Honoring Slate

Post good stories or memories that you have of slate here.

If you need to talk as well this is the place to do it. 

Rest in Peace Slate gone but never forgotten he will forever live on within us. 

Edited by Dennis
updating
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 9
  • Friendly 6

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Never knew the man, but he sounded like a good man and his story hit too close to home. R.I.P o7! /me Plays Amazing Grace on the Bag Pipes

Edited by Cloves
Needed to be done
  • Agree 1

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA

o7 never talked to him a lot but the first time I talked to him was when IO asked him and moros if i could go on a patrol with 104th I had wanted him and Moros to do a deepvoice battle between eachother and we continued to joke around for a little bit and I'll remember that.

o7

I never knew the lad on a personal level. But from what I saw he was an extraordinary man, With a drive to make sure those who he loved and respected were priority. My deepest condolences go to his friends and family, 104th and those who knew him. May his soul rest peacefully. And may the torch that he passed to his friends and family forever stay lit within us. 

Rest in peace, Slate. 

Some dude that's been in SO BDE more times than he can count.

Slate was an amazing person I had a few laughs with him when I was a CT he got onto me many times when I first joined the server and I miss him so much he is forever in my heart. I wish I got the chance to thank him for teaching me everything I know about synergy but now I lost that chance but he is now in a better place and he will be missed forever. To think that I came all this way as an SSG it's surprising because when I first joined I was a minge I didn't follow the rules that's when Slate came in and yelled at me and whipped me into shape and It makes me sad that he's gone I was never close with the 104th but I was with Slate and I'm gonna miss him so much . Amazing Grace how sweet the sound!!!

Edited by Snoop Dogg
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 2

It is truly amazing what happens when we band together for a collective goal. I didn't know Slate, but to the guys of 104th it seems like a guy that I could connect with. I hope can always remember who he was and the lasting impact he had on this community. If the afterlife is real, he's smiling upon us right now. o7

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1
Banned

"And he still gives his love, he just gives it away
The love he receives is the love that is saved"
-Pearl jam

Rest in piece my friend. You will be missed. o7

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 2

I don't exactly know who Slate is, which sounds unfortunate because I would've loved to get to know someone who was such an influence on the server and on the Wolfpack.

o7 Sounded like a good fucking lad, and a great friend. I hope eventually his family sees this post and sees what a fantastic individual he was.

• Friendly 1

Here is my Honorable Message to Slate:

You are a damn legend, and an exceptional Leader. I remember me coming on for my first four days back on synergy, thinking we were on a ship, and then him telling me "Hey Dumbass this is a Base, We're on Endor!" That offensive comedy always got me, and he really knew how to stick 104th in the right path. Man, I have had some great laughs with him. He used to come on all the time and just say "WTF Is this Battalion, why is there so many of you". And in reality, he prompted all of us to recruit and work hard. He was an Idol to so many of us, and a Leader for the entire Battalion. He has shown me so many things that I am so thankful for. He has put me down the path that has lead me to make so many friends, and come so close to this community. I remember Slate pulling me into a channel and just saying "Hey, you need to buck up man, you need to be more mature. You are a great guy, but you need to work harder to do better in this Battalion." After hearing that I pushed so hard for 104th, and put my all into it.  He used to come in and see my messing around, or just not doing things correctly and pretty much PT me into place. I now honor this man so much, my feelings have lost control. I cannot sit still for this, and I cannot control my sadness. But he has made a family on this server, and made such an impact towards the entirety of the 104th. He established a home here, and established a home for me. He always knew how to cheer me up and make me laugh. We would have our jokes, our laughs, and our fun times with Slate, Rover, Skunk and Moros. Man I will miss him deeply. He made such a name for himself here, and worked so hard for everything he has done. I have changed my salute bind to bind o "say /me Salutes with As Much Respect as Possible, In Honor of Commander Slate. I will never change that bind, no matter what happens, or what community I am in. He has the example of an amazing Commander. And he will have an eternal place in my heart. As ATC Lead, I have given Slate the Callsign of Legend-99. Thank you for everything, Commander Slate Sir.

MY RP Name at my greatest times with Slate was

104th SUPO MSG Razen,

Amen Brothers, and Fly high Sir.

Edited by Razen
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly 5

Doom the Boom

R. I. P. Slate

Wish I got to know you more.

Farewell Brother.

o7

Retired:  OG of Synergy | Head Admin | Game Master Chief | Senior Attack and Defense Brigade Commander | #FirstCommanderAppToBeAcceptedOnTheForums.

On the 1st of September 2018, I came across a newly trained CT. A man by name of Slate; a man of such shyness and unknowing due to this being his introduction to the server.

A man who also wanted to join 104th and so began his journey, starting at the 104th tryout with myself. 

During the tryout I was to later learn his TR trainer had not properly taught him the ropes of the server, and so Slate often failed on multiple sections of the tryout. Whether that was him not knowing of what a face was or perhaps the use of the wrong formation. He in the end should of failed his tryout and been on his way to either another battalion or another server. But with the kindness, ambition and charisma he possessed, I had promised to him I would let him join if he was to go over basic training with me after the tryout had concluded.

I have never regretted that decision since. 

Me and Slate had often been at each others throats during our time in 104th collectively. But I often now after his passing try to remember the first day I met him. A day in which I saw a man who while knew nothing of the server, still continued to try his hardest and be the best he could be.

Adios Slate. A man who I shall always remember as the young, kind CT who had taught me something in life. To give chances. 

Edited by Chop
  • Friendly 5

Not a Medal of Valour recipient 

I've said what I needed to say already in another place. I'm spent mentally and emotionally from this. Slate was my best friend on Synergy. I can't imagine my time without him, and I can't imagine the future without him. Thank you Slate... for everything you've done for me and everyone else.  It's going to be a little more grey every day without you. You'll be missed dearly, my friend. Rest easy ❤️ 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 4

o7 only spoke to him once and that was when i joined the server, was a great guy from the start even though i didn't know him that well

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

I never knew slate other than just saying hi but it hurts when we have members of the community leave forever and i hope the 104th nevers forget their great members and have a memorial for him and when i get back i will come to it before my beginning of shift and say a Pryor for him and when i get if any 104th wants someone to talk to i will always be here for you all

Didn’t know you very well, or at all really but we’ve spoken and I thought you were cool. 

In the words of the goat himself 

“thank you for existing” 

o7 

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

o7 An inspiring and positive man. He kept us up and stayed chill where others could get heated. A true loss to this community.

May he forever rest in peace.

❤️

• Agree 1

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

Forum Admin

RIP Slate

I remember him as an enlisted and he was always a good soldier

You will be remembered

• Agree 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Seen him around in medbay, didn't really get to meet him but what I've heard was he was a great friend, clone trooper, and person.

R.I.P

We'll keep you in our hearts

Edited by KnightVR

Current: None | Former: Fox, Thire, Stone, BCMD, Veteran Admin, DSL, ARCLx2
kamino-coruscant — Commander Fox and Sergeant Hound S05x18: The Jedi...

I met Slate when he joined 104th. He joined the MED branch when I was the lead. I was surprised by how passionate he was about MED RP. He worked his ass of and made his way up to MEDX.  After I resigned he got MEDL and god damn did he make me proud. I hope Slate is in a better place now.

o7

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

slate was a good man. i dont have any specific memories because i play(ed) so much everything meshed together alot. but i do remember slate was a fun person to be around. when he need to be serious he was and when it was time to relax he did. he was damn passionate about his work to something i really respect. its always my goal that a enlisted will rise about me in the ranks and Slate did just that. he was a great leader and solider. i cant think of anything he ever did to piss me off or make me upset. he was a good guy to be around in general and im glad to have had the chance to know him and at least on my end be his friend. if i had known the last time i signed off  that i was never going to interact with him again i would have given a more heartfelt goodbye. see ya around Slate. Rest peacefully my friend and know that you will be remembered by this one little memer

"May we meet again, in a better life" -Robin FE Awakening

Edited by Ccmonty

its amazing to see all the support on  this post. i cant speak for all the 104th but as for myself and one of the oldest members it warms my heart to see this. thank you everyone

Edited by Ccmonty