowchart word to word wasn't any more RP than this is. Even tho arguably that was even worse

Before the new tech addons got implemented, we were working on making the actually techrp very versatile and free instead of the narrow minded type it was before.

Like I said above the steps would be

1- plug in

2- hack

3- do what makes sense on the terminal you got

With this being said, if we were to get tech back the new doc would maybe be like 5 pages MAX! And the RP would be about as free choice as it gets. 

Edited by TheGoodOatmeal
  • Management
Management

1- plug in

2- hack

Isn’t this what the current TECH is???

:Pepega:

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

2 hours ago, TheGoodOatmeal said:

Before the new tech addons got implemented, we were working on making the actually techrp very versatile and free instead of the narrow minded type it was before.

1- plug in

2- hack

3- do what makes sense on the terminal you got

With this being said, if we were to get tech back the new doc would maybe be like 5 pages MAX! And the RP would be about as free choice as it gets. 

5 pages is still too much imo, just let players do waht feels right, ez

unknown.png

1 hour ago, Alec said:

5 pages is still too much imo, just let players do waht feels right, ez

That is literally letting the players do what they want. They get to hack how they envision and imagine. 5 pages was a guesstimate but if people are going to be happy based on the pages numbers then why don’t we bump to 3 

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

Isn’t this what the current TECH is???

:Pepega:

Nah, current tech is actually this.

1- you don’t plug in, you just magically get a math quiz 

2- you solve the math quiz to only find out... it’s broken and the addon doesn’t even work! 

3- and once you’re “passed” the security (math quiz) you only have two options. While in old tech the options were up to the mind, could word it and execute how you imagine. Did I mention the two options for the new tech don’t even work. 

also the data consoles have literally no security, making it extremely unrealistic and dumb easy. Where is the fun in pressing two buttons? In the old tech atleast you could be creative on how and what you used to execute your hacking. And we were going to make it even more free minded RP. That is what the future tech will be if we get it back. 

Why is everyone defending an actual broken addon?

insert the Pepe. 

Edited by TheGoodOatmeal
On 7/2/2020 at 11:31 AM, JBFox said:

20 page tech RP doc was way worse than actually doing something to hack the doors, even if they are scuffed sometimes. 

1- The doc, before the new addon came, was going to be condensed and simplified so tech was a- shorter and b - a lot more freedom to rp. So if we get tech rp back, the doc will be super short and sweet 

2- and the doors are not “scuffed sometimes” they are scuffed all the time. I believe I’ve tried to use them for sims like five times and it didn’t work, and all of them were properly linked too. 

Thanks for the "dumb" reaction. You really got me!

Edited by TheGoodOatmeal
  • Management
Management
9 minutes ago, TheGoodOatmeal said:

Why is everyone defending an actual broken addon?

insert the Pepe. 

I have set up and used the addon too many times to count and the only problem I have encountered is the rig for remote control option not working every so often. Even then it’s not hard to make a ticket and get it opened by the GM or what not and that’s what we do anyways.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

8 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I have set up and used the addon too many times to count and the only problem I have encountered is the rig for remote control option not working every so often. Even then it’s not hard to make a ticket and get it opened by the GM or what not and that’s what we do anyways.

Neither has worked for me when I try to run sims and it probably doesn’t work more then it does work. I don’t understand why people think this new addon is more immersive just because it has an interface now, it really only just a glorified math problem. While old tech is was a lot more complex. If we get the old tech back I’ll make sure it’s complex, short, and sweet so it is overall better and more gratifying to hack then a math test