Make Ammo Buyable Only From The Armory

Phil

Name: 501st Executive Officer Dogma | Phil

Suggestion: Make Ammo Buyable Only From The Armory

Implementation: Removing It from the F4 Menu and making it buyable only from the Armory

Lore: N/A, No Lore, but making it so you can buy it from the Armory would be more RP friendly, because currently people can just constantly buy it in combat and have infinite ammo, It would also force people to go buy ammo from the armory before events and going out on patrols.

Workshop content if applicable: IDK make it so you press E on an ammo crate in the Armory and it opens up a menu
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

And to everyone -1 this, please put an actual reason, and not just "It wont work" "It's a terrible Idea",
Give feedback to posts and why they wouldn't work, don't just jump on a bandwagon and -1 without an actual reason.
If you give a great example it could give others ideas on how to improve them and add newer stuff.

Edited by Phil
"And to everyone -1 this..."
  • Winner 1
  • Management
Management

+1

Will add some much needed immersion

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

5 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

+1 But It would also be nice to be able to have something that could deploy ammo in the field something with limited amounts maybe it would a tension and pressure to hold out style events

Make backpacks deploy ammo?

Let me tell you why this is a terrible idea.

1. The fake armory feels like fort knox trying to get past CG, imagine what it's like with real ammo.

2. Let us say you are out in the middle of the jungle on the main server and you need ammo, what now then? Pull back that advantage point you've got just to fetch some ammo? I think the fuck not.

3. The MRP crate system was ass, period.

-1, why would you even try this.

• Agree 5
  • Winner 2

Now, before I +1 or -1 I have a few questions:

Will there be an ammo crate only in armory?

Will there be an inventory system so you can buy ammo crates and load them into your gun whenever you need ammo?

Will there be multiple crates spread across the map? (like in MRP?)

Can you buy more than just pulse ammo? (I wanna load 100 rockets into my launcher maaaan.)

Edited by GM-3022 Havok
12 minutes ago, Arroyo said:

Are you talking about the ammo crates that you press e and it gave you  free ammo?

those were banned, unless the rule was removed

Yes and no, instead of them giving you free ammo it opens up a menu where you can buy it

I wanna say +1 for the RP, but practically it would not work. Especially when you are outside the base and need ammo. While it would encourage everyone going on patrol to stop by the armory to arm up before going out, there are people who would literally never do it. So because of that, I am gonna stay neutral.

11 hours ago, Carter said:

How about this.

Make ENGs useful.

ENGs can spawn ammo in for others in combat

Everyone protects ENGs like Medics cause they love to shoot shit 

Everyone else gotta go hit up armory for ammo if not ENGs alive

easy clap

Make it like battlefield ezclap locked moved to accepted

• Funny 1
16 hours ago, Bbstine said:

2. Let us say you are out in the middle of the jungle on the main server and you need ammo, what now then? Pull back that advantage point you've got just to fetch some ammo? I think the fuck not.

That's how military and logistics work. When you head out on a Patrol and If you know you're going to be out there for too long you're going to bring extra ammunition and supplies. 

And adding to getting ammo in the field. It would be neat if they could make it so you could get ammo from LAATs, so they would actually be used more than just transporting people. But it would be difficult with them being banned when there's 100+ people on. 

If you don't do that when going out then that's a you problem chief for being lazy. 

Edited by Phil
  • Retired Founder
14 hours ago, Carter said:

How about this.

Make ENGs useful.

ENGs can spawn ammo in for others in combat

Everyone protects ENGs like Medics cause they love to shoot shit 

Everyone else gotta go hit up armory for ammo if not ENGs alive

easy clap

-1 to the main suggestion (sorry Phil love you) because it’s immersive but at the same time this is a game server.

+1 to @Carter’s idea or to @Baxter’s idea!

14 hours ago, Jonah Mar said:

I wanna say +1 for the RP, but practically it would not work. Especially when you are outside the base and need ammo. While it would encourage everyone going on patrol to stop by the armory to arm up before going out, there are people who would literally never do it. So because of that, I am gonna stay neutral.

But that would encourage people to actually do it. The first time they go out they might forget and get themselves killed and they would say to themselves "alright next time we go out we're going to stop by the armory and gear up." 

And because a "few" individuals refuse to get ammo before going out because "they don't agree with this system" then the whole server shouldn't be punished. I agree that some people won't agree with this because "too much effort" (honestly it's not, you're just going to the armory and opening a menu to buy ammo) but I do believe it would give others more to do before going out. 

If our ability to eat and drink for actual RP reasons (*cough* because we are human and actually need food and water?) got denied what makes you think this will get accepted?

Yeah it's "realistic" if you look at it from a certain view, but it's just one more annoyance that would make us more frustrated.

4 minutes ago, Zest said:

If our ability to eat and drink for actual RP reasons (*cough* because we are human and actually need food and water?) got denied what makes you think this will get accepted?

Yeah it's "realistic" if you look at it from a certain view, but it's just one more annoyance that would make us more frustrated.

The reason the foodrp got denied because it was buggy you didn’t even see why it was denied. Also both of these suggestions were made at the same time.

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Greek said:

The reason the foodrp got denied because it was buggy you didn’t even see why it was denied. Also both of these suggestions were made at the same time.

I did see why it was denied, hence why I brought it up... It was a comparison for why this will get denied, as it being an annoyance like eating and drinking...

I know they were put at the same time, all of them were right after the community meeting.

*Facepalms*

My -1 still stands.

Edited by Zest
  • Agree 1
  • Management
Management

Yikes. Imagine complaining about running when majority of the day most of you are running around in circles in courtyard or in the base because you got nothing to do omegalul.
This will add some much needed immersion.
Also yes I believe that we should then rework a class so that they can give Ammo sorta like the GM Support Trooper can give armor.
Maybe Battalion Heavies and/or ENGs should be able to deploy Ammo crates during battle, and in my opinion they should also be able to give extra armor.

Edited by Marvel
  • Disagree 1
  • Winner 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Bruh this is wack. Do you realize, in all realism, that to get to armory you need to pass ST everytime. It would be like that scene in Lion king when he gets ran over by a stampede. Either the ST would give up getting sick en tired of waving everyone to go in, or he’ll start whacking his stick at all ya.

either way buying it as a buyable to players is soo much easier, and they are already a part of some trainings. Trust me it won’t work. Just be better to by via the store

Former: Liaison

Unless we add an inventory system where you can buy and store cases of ammo and use them on demand, its a fat -1 from me.

Because think about it: People die constantly during events, and you lose any and all ammo you gain upon death. So if there's an invasion in the courtyard, and everyone is constantly dying and losing their ammo they spent 3000+ on, Armory will be constantly crowded with people trying to load up on ammo from one ammo vendor and run back to the front lines. (I literally got out of an event server event where there was an ammo dispenser, and people were crowding around it trying to get as much ammo as possible. It was cancer.) 

Not only that, but you cant bring ammo with you from the main server to the event server, so people would be begging the gamemaster to spawn ammo for them so they aren't useless during the event. And if you run outta ammo during the event, you are completely outta luck and may as well pull out your fists and beat droids to death. (Which is exactly what the GMs did one time but that's besides the point.)  

The only way this would work is if you didn't lose all of your gained ammo on death, or if an inventory system that I just mentioned is implemented where you can store as much ammo as you need and use it on demand. I have seen other servers do this, so it is definitely possible. This would also save people a ton of credits because instead of spending credits on ammo spawning, they can just load their gun with as much ammo as they need, and still have ammo in reserve to use for no additional cost. Also, as mentioned before, you should make it so you can buy rockets and flamethrower fuel from the armory.

Otherwise, -1

Edited by GM-3022 Havok

I like the idea and your reasoning behind it. But in my opinion it makes things difficult especially when doing events/trials, etc... I like the idea of buying it in the shop. It makes it cost money. Unless maybe if you either raise the price of ammo, or if this does get implemented maybe having multiple places in the base, and outside the base to get ammo. This will allow getting ammo more efficient during events/trials, etc... Ex. Putting buyable ammo in CIT, CSR, CQC area. There are armories in Bravo and Alpha.

So I am -1 for now, unless there will be tons of places where ammo can be bought.

• Agree 1