I like Climbing

Pythin

Name:Pythin

RP Rank: BO LTC| RTL in RANCOR

Suggestion: Add Climb Swep to all jobs

Implementation: Okay so Hear me out. Climb Swep Seperates the Men from the Boys. Instead of ridiculouse faces in tryouts you could actually have a challenge that more physical and not just counting the right faces to do. Also they are a very useful tool due to the fact that we have mountains and hills on the maps we use, and would prove a vital part of the troops. Also you can do some cool shit with it.

Lore:Its Legit Just Climbing

Heres a video of some dudes climbing

Workshop content if applicable:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113495466 ---Here is the Addon
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Edited by Pythin
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Funny 1

Former: Liaison

+1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

33 minutes ago, Alec said:

-1 half the server would be climbing on walls for no reason lol

They would be improving skill? Climb swep isn’t easy. It would put a new challenge on people

+1 maybe just SOBDE ARC and ARF instead of whole server? Reason being the enhancements to their genetic code training and armor. The armor for ARC and ARF were lighter for recon purposes but still durable but with the whole server it wouldn't work right. Specifically  All RC squads would get it, Null ,Rancor and Alpha Arc, All Battalion Arcs and arfs 

Edited by justuscloud5
Banned

Nice lore reference. +1

r4ymo.gif

FUck you with those videos man. My legs feel like shit rn.

+1 tho, we can see how it's like. And THIS IS AN IDEA, SO DON'T GET TRIGGERED LADIES, HAKUNA YOUR TATAS, PREPARE; why not use them for idk... maybe jet/rocket troopers?

Ok so give it to every job is a minge fest but if you allow game master to spawn it in for event server events. Like have them climb up a mountain to break into a base or do like the MW2 cliff hanger mission. But only spawn it in for groups that would most likely use it i.e recon or ARCs yes they probably have to be train in it but they have it spawned in instead of a job this way you can control who has it and less the effect on minges. So i will +1 it even tho i'm not on the server anymore but the effect this swep can have to help GameMaster make more unique events and have you find more interesting ways to get the job done is the biggest reason to agree with this

Edited by [SR]KillJoy[SA]
  • Agree 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Banned

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

There are many pros and cons to this suggestion. It adds more role-play. Troopers will be able to climb mountains and walls, instead of using jetpacks. 
This will mostly be used for reconnaissance battalions, republic commandos, and advanced recon commandos. 

The main concern is the abuse of it. People that know how to use climbswep can easily get away from CG/ST. Staff would have to get involved. 

Neutral

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hl78vlsf647h4xl/videos (06).mp4?dl=0

Okay SO I dont think I pointed some things out when I made the post. The point of this suggestion was not a meme. It is suppose to help out in a few areas, as well as be something fun for people to do. Climb Swep is a good addition to a server, and I am going to give you a few reasons why.

-Climb Swep is more physical because it is more challenging. Its not as easy as turning left or right for faces. Its about being able to do the actual move itself. Faces to me are pointless. We never do them in game for anything, and what, they are suppose to be helpful? To me I have never seen ANYONE actually do faces in a combat scenario, and rarely in PT. The Swep would add some new ways to host tryouts, and not so as much be about the mental side, but more about how they can use it to there advantage.

-Those videos were my bad. I was trying to just show climbing, and I fucked up on a few of them because they were really bad, but the point I was trying to make is that everyone can climb. Climbing is in our nature. We all have tried rock climbing once, and I can you say you haven't enjoyed it? To add the is in. Would be for something fun that people can do in the pass time for events, and not just sit around doing nothing all day. 

-I came from many servers that had Climb swep in there jobs, and at every point it seemed useful for about anything. If it where me I can do about anything with it. It would probably be the troopers most useful tool they have with them. If they practice enough they could do just about anything with it. What can you do anything with about Faces? or about stupid trigger discipline? I am saying this is a vital part of what people do, and I can see it being useful for some of the maps that we are always on. 

I hope that answers some of your guy's questions. Sorry for the videos.
@Chop @Extinzion @Clank @Old Spartan

I can see where you're coming from, I used to use it a lot and got very skilled at it myself. Yes, it takes work to perfect your ability with it. So do a lot of other things. It just seems like it would create more problems than solutions. There are numerous glitches you can perform with it (A significant one that comes to mind is being able to climb on air if you time a jump just right and fly across the map), which while no doubt would be punishable by various means should not be allowed to happen to start with.

Also, adding that ability takes away from jobs with Jetpacks a bit. Suddenly that place that only JTs should be able to reach and clear can be reachable by literally anyone who invests enough time in practicing with the thing.

And then of course the previously stated CG/ST situation. I don't need to say much on this point that hasn't already been said.

While it has its benefits, I think the way we are now we can do without it. We've been fine without it thus far. -1.

Edited by Shiny Keldeo

I have had a lot of experience with climb swep and what it can do, and personally like using it myself. I think that it has the pros and cons previously listed with issues of abuse and worries for shock being the main concern. Yet, to be entirely honest: You can use both of those excuses for almost every other piece of equipment and their suggestions. I personally believe that if you're that worried about it, you are saying we don't have a good enough Shock or staff to deal with it. Which I disagree with heavily. As the server is supposed to be driven by the people, then we are the ones who would hold ourselves accountable for abuse. So what if a PVT in a battalion starts abusing it? They will get their ass chewed out and possibly be punished. Why do you think our regular members don't constantly go around shooting everyone? (I don't mean people who purposely come o. to fuck around or anything, I mean the people who spend a lot of time here, have fun, and contribute to the community). It's because we have rules in place and people to enforce them.

Otherwise if there is a way to change the sound effects, that would be greatly appreciated.

There are also many benefits to adding this though seeing as it might spread troops out more evenly cause honestly it seems like everyone wants to be a jet trooper because the sheer mobility allows for them to have better positioning, speed, and have access to places the rest of the server can't. Adding this means those other jobs can become more popular and less obsolete. Since, honestly, you can try to say it would make JT less useful but there are places climb swep still can't reach and I guarantee you, being able to scale the mountain without climb swep in an 1/8th of the time including even darting from one end of the map and back in a few seconds still makes JT a viable option. Plus, it is another thing for people to practice and they can really whenever they have the time. In sim rooms, on patrol, and even just hop into single player and grind it out without the lag and shit. This would also allow for more creative building on the staffs part for more engaging events.

I've ranted on for long enough so: In the case that it doesn't impact server performance negatively and those sounds may be muffled/altered/removed, then it's a +1 from me dawg.

Edited by Prince
  • Funny 1
2 minutes ago, Bolt said:

-1, if you wanna add it back, everyone should get it, considering everyone has the knowledge on how to climb as a clone... well most... also kinda mingy

The suggestion is for all, but some want it to be for certain jobs. It’s whatever the directors want. I am just the sugguester

Just now, Pythin said:

The suggestion is for all, but some want it to be for certain jobs. It’s whatever the directors want. I am just the sugguester

The suggestion says specifically for rocket troops, ARC, ARF, SOBDE, and maybe another one or two, not everyone, if it is for everyone i'd change to neutral

bolt

On 6/6/2019 at 5:52 PM, Alexz said:

-1  we had them a whole back but they were removed due to mass lag and also mass minging 

On 6/6/2019 at 7:30 PM, Extinzion said:

"more physical", yes because pressing a button is so fucking exhausting and tiring compared to having to actually think of what you're doing when doing faces. Unnecessary swep -1

On 6/6/2019 at 6:31 PM, Arroyo said:

-1 Creates more problems then using it 

On 6/6/2019 at 5:12 PM, Alec said:

-1 half the server would be climbing on walls for no reason lol

7 hours ago, Bolt said:

The suggestion says specifically for rocket troops, ARC, ARF, SOBDE, and maybe another one or two, not everyone, if it is for everyone i'd change to neutral

It originally was for all, but I am changing it back to all

9 hours ago, Bolt said:

It makes sense if it's for ARF, arc, sobde and all of rancor. Would make sense because they all have special armor that is extremely lightweight so they can climb as well as it keeps mingles away from it